Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness - December - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 97 Old 12-01-2010, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

crochetsmilie.gif December 2010 crochetsmilie.gif

Welcome to the December 2010 charting to avoid and fertility awareness thread. We are all at different stages in family planning and our own fertility. Some of us are very ardently Charting to Avoid (CTA); some are CTA but would be thrilled with a BFP; and we even have a few who are "whatevering" or pregnant and continue to hang out here.

If you did not post in November, you may have been deleted from the list. If you have joined recently, please double check I have your chart linked correctly. If you were mistakenly deleted, you would like to be added/removed, or you spot anything you would like me to change, please post or PM me to let me know. Remember, you must post in December if you want to be on the January list!

To those who are new, welcome! 

Who We Are

angelxxrose (CTA 12 months)

Braan flowersforyou.gif

Eresh (currently LAM)

fnpmama 

goinggreengirl (CTA 9+ months) flowersforyou.gif
Guthu 
HulaJenn  (CTA since May 2009)
InMediasRes 

justKate  (CTA since November 2010) 
K-Mom3 
knittinanny 

librarygirl BFPChart2.gif

Maine Mama Doula
miss_honeyb BFPChart2.gif (CTA 23 cycles)

MissE 
Mom2SammyJoe (CTA 7 months)

phathui5 flowersforyou.gif
RaraAvis  (CTA since 2007, except when whatevering)
Smylingeyz 

southernmommie (currently LAM)

theboysmama 
Toolip 
TrishWSU BFPChart2.gif (CTA 25 months)

Xerxella  (CTA 4 months)

Graduates

Pregnant! belly.gif

wholewheatchick (Dec. 2010)
OSUvet (Feb. 2011)
echospiritwarrior (Feb. 2011)
lyterae (Feb. 2011)
dex_millie (Feb. 2011)
annie2186 (April 2011)
katiedidbug (May 2011)
BarefootScientist (June 2011)
Smokering (June 2011)

AnnieA (July 2011)

shells_n_cheese (July 2011)
Baby_Cakes

MovingMomma

No Longer TTA

capretta

jeninejessica 

LionessMom 

Mummoth 

Good luck to those now TTC! 

Summary of FAM Rules
(sympto-thermal) 

Pre-ovulation rules:

1) First 5 Days Rule: You are safe the first 5 days of your menstrual cycle if you had an obvious temp shift 12-16 days before.

2) Dry Day Rule: You are safe to DTD after 6PM if you have been dry all day.

Post ovulation rules:

1) Peak Day Rule: The last day of fertile mucus is called the peak day (the day before your mucus begins to dry up). You are safe to DTD on the fourth consecutive day after the peak day. If another patch of more fertile mucus appears, start your count over.

2) Temperature Shift Rule: You are safe the evening of the third consecutive day your temp is above your coverline. If your temp falls at or below the coverline during the 3 day count, begin your count again.

BOTH rules must be satisfied to be considered in your infertile phase.

How to set a coverline:

When you see a temperature shift of at least 0.2° F above the highest of the previous 6 temps, draw a line 0.1° F above that highest temp.

Resources 

Books

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler
Garden of Fertility by Katie Singer
Honoring Our Cycles (workbook) by Katie Singer
The Art of Natural Family Planning by John and Sheila Kippley
Breastfeeding and Natural Child Spacing by Sheila Kippley
Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition by Marilyn Shannon

Websites

TCOYF (Ovusoft) charting software, and brief fertility library
Fertility Friend charting software, and ttc charting guide
myfertilitycharts.com free software for ttc or tta
Garden of Fertility author Katie Singer's website
Mothering Magazine article by Katie Singer
Billings Ovulation Method info
Billings Ovulation Method Association, USA
Billings Centre, CA
Couple to Couple League (find an NFP instructor)
Creighton Model

Abbreviations

AF: Aunt Flo, menses, your period
BBT: basal body temperature
BC: birth control
BIP: basic infertile pattern
CD: cycle day
CF: cervical fluid (same as CM)
CHs: crosshairs (intersection of coverline and ovulation)
CL: coverline
CM: cervical mucus (same as CF)
CO: cervical opening
CP: cervical position
CTA: charting to avoid
CTW: charting to "whatever" (not avoiding, not preventing)
DPO: days past ovulation
DTD: do the dead (sex)
EWCM: eggwhite cervical mucus/fluid
FAM: fertility awareness method
FF: Fertility Friend (website, see above)
HBC: hormonal birth control
HTL: high temp level (0.4°F above LTL, temp rise needed to indicate O)
LAM: lactational amenorrhea method (breastfeeding as birth control)
LP: luteal phase (between ovulation and menses, average 10-16 days)
LTL: low temp level (highest of the 6 temps immediately before temp rise)
NFP: natural family planning
O: ovulation
SHOW: soft, high, open, wet (characteristics of the cervix near ovulation)
SR: seminal residue
TCOYF: Taking Charge of Your Fertility (book and website, see above)
TTA: trying to avoid
TTW: trying to whatever
other common abbreviations

Happy Charting Everyone! 
#2 of 97 Old 12-01-2010, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

In the early days of my cycle, have a busy month ahead with travel and visitors, hope I can manage to chart through the craziness.

What's everyone else up to? Who is celebrating Christmas this month? Hanukkah? Solstice? Other? What are your traditions? As atheists, we kind of celebrate everything and nothing. Our only real tradition is eating at a Chinese restaurant on Christmas day. I thought I came up with that by myself, but then I found out it's a common Jewish tradition! lol.gif

#3 of 97 Old 12-01-2010, 04:47 AM

I'm on Day 3 of a 10-day cleanse and on CD9. It will be interesting to see what happens with this cycle! I've done this cleanse twice before and I'm pretty sure I O'd later than normal. We'll see!

We celebrate Christmas, but as Christians we try to keep the focus on Jesus and not on material craziness. No matter what you celebrate, I'm sure we all struggle with the rampant materialism and spending that's pushed this time of year! It's so hard to steer away from that and focus on the important things - for us, family time, God, making meaningful gifts for each other, participating in family traditions and serving in our community! It just makes me sick to hear/see all the "BUY BUY BUY, SPEND SPEND SPEND, YOU NEED THIS IN ORDER TO BE HAPPY" messages that are EVERYWHERE right now. grossedout.gif   Anyway.... can you tell I feel strongly about this?  redface.gif

slinggirl.gif  Melissa: wife todh_malesling.GIF, mama to 5 dear children grouphug.gif and remembering Matthias angel2.gif (8.9.05 - 8.10.05)

#4 of 97 Old 12-01-2010, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm on CD20, no sign of ovulation in sight. I'm predicting it'll happen around the 14th, because I've gotten AF on Christmas morning about 6 times in the last 10 years. Seriously. WTF, Mother Nature?! What did I ever do to you?!

We're atheists who celebrate Christmas. The main focus is on spending time with family... we bake, make a gingerbread house together and make Ukrainian eggs (which is what the kids give their grandparents for presents) The kids get gifts, but I don't think we're OTT with that... my daughter really wants cake mixes and supplies to make cupcakes and my son wants a pocket knife... which I'm really not sure is a good idea. Maybe I could get him some chisels and instructions on carving wood? But judging from their requests, I think we're doing okay from the not-commercialized standpoint. The kids are doing a concert at school this year, I'm really excited about that!!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#5 of 97 Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

thank you for the new thread!

#6 of 97 Old 12-01-2010, 11:18 AM

Thanks for the new thread

We are Catholic and celebrate Christmas.  we sing in the church choir and I already am looking forward to singing at Christmas mass.  And, for the first time in 4 years I have an entire weeks vacation over the holidays (I'm a fulltime WOHM working in a health care facility that doesn't close for the holidays.).  So, we can travel to be with our families for at least a few days.  yay!   

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_honeyb View Post

We celebrate Christmas, but as Christians we try to keep the focus on Jesus and not on material craziness. No matter what you celebrate, I'm sure we all struggle with the rampant materialism and spending that's pushed this time of year! It's so hard to steer away from that and focus on the important things - for us, family time, God, making meaningful gifts for each other, participating in family traditions and serving in our community! It just makes me sick to hear/see all the "BUY BUY BUY, SPEND SPEND SPEND, YOU NEED THIS IN ORDER TO BE HAPPY" messages that are EVERYWHERE right now. grossedout.gif   Anyway.... can you tell I feel strongly about this?  redface.gif

I hear you completely!  Right now the boys are still too little to get into the material craziness, but I know it is on the horizon.  i am curious what you and other's do with gift giving to keep things "unmaterialisitic"  if that is even a word...

CD 14 here with confusing temps, since I know I won't ovulate for at least 3 days...

Mama of 3 little boys - DS1 4/08, DS2 4/09, DS3 12/11

#7 of 97 Old 12-01-2010, 01:21 PM

I'd like to join. We CTA for nine months before getting pregnant (I swear DH's sperm lives longer than normal sperm- a fact which he seems to enjoy.) So, now I need advice on charting while breastfeeding and cosleeping. I haven't gotten my thermometer out, though I've been loosely charting menstruation and fertile cervical mucous since my cycle came back four months ago (I was really hoping for a longer break). We've just been using condoms every time though DH and I would both like to ditch those once I KNOW for a fact when I ovulated.

So, any advice on BF while charting? I don't really have to wake up fully when he wants to nurse, though a few times recently he's decided he wants to play at 4 am. Will temps be accurate?

E, wife to D, mommy to G (born March 2010). joy.gif

#8 of 97 Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM

December already! And the snow is flying here, which is wonderful, because I LOVE snow.

Day 17 and based on CM, I'd say O is soon, but my temps were all over the place last week so it's hard to judge for certain. It didn't help that I slept 3 different places last week (2 nights on a couch, too!), was vaguely ill with the sniffles, and didn't get nearly enough sleep at all. I think my insomnia has passed and I'm back at home after holiday visits with family so hopefully things will settle down now. Still a couple months from relying on charting so I'm not too concerned right now.

My family is seriously into Christmas! And not in a materialistic way, really. There are no little ones at all so it's easy to say we're only spending $10/person this year and that's it. We're more about spending time together putting up decorations, looking at Christmas lights, baking, cooking, watching Christmas movies, etc. The holiday music is on non-stop and we spend a lot of time together, talking, laughing and just enjoying. I've also got a party with my knitting group, a party for work, and a family reunion approaching, which are all wonderful fun.

I'm really looking forward to spending Christmas with my boyfriend, as we just met this year. It'll be interesting to see how our holiday traditions mesh and match up. I just need to figure out what to get him!

Hope everyone has a blessed and happy holiday season, regardless of which holidays you choose to celebrate or not!

Welcome, Emilie (goinggreengirl) ! I'm new, too!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#9 of 97 Old 12-02-2010, 07:09 AM

Okay ladies I need some help with my temp this morning.  I usually wake up and temp at about 6:20am, but this morning DS2 woke me up at 4:50am.  I temped 97.4 then got up gave him his paci, put his blanket back on him, went to the bathroom and then went to bed.  I woke up the second time at 6:55 temped again got 98.2.  So, which temp  do I use?  Here is my chart using the 97.4 temp. 

chart.bmp

But if I put in the 98.2 temp it really looks like I O'd. 

Oh and to add to the confusion yesterdays temp was taken about 40 minutes late at 7am, after waking up to comfort my son at 3am.

And I almost always O CD16 or later.

Any advice???

#10 of 97 Old 12-02-2010, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to the thread, goinggreengirl! peace.gif

Let me know if you have a chart link to add to the OP.

fnpmama: Were you sleeping for 3 hours before 4:50? If so, I would go with the earlier temp.

The TCOYF software will adjust -.10° for every 20 min before normal waking time (up to a point - after 1.5 hr or so it just marks it as "disturbed"). So that could maybe adjust the early temp to 97.8 or 97.9. If you adjusted yesterday the same way (+.10° for every 20 min late) you'd get 97.9. So it would look a little less erratic. I don't know what other's think about this adjustment, but I've noticed that my temps seem to follow this pattern. If I wake up 40 min late or 40 min early my temps are likely to be a couple tenths higher or lower than the others in the same phase.

At any rate, I've read (and seen here) that the 3 solid hours of sleep is supposed to matter more than the precise waking hour, so I would tend to side with the earlier temps taken after a longer stretch of uninterrupted sleep.

#11 of 97 Old 12-02-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capretta View Post

fnpmama: Were you sleeping for 3 hours before 4:50? If so, I would go with the earlier temp.

The TCOYF software will adjust -.10° for every 20 min before normal waking time (up to a point - after 1.5 hr or so it just marks it as "disturbed"). So that could maybe adjust the early temp to 97.8 or 97.9. If you adjusted yesterday the same way (+.10° for every 20 min late) you'd get 97.9. So it would look a little less erratic. I don't know what other's think about this adjustment, but I've noticed that my temps seem to follow this pattern. If I wake up 40 min late or 40 min early my temps are likely to be a couple tenths higher or lower than the others in the same phase.

At any rate, I've read (and seen here) that the 3 solid hours of sleep is supposed to matter more than the precise waking hour, so I would tend to side with the earlier temps taken after a longer stretch of uninterrupted sleep.

Thanks so much for the help.  That makes more sense.  I had gotten a pretty decent night's sleep before the earlier temp so I will use that and adjust it.  I think I like the TCOYF charting better than FF.  Maybe I will switch...

#12 of 97 Old 12-04-2010, 01:23 PM

Hi ladies! I've put Taking Charge of Your Fertility on hold at the library and am going to be taking this month to learn more about charting to avoid.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#13 of 97 Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM

Hello goinggreengirl and phathui5! 

We are Catholic and celebrate Christmas :) 

Capretta - I didn't know that was a common Jewish tradition.  We actually did that last year when we just moved to a different state and weren't able to go home for Christmas. 

Question - How "close" to ovulation do you feel comfortable having unprotected sex?  I don't O until CD 17+ but we never have unprotected sex before ovulation.  I know logically I have a safe time before O-ing but feel like the one time we have sex pre O, I will O earlier.  Feel free to tell me I am being unrealistic...sperm can only live up to 7 days in favorable conditions right?    

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Our beautiful baby girl arrived 2/17/2010
#14 of 97 Old 12-04-2010, 08:26 PM

Hi ladies, I think I'm going to join you. My iud just fell out today and I don't think I'm going to get another! The side effects were killing me (or at least attempting to make me crazynut.gif)! I'm not really sure when to start charting, I haven't had a period in months. I had the mirena, so should I wait for a period or just start in the morning? Looking forward to getting to know you in the coming months!

#15 of 97 Old 12-04-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelxxrose View Post

Question - How "close" to ovulation do you feel comfortable having unprotected sex?  I don't O until CD 17+ but we never have unprotected sex before ovulation.  I know logically I have a safe time before O-ing but feel like the one time we have sex pre O, I will O earlier.  Feel free to tell me I am being unrealistic...sperm can only live up to 7 days in favorable conditions right?    

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Well, since I have never in my charting ovulated before day 15, I feel comfortable up to day 9 of my cycle.  But that being said my second son was conceived when we were CTA so ya might not really want to list to me.  However, that was because I O'd late not early.   I thought i had O'd but really I hadn't my CM had a double peak, and my temperatures were off cuz I was still waking up to feed DS#1 in the night.. It was my first PP cycle then I as well... Anyway, I have learned some since then.   As far as after ovulation I make sure that I have 5 days of clear temp shift.  I just can't rely on CM.

Welcome Braan, goinggreengirl, & pathui5!!  I'm pretty new here, too.  but so far it has helped me feel more confident in my charting and get knowledgeable advice when I need it. 

#16 of 97 Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 AM

well, i am back again so you can remove me from the graduates:(.

I am on cd 9 post m/c at 8 wks.

Dh is done done done so we are going to really really tta for at least 6 months and then re-visit the issue as I really reallydon't feel our family is complete.

I took a hpt this morning and it was still pos. I temped for the first time today as well and it was high at 98.0, will it drop when the hcg drops?

I shuld o 3-4ks post m/c so we will see what happens.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#17 of 97 Old 12-05-2010, 12:00 PM

theboysmama~ sorry you're back, I hope your DH comes around to trying for another. 

I have a bad cold right now, so my temperatures are all over the place. FF gave me dashed-line cross hairs, though I'm pretty sure I haven't ovulated. I'm having temps that aren't fever-high, but are a full degree higher than my usual post-O temps. Would you mark that as a fever? FF disregards the temp if you say it's a fever.

Quote:
Question - How "close" to ovulation do you feel comfortable having unprotected sex?

Well,  my cycle still hasn't normalized since going off the pill (over 6 months ago) so I haven't ovulated before CD28, but we still use protection every time after about CD7. I get obsessive if there's even a remote possibility that I could be pregnant, so for SO's sanity, it's better this way. 

#18 of 97 Old 12-05-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelxxrose View Post

I think the little buggers can only live 5 days in favorable conditions??? But do you have dry days pre-O? Because you are safe to DTD after 6pm if you've been dry all day! I usually have about 2 dry days after AF which are safe for unprotected sex. And I also use the rule where you take the earliest day you've ever O'd, then minus 7 and you're good to DTD up until that day. For me that's day 8. That's not a totally fool-proof rule though. (I can't remember the name of that rule...anyone??)  We've decided to use condoms when I'm in that "possibly fertile" stage and then abstain when I'm in the "danger zone".  orngtongue.gif 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

well, i am back again so you can remove me from the graduates:(.

I am on cd 9 post m/c at 8 wks.

Dh is done done done so we are going to really really tta for at least 6 months and then re-visit the issue as I really reallydon't feel our family is complete.

I took a hpt this morning and it was still pos. I temped for the first time today as well and it was high at 98.0, will it drop when the hcg drops?

I shuld o 3-4ks post m/c so we will see what happens.

Sorry for your loss, mama. greensad.gif  My angel baby was born on August 9th, 5 years ago. I'll think of you next year on that date!! I hope you and DH can reach an agreement on your family size...I know that can be very difficult.

I am still on my cleanse, Day 7 today and I'm SO sick of it. But my chart has been pretty straightforward, thankfully! I'm getting some fertile-quality CM, hopefully I'll go on to O like normal and not just hang out in limbo land because of the cleansing.

Welcome Braann, goinggreengirl and phathui5!!!!  Welcome.gif

slinggirl.gif  Melissa: wife todh_malesling.GIF, mama to 5 dear children grouphug.gif and remembering Matthias angel2.gif (8.9.05 - 8.10.05)

#19 of 97 Old 12-05-2010, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to the thread phathui5 and Braan! 

phathui5: TCOYF is great. I only wish I had read it 20 years ago!

Braan: I haven't been on HBC for many years, so I don't have any experience with how it affects charting. There is at least one other person who recently removed her mirena here though, so maybe she can chime in. If it were me, I would start charting right away, even if your cycles may be a little wonky for a while. 

theboysmama: Sorry for your loss. hug.gif Welcome back to the thread. 

miss_honeyb: What is this cleanse you are doing? What does it involve?

angelxxrose: I have also read 5 (not 7 days) under "ideal" conditions. We have yet to go without barriers before O, but we're still pretty new to CTA. Plus, we're TTC soon enough and I'd rather not have an "oops" before then.

All: As always, let me know if you'd like me to add or update a chart link in the OP.

#20 of 97 Old 12-06-2010, 11:07 AM

I have a question- do you enter when you had sex and (on fertility friend) do you differentiate between unprotected and protected sex? For my own peace of mind, I want to chart them differently (I know condoms can fail, but at least I'll be less worried if we had sex with a condom near O than if we went natural too near O time).

E, wife to D, mommy to G (born March 2010). joy.gif

#21 of 97 Old 12-06-2010, 11:11 AM

Thanks capretta, now if I can just remember to take my temp BEFORE I get up and get my coffee... lol

#22 of 97 Old 12-06-2010, 11:17 AM

I specify AM or PM for unprotected sex.  I just say "yes" if a barrier was used.

CD 1 for me.  yay.

#23 of 97 Old 12-06-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braann View Post

Thanks capretta, now if I can just remember to take my temp BEFORE I get up and get my coffee... lol

I use my cellphone alarm because it lets me put in a message so when it goes off at 7am, it says "Take temp!" on the screen.

I just get into trouble if I wake up before the alarm because I might lay there for a few minutes or get up before I get my reminder.

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#24 of 97 Old 12-06-2010, 05:51 PM

Hey ladies! I'm here, in the US for one more day before heading back to Iraq. I don't know what's going with my cycle. I'm on cd 26 and I don't think I ovulated this cycle, at least my chart say I didn't. I never got EWCM but I did get some pretty strong o pains on cd 21. Vie been traveling like crazy in the last two weeks plus I've been sick (and it's my first full cycle without the iud) so I'm not surprised my chart is a little vague.

I think I've read somewhere that sperm can live up to 5-7 days given to proper conditions. I got pregnant from DTD 7 days before o...opps!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#25 of 97 Old 12-07-2010, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinggreengirl View Post

I have a question- do you enter when you had sex and (on fertility friend) do you differentiate between unprotected and protected sex? For my own peace of mind, I want to chart them differently (I know condoms can fail, but at least I'll be less worried if we had sex with a condom near O than if we went natural too near O time).

I believe FF is only for TTC, so I haven't seen that you can differentiate between the two. I use a paper chart (downloadable from TCOYF website - I LOVE it!!) and use that as my "real" chart, and just use FF as a secondary chart, I guess mostly to see how the computer interprets it. I really like having a "hard copy" of all my charts, I guess that's just me. I'm a pen-and-paper sort of girl. smile.gif

Capretta: I'm doing The Master Cleanse, it involves 10 days of fasting and only consuming a mixture of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, pure maple syrup and water. Flushes your system of nasty toxins, helps break caffeine/refined carb/sugar addictions, helpful for weight-loss.... all things that I need to do right now!! So, it's not pleasant but it's good. Day 9 today!! One day to go!!

Also, how do I give you a link to my charts on FF?

#26 of 97 Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_honeyb View Post

Also, how do I give you a link to my charts on FF?

On the left-hand side choose "sharing" and then "home page setup". At the top of that page is the URL to your public home page. There may be some kind of privacy settings I don't know about, but otherwise, I think that's it. HTH

#27 of 97 Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygirl View Post

I use my cellphone alarm because it lets me put in a message so when it goes off at 7am, it says "Take temp!" on the screen.

I just get into trouble if I wake up before the alarm because I might lay there for a few minutes or get up before I get my reminder.

I think I should do this.  I should prob set it a little early and just go back to sleep if the boys aren't awake yet.  I have been having as much about an 1-1.5 hr variation in wake up time and it is just hard to tell what is going on. 

I have switched to TCOYF online charting from FF because I think the charts look prettier and also because it is helps with adjusting temp if you wake up a little early or late.  I am not sure how to link my new chart from there, but I think I can put it here in the post. 

CD15 is very early for me to O.  Maybe I O'd later with the second temp jump?  My temps CD13-19 are a little fuzzy almost everyone of those mornings I woke up  late or early and tcoyf had to adjust.  I guess it could be   "Fall Back thermal shift"  type thing.  Anyone know anything about that?

1.png?

#28 of 97 Old 12-08-2010, 12:57 PM

I skipped temping this morning because I couldn't keep from coughing long enough. I hate being sick! No sign of O, anyway. I figured out how to add things to the list. I put in maca, so when I'm doing my chart, I remember to take it and my multi vitamin.

#29 of 97 Old 12-08-2010, 03:37 PM

I'm still here, though I haven't posted in a few months. CTA for 7 months now, and will probably continue for another year.CD 7. No temp today as the battery is dead on my themometer. Seriously. I bought a 2-pack of batteries in May or June and have gone through both of them.I found the package from my thermomter (BD) and it states that a battery should last 300 hours, which is about 3 years. I have gone through 4 batteries in that amount of time. Now I am wondering if I should buy more batteries or a new thermometer. Any tips on that? Why am I going through batteries so fast?

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#30 of 97 Old 12-08-2010, 10:05 PM

Do you push the button again after you temp to turn it off? It shuts off on it's own in 10 seconds or so, but I think if you turn it off that saves battery life. Though I think a few months is a really, really short time to wear one out, even if you do leave it on?

Tags
Family Planning , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page