November Whatever Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MW, you are cracking me up w/the stuff about your DH! Sorry you haven't O'd yet. What's your ideal EDD?

AFM: Ugh, YOU GUYS! Another super faint, wouldn't be there to a normal person line this morning. I can only see it if I take the top off the test and tilt it at the right angle. But my temp is back up this morning. I'm not going to call in my bloodwork favor this morning since we wouldn't find anything out until Monday anyways. I have one more test left (not to say that I can't just go buy more!) so I'll either test tomorrow or Sunday. I originally was stressed about knowing by tomorrow whether or not I am pg because I thought we had to go to this event for DH's work that would involve alcohol. I wanted to know for sure for that but last night he said that we didn't have to go now. I'm just going to try to relax this weekend. Ha! Easier said than done!

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

Oh and a quick question for you ladies that test super early. If I do get a better positive tomorrow, when do you mark on FF that you got your first positive? Would you mark it as tomorrow or go back to Wednesday when I got that first crazy line?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#62 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 11:16 AM

Hey guys....I'm back and I'm now 10dpo.

What are the chances that I could get 3 evap lines with 3 different tests?? This is the first time my DH has seen a line..and on all 3 of them no less!
I'm the skeptical one...for once! Every month, he tells me I'm neurotic for trying to "create" lines where there are none and now he's the one jumping up and down all excited but I really think they are false BFPs. The only thing I feel right now is frustrated! I don't like faint lines! I shouldn't have tested today...it can always go either way at 10dpo so that doesn't help!

The lines show up in 2 minutes but take 5-10 minutes to darken significantly. Is that normal for IC as an evap or a +??

You can double & triple click on these pics to enlarge them...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2q87alh&s=7
http://tinypic.com/r/2lnbgh3/7

eta: I didn't temp this month. I just charted CM and I know when I ovulated because I felt it...

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#63 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
Hey guys....I'm back and I'm now 10dpo.

What are the chances that I could get 3 evap lines with 3 different tests?? This is the first time my DH has seen a line..and on all 3 of them no less!
I'm the skeptical one...for once! Every month, he tells me I'm neurotic for trying to "create" lines where there are none and now he's the one jumping up and down all excited but I really think they are false BFPs. The only thing I feel right now is frustrated! I don't like faint lines! I shouldn't have tested today...it can always go either way at 10dpo so that doesn't help!

The lines show up in 2 minutes but take 5-10 minutes to darken significantly. Is that normal for IC as an evap or a +??

eta: I didn't temp this month. I just charted CM and I know when I ovulated because I felt it...
They are darker than the lines I'm getting right now! Good luck!

AFM: Just talked to my dr. friend and she wants me to come in and get my bloodwork started so I can start taking my progesterone tonight while we wait for the results over the weekend. I'm suddenly freaking out now!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#64 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
AFM: Ugh, YOU GUYS! Another super faint, wouldn't be there to a normal person line this morning. I can only see it if I take the top off the test and tilt it at the right angle. But my temp is back up this morning. I'm not going to call in my bloodwork favor this morning since we wouldn't find anything out until Monday anyways. I have one more test left (not to say that I can't just go buy more!) so I'll either test tomorrow or Sunday. I originally was stressed about knowing by tomorrow whether or not I am pg because I thought we had to go to this event for DH's work that would involve alcohol. I wanted to know for sure for that but last night he said that we didn't have to go now. I'm just going to try to relax this weekend. Ha! Easier said than done!
I think you're chart still looks great, and I can't wait for you to have a nice dark line so you can post pics for all of us.

Quote:

I have never had any luck with the IC tests, I'd much rather go spend money on a FRER. Crossing my fingers for you!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#65 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 PM

I don't like IC's either . . .but if I were an early and frequent tester, I might change my mind!

MW: have fun this weekend! ;0

Maybe November will be a lucky month for everyone, already 2? possible BFPs!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#66 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ I'm glad you talked to your friend. I think it's a good idea to go ahead and start the progesterone just to be safe. Since it usually takes 48-72 hours for hcg to double, your hpts may not get darker for another day or so. I would mark a + on your chart for Wednesday, the first day you got a line.

Kinder ~ Um, those lines are not super faint. I saw them immediately. My evaps don't show up when I take a pic. I can't see the lines on my computer. And, yes, it's normal for the lines of any hpt to get darker as it dries.

I would really prefer to have a baby next fall, sometime from September through November. That would have my kids' birthdays pretty evenly spaced, January, March, June and the fall. Ideally, I'd get pg in December or January and baby would be due in September or October. An early November conception would give me a very late July EDD so later in November moves my EDD into August, which is close enough. I'm not going to take this month off, though, to try to time that because of our circumstances.

I've been trying to visualize my egg getting fertilized and implanting and I've been saying things like, "I will have a baby by next fall," or, "I will be pg with a healthy embryo before my dh deploys again," rather than, "I want..." I'm not doing very good at feeling positive, though.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#67 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 02:40 PM

Well, I'm back from the dr. She's going to do a quant blood test and also check my progesterone level. I'm going to start the vaginal suppository again tonight and continue through the weekend. She may get the results back tomorrow so she'll call me as soon as she knows. She did say that unless I'm spotting or showing some sort of other risk factor for losing the baby, there's no need to check for doubling. Thoughts on that?

#68 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
She did say that unless I'm spotting or showing some sort of other risk factor for losing the baby, there's no need to check for doubling. Thoughts on that?
The only thing that rechecking your hcg might do is give you peace of mind. If it isn't doubling and you were going to lose the baby, there's nothing more anyone could do even with the hcg #s. T

Now this a + opk!

Today's opk (Sorry about the liquid on the tip. I didn't realize that was there.)

I'm going to go back and mark the others as negative. So now the question is, do I push to dtd tonight and tomorrow night or just tomorrow? I know last night and tomorrow night should be good but I'm really aiming for dtd the day before O since that seems to result in the highest chance of getting pg.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#69 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
The only thing that rechecking your hcg might do is give you peace of mind. If it isn't doubling and you were going to lose the baby, there's nothing more anyone could do even with the hcg #s. T

Now this a + opk!

Today's opk (Sorry about the liquid on the tip. I didn't realize that was there.)

I'm going to go back and mark the others as negative. So now the question is, do I push to dtd tonight and tomorrow night or just tomorrow? I know last night and tomorrow night should be good but I'm really aiming for dtd the day before O since that seems to result in the highest chance of getting pg.
I think you should push to do it tonight and tomorrow!

#70 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think you should push to do it tonight and tomorrow!
Ok, but what if I have to choose? Which would you choose, tonight or tomorrow night?

A + opk is almost as exciting as a + hpt!

#71 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 07:43 PM

OMG this thread is jumping!!

Kinder - I see that line clear as day! I don't think it's an evap at all! Yay!

Annie -

MW - If I had that opk I would do it tonight. Then if my temp was still down the next am, I would see if another bd was possible, but if not, I would be ok with those odds.

I agree a + opk is almost as exciting as a bfp! Totally!

JJ - WHERE ARE YOU!? Your chart looks very promising!! Look at that temp jump!! Did you test?!?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#72 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 PM

I was just catchin up on everyone elses. Your right, the thread IS hoping.

The temp isn't totally accurate, I had to adjust it for time, like 3 hours worth of time, plus a short sleep, plus the house was cool. Too many variables, but I'll admit I liked seeing it high this morning anyways. But I've been feeling crampy for the past three days, so I'm starting to lose hope. I got home from work half an hour ago, and DH won't be home until 10 or so, so I tested. I tried to convince myself not to. No dice. It's as white as stark white can be. Boo erms. I know it's not definitive at 11dpo, especially since it wasn't FMU, but it just feels like my sentence. I feel out. Which sucks, because 4 days ago I was convinced otherwise.

So, I'm waiting for AF and if nothing shows before Sunday then I'll test again, but with the cramps, and the stark white neg, I feel like I'll start soon. Feeling very disappointed. Like eat chocolate and cuddle on the couch with a sappy movie disappointed. Could be worse I suppose!

Kinder-- I see it, and I never see them. Yay!!

Annie-- Still thinking of you! Hopefully you'll get the results back soon. That wait must seem so much longer!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#73 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
MW - If I had that opk I would do it tonight. Then if my temp was still down the next am, I would see if another bd was possible, but if not, I would be ok with those odds.
I'm going to see what I can do. I have to admit I'm a little afraid that if I push BD too much my dh will suddenly act like he's just realized what's going on and refuse. I suggested to him that we TTC when he told me he was going to deploy again. I never did get an answer one way or the other. I've been going with the idea that he must be ok with TTC since he's been so willing to dtd EOD but I haven't actually asked him again. He can be pretty dense, though, so I can see him claiming he had no idea.

#74 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

JJ ~

I keep forgetting to ask everyone, are you going to adjust for daylight savings? TCOYF suggests that I temp 20 minutes early tomorrow, 20 minutes late Sunday and then back to normal Monday. Since I don't actually temp at the same time every day anyway it probably doesn't matter but I guess I'll try.

#75 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 PM

I dunno guys. We looked at the tests from this morning a few hours ago and the lines are now super faint....barely there. Most likely just more evaps. I don't like ICs because of this now but I will continue to use them because they are cheap. I think I just need to wait longer to test in the future.

JJ~ Whoa! your temp is really high! If that is what I think it is, it would be another day or two before you could possibly get a positive! Hang in there...it's not over yet and cramps! cramps can be a good sign! I had them 2 out of 3 pregs and was convinced AF was coming!

I almost don't want to test tomorrow. This morning was an emotional roller coaster! I think I'm going to wait to see if AF comes.

#76 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I dunno guys. We looked at the tests from this morning a few hours ago and the lines are now super faint....barely there. Most likely just more evaps. I don't like ICs because of this now but I will continue to use them because they are cheap. I think I just need to wait longer to test in the future.

JJ~ Whoa! your temp is really high! If that is what I think it is, it would be another day or two before you could possibly get a positive! Hang in there...it's not over yet and cramps! cramps can be a good sign! I had them 2 out of 3 pregs and was convinced AF was coming!

I almost don't want to test tomorrow. This morning was an emotional roller coaster! I think I'm going to wait to see if AF comes.
See this is everything I wanted to avoid with early testing. lol. The ambiguous lines, the waiting anyways, the stress of not what you're seeing... lol.

I'm trying to remain positive. I have no spotting or pinkish tinged CF, so that's good. And if I compared my unadjusted temp to the others, I can see it would be 'high'. I'm trying to lean on the little things. DH keeps saying he "knows" I'm pregnant, based on littl ethings I'm doing, but the last few days have me backing off on that a little.

And then I look at my chart and scratch my head. lol. It looks so could, how could it NOT result in a pg? lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#77 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Ok, but what if I have to choose? Which would you choose, tonight or tomorrow night?

A + opk is almost as exciting as a + hpt!
With that super positive opk, if I had to choose, I would choose tonight.

#78 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 PM

O.K. I'm back to my original statement of HATING the new DT tests. I decided to stop in the other DT in my town on my way home tonight on the off chance that they have started to sell HPTs. Sure enough, there they were behind the counter. So I bought three and took one when I got home. They were the nice old fat ones, not the new skinny ones. A nice, fairly decent but still faint, line. No squinting, no tilting. It's there! I'm still going to wait until tomorrow morning to call it on FF but I will definitely mark today as a BFP once I get a darker one tomorrow. Oh and I'm trying to get a good pic to show you guys.

OMG, YOU GUYS!?! Is there seriously a baby inside me????????

#79 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
O.K. I'm back to my original statement of HATING the new DT tests. I decided to stop in the other DT in my town on my way home tonight on the off chance that they have started to sell HPTs. Sure enough, there they were behind the counter. So I bought three and took one when I got home. A nice, fairly decent but still faint, line. No squinting, no tilting. It's there! I'm still going to wait until tomorrow morning to call it on FF but I will definitely mark today as a BFP once I get a darker one tomorrow. Oh and I'm trying to get a good pic to show you guys.

OMG, YOU GUYS!?! Is there seriously a baby inside me????????
It would seem so.

Why do now hate DT tests again? Wouldn't you love them for giving you a bfp so soon?

#80 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 09:32 PM

No I LOVE the old ones. I hate the new ones, the super skinny ones that you haven't seen yet. Blech, I wouldn't be surprised if the line from Wednesday was an evap.

Anyways, o.k. this is not a great pic and it is super faint but here you go ladies! Enjoy!

http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSC04313.jpg

#81 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

I can see that, Annie! I did have to tilt my screen a little but I definitely see it. So the other store had the old tests, then? That's what you were saying? Ugh, now I hope I don't have the new ones.

DH said he didn't know if he'd be able to fulfill his husbandly duty tonight. 3 days in a row ! I issued him a challenge; every night through the weekend. 5 days in a row. hehe

#82 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
No I LOVE the old ones. I hate the new ones, the super skinny ones that you haven't seen yet. Blech, I wouldn't be surprised if the line from Wednesday was an evap.

Anyways, o.k. this is not a great pic and it is super faint but here you go ladies! Enjoy!

http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSC04313.jpg
That's definitely positive! It looks like mine but hey that's not an IC, so trust it! Congrats Mama!

I kinda wish you had an IC there because then I'd ask you to report if it fades over the course of half a day like mine did!!

#83 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
I can see that, Annie! I did have to tilt my screen a little but I definitely see it. So the other store had the old tests, then? That's what you were saying? Ugh, now I hope I don't have the new ones.

DH said he didn't know if he'd be able to fulfill his husbandly duty tonight. 3 days in a row ! I issued him a challenge; every night through the weekend. 5 days in a row. hehe
Yeah the other store had the old tests. Sorry, my brain isn't working very well right now! If you open the box, you should be able to feel through the white packaging whether it's an old one or a new one. The new ones are SOOOO small. I wish I hadn't left them at my office because I would try to take a pic with all of them so you guys could see how different the lines are. Of course I guess it's possible that my hcg level has risen throughout the day so it was higher at 5 PM than it was at 7 AM so that's why the difference in the tests. But I just think the new ones are not as sensitive.

5 days in a row!?! Do you think he can keep up with you?

#84 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 10:55 PM

Oh and about the time change and temping, I don't do anything fancy. I just take my temp when it says 5 AM on my phone. Because honestly, some days I temp earlier than that anyways. If I wake up at 4 and I have to pee, I will go ahead and take my temp before I get out of bed to pee.

#85 of 429 Old 11-05-2010, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Of course I guess it's possible that my hcg level has risen throughout the day so it was higher at 5 PM than it was at 7 AM so that's why the difference in the tests.
They say there are a lot of reasons why the lines on the test might be lighter or darker. Who knows?

Quote:
5 days in a row!?! Do you think he can keep up with you?
We shall see. Honestly, I probably won't be able to do that, either. I'll be happy if we can make it tonight and tomorrow night (assuming I actually O this time).

#86 of 429 Old 11-06-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
They say there are a lot of reasons why the lines on the test might be lighter or darker. Who knows?

We shall see. Honestly, I probably won't be able to do that, either. I'll be happy if we can make it tonight and tomorrow night (assuming I actually O this time).
Just stalked your chart and it looks like you were able to convince him last night!

I took another test this AM and it's still really light but I went ahead and marked it on FF as a BFP. Hopefully my friend will call today with my numbers. If I need the progesterone, I'm going to get her to prescribe the oral tabs instead this time. I really hate the vaginal suppository compounds. I feel like half of it is leaking out of me!

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

#87 of 429 Old 11-06-2010, 08:27 AM

Annie - I see it! I totally see it! And per your recs, I'm not going to stop off today on the way home and p/u and DT tests. Forget it! Thanks for your opinion on them!

MW - on getting one more bd in! If you guys aren't up for it tonight don't stress out too much! I hope your temp is up SOON!!

JJ - on that bfn. It's early. Keep reminding yourself that. It's so hard to feel out, ugh, I know. I hope it's just a late implanter and your time is NOW!

Kinder - again!

So many bfps! I really want to join you guys!!

AFM - it took all my strength not to test this morning (i'm only 9 dpo)! I didn't though, and I'm not going to. I have vowed that unless shows before, or my temp drops suddenly, to test on TUESDAY. Keep me honest, ladies!
I do have tender bbs, but they do this every cycle so they just cannot be trusted
I'm a little crampy -- but I'm still *ahem* backed up a bit, so it could just be that I need to use the bathroom.
So...just speculating at this point. I'm trying real hard not to be too hopeful but it isn't working. My chart is beautiful and our timing was impeccable, and DH is finally 100% on board, and I'm no longer harboring any fears about labor/birth. Ugh it's just everything feels right.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#88 of 429 Old 11-06-2010, 08:40 AM

BC~ False positives...damn ICs. I tested again on a 6 day FRER (only because my DH woke me up at 7 am and insisted--poor guy got his hopes up) and it was negative. Nothing. Nadda.

Those pink wrapper FRER test 10 mius right?

Annie--did you take another test this morning? pic?

A question to all you chart'ers:

How do you temp each morning and not let it disturb your sleep? I temped for just one month and found my sleep was really restless and I woke up at various times in the early morning in anticipation of my temperature for that day...was it higher, lower, implantation dip?, triphasic rise?....You get the idea! Sometimes I would lay there for over an hour! I think I need a thermometer which takes my temp and records it so I can just go right back to sleep (which brand?). I have a hard time falling back asleep once my mind starts revving up. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep temping.

#89 of 429 Old 11-06-2010, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Oops, everyone. We didn't actually dtd last night. I put that in when I was messing with my chart to see what kind of BD ratings I would get with various O days and BD scenarios. I forgot to take it out. DH didn't get home until almost 9 last night. I thought he was up for dtd but when we finally got to our bed he declined. My temp is still down this am, though, so it'll be ok for tonight.

Kinder ~ The ICs go as low as 10 mIU, too. Personally, I'd trust an IC over FRER. I do not like FRER. How many dpo are you?

By the way, there's no such thing as a false +. It's either a chemical pregnancy or an evap line. Just a difference in wording, I know, but I think it's important to clarify.

Annie ~ I know the suppositories are a pita but they are more bioeffective since they don't have to pass through the gut. They also are a lot less likely to give you side effects like nausea.

Carrie ~ Hold on, girl!

#90 of 429 Old 11-06-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:

Kinder ~ The ICs go as low as 10 mIU, too. Personally, I'd trust an IC over FRER. I do not like FRER. How many dpo are you?
I don't know if I have the newer 10 miu tests or the older 20 mius. I'm pretty sure I got the 20s from early-pregnancy-tests.com because I went to reorder yesterday and noticed they had the 10 mius and I don't remember seeing those or ordering them in the past.

I'm 11 dpo today. I used my last IC yesterday so now all I have are FRERs. I'm just doing to wait to see if AF comes on Tuesday. By tomorrow or Sunday, I'll know for sure because that's when I get signs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page