Mothering Forum banner

November Whatever Thread

12K views 428 replies 12 participants last post by  Baby_Cakes 
#1 ·
I figured I'd go ahead and start this one. We're not keeping track of anyone or where they are, right?

I'm totally frustrated and stumped. I still haven't had any indication of O. I've gotten what I think might be more + opks yesterday and today. I'm not 100% sure because the test lines are being weird. They are darker than the control lines on the left side but fade out toward the right. I can't tell if the right edge is as dark as or just a tad lighter than the control. The control lines are really light, too.

I think I'm finally getting closer to O. My CF and CP yesterday were creamy and MMM. Today they are watery and HSO. No ewcf yet. We haven't dtd in 4 days. We started to last night but I was feeling too nauseous, because of my prenatal vitamin, I think. We tried again this morning but ds3 woke up and interrupted us.

Here are links to opk pics:

October 31 OPK

October 31 OPK

November 01 OPK

My FF Chart

See less See more
#2 ·
Subbing!

Of course, I say all those OPKs are +. The first one especially looks like a peak. I think you're on the verge, baby!!

I'm wayyy too chill. I don't know what's up w/me but I'm digging this zen feeling and really hoping it continues the rest of this cycle and beyond!

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Of course, I say all those OPKs are +. The first one especially looks like a peak. I think you're on the verge, baby!!

Ugh! That's the problem. How can they all be +? On a good note, I finally got ewcf tonight! Woot!
We haven't dtd in 4 days, I think. Not good. We'll have to tonight but dh is saying it has to be early because he has to get up early for work tomorrow. He better not bail on me.

Quote:

I'm wayyy to chill. I don't know what's up w/me but I'm digging this zen feeling and really hoping it continues the rest of this cycle and beyond!

Aw. That is so cool. As you can see, I am not at all zen this cycle. I was trying to convince myself earlier that it's no biggie if we dtd now but I can't let it go.

#4 ·
How can they all be positive? Well, b/c they CAN BE. That's just how they work sometimes! I get 2 days of + opks; a positive, a peak and then a fade out. You catch the surge on the way up rather than the way down. Esp if you're testing multiple times a day. It's insane and now you see a little more why it messes w/my head!!

Has your pcos ever interfered w/your OPKs? It can lead to many false positive opks if you have high levels of LH. It should only worry you if you have like 3 or 4 (or more) days of + ones, though. 2 is well within the range of normal.

#5 ·
I'm glad I don't do the ovulation predictors. They seem way too confusing.

Babycakes: Chart please? I don't remember.

I'm feeling hopeful. And trying not to talk myself down while I'm waiting. I want to allow myself to be excited. Testing will be this weekend probably. Nothing really evident in the meantime- still tired, still nauseus all the time, but that's easily attributed to possibly coming down with a sickness. Basically it's just a waiting game. But it suckkks not knowing.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Babycakes: Chart please? I don't remember.

I'm feeling hopeful. And trying not to talk myself down while I'm waiting. I want to allow myself to be excited. Testing will be this weekend probably. Nothing really evident in the meantime- still tired, still nauseus all the time, but that's easily attributed to possibly coming down with a sickness. Basically it's just a waiting game. But it suckkks not knowing.
Of course! I'm not temping anymore, but just for reference...

My chart.

Your symptoms sound so promising! Be excited! It sure does suckkkk to wait. I'm not looking forward to being 8,9,10 dpo. But for right now, I'm finding plenty to take my mind off things and just live in the moment. Enjoy today and all I have. That sort of thing. Doing lots w/DD and realizing how much of a little "baby" she still is kind of puts things in perspective for me. Like...if it does take til we completely wean, it won't be the worst thing in the world. If she would STTN (or at least most of the night) it would be awesome.
It's not that I want to wait for another baby, but I guess if it does take long(er) it will only make it easier on all of us (nora included). Maybe it's just my rational mind taking over for a bit b/c my emotional mind is completely exhausted?

#7 ·
MW: I would go with what you know to be true, the CF and CP don't lie (not that OPK's do, but there is more room for error I think) - GL with the BD'ing!

JJ: not knowing does suck. but you know, eventually you WILL know. Maybe we will absorb some of Carrie's Zen by osmosis!

Carrie: yay for Zen!

AFM: all of us are sick with a cold. Good news: Baby STTN which is great as I really needed some sleep. CD 6 for me, still spotting, hopefully will be done soon. AF and sick is a bad combo.

#8 ·
Good morning ladies! Thanks for starting the new thread MW!

I'm feeling super zen about this cycle as well. I was looking ahead on the calendar yesterday and the thought occurred to me that I would be totally o.k. if I didn't get pg for the next couple of cycles. That way I could avoid being newly pg through the holidays. But if I do get pg this cycle, of course I would be o.k. with that as well! I'll just have to negotiate Thanksgiving Day very carefully since I would be right around 6-7 weeks which is when my all-day sickness kicked in last time.

The most tricky thing I think would be hiding it from my sister and mom. They've already started asking me if I'm pg again and I can honestly say right now, "No!". But if they notice that I don't feel well Thanksgiving Day, I think they will ask and I'm just not sure when I will feel comfortable announcing this time since it will be a PAL.

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436 Oh and I went ahead and let the temp for CD 15 count again so FF moved my O day to CD 15. Originally I had it discarded because I woke up freezing that morning because my DH turned on the AC in the middle of the night. I think O on CD 13 is more probable but I'm o.k. either way. I'm going to start testing on Thursday morning so I will be either 10 DPO or 8 DPO.

#10 ·
Quote:

How can they all be positive? Well, b/c they CAN BE. That's just how they work sometimes! I get 2 days of + opks; a positive, a peak and then a fade out.
Yeah, 2 days of + opks doesn't concern me. What's confusing me is getting + opks on cd11, then negatives for 3 days, and then possible positives again on cds 15 and 16. I've never gotten false + opks before. The ones from cd11 were most definitely +, no question. The ones from cds 15 and 16 are questionable. The pics don't show the whole thing. You can't see how the lines fade out.

I've been wondering if it could be elevated LH from the PCOS. I don't know because I haven't had any of that tested lately. That wasn't a problem before. I was thinking about getting some cd3 tests done this cycle but just never got around to it. This morning's opks were negative but I messed up. I forgot about taking them until after I had gone once and drank some coffee so it was diluted.

katrina ~ I agree. I put more weight on my CF, CP and temps rather than on opks, especially since I'm not sure the ones from yesterday were +. I've been thinking I won't get any more once these run out. I only got them when I was trying to time BD for a girl. I needed the opks to know when to stop BD. I got a ton because I was used to having to use them for weeks before getting a +. Now I'm just using them up.

Good luck to all of you post O now. Looks like all of you have really good timing. We finally dtd again last night. My temp was still low this am so I haven't Oed yet. Whew!

Annie ~ I think O day could go either way. It does look like your peak day was most likely cd13. Although, TCOYF confuses me a little about that. It puts the peak day on the last creamy day if you get creamy after ew without a clear and sustained thermal shift. Then, again, your temps could be showing a fallback rise.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Good luck to all of you post O now. Looks like all of you have really good timing. We finally dtd again last night. My temp was still low this am so I haven't Oed yet. Whew!

Annie ~ I think O day could go either way. It does look like your peak day was most likely cd13. Although, TCOYF confuses me a little about that. It puts the peak day on the last creamy day if you get creamy after ew without a clear and sustained thermal shift. Then, again, your temps could be showing a fallback rise.
So glad you guys got some BD in last night! And still low temps this morning! Yay! I know you are ready to O but at least you were able to DTD again before you O.

Based on how I felt and the change in my CF, my money is on CD 13 but I could be wrong. I had COPIOUS amounts of CF on CD 13 and then not really anything the next two days. I labeled it as creamy because there was something there on the TP when I would go the bathroom. It was kind of shiny but it definitely was not EWCF.
So I guess we'll know for sure if I get a BFP and when it happens.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
So glad you guys got some BD in last night! And still low temps this morning! Yay! I know you are ready to O but at least you were able to DTD again before you O.
Thanks. Yeah, there's part of me that is ready to O because now I've started to expect the earlier Os and I'm past that time. OTOH, I've felt much more stressed about dtd with an earlier O. It's like, I have to hurry up and dtd as much and as soon as possible. When O was later I could sort of take my time.

Quote:

I guess we'll know for sure if I get a BFP and when it happens.
Yep

#13 ·
Quote:

This morning's opks were negative but I messed up. I forgot about taking them until after I had gone once and drank some coffee so it was diluted.
FMU isn't recommended for OPKs. LH is highest in the morning and can skew results either way. It's better to do them in the mid to late afternoon (but I have a feeling you know all this...).

There are a bunch of us in the 2ww now! Hooray for cycle buddies!

#14 ·
It's too early for me to have symptoms right? Tell me it's too early and I'm just insane.

I want spicy anything like it's going out of style. That's all I wanted to eat in early pg last time. I walked in to the breakroom at my office and one of my coworkers had a bottle of spicy brown mustard sitting on the table. My first instinct was to just pick it up and squirt it in my mouth.

#15 ·
LOL!! It's funny because it being technically too early, doesn't seem to stop us from counting them anyways. It still seems like a good enough reason to be getting excited. And I mean technically once it implants, it's releasing HCG, so in theory, it is making a difference in your body already, right?

I'm doing the same thing with my 'symptoms'. They seem exciting, but then I try to talk myself down, and be like 'silly girl, you KNOW it's too early for symptoms'. But... still paying attention to them, and still getting excited. lol

#16 ·
Quote:

FMU isn't recommended for OPKs. LH is highest in the morning and can skew results either way. It's better to do them in the mid to late afternoon (but I have a feeling you know all this...).
What I've read is the opposite, sort of. Yes, most opks say to test later in the day, between 10 am and 2 pm. The reason for that, though, is because LH peaks later in the day, not in the morning. If you use only FMU, you could potentially miss your surge. The directions for the pink OPKs I have say to use FMU. The green (IC) ones are supposed to be used in the middle of the day. So, I've been doing both, using the pink ones with FMU and the green ones later in the day.

That being said, I have always used FMU with opks in the past because I can't get concentrated enough urine later in the day and have never had a problem. I never had a problem. One cycle I even tried testing twice a day like I have been this time and I didn't detect my surge any sooner.

#17 ·
Because I have to be very specific and make sure I have the correct info, I did some more reading on the LH surge. What I read from every website that I checked is that FMU is not recommended for use with OPKs because LH is synthesized in the body in the morning so it isn't in the urine until later in the day. Testing with FMU could miss the LH surge. It is recommended to test between 10 am and 8 pm. Some sites say the best time is 10 am. Some say 2 pm. All said it is important to test at the same time every day. I did not know that. I probably tested within the same hour so I don't know how that might affect the results.

I did read that one of the things that can cause false + opks is menopause. I hope that's not me.

#18 ·
Quote:

Testing with FMU could miss the LH surge. It is recommended to test between 10 am and 8 pm. Some sites say the best time is 10 am. Some say 2 pm. All said it is important to test at the same time every day. I did not know that. I probably tested within the same hour so I don't know how that might affect the results.

I did read that one of the things that can cause false + opks is menopause. I hope that's not me.
I don't think it is. I honestly think you had a gear up and then the O putzed out. It happens. That's why they say to start testing again if don't have any other O signs after a + opk.

AFM - I think it's helping me this cycle that I'm assuming I'm not pg. I have it in my heart that it won't happen until Nora weans. So, I think for some reason i'm just not able to get my hopes up. At least, not yet, not this early in the 2ww. Maybe I'll get more antsy as the days go on, we'll see.

#19 ·
Quote:

I honestly think you had a gear up and then the O putzed out. It happens. That's why they say to start testing again if don't have any other O signs after a + opk.
That used to happen to me a lot. I wouldn't get + opks, though. I'd get the other signs of O; EWCF and a HSO CP, in the 2nd week of my cycle but then no thermal shift. My CF would start to dry up but then get wet again. That would happen 2-3 times until I would finally get a + opk and then I'd O. I really don't know what is up with those way earlier positives. That's why I didn't believe them fully from the beginning and kept testing.

Eh, whatever. I'll O when I O. Can't do anything about it. At least now I'm getting other fertile signs. Hopefully, that means O will be soon.

Sometimes it's easier to assume you aren't pg. That way it doesn't seem like it's as much of a let down if that ends up being true. I play those mind games with myself. If I get BD in near O, at first I'll be convinced I'm pg. About halfway through my lp I decide I'm not. I think that helps me get through those few days when I'm so close to being able to know but not quite there yet.

#20 ·
I think I'll still be sad for a bit but it won't be such a huge shock. So far, every time i've not been pg, Ive been floored. So. Yeah. If I assume it won't happen till I'm not nursing, then that's that. I have no control over it.

Eh, I'm still hopeful though. I can't shake that.

I'm insanely emotional today. Just hormones either way, but srsly two things have had me in tears. Rachel Coleman's song In A House (??) and Toy Story 3. Bawling. Ugh.

#21 ·
Speaking of emotional, I was driving the other day, and a Taylor Swift song came on, and I started absolutely BAWLING my eyes out in the car. It was so embarassing I ended up laughing at myself.

CD9 today, after I wake up. I'm starting to get to the point where I'm having to tell myself to keep waiting to test. I'm trying to figure out when the best time is, based on what days DH and I have off.

#22 ·
JJ: do you mean 9 DPO? I am a pansy, and wait until at least 12 DPO.

Toy Story 3 was so sweet! We saw it in 3D (b/c that was the timeslot we wanted) and the 3D isn't worth it, IMHO.

MW: yay for better O signs! fx it is soon

AFM: I think AF has finally left the house, and I will begin temping tomorrow. I wonder how this cold I have will affect my temps, if at all? I am breathing through my mouth more . . .

#23 ·
I think I'm emotional like that all the time. I hate it. My kids were watching the new Karate Kid the other day and I had to leave the room because I kept getting choked up. I was reading about a charity project to knit hats and scarves for wounded warriors and could barely tell my dh about it because I thought I was going to cry. I had tears in my eyes that I had to wipe away.

I'm at cd18 and still waiting to O.
I'm trying not to get too anxious and frustrated but I don't think it's working very well. Just when I had started to think that maybe my cycles were getting normal. I knew I shouldn't get used to the early Os.

I'm hoping O was yesterday. My temp was up slightly today but it's questionable. I woke up early, at around 5:30, so I took my temp just in case. It was 97.3. I think I fell back to sleep for at least a little bit and woke again at 6:53, closer to my usual time of 7:00 to 7:30. Took my temp again and it was 97.7. In my FF chart, that's up slightly from my other temps. It could indicate O or not. In my Ovusoft chart, with the adjusted temps, it means nothing.

Sending everyone

#24 ·
I'm starting to get anxious too JJ! I'm either 7 or 9 DPO and I'm going to start testing tomorrow. Under normal circumstances I would wait until AF was late but since my progesterone was low last time I was pg I want to find out ASAP so that I can get my levels checked and take appropriate steps.

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

#25 ·
Quote:

I think I'm emotional like that all the time. I hate it. My kids were watching the new Karate Kid the other day and I had to leave the room because I kept getting choked up. I was reading about a charity project to knit hats and scarves for wounded warriors and could barely tell my dh about it because I thought I was going to cry. I had tears in my eyes that I had to wipe away.

I'm at cd18 and still waiting to O.
I'm trying not to get too anxious and frustrated but I don't think it's working very well. Just when I had started to think that maybe my cycles were getting normal. I knew I shouldn't get used to the early Os.

I'm hoping O was yesterday. My temp was up slightly today but it's questionable. I woke up early, at around 5:30, so I took my temp just in case. It was 97.3. I think I fell back to sleep for at least a little bit and woke again at 6:53, closer to my usual time of 7:00 to 7:30. Took my temp again and it was 97.7. In my FF chart, that's up slightly from my other temps. It could indicate O or not. In my Ovusoft chart, with the adjusted temps, it means nothing.

Sending everyone
Fingers crossed that you get a temp rise soon! DH is still around right if you need to keep DTD?

#26 ·
Quote:

Fingers crossed that you get a temp rise soon! DH is still around right if you need to keep DTD?
Thanks. He's here until sometime between the 12th and 15th. I sure hope I O before then. The delayed O on this cycle has now messed up all my future cycles. According to FF predictions now, I won't O again when dh is home until January.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.