I Took 2 Tests & Both Were Negative, What can be wrong then? How do I get AF back?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-26-2004, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did an Equate last night (well actually did 2, the first one was invalid...UGH!) & got my order from EmiBeans & just did an AimStick & it also was negative. I have another stick one (generic) that I'm going to do with first mornings tomorrow.

WTH is going on then? : Is there anything I can do/take to bring on AF?

I really didn't "want" to be pg (I hope that doesn't sound bad) I'd LOVE a baby if I were, but I'm not sure it'd be a great thing *right now*, KWIM? But then again I've been wondering if it maybe would be just the thing I need to snap me out of this funk...has anyone ever heard of PPD going away with a subsequent baby/birth, or does it get worse?

I'm torn...I had gotten all excited & convinced myself that I was, I have tons of "symptoms", but I'm not sure if they're actual pg symptoms or just things that have been going on forever & I'm just looking for things...ugh. Now that I've read so much online & in a couple of books & really thought I was I'm disappointed that I'm not.

Oh well, I guess if God wants it to be, it will.

Thanks for all the advice & please say a prayer for me & my family that God will show us what we need to do & what is right for us.

BTW-Here are the relating threads I've posted about this, copied & pasted, in case you don't know what's going on.

Quote:
Sorry if this is TMI-but what can light pink spotting mean?
I've never done any natural family planning or anything & I've also NEVER been regular in the 16 years I've been menstruating, but early last week or the week before for 2 or 3 days I had very faint light pink stuff when I wiped...what can that mean?

DH & I ahven't used any form of BC (besides an occasional withdrawal ) for a few months...

My youngest DS just turned 3 in January & is still nursing at least 2-3 times a day & through the night (family bed) & I didn't get AF back until he was 16 months old (I had been w/out AF for EXACTLY 25 months to the day...lol) I'm not even sure when my last AF was...I'm pretty sure I've had one since Christmas though, maybe even in January & February, I'm just not sure.

I had taken BC pills for a few months back in the late summer/early fall to try & regulate my hormones in case they were attributing to my constant depression that I've had since ds was born, but stopped taking them b/c they made me feel different & cramp even MORE than I did as a teenager when I would spend hours with a heating pad...UGH!

Anyway, can any of you cycle gurus give me a heads up? What could it have been? BTW-I've also noticed w/in the past week or 2 some slimey mucousy yuck..what can that be?

: me please!

Thanks a TON in advance!!
Quote:
still nurse my 3 yo 2 X's a day or so & some through the night, so I'm not sure if that's enough to mess w/ me, I don't even think I have milk anymore...

I'm not sure I can afford to go to a doc to get a serum test, but if it'll LMK one way or the other I'd almost be willing to try it! I take some meds that I'm not sure are safe if pg & I don't want to stop taking them "JIC" but at the same time I don't want to take something that can harm a developing baby ...

UGH...I don't know what to do...lol
Quote:
See, something else that I'm not getting is that I found out about all 3 of my kids EARLY & almost EXACTLY 8 months before their due dates

DD #1
+ HPT July 21, 1995
EDD March 18, 1996
Actual DD-induction due to PIH/Toxemia March 19, 1996

DD #2
+ HPT October 13, 1997
EDD June 17, 1998
Actual DD-emergency c-sect after I went into labor June 2, 1998

DS
+ HPT June 5, 2000
EDD February 5, 2001
Actual DD-C-Sect January 26, 2001

I dunno...they always called me "barely pregnant" when I went in for those first visits & I liked knowing (for the most part-I was TERRIFIED & still am of miscarriage) I wanted to do everything just right so that I'd have a healthy pgcy & baby...take vitamins & not drink caffeine, eat right, not take meds that could harm baby...etc.

I'm just sooooo confused!!!!!
Quote:
The other one this am was also negative...I'm still not convinced though...I'm going to have to go in to the doc Monday I guess...I'm soooo scared!

OTOH, I did do a Google search on the meds I take & read on several sites about each & they seem to be generally safe...I'll talk to the doc about them too though.
#2 of 3 Old 03-28-2004, 03:48 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Hmm - do you know how many days past ovulation you are? You might be testing too soon. Or you might not have ovulated when you thought you did. How are you keeping track of your cycles?

Are you breastfeeding?

Also, per the User Agreement you can't post a link to another board.
Quote:
Posting to invite members to other boards for debate purposes or posting about discussions at other boards. This is to maintain and respect the integrity of our own and other communities.
Just an FYI.

I see you are in Southern Indiana - near Evansville? I have some friends there and am always surprised when someone is from that area. There are a few folks on the board from that area.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 3 Old 03-28-2004, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by AdinaL
Hmm - do you know how many days past ovulation you are? You might be testing too soon. Or you might not have ovulated when you thought you did. How are you keeping track of your cycles?

Are you breastfeeding?

Also, per the User Agreement you can't post a link to another board.

Just an FYI.

I see you are in Southern Indiana - near Evansville? I have some friends there and am always surprised when someone is from that area. There are a few folks on the board from that area.

I edited my post to give some more info & remove the links

Thanks a lot for mentioning that! I'd appreciate any advice I can get!

Oh & yes, I'm about 1 1/2 hours from Evansville! All 3 of my kiddos were born there!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page