November Whatever Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-18-2010, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i havent had a real AF in more than 4 years. after DD1 i was on the mini pill and only had a 3 day light pain free period. i think i am getting ready to start my first real PP AF today. i have been cramping since last night. cf is creamy, tearing up at the drop of a hat, have a headache. i just want it to start already and am hoping it is not as bad as they used to be when i was younger. if they are, i will be sitting around all day with a heating pad on my abdomen. ugh. i am even a little nauseas. i am a little excited and at the same time... not. lol.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

So I logged into FF just to see what day I'm on, and lol, I just got 30 free vip days!! lol!!

That's how they hook you back in! 

AFM- I'm waiting on O...any day now. DH is stalking me several times a day which makes me stalk my chart trying to figure out timing, OPK results, temps, CM etc! This is exactly what I didn't want to do but here we are! 

OPK question---anyone know......with the green early-pregnancy-tests.com tests, do I need to hold my urine? The instructions don't say anything except to test at the same time each day sometime between 10am & 8pm. I usually ovulate on day 11 or 12. I'm at day 9 now and it's very negative (as in very faint test line). It's not any darker than yesterdays...it might even been fainter! 

wait...scratch that! It actually is darker than yesterdays. It definitely took longer than 3-5 minutes to show itself. Oh well...at least I know O is close!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 11-18-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ Of course! Isn't that how it always works? :lol:

Kinder ~ I don't know specifically about ept.com opks but mine, which are very similar, recommend that you hold your urine for at least 2 hours. I have found that it is more important to limit fluids than hold urine. I can't hold my urine for more than 2 hours but I can limit my fluids. Then if I go again at 4 hours I get very concentrated urine. Hope that makes sense.

So, I finally got my 2nd beta back after deciding to go back to the doc I saw Monday. I was almost there when the nurse called. At first she didn't tell me the #. Just said it was positive but a little low but that was ok because it's still early. She did eventually give me the #, 37.81! So at 9dpo my beta was only 10.65 and at 10dpo it was 37.81. I hope that's a good thing, more than tripled in one day. I think I've read something bad (other than multiples) about betas rising too quickly. Off to google that. They didn't think it was necessary for me to get another one. I got one at the 1st doc's office today, though. I'll get the results of that tomorrow. I've figured out that I should have enough progesterone to get me through the first trimester. Plus, I took my recommendation for progesterone from the MFM doc I saw when I miscarried in August to the doc today. The nurse then asked me if I had some and I told her I had a little left over from when I saw the MFM. I didn't tell them about the new scripts. Anyway, I think the doc will give me progesterone now so I don't need to worry about running out. Now that that is taken care of, I think I will continue to see this doc rather than the arrogant one who doesn't want to tell me what my labs are or do anything but tell me to relax.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 11-18-2010, 01:18 PM

MW that's a great number!! Woo hoo stick, baby, stick!! banana.gif

I just did an opk for shits and giggles and it was there but just barely.  So I still have time.  I haven't had any desire to dtd lately, I've been kinda annoyed at DH.  I'll see how I feel when I'm closer to O, lol.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 11-18-2010, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Haha, Carrie. I can be so annoyed with dh at other times in my cycle that I think there's no way we'll ever dtd because he's just driving me crazy. Then O time comes and suddenly none of that matters. It's not that I ignore it or am able to put it aside for the sake of BD. It's that my desire to dtd overrides anything else I may be feeling.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:53 PM

why have i not started AF yet?!?! the cramping is ridiculous. i just wanna get it over with. :(

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:28 PM

Lioness, I had mad cramping midcycle this last one.  hope it starts soon for you! sam for Luvmygirls. waitin on AF sucks big time.

MW: I think your numbers are great! sending more sticky vibes!

found out another of my IRL friends is pregnant today (one is 9 weeks, this other is probably 5-6 weeks) makes me really want to join in! I am usually up for DTD anytime really, but I think since baby I need to be actually in the mood, which is something that didn't used to be an issue (meaning I pretty much always was I think) . . . need to work on that I think.

Carrie, and whoever else is waiting to O - GL!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 11-19-2010, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

Katrina ~ With such a young baby, it's not unusual to not be in the mood much. I can't remember if I mentioned the study I heard about debunking the myth of the 7 year itch in marriages. Anyway, an anthropologist said it's actually more like a 4 year itch and is related to procreation. Women's bodies are biologically programmed to have children every 4 years. To increase genetic diversity women instinctively look for a different mate than the one they had for their last child. What that tells me is that women's bodies are probably also programmed to not want sex much when they have young children. Other reasons for that are to ensure the health and survival of the child that already exists, especially when nursing. So, my point is that not having much interest in dtd when you have a baby or even a toddler/young child does not mean there is anything wrong with you.

Waking up at 5:30 makes for a looooooooooong day. I have a guy coming out today to measure my kitchen to get an estimate on having a new floor installed. I guess I should clean at least a little.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

How cool is this? I've seen dogs nursing kittens before but wait til you get toward the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rodq5oGsnoI&feature=player_embedded

I tried to insert the video but it didn't work. I think there must be some incompatibility between my browser security, Firefox, and posting images on here.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:30 AM

OMG!  That clip was amazing!  No spoilers but I agree with you - that was a bit jaw dropping!

So, yesterday DH gave me time to go run on the treadmill, totally watched Nora for me w/o any issues, and then let me shower while he made dinner.  He MADE me dinner - rather than being like "it's in the kitchen go get your plate".  Then he gave Nora a bath (which he usually does, but for some reason this time he did it all on his own w/o prompting).  Nora went to bed super easy - only 5 or 6 Twinkle Twinkles and one ABC's -- then we watched BSG and damn.  That was that.  Hello libido, where have you been?  And just like that all the minor annoying things are gone.  Funny how that happens!  :wink

I'm just going to type the codes for the smilies until I get used to them being all scrambled up.  LOL.

Oh - and I ran 4 miles on the treadmill last night, not straight thru (I had to walk for about 2/10ths of a mile after the 3.1 mile mark) but in good time.  Took me 42 minutes!!  Not bad!!

DH and I were up late talking (after our romp) and talked a lot about having another baby and stuff.  It was so sweet to just talk.  To be held and loved, and just remember why we're doing all of this, why we're growing our family, and why we are together.  It's just all about being in love. LOL ok I'll stop being sappy now.  I have to get to work.

MW - are you going to get any more betas?  Did you?  Can you share your numbers?

JJ - How's it going?

Anyone else I missed - hang in there!! 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 11-19-2010, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ I definitely feel a lot more attracted to my dh when he does things for me, especially when it involves taking care of the kids. One sure fire way to turn me off completely is to do or say something negative wrt the kids, even my 19yo. He's still my baby, too.

I had another beta yesterday with the doc who ran my beta on Monday. He wanted me to come in for another since the first was low. I should get that result today as soon as I call. If it's good, I don't think I'll have anymore. I'll keep testing at home every day to make sure my lines are still getting darker. So far, so good. I can't figure out when to stop testing, though. I've read that there's some point at which hCG gets too high for the hpts and the lines get lighter just because the hpts get overwhelmed. I tested with ds3 as late as 27dpo and at a little past 8w when I was pg in May 2009. Those tests both looked good, which is not a guarantee that everything is good since the May baby was most likely already dead by then, but it makes me feel a little better in the moment.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

FF Chart

Hey, look! I got my chart image posted. I had to click on the Source button at the top left of the Reply box, then click clear at the bottom, then post the image.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:08 AM

Woo! Look at all those green lines! :) How are you feeling?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 11-19-2010, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, hehe, Emotionally, I'm feeling like I'm in the middle of a continuous anxiety attack. I can't breathe. I can't concentrate on anything. I can't sit still. I can't stop testing. :lol Physically, I feel fine except for the butterflies in my stomach.

I got my 3rd beta, 97.94 at 12dpo. The nurse said, "Well, it's better," like it wasn't great. They think I was 4w5d when that was done rather than only 12dpo. Hehe I think that's a pretty good darn number for 12dpo, still doubling faster than average. I can go back to them at 6w for an u/s plus they called in a script for a higher dose of progesterone so I'm sticking with them. Yay! I don't have to go back to that awful doc at that other awful place.

The nurse was so sweet. I told her that, hopefully, I won't have to call them or come back until I'm 6w. She said she agreed but they are there for me if I need them. The nurse at the other place just told me to relax. :P on her.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:07 AM

MW: That's awesome that the first doc is working out so well. And your numbers do look great!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 11-19-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Oh, hehe, Emotionally, I'm feeling like I'm in the middle of a continuous anxiety attack. I can't breathe. I can't concentrate on anything. I can't sit still. I can't stop testing. :lol Physically, I feel fine except for the butterflies in my stomach.

I got my 3rd beta, 97.94 at 12dpo. The nurse said, "Well, it's better," like it wasn't great. They think I was 4w5d when that was done rather than only 12dpo. Hehe I think that's a pretty good darn number for 12dpo, still doubling faster than average. I can go back to them at 6w for an u/s plus they called in a script for a higher dose of progesterone so I'm sticking with them. Yay! I don't have to go back to that awful doc at that other awful place.

The nurse was so sweet. I told her that, hopefully, I won't have to call them or come back until I'm 6w. She said she agreed but they are there for me if I need them. The nurse at the other place just told me to relax. :P on her.

I can only imagine the emotional rollercoaster you are experiencing right now. I'm thrilled that you're able to stay with the nicer OB and nurses though, that must be a huge relief for you. :hug

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 11-19-2010, 11:39 AM

MW- did you tell DH or is there no contact for a while? What were your beta numbers in the past when you did have a mc? I'm almost anxious for you too! Try some Bach Rescue Remedy to calm your nerves :hug

AFM- positive OPK today! DH is literally coming home (he's on a 24 hour shift) for some bd'ing. How funny is that! He wants this more than I do---if he could chart for himself, I bet he would!  rolleyes.gif

eta: That video was awesome!  I shared it on FB!

Old 11-19-2010, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

No contact with my dh yet. He may be able to call in about a week. I don't know if I'll tell him over the phone, though. I'm still not sure what to do about that. I'm leaning more toward waiting until he gets home and I can tell him face to face.

I didn't get betas with any of my m/cs until after I had already started m/cing. My betas were 58 at 23dpo and 12 two days later with my August m/c. I don't know what they were before then but it must have been quite a bit higher because my hpts were a lot darker. When I m/ced in December 2005, my betas at 14 and 16dpo were 11 and 10, respectively, again taken after I had already started to m/c. My hpts from that pg never got dark, though.

My first step it to make it to 6w. Then I can get an u/s and, hopefully, see a heartbeat. After that I'll have to make it to 11w. I probably won't get another u/s but might be able to hear the heartbeat on doppler. Then at least I'll be past the point of my latest m/c.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:

I didn't get betas with any of my m/cs until after I had already started m/cing. My betas were 58 at 23dpo and 12 two days later with my August m/c. I don't know what they were before then but it must have been quite a bit higher because my hpts were a lot darker. When I m/ced in December 2005, my betas at 14 and 16dpo were 11 and 10, respectively, again taken after I had already started to m/c. My hpts from that pg never got dark, though.

Wow!!! Then your numbers this time around are super promising!!!jammin.gif

Old 11-20-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:

No contact with my dh yet. He may be able to call in about a week. I don't know if I'll tell him over the phone, though. I'm still not sure what to do about that. I'm leaning more toward waiting until he gets home and I can tell him face to face.

My first step it to make it to 6w. Then I can get an u/s and, hopefully, see a heartbeat. After that I'll have to make it to 11w. I probably won't get another u/s but might be able to hear the heartbeat on doppler. Then at least I'll be past the point of my latest m/c.

I agree, the numbers this time are so incredibly promising!  fingersx.gif

I've been keeping you in my thoughts every day and have been sending sticky vibes to your little bean.  I truly, truly hope this is it for you!!  

Kinder - Yay for a + opk and good timed bd'ing!!  I hope you guys catch the egg!

The app on my phone says I'll O in 3 days.  So we'll see.  I did do an opk yesterday and it was negative, but had a pretty dark line.  I usually O two days after my first positive opk.  It seems strange now that I won't have temps to confirm it, but if I shake my head a little I can ignore that and remember that I'm trying to chill.  And that dtd any time during the fertile window can result in a pg.  I don't have to bd every single night for a week, damnit!! lol.gif

Off to check some charts.

Oh - MW - that is a BEAUTIFUL chart!! 

Old 11-20-2010, 09:22 AM

MW - everything looks fantastic for you! I think once you get past these first hurdles, the pregnancy will fly!

Carrie and KInder, yay for O, or at least O soon! get BD'ing!

I forgot to temp this morning . . . but that's ok. I  will get back on the horse tomorrow. CF is leaning towards watery, but my baseline seems to be creamy. according to FF I have another 2 weeks until I O.

Baby boy is ONE today! can't believe it! I am so lucky to have him, and he has been such a joy. On one hand, it is like I have such a great kid, why mess with perfect? but on the other hand, how can you not want more of that? I told DH I wish I could give him a big brother or sister, he so loves to follow around the big kids! but unless we adopt, that is just not possible!

hope everyone has a great weekend with lots of action! we need to work on that . . .

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 11-20-2010, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Haha, Carrie. I adjusted one temp that was taken an hour and a half earlier so that it would look triphasic.

Katrina ~ I had to get up early this morning for Tae Kwon Do testing so I forgot to temp. Aargh! No biggie, though. I probably should stop temping anyway. I can't decide whether to stop now or continue until I get to 19dpo just because that's when the temps make it official.

So...an 18yo girl that I know stopped by yesterday to tell me she is 6 months pg. She had some questions about pg stuff. Her boyfriend is a complete loser. I've been debating whether or not to talk to her about him. She works and goes to community college while he has sketchy jobs and always gets fired. She said she'll have to continue working because she pays the rent and can't rely on her BF. If she's already going to have to take care of herself and a baby, she doesn't need a bum of a guy to take care of, too.

I sent her home with a bunch of pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and parenting books. I wonder if it will make a difference with someone so young. That sort of thing made a difference for me but I had the support of my family. Her family is horrible. I don't think she even knows who her father is. She's had something like 5 or 7 stepfathers, most of whom were abusive. Her mother is an alcoholic and probably a drug addict. Her grandmother is a religious nut who tells them all they are horrible sinners and are going to hell every day. They are all just nuts. I told my son that if she ditches the BF and needs somewhere to stay, she can live with us and just go to school. She wouldn't have to worry about working as long as she gets welfare/child support and food stamps. She gets extra money from her school grants. Anyway, I'm rambling now.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Katrina ~ I just realizes I didn't say happy birthday to your little boy! 1 year old, very exciting!

I've been sitting here for probably a half hour staring at the November Pregnant after Loss thread. I want to join and think I should but I just can't. I'm scared. I keep checking my hpts and trying to compare the lines to tests from my other pgs. At first I thought I had hit a milestone because my test today was definitely darker than yesterdays and I thought that didn't happen in August. I was wrong, though. I didn't note my tests not getting darker until 19dpo. I don't know how to relax, like that one nurse said. I can't do it. I keep trying to keep my thoughts positive and not dwell on the bad stuff that could happen. That stuff keeps popping back into my head, though. All I want to do is go to sleep, not because I'm tired but because at least I'll get a reprieve from the anxiety.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:59 AM

Oh, MW.  Huge hugs!!  I can't even begin to imagine how stressful this must be for you.  Just try to stay positive.  You are pregnant and this little soul really wants to join your family.  Have faith that it can and will.  I don't know if that helps you or makes it harder -- but I just feel like you've got this.  Its going to happen this time.  I feel it.  sticky.gif

AFM - Positive opk today!!  Woo hoo!! I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture.  I tried, lol, but a link will have to do.  Haha.  Anyway, we'll take full advantage tonight.  We skipped last night b/c I was so tired and DD is sick.  Oh - she possibly (probably) has a UTI.  How strange!  The dr said if the test comes back positive poor DD will have to have a catheter with dye and u/s.  Ugh, I'm thinking that we'll treat this one and then if it happens again we'll pursue that route.  I just can't imagine putting DD thru something so invasive for one uti.  It's not like she's ever had one before.  

Katrina - Happy belated first birthday to Gabriel!!  How quickly the year went by, right!? 

Old 11-21-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
  I just can't imagine putting DD thru something so invasive for one uti.  It's not like she's ever had one before.  

Try homeopathic Cantharis. Works every time for UTIs where there is a "burning" before and after urination. Give her a few doses of 30C and I bet you won't have to deal with AB or a catheter!

AFM- I still haven't ovulated yet. I had some dark + opks last night and one that is still fairly dark this morning....I'll probably O today! Funny thing today....at church we sat in a different area and when I looked down in the pew in front of us, the baby name I've been dreaming about for years was there on a golden plaque honoring someone! How weird! I smiled at DH and said it's a "sign"! 

He rolled his eyes of course! 

Old 11-21-2010, 01:04 PM

Thanks kinder. I've never truly gotten into homeopathics.  It's something that does interest me though.  

DD's result was negative but I still have a kiddo who says it hurts when she pees.  I just gave her a sitz bath and added some ACV.  She says she's better but eh, we'll see what happens.  I'll take her back to the dr tmw if she's still hurting.  Luckily she's fine otherwise.  Just strange.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ Thanks. It's nice just to be able to talk about my anxiety. It's hard because there's nothing I can do with it all. I just have to wait and hope and be positive.

What would the catheter and dye be for? I've never had an UTI so I have no idea what is normally done for that.

Yay for the + opks!

katrina ~ That is cool. I'd call it a sign, too.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:56 PM

They want to make sure the infection/urine isn't traveling up into her kidneys.  I've never heard of it being done for adults, but apparently in young girls there can be a defect the valve between the kidneys and the tube that allows urine to flow backwards.  If that's the case surgery is required.  But, again - for ONE uti I just don't see that being the issue.    She's still in a lot of pain so I'm going to take her back in tmw.  Not sure what they'll recommend.  Kinda stressing over it, to be honest.  I feel terrible for DD -- she's refusing to drink and scared to pee.  :-(

Katrina - I'd also totally call that a sign!! If there ever was one, that's it!!

Old 11-21-2010, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

OIC, Carrie. But they said she doesn't have an UTI, anyway, right? What do you supposed it could be? Poor little girl. :(

Old 11-21-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Katrina ~ I just realizes I didn't say happy birthday to your little boy! 1 year old, very exciting!

I've been sitting here for probably a half hour staring at the November Pregnant after Loss thread. I want to join and think I should but I just can't. I'm scared. I keep checking my hpts and trying to compare the lines to tests from my other pgs. At first I thought I had hit a milestone because my test today was definitely darker than yesterdays and I thought that didn't happen in August. I was wrong, though. I didn't note my tests not getting darker until 19dpo. I don't know how to relax, like that one nurse said. I can't do it. I keep trying to keep my thoughts positive and not dwell on the bad stuff that could happen. That stuff keeps popping back into my head, though. All I want to do is go to sleep, not because I'm tired but because at least I'll get a reprieve from the anxiety.

I know what you mean MW. I'm trying to get involved in the July DDC group but mostly I'm just staying in the PAL thread. I had to go to the ER on Thursday night because I had bright red bleeding. They were able to see the baby but no heartbeat yet. I go back on Tuesday for another scan to see if the baby is developing. I'm terrified right now. I'm still having brown discharge but I haven't had any bright red blood since Thursday night. I'm terrified every time I go to the bathroom.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

User Tag List