Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Thanks Kinder!

JJ -

MW - Nice temp shift!!

AFM - had a nice temp rise today so I decided to test. Snow white BFN. Sigh.

I'm definitely in the anger stage of grief at this point. I'm so mad I could spit. I didn't tell DH I tested, I'm just going to pretend I didn't and let come.
Oh my goodness! Baby_Cakes, I'm so sorry! I just looked at your chart a few minutes ago and thought, she needs to test...

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2010, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ You are only 10dpo. A BFN at this point is inconclusive.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 PM

MW - According to FF and to my gut feeling I'm 11 dpo, which I know is still early, but it's reasonable to get a bfp. I got my bfp w/nora @ 11dpo.

But, I was thinking yeah, sure I could be only 10 dpo, or it could be a late implanter. One of my close friends was telling me that she tested bfn until 13dpo, so don't give up just yet. My chart doesn't lie and looks so pretty. I was really hopeful and almost just baffled as to why I'm not pg.

I'm mad. I'm doing everything right. I'm in a very angry mood now, and am just really fed up. If this is some big life lesson the universe has for me, it's a really crummy one and I'm giving it a giant double middle finger! I'm feeling bitter.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 11-08-2010, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
MW - According to FF and to my gut feeling I'm 11 dpo, which I know is still early, but it's reasonable to get a bfp. I got my bfp w/nora @ 11dpo.

But, I was thinking yeah, sure I could be only 10 dpo, or it could be a late implanter. One of my close friends was telling me that she tested bfn until 13dpo, so don't give up just yet. My chart doesn't lie and looks so pretty. I was really hopeful and almost just baffled as to why I'm not pg.

I'm mad. I'm doing everything right. I'm in a very angry mood now, and am just really fed up. If this is some big life lesson the universe has for me, it's a really crummy one and I'm giving it a giant double middle finger! I'm feeling bitter.
to you, too.

Unfortunately, temps don't really mean anything definitive during the 2ww except to show that you've Oed. It has been shown over and over again that there is no temp pattern that occurs on all or the majority of pg charts that never occurs on non-pg charts that means you are pg. In other words, it doesn't matter how "pretty" your chart looks. I wish there were something.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 11-08-2010, 05:11 PM

I know. I just meant the whole thing. Nice shift, etc. Not necessarily just the temps during the 2ww.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I know. I just meant the whole thing. Nice shift, etc. Not necessarily just the temps during the 2ww.
Oh, I thought you were talking about the high temp today since you said that was what prompted you to test. I know it doesn't really help you but I don't think you are out yet.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 PM

Well, it certainly didn't not prompt me to test. It was still up. I guess that's all I really got from my temp. It didn't plummet.

I know, I keep hoping that stays away. But sigh. Idk what I feel right now. I think JJ summed it up pretty well - numb.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

I wonder if your temp was up so high because of the time change. Technically, you took your temp an hour later than you had been without time for your body to adjust. Not that it would mean anything if it were lower. Just something I wondered.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:55 PM

Babycakes- even if you are already 11dpo, it could still go either way. I have seen countless charts where women temp from 9dpo until they finally get a BFP at 12, 13, 14, 15 + DPO!

Don't give in to the anger until AF actually shows!!! Hang in there!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 11-09-2010, 11:00 AM

Morning, ladies!

Sigh, I'm pretty sure I'm out now. My temp did plummet today. I'm hoping stays away at least for today, so I can have that nice 12 full day lp again.

my chart

Im processing it. I'll be ok.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:28 AM

Carrie, that is such a bummer! hope she does stay away.

I have nothing to add, really. I did actually remember to temp the last couple days and they are higher than usual for pre-O temps (for me) but maybe affected by the cold I can't shake, or mouth breathing, which I tend to do if my nose is stuffy. Trying to get back in the habit is hard!

Who else is in the TWW?

MW - still no O?

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 11-09-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Morning, ladies!

Sigh, I'm pretty sure I'm out now. My temp did plummet today. I'm hoping stays away at least for today, so I can have that nice 12 full day lp again.

my chart

Im processing it. I'll be ok.
Sweetie.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 11-09-2010, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ I'm sorry. If this is getting so upsetting for you, you could consult a doctor. It might help you feel a little better if you just have things checked out. I don't know. Just a suggestion.

katrina ~ I forget where you are in your cycle now.

I was wondering how sleeping with your mouth open might affect your temp. I woke this morning with a stuffed nose and am pretty sure I was sleeping with my mouth open. I woke an hour early this morning so my temp was a little low. Adjusted it would be right where I'd expect it so I don't know if having my mouth open made any difference. I would think it would make my temp lower. You are saying it makes your temp higher?

I got my crosshairs this morning on FF regardless, My FF Chart. Ovusoft did not give me crosshairs even though the temp was adjusted in that chart and made higher. My Ovusoft Chart

Old 11-10-2010, 06:25 AM

Thanks ladies!

I'm doing okay.  I think it's definitely time I go for an annual and just mention that we've been ttc, and maybe just get a full blood panel done to make sure things are good.  I haven't had anything checked out since I had Nora.  I wasn't good w/going for exams before having her, and I guess I've slipped back into old habits.

DH and I shared a bottle of wine last night (Ok, ok, I drank almost all and he had a few sips) and we decided something huge.  I'm not going to chart anymore.  I think mentally it's draining me, and I'm overthinking everything.  It is a great tool to have, and I feel a little scared letting go of my security blanket, but the truth is that timing everything perfectly hasn't helped us conceive so maybe the stress IS getting to me.  Idk.  All I know is I need a mental break - not a TTC break -- but a break from the obsession.

So maybe I'll fit in here @ whatevering even more! 

mw - nice ch's!  I agree w/FF's.  I love seeing a clear shift!

How is everyone else doing?  

Old 11-10-2010, 06:44 AM

Yay for crosshairs!

Carrie, I feel seeing a doc can't hurt, and might help, so who knows? I love me some good vino (and by good, I mean like at most a $12 bottle! I like nearly all the sorts made under the Duplin label) Good luck letting go charting, for us, using a fertility monitor really helped, as it took out the guesswork. I stressed a lot less that cycle (that was with DS). unfortunately, I passed along the good luck monitor and am unwilling to schill out for a new one.

MW: I would think it would make your temps lower, my temps have just been high for pre-O temps so I am a bit puzzled. I am on CD 14, waiting to O. . . . with as wacky as my cycles have been, I have no idea when that will be, but FF predicts next week shrug.gif pre-baby my CL was nearly always at 97.4, and my temps the last 3 days (the only ones I have temped this cycle) have been 97.4, 97.5, and 97.5. will keep chugging along and see what happens. I think I need to jump DH earlier in te evening, b/c if I wait until bedtime, we are too tired to bother. He is at least coming to bed when I do, which is a step in the right direction!

baby is still STTN! yay! and only 10 days until his 1st birthday!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 AM

I'm still hanging out here with you guys. I'm not ready to go over to a DDC yet. Plus this new format is giving me a headache!

MW: yay for crosshairs!

BC: Boo for AF. Good luck giving up charting...I had to FORCE myself to not take my temp this AM. It was hard!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

This new format is weird, huh? I guess it's more like other message boards but going to take some getting used to on here. I wasn't getting email notifications again, either. Now I just tried to insert a smiley but couldn't figure out how to scroll through the smileys or how to close the window. I had to go back a page and restart my reply.

Carrie ~ Sorry about AF. Hopefully, not charting will ease your stress. I guess now I'll be the only one obsessing more than should be allowed for whatevering. hehe

Ovusoft gave me crosshairs today with the same O day as FF. I'm not doing very well at not obsessing and I'm only 4dpo. I was considering using an opk today just so I could test with something. I've also been considering getting some FRERs for 7-9dpo. I know I say over and over again that I hate them but the claims of them detecting as little as 6.3 mIU are sucking me in. I was thinking of getting a box of 3 to use as throw away tests just to see what I might get. I've got plenty of ICs to get me through the rest of my lp. I know they cost more but one box won't put me in the poor house.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

This new format is weird, huh? I guess it's more like other message boards but going to take some getting used to on here. I wasn't getting email notifications again, either. Now I just tried to insert a smiley but couldn't figure out how to scroll through the smileys or how to close the window. I had to go back a page and restart my reply.

Carrie ~ Sorry about AF. Hopefully, not charting will ease your stress. I guess now I'll be the only one obsessing more than should be allowed for whatevering. hehe

Ovusoft gave me crosshairs today with the same O day as FF. I'm not doing very well at not obsessing and I'm only 4dpo. I was considering using an opk today just so I could test with something. I've also been considering getting some FRERs for 7-9dpo. I know I say over and over again that I hate them but the claims of them detecting as little as 6.3 mIU are sucking me in. I was thinking of getting a box of 3 to use as throw away tests just to see what I might get. I've got plenty of ICs to get me through the rest of my lp. I know they cost more but one box won't put me in the poor house.

Well, given your history and knowing that you need to start progesterone ASAP, I think it's perfectly reasonable for you to start testing right away. That's why I started testing so early.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:47 AM

I agree w/Annie, go for it. Test all you want!

I hope I can find peace with not charting.  I may still do opks, I'm undecided.  I want to take an active role but I don't want to be obsessive!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Active, but not obsessive is a fine line to walk! for me, OPK's are more obsessive than temping (I think it is because I have to pay for them, IDK) but to each their own - that is what whatevering is, yes?

MW: test all you want! I far prefer POAS to PIAC things, so lean towards the FRER ones myself. When will you start testing?

Annie, you are welcome as long as you choose to by here, even Lyterae pops in on occasion, and I think she was the first whatever BFP.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 AM

I'm also a bit weirded out by the new format. Where did our signatures go? Can we get them back, or is it not something they're doing anymore? I like seeing everyone's -- it helps me remember how many and ages of kids you all have! lol

Babycakes: *hugs* I was hoping you were still in. We can mope together I suppose. I was considering the doctor thing again, mostly as a bit of an excuse because I'm due for a checkup anyways, but the thing is, I know it's too early for me to be worrying. This is essentially the first month we really had great timing, and one month means nothing. And I think about what she can test/check this early, and it doesn't seem worth it. I'm going to drink way more water and green tea, and the EPO this month and try to help my CF quality, because I feel like that has something to do with it. Since I quit starbucks, my CF has sucked. lol. funny reason to keep a job!

MW: Yay for CH !! Now it gets exciting!

Ok... and I need you guys to talk me down or something. So... AF started Sunday night at like 11-1130. It was heavy all day Monday, like twice the amount of tampons I usually need, and then by the time I went to bed at around 1am, it had slowed, and I just put a pad on for overnight. Which brings us to Tuesday-- I had an extremely light flow all day, I really only needed a pantyliner for it. I put a light tampon in at around 6pm, but when I went to change it when I went to bed at aruond 2 again, so a full 8 hours, even that wasn't "ready" to be changed, my flow was that light. And today so far I've had -nothing-. Anyone had anything like this? It's got me so confused, because I've never been that heavy before, and then also never had such a short af. I keep expecting to get tihs big rush, but nothing. It's stressing me out.

I told DH I was angry I got AF, because in my head, I just wasn't going to- we were pregnant. And so I was telling myself I was going to wait one or two more days until I knew I was pregnant, and then take advantage of my unexpected desire to dtd (which i pretty much neevr have, I have to make a conscious effort to get in the mood), because we wouldn't be restricted by AF. And then she came, and ruinined all my plans. He agrees now he's pissed at her too. lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 11-10-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I agree w/Annie, go for it. Test all you want!

I hope I can find peace with not charting.  I may still do opks, I'm undecided.  I want to take an active role but I don't want to be obsessive!

What if you just tracked your CF in FF? Would that stress you out?

Old 11-10-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

I'm also a bit weirded out by the new format. Where did our signatures go? Can we get them back, or is it not something they're doing anymore? I like seeing everyone's -- it helps me remember how many and ages of kids you all have! lol

Babycakes: *hugs* I was hoping you were still in. We can mope together I suppose. I was considering the doctor thing again, mostly as a bit of an excuse because I'm due for a checkup anyways, but the thing is, I know it's too early for me to be worrying. This is essentially the first month we really had great timing, and one month means nothing. And I think about what she can test/check this early, and it doesn't seem worth it. I'm going to drink way more water and green tea, and the EPO this month and try to help my CF quality, because I feel like that has something to do with it. Since I quit starbucks, my CF has sucked. lol. funny reason to keep a job!

MW: Yay for CH !! Now it gets exciting!

Ok... and I need you guys to talk me down or something. So... AF started Sunday night at like 11-1130. It was heavy all day Monday, like twice the amount of tampons I usually need, and then by the time I went to bed at around 1am, it had slowed, and I just put a pad on for overnight. Which brings us to Tuesday-- I had an extremely light flow all day, I really only needed a pantyliner for it. I put a light tampon in at around 6pm, but when I went to change it when I went to bed at aruond 2 again, so a full 8 hours, even that wasn't "ready" to be changed, my flow was that light. And today so far I've had -nothing-. Anyone had anything like this? It's got me so confused, because I've never been that heavy before, and then also never had such a short af. I keep expecting to get tihs big rush, but nothing. It's stressing me out.

I told DH I was angry I got AF, because in my head, I just wasn't going to- we were pregnant. And so I was telling myself I was going to wait one or two more days until I knew I was pregnant, and then take advantage of my unexpected desire to dtd (which i pretty much neevr have, I have to make a conscious effort to get in the mood), because we wouldn't be restricted by AF. And then she came, and ruinined all my plans. He agrees now he's pissed at her too. lol

The default now is for the signatures to be hidden. If you click on "My Profile" at the top and then choose profile options or something like that, you scroll down to the bottom and uncheck the box that says "hide signatures".

I've been known to POAS 2-3 days after AF has started because it just didn't seem right...

Old 11-10-2010, 11:22 AM

Thanks I'll try that. It helps me keep track of everyone!

I'm trying to convince myself not to POAS, but this just seems so weird. I would be convinced if the first day hadn't been so heavy, but it definately wasn't spotting, it was full on flow. In the back of my mind I think I'm kind of like "but... where is it all?" lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 PM

Man, AF got me...a day and half late too! I haven't been this late since March. I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up but sad for my DH who really did. greensad.gif  We conceived so easily every other time...I'm regretting the V big time. I know with reversals, it can take some time, but, I can't help but wonder if it will ever happen. I'm trying not to go down that road, it's only been two months of decently timed BD'ing. I'm sorry BD and JJ that you have to join me another month! It sure helps to have mamas who are pretty much on the same cycle! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 11-10-2010, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to test early whether I have FRERs or not. I've got something like 20 ICs so I can test twice a day throughout my lp. I want to wait until 7dpo to start but I'll probably start at 6dpo. I can't seem to hold off any longer anymore since I read the ICs can sometimes detect hcg that early. It all depends on when implantation occurs. I did get a box of FRER because they were only *$8 at the commissary and then had a $1 or $2 off coupon on the box. I'll still paic for the frers. I'm paranoid about missing the strip and not getting enough on it and then questioning the test if it's negative. Also, that way I can use 2 different kinds and compare.

OPKs got me very obsessive, too. I still have some left so I guess I'll use those up next cycle if I need to. After they are gone I don't plan to buy any more.

I made an appointment with my doc  to discuss why I'm so tired all the time and some other wellness issues. I've been having some bad stomach problems for a while now and I really want to get to the bottom of what's causing it. It's on what will be cd3 if I'm not pregnant. That way I can get the cd3 hormones checked and find out what my FSH, LH and estrogen are like. It might give me an idea on where I am wrt perimenopause and PCOS. If I am pg, I'll need to see the doc asap so it will work out either way.

Carrie ~ You can take an active role by dtd every 2-3 days and/or dtd a lot whenever you get watery or ewcf. You wouldn't need temps or opks for that.

I'm still not getting email notifications even though I set my preferences to immediate. Anyone figured out how to use the smileys?

Old 11-10-2010, 01:53 PM

It just took me 10 min to figure out how to get the multi quotes to appear!!  And then it didn't work!!  GRRR!

I was thinking I might track CM.  I know when I normally O and we decided we're just going to have normal, regular, frequent sex and see what happens.  I think it's the bd'ing for 3,4, even 5 days in a row and then basically holding my breath for a week and a half hoping and praying that I'm pg that's stressing me out.  It's just absolutely no fun.

The smilies are just a mess!  If you click the one you want it'll show up in your post and the dialogue box goes away.  But they're all scrambled up and the html codes don't work for them so that's annoying!!

Old 11-10-2010, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

You have to type above the quotes? You can't type below them anymore?

Anyway, forcing BD every day like that is not fun. Also, more is not always better. That's why I try for EOD but even that can start to feel like a chore. It's a lot easier when I wait until I have ewcf. That way it's only a few days rather than weeks. That's one reason those opks really messed with me. Since I got what I thought were positives so early I felt a lot more pressure to dtd as much as possible and it got really frustrating when I didn't O soon.

Just trying a smiley. I got this to work but I don't see how to scroll through the smileys to find what I really want. They are all jumbled up, too, aren't they? Ugh. The categories made it so easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I think it's the bd'ing for 3,4, even 5 days in a row and then basically holding my breath for a week and a half hoping and praying that I'm pg that's stressing me out.  It's just absolutely no fun.

The smilies are just a mess!  If you click the one you want it'll show up in your post and the dialogue box goes away.  But they're all scrambled up and the html codes don't work for them so that's annoying!!

Old 11-11-2010, 12:58 PM

Yeah, the subscription isn't working for me either. How annoying.

It's funny, the topic of ED or EOD... my body literally can't handle ED. It ends up painful. Not worth the pain for a chance. I'll stick with EOD, and eventually it'll work for us.

Kinder-- It really really does not seem fair when AF is late, and then shows up anyways. It gives you time to get a little bit excited, and then such a letdown. You're right though- it helps to have others at the same time in their cycles. It's funny, because there's been several months now where we were all sure it was the month, and then nothing, it makes me wonder if all of a sudden we'll all get a BFP the same month too. It'll be an empty thread! lol

AFM: I'm still confused by "AF". Day 1 was heavy, day two was barely spotting, day three was just barely heavier than spotting, and then now day four so far is pretty much nothing. Where's it going if it's not coming out? Am I just going to have like a 10 day AF? Now that doesn't seem fair! lol. And the longest it goes wacky like this, the more I want to test just to ease my mind and start fresh. But I only have one tet left and that seems silly.

Chart Here

Old 11-11-2010, 01:02 PM

JJ, maybe you could just try taking your temp in the AM to see what it is? If it's low, then that will sort of be an answer for you.

I couldn't handle DTD ED either. Even DTD as much as we have these past couple of cycles during my fertile period was enough to give me a YI during my LP. Ugh!

User Tag List