November Whatever Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Oh my effing Gosh! Sorry for the expletive. I took another IC after not drinking anything for 4 hours. I thought I was seeing yet another frickin evap. I was debating what to do. I have one more Answer Early I could use but I didn't want to waste it. I have a box of 3 EPT digis. I was sure I wouldn't get a BFP on those even if these ICs were actually + because they list 50 mIU sensitivity. I decided what the heck. I'll use one EPT just to prove to myself that I'm getting evaps. The thing was taking forever to finish so I was sure it would say, "not pregnant". But, OMG! It says "pregnant"! I can't believe it. First, I can't believe I'm pg. Second, I can't believe I got a positive with an EPT digi at only 8dpo with nighttime urine. I've taken pics with my phone and I'm trying to get them uploaded. I'll post asap.

Woo!! I can't wait to see pictures!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#182 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 05:10 PM

OMG!!  Really?!  Holy cow you process hcg QUICK!!!  Post, post, post!!! 

Oh -- sorry - I live in central jersey, in Piscataway.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#183 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Aargh! No matter what I do I can't post an image on here. I tried uploading from photobucket and from my computer but neither worked. So, here's a link:  http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/ryeth/Tests/002-1.jpg

Oh, and seeing these ICs and thinking back to last cycle. I am sure now that I was pg last cycle. Those lines I was seeing were not evaps. Please, sticky, baby, stick.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#184 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 05:16 PM

Sending you so many sticky vibes!  OMGosh!!  

fingersx.gif

ps can you post a bigger pic?  I wanna see those IC lines!!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#185 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

I know, Carrie. It's insane. I absolutely did not expect a BFP from the EPT digital. I can't believe my hCG is at least 50 already. It must be more sensitive. It says you can test up to 5 days before the day AF is expected, which is the same thing that the Answer box says. I did remember, though, that I was getting really faint lines on my ICs when my beta was 58. Maybe I should have used that darn Answer. I'll have to use that one tomorrow.

I'll have to call the doc tomorrow. I don't know how I'll get in because they won't even let my kids in the door. Hopefully, my oldest has the day off. If not, maybe my neighbor can watch the boys. She always says she'll babysit but backs out a lot.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#186 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Here's a bigger pic. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/ryeth/Tests/002.jpg You probably still won't be able to see any lines on the ICs. I'm telling you they are so faint. They look like gray evaps.

#187 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 05:22 PM

Ps, I just want to say thanks for saying that it took a long time to come up on that digi.  I always take them and if it takes longer than like 30 seconds I figure I'm not pg, b/c of how long it's taking.  At least it *can* take a little longer for a positive result!  That's good to know!

I am *really* excited for you.  I hope you get into the dr tmw and that this precious little bean sticks!  

And they're tilters, but I TOTALLY see lines on those ICs, especially the 1st hpt.  The green one is an opk, right?

#188 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:

Here's a bigger pic. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/ryeth/Tests/002.jpg You probably still won't be able to see any lines on the ICs. I'm telling you they are so faint. They look like gray evaps.

I'm so excited for you! I can't believe how early you get positive results! I hope that you're able to get in tomorrow.joy.gif

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#189 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 05:44 PM

banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif Yay MW! You have a baby inside you! WHHHHHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Is the green test a OPK? The one right below the green test, I can totally see the line on that one! That's how the test looked when I took it the evening after I went to the doctor. That was the day that my hcg was 18.

I'm adding you to my sticky baby prayer list!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#190 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, thank you, everyone.

Yes, the green one is an opk. As I was standing in the bathroom debating whether or not to use my last Answer Early I decided to try an opk. They say that you will get a + opk if you are pg. I thought that would confirm one or the other. It isn't quite + yet but it is dark. The thing is I always get dark opks as you saw from my tribulations with those darn things throughout this cycle. I'm so happy, excited and anxious that I don't know what to do with myself. I probably won't sleep at all tonight.

Oh, and did I mention that the bottom IC was dipped in the same urine as the EPT. Even IRL I can't see a line on that test. The 2 ICs on the top were dipped in the same urine, too. One has a line but the other does not. Just weird.

#191 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 06:00 PM

MW, you are starting your progesterone tonight, right?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#192 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ The instructions for the EPT digi say it takes 3 minutes to get a result but you could get a result as quickly as 1 minute. It took the entire 3 minutes. I was sure that meant negative.

#193 of 429 Old 11-14-2010, 06:55 PM

OMG!!! NO WAY!!! That's so great, MW! I'm just about as shocked as you are. I can believe you got a + digi already. At night on 8dpo!!! Goodness, I'm psyched for you!!!

banana.gifjammin.gifbouncy.gifjoy.gif

Please baby stay this time!!! Mama's been wanting you for so long!!!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#194 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 05:50 AM

Alright MW, I've been stalking your chart this AM and it looks like you got another positive test. Pics please!

#195 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 AM

lots of sticky vibes going your way dust.gif

nothing new with me, just waiting to O - I am proud of myself actually temping though! now that I am not sick, my temps have gone back down to normal pre-O temps, which is nice :) DS was up a couple nights this weekend, don't know if he is cutting another tooth or what. He had his first (early)b-day party yesterday, and he loves cake!

go you on the staining! I have so many unfinished projects around the house I need to work on, touch up paint, patch ceiling, clean, clean, clean.

oh, and I love digi's! they are worth the money to me as the completely lack ambiguitity.

Welcome Lioness!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#196 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Haha, Annie. The only way I can take a pic is if I erase the ones on my camera. I'm saving those in case the doc doesn't believe me. Crazy, I know, but being only 8dpo, I probably wouldn't believe me if I were a doc. Maybe later today or tomorrow.

Yeah, I got a very slightly darker line on another IC. Strangely, the Answer Early was negative. Now that it's dry there does look like there could be just the faintest hint of a line but it looks gray. When I take it apart I see nothing. Since I've gotten BFPs twice in the past on Answer Earlys with only 12 mIU hCG, that has really got me wondering. How is it possible that I could get a BFP on a digi at night and not get a BFP on an Answer Early with FMU? I almost dipped another digi but I was afraid.

I'm really upset right now. I called the doc's office like he said to do and was told they can't get me in until tomorrow morning. I know one day probably won't make a big difference but it's very frustrating. It makes me feel like no one really takes this seriously. I cried as soon as I hung up the phone. On top of that, I may not be able to go tomorrow. I lucked out that ds1 has the day off today. I don't know if he works tomorrow or not. They do not allow children even in the front door of their clinic because of the swine flu and pregnant women. :rolleyes

I made an appointment for tomorrow at 10:30 in the hopes that either ds1 will have another day off or my neighbor can babysit the boys. I've asked her in the past if she could watch them while I go to the doctor and she always says of course but backs out at the last minute. The receptionist said she's pass a note to the doc's nurse and have her call me in case they want me to do something different.

I also called the other doctor I was seeing before. He's not as busy so would probably have an opening today. The lady on the phone said they usually don't see pgs until 6 weeks because a scan before then would be inconclusive. I told her I don't want a scan, just a quant beta and progesterone level. I got the same response. She'd talk to the doc as soon as she could and call me back. I guess my next option is to call the MW I saw when I was pg in July. She's a CNM so she can write lab orders.

Now I'm not so patiently waiting for someone to call me back. My nerves are shot. My stomach is a complete butterflies.

Katrina ~ Good for you for temping. Both my boys actually slept the entire night in their beds Friday night. I was so shocked to wake up with just my dh in the bed. :lol

#197 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 06:51 AM

MW!  OMG! sticky.gif sticky.gif sticky.gif  Why is it so hard to get help?  I'm so frustrated for you!  Have you thought about calling the NH, too?  I'd offer to watch your boys, but N is vomiting today.  I didn't get my temp this morning b/c of it.  Argh.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#198 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 06:53 AM

I say take deep breath (or a few).  It's going to be ok.  Try not to worry (as hard as it maybe not to).  Let us know if you get in somewhere today, ok?

#199 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:

Haha, Annie. The only way I can take a pic is if I erase the ones on my camera. I'm saving those in case the doc doesn't believe me. Crazy, I know, but being only 8dpo, I probably wouldn't believe me if I were a doc. Maybe later today or tomorrow.

Yeah, I got a very slightly darker line on another IC. Strangely, the Answer Early was negative. Now that it's dry there does look like there could be just the faintest hint of a line but it looks gray. When I take it apart I see nothing. Since I've gotten BFPs twice in the past on Answer Earlys with only 12 mIU hCG, that has really got me wondering. How is it possible that I could get a BFP on a digi at night and not get a BFP on an Answer Early with FMU? I almost dipped another digi but I was afraid.

I'm really upset right now. I called the doc's office like he said to do and was told they can't get me in until tomorrow morning. I know one day probably won't make a big difference but it's very frustrating. It makes me feel like no one really takes this seriously. I cried as soon as I hung up the phone. On top of that, I may not be able to go tomorrow. I lucked out that ds1 has the day off today. I don't know if he works tomorrow or not. They do not allow children even in the front door of their clinic because of the swine flu and pregnant women. :rolleyes

I made an appointment for tomorrow at 10:30 in the hopes that either ds1 will have another day off or my neighbor can babysit the boys. I've asked her in the past if she could watch them while I go to the doctor and she always says of course but backs out at the last minute. The receptionist said she's pass a note to the doc's nurse and have her call me in case they want me to do something different.

I also called the other doctor I was seeing before. He's not as busy so would probably have an opening today. The lady on the phone said they usually don't see pgs until 6 weeks because a scan before then would be inconclusive. I told her I don't want a scan, just a quant beta and progesterone level. I got the same response. She'd talk to the doc as soon as she could and call me back. I guess my next option is to call the MW I saw when I was pg in July. She's a CNM so she can write lab orders.

Now I'm not so patiently waiting for someone to call me back. My nerves are shot. My stomach is a complete butterflies.

Katrina ~ Good for you for temping. Both my boys actually slept the entire night in their beds Friday night. I was so shocked to wake up with just my dh in the bed. :lol

Do you have anything near you like a Prompt Care? We have those in my area where you can go to see a doctor but you don't need an appointment. They are just like regular family doctors so they can order any labs you would need. They should be able to do a quant beta and prog level. Or is there something like that on base for families to use? My understanding is that a general practice doc can order any labs.

#200 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Shannon ~ I thought about the NH but I don't have a doc there since I'm Standard. I wouldn't even know who to call.

Annie ~ We do have same day, urgent care places. That's actually where I go for everything since I don't usually do routine doctor visits. I don't know if they would order a quant beta without knowing my history.

I'm ok now, though. The old doc in Wilmington said I could come in today for those labs. Whew! He's really great about seeing me and running tests but not very good at giving me scripts and such. He's the doc I saw when I was pg in May 2009. He told me my progesterone was fine at 14.2 and wouldn't give me a script for suppositories. At least I've got the suppositories from the other doc. This is crazy. You are so right, Shannon. Why can't I get the help/care I need from one doc? It's so frustrating.

OK, I'm off.

#201 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 07:27 AM

Yay!  I'm glad someone will see you, MW!  Good luck!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#202 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 07:47 AM

thanks for the welcome!

iam just trying to go on and not think about it yet. lol. i havent even gotten my frist ppaf. it feels like it is gearing up right now though. i have been MOOOODY! all over the place and incredibly emotional. that and the smell. my deodorant isnt working and i have digestive issues. last time that happened DD1 was 18 mo old. i got my period 2 weeks later.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#203 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 08:16 AM

Thinking of you MW!!

I just wanted to let you guys know I'm pretty sure Nora is done nursing.  I didn't push weaning too hard, just changed the bedtime routine.  It's been 3 days since she nursed last.  I'm really happy with this as I was ready, and I'm just glad it's going smoothly. smile.gif  So, if this sticks, she nursed for 2 years, 1 month, and 10 or so days! 

I put an ovulation app on my phone so I have an idea of my fertile days, and it's helping me not log into FF and see all these triggering things.  I'm not quite sure why it's all of a sudden hitting me so hard, but it is.  So, a break is just what I need to do!  

#204 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 09:48 AM

Babycakes:  A new routine sounds like a good idea!! I haven't been logging on (or temping) either. But I think I'm going to get a piece of paper to put on my nightstand to record the temps and try not to open FF as much as possible either. I'm really just focusing on drinking water, drinking green tea, and downing my EPO, since I feel the CF might be a reason we haven't had any luck yet.

MW: FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU! I'm glad you were able to get in today. How stressful that must be. Sending sticky vibes your way.

I'm too early days for there to be anything interesting. DH and I haven't dtd since AF, and I'm starting to get antsy, but I have an annoying week where I don't get home before 1:30am, and then once I do, all I want to do is check my email and then sleep. It's a mess.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#205 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I lived in Edison until 2001! I don't live in NJ anymore though. I was just curious!

MW- It's going to be okay. Think positively. We're all doing that for you! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#206 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I am trying very hard to think positively. I'm supposed to call tomorrow around 10 am to get the results. I have an appointment at the other doc's office at 10:30. I wonder if my insurance will cover all of this. :lol

Shannon ~ Thanks for the offer. I hope N is feeling better soon and whatever it is doesn't get passed around.

#207 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 AM

I grew up in Edison!!  Ha, small world!! 

Oh - and Nora's fine, not sick at all! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I lived in Edison until 2001! I don't live in NJ anymore though. I was just curious!

MW- It's going to be okay. Think positively. We're all doing that for you! 

#208 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Here are pics of all my hpts from yesterday and today (except the digi). The first pic is the group. The 2nd is just the AE a little more close up. As you can see, there is absolutely no line on the AE

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/ryeth/Tests/November2010hpts8-9dpo001.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/ryeth/Tests/November2010hpts8-9dpo003.jpg

Ok, well, hmm. After posting this, I checked the links to make sure they worked and it does look like there is a line on the AE if I tilt my screen to just the right angle. I swear I canNOT see it IRL. How weird is that? I've had it the opposite, see a line in IRL but can't see it in a pic or on the computer screen but never this way.

Carrie ~ I meant someone else. Not your Nora. winky.gif But I'm glad she's feeling well.

#209 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 12:14 PM

LOL I'm sorry!

Anyways, I totally see a line on that AE.  I see lines on just about all of those!  My fingers and toes are so crossed for you, lady. Love and hugs!

#210 of 429 Old 11-15-2010, 12:16 PM

MW: I see a line on the AE and that's a very nice line on the DT test!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page