oh dear, I think I might be pg - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I have been trying to figure out what is going on with my fertility since DD was born 4 mths ago. No return of AF yet and no signs of O.
Therefore we have not been using protection.
This morning I awoke to intense back cramps and then what felt like implantation.
I know anything is possible, but pregnant when EBF dd nurses on demand?
Like every hour or so?
I would be shocked, overwhelmed, etc.

Learning to be a one income family. Learning to be a mama. Living with lots of heartbeat.gif

#2 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 09:32 PM

Do you co-sleep? If so, you might have back cramps/aches from being restricted with your movements while nursing (I get those).

Best wishes, either way...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#3 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
FWIW, I have had random back cramps, etc on and off randomly for the past, oh, 5 1/2 months (I'm 7 months post-partum).... I keep expecting AF any day now So, while it's possible that you're pregnant, some people's bodies just do a lot of gearing up before the fact. My cycle came back when DD was 3 months old and when Ds1 was 6 months (and I was tandem nursing the two of them). Seven months is a bit of a shocker for me!

That said, I'd recommend testing in a couple weeks... just to be sure.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#4 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 11:20 PM

I don't think back cramps mean you must be pregnant. Even hard core pregnancy symptoms can be chalked up to so many other things. That being said, not everyone is lucky to be safe with EBF up to 6 months. Have you seen any other signs of fertility returning like increased sex drive, fertile CM? I would take a test for piece of mind in a week or so (in case the cramps were implantation). And then if another baby is not what you want to see in your cards I suggest exploring yoru birth control options. Good luck!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#5 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 11:28 PM

Are you sure there were no signs of O? when I became pregnant I had one day of EWCM, it was barely noticeable and I actually wrote it off as sperm. No other signs.

Its possible, but I didn't O until 7 months and EBF supposedly works for 6. Some women it doesn't really work for. There is a thread in Breastfeeding about just this.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#6 of 9 Old 11-24-2010, 05:08 AM

While it is possible, I think it's pretty unlikely (from what you describe).   There are a multitude of things that could cause back cramps besides pregnancy.  And LAM is like 98% effective up until 6 months.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#7 of 9 Old 11-28-2010, 05:58 PM

Of course it's possible. smile.gif Based solely on your 'symptoms' though I wouldn't be sweating bullets. I'd test just to make sure.

I cosleep, EBF around the clock, etc and my cycles return at 6 weeks postpartum every time. shrug.gif

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#8 of 9 Old 11-30-2010, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

not pg, started my cycles. thanks for the responses.

Learning to be a one income family. Learning to be a mama. Living with lots of heartbeat.gif

#9 of 9 Old 11-30-2010, 12:18 PM

thumb.gif

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page