The December "Whatever" Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2010, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not good news....Dh's sperm count is half of what it was at the last check. confused.gif He still isn't in the "infertile" bracket but if we don't catch the egg soon, I don't know if it will ever happen. I guess #5 isn't even going to be an option in the near future! Damn! This is what we get for messing with his body. 

eta: just realizing this might have something to do with the almost daily hot baths DH has been taking the last couple of months (since he took up running long distances). Ugh! He didn't take a bath last cycle until after I o'ed but apparently that's not enough. 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 05:43 PM

kinder ~ If I remember correctly from when my dh was having SAs done, it takes 3 months to completely replenish sperm reserves. There are some supplements and lifestyle changes that your dh can make to try to raise his count. The other thing to keep in mind is that one SA doesn't really mean anything. The count, motility and morphology can all change a lot in a very short time. I'd think you'd need to get a couple more SAs to see if there's a steady decline or if this was just a one time thing.

For example, when my dh had his first couple of SAs he was going through the officer's equivalent of Marine Corps boot camp. He was very physically drained. The results of the SAs seemed grim, very low count and motility. We were told we would most likely need IVF with ICSI in order to ever conceive. Two days before we were supposed to do our first IUI he suffered hypothermia and couldn't get anything to use for the IUI. I was devestated. Just a couple of months later his count had rebounded so much that it was considered high.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 12-10-2010, 05:43 AM

Kinder: ITA with MW - some lifestyle changes and maybe some supplements I think may make a huge difference. No more hot baths!

we did finally BD last night, it was a near thing. DH said he had to go to bed  - I asked, to sleep? - and he said yeah, he had some energy work to do (he practices Reiki) and needed to be lying down. When I got to bed he said he was still game if I was so yay! (anyway, sorry if TMI) but I am glad he stayed awake. I am wondering if I should discard the last few days temps, because I think they are high b/c of my cold, and not anything hormonal, b/c the temp pattern and cm patterns don't match up. I will wait and see what my temp does over the next few days before I go fussing with my chart.

- how is everyone else?

oh here is chart

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 12-10-2010, 07:08 AM

Hm, Katrina. Your temps do make it look like you Oed on cd40. Your CF is confusing things a bit but temps are more conclusive.

Can I tell you how frustrated I am? I had been searching and searching for some warm shoes/boots for my boys. It's been freezing here, which is bizarre for this time of year. I searched in the stores last week and found nothing. No boots at all. All they had for boys were hiking style boots but they aren't lined for warmth. I even asked at a few stores and was told they don't ever carry boots for boys. Meanwhile, they have rows and rows of boots for girls. WTH?!

I went online and the only thing I could find were really big snow boots for $50 or more! JC Penney had some for $25 but, still, they were those big snow boots. We don't really need snow boots because it doesn't snow much here. It did snow last year but only once.

I went back to the mall yesterday to give it one more shot. I was getting so angry because everywhere I went they had tons of boots for girls but nothing for boys. Finally, I decide to go into A Children's Place. I wouldn't normally shop in there because I had the impression it was expensive like Gymboree and Gap. Lo and behold, I found the perfect boots for both my boys. They look similar to hiking boots but are a a little higher on the leg and they are lined and water resistant but not so big and bulky that they are like Moonboots (Do any of you remember those things? LOL). And they cost almost the same as the crappy ones at JC Penney. Now my only problem is that I thought they were 40% off but when I just checked the receipt, not discount was taken. I'll have to call the store and find out if I need to come in and get the discount back. That was my own fault because I thought the total seemed high when the cashier told me but I was so distracted and tired and in a hurry that I didn't question it at the time.

And, ugh! I think I have a yeast infection. My doc kept asking me every time I went for my u/s if I was itchy or anything. I wasn't. He would comment on all the discharge and I'd have to remind him every time that it's from the progesterone suppositories. I couldn't figure out why he couldn't remember that since he prescribed them for me. Well, I just looked at the instructions on the bottle from his script and it says to take one by mouth every day. My previous script (and every other I've ever had) said to use them vaginally. Anyway, so I think he jinxed me because last night I started getting itchy. I haven't had a yeast infection in at least 10  years. I have no idea what to do about it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 12-10-2010, 07:27 AM

akind1: Fingers crossed that it wasn't O just yet.

MW: You definitely need to go in The Children's Place more! I loved that place, especially when my kids were younger. In the springtime, they have the best selection of kid-size sunglasses and they are all like 2/$5 so super reasonable. I've gotten ties for my boys, real ties that tie not the clip-on kind, for like $7. Also their PJs are awesome, especially when you catch them on sale.

As for your possible YI, I would first call your doc about switching your progesterone from vaginal to oral. Is it 200 mg Prometrium? Then if I were you, I would start with garlic suppositories. I peel a garlic clove and then put a threaded needle through it to give it some string so I can pull it out when I need to. If I am super itchy, I will put a few nicks in the clove so more garlic gets in. Just a warning, you will probably get a garlic taste in your mouth. I usually put one in before bedtime and sleep with it all night. When it was really bad, I also coated the outer area with liquid probiotics. Not sure if that really helped or not but it did give some relief. I would do that as long as I could before trying any medications.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 12-10-2010, 08:01 AM

Thanks, Annie. I have read about using garlic but it kind of freaked me out. I was thinking about that this morning and wondering how I would get it out. Do you wash it or is it considered clean once it's peeled?

My new script from the doc I'm seeing now actually says to take it orally. I have taken progesterone for years from various different docs and it has always been vaginal. I don't want to switch to oral. Vaginal is supposed to be more potent because half the meds don't get eaten up by the digestive system. It's also supposed to have less side effects like getting an upset stomach.

I have since discovered that I do need to check out The Children's Place more often. I did go in there once last year and found some really nice, fuzzy lined croc style slip ons for winter. DS2 hates to wear regular shoes but loves his crocs so they were perfect for him. They aren't carrying them anymore. :-( I noticed while looking around that the prices weren't any higher than JC Penney, which is where I usually go.My neighbor also turned me on to the Gap sale rack. She gets a lot of her son's clothes for the coming season/year there and saves a lot. 

The other thing I learned is that I'm really late for starting to look for winter clothes. Apparently, winter clothes and shoes went on sale months ago and are already being sold out and not replaced. Since this area is usually warmer most local stores don't even carry really cold weather stuff. That's hard for me to remember because we were in Hawaii for 3 years where it was always one season (although the stores there would get turtlenecks and winter coats in the fall, funny) and then came here.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 AM

We shop lots at Gymboree, their stuff goes on sale/clearance really quickly, so we just hold out until we get it for cheap. A Children's place is great for basics, but DH doesn't like it b/c the stuff isn't as "cute" at Gymboree. he holds out for the good stuff! yay on boots! it is so hard to find good boys anything. there is like 2 styles of boys' coats everywhere I go, the options are so limited. ugh.

my temps were just as high earlier in my cycle when I had a cold, that is why I think the ones recently are up due to cold too, and not hormones. I don't think I would be having fertile CM beginning on O day, that just doesn't make sense. but we will see how my temps do in the next few days . . .

I love shopping! I want to get DS some flannel crib sheets - I hate his scratchy cotton ones - but it will wait until payday. What I don't understand is that most sheets for regular beds are a minimum 250 thread count, and babies - who have much more sensitive skin - all their sheets are a mere 200 TC. wouldn't you want something nicer next to your babies skin? (sorry, that was way OT)

It is cold, I am hoping for snow. I haven't had a white Christmas since 1989, (I think, maybe it was 88) - we got like a foot and a half of snow on Christmas Eve. it was lovely! and of course, being eastern carolina, everything screeches to a halt for flurries, let alone real snow! I didn't mind - but then - I wasn't driving then.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 12-10-2010, 10:48 AM

akind1-- I would definately take lots of notes and keep an eye on it. If your CF matches up with any other time which looks like a temp rise, I might focus on that one. It's hard when you know you feel sick, because it's a fairly good bet that it has altered your bbt at least a little bit.

MW- my SIL buys half her daughters clothes at childrens place, they have really good deals on their basic sweatsuits and leggings for girls, which is all her youngest wears. Almost every year, eevry single one of my nieces gets a fleece sweat suit from there, and they love them.

Kinder- would some form of insemination be an option? It might help to even out the low count, though as others said, from what I know, one reading doesn't signifiy much.

AFM: Still not signing on to FF. Taking temps and recording in a word document. I have the day off today, so we'll probably dtd, and then again on Sunday... and then I'm on my dreaded nights for at least a week, probably two. bah.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 12-10-2010, 11:02 AM

We don't have a Gymboree here. The closest one is Wilmington, as far as I know, and I'm not driving there just to go shopping. I hate shopping for boys clothes. I usually leave it to dh because I don't like anything. When ds3 needed clothes last summer, I asked dh to buy stuff in Oklahoma and send it to me because I just could not bring myself to buy anything that I saw. I am so sick of trucks and planes and sports. So gender stereotypical, which I hate. One year ds2 picked out a pair of pink sweat pants from the girl's section. That's all he wears, really soft fleece pants. He's very sensitive to anything the least bit scratchy or stiff. My oldest son's best friend said to me, "Ms. B, sometimes you just have to put your foot down." LOL The teens were horrified that I would buy a boy a pair of pink pants. Pink used to be a male color because it's derived from red, which is considered a strong, masculine color. eyesroll.gif

I've been eyeing the flannel sheet sets. For 3 years I didn't even consider them because it's usually so warm here but it's so cold right now. I could really snuggle into some flannel sheets. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Ok, back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Katrina ~ Your fertile CF started the day before I think you may have Oed. Why it's continued for so many days after is the question. Your temps were up earlier in your cycle but they were all up. You didn't have some low followed by some high that would indicate a thermal shift the way you do now. IDK. You'll just have to wait and see. The outside temp shouldn't affect BB temps like that, though.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:31 AM

DH spoke to the doc who did the reversal and they said the same thing...it's not conclusive, especially considering the almost daily hot baths! He's to get another SA in a month to see if it goes up. In the meantime, they want him on fertility supplements which I ordered last night. This could ultimately mean there is a blockage from scar tissue. As far as insemination, I don't know if I'm willing to go to the length to conceive. We have 4 healthy children and I am weird like that. An IUI might be an option which would be more natural but still. We'll see. DH is all for banking his sperm but I am just not feeling it yet. Hopefully his next count brings good news! 

Katrina--definitely looks like O....but weird about the CF lasting so long! Hope it works out! 

MW~I hear you! I have a hard time finding normal clothes for my girls! You know ones that don't have "lucky" or "cute" on the bum area or "girls rule" or "shopaholic" on the front of the shirt. Ugh!

Old 12-10-2010, 02:00 PM

MW - once your boys are old enough to have an opinion - and all of them are - I say let them have what they want. DH and I both love to shop, it is not a good thing! Are there any good thrift/consignment stores there now? there weren't when we lived there. We went to New Bern because they had a few. in our current area there are several great kids consignment stores, and I love them!

oh, and I didn't mean the outside cold (although it is) - I meant I had a cold earlier this month when my temps were up and I have one now - runny nose, sore throat, etc. ugh. so we will see, will continue to monitor temps and see what happens. I really don't think I O'd on cd 40. (part of that is wishful thinking) I would think sickness and outside things far more likely to affect BBT than CM. but I could be wrong . . .

JJ - enjoy your time off! working nights is no fun.

Kinder, fx the supplements work! and quickly!

If we had NO kids, and had trouble conceiving, I could consider anything upto and including IVF (if we could afford it) but now that we have one child, I can't see going to  that length for additional children . .maybe IUI if we had to. IDK - everyone draws the line somewhere.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:21 PM

katrina ~ I think I got mixed up because now that you mention it again I remember you saying you had a cold. Yeah, that definitely could affect your temps. When I was sick last week I'm pretty sure I had a mild fever.

Kinder ~ I was not suggesting that you do IVF or anything else. I was just relating my experience with my dh's SAs. I'm sure you didn't mean it this way but to call a baby conceived through IVF a petri dish baby is very offensive and insensitive. The baby is not fully grown in a petri dish. Once insemination occurs, the fertilized embryo is transferred into the mother's uterus and then grows and develops just like any other baby. Babies conceived through IVF are just as normal and natural as babies conceived through sexual intercourse. Although we didn't conceive through ART, we did try IVF with ICSI. If any of my children had been conceived that way, I certainly wouldn't think of them as "petri dish babies".

Old 12-10-2010, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

We don't have a Gymboree here. The closest one is Wilmington, as far as I know, and I'm not driving there just to go shopping. I hate shopping for boys clothes. I usually leave it to dh because I don't like anything.

Shop online, woman!!  That's how I get DD's clothes, lol.  I made the mistake of taking her to the mall this week and after having multiple meltdowns, I left the mall after 3 hours with nothing but my patience worn thin!!

PS I got her the cutest outfit from Gymboree for Christmas.  A red shirt with a penguin, the jeans that go with it (with penguins at the bottom) and little red and white curly hair clips.  I even bought her a little pair of penguin panties b/c they were under $3!  So cute! 

PPS - are you against telling your dr about your yeast infection?  I'm sure he/she could help with that quickly, or recommend something.  I'm pretty sure my mw told me monistat was safe to use during pg.  But it's all up to you and your comfort level.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-10-2010, 05:45 PM

I do try to do a lot of shopping online. I get frustrated and overwhelmed with all the choices if I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. Plus, ds is changing sizes but I'm not sure what size he is because he's gone from toddler to boys. Toddler clothes are pretty easy because they go by age. A 3T fits the average 3yo. Once you get to Boys sizes it's different. There's 4, 5, 6, etc. and/or xsmall, small, medium, etc. and the sizes don't correspond to average age sizes anymore. He'll be 7 in January but he's just now growing into the size 5 pants. He wears a size 6/7 shirt. My mom still hasn't figured this out. She brought clothes when she came to visit last month. They were all 5T and I told her that was too small. She took the clothes back to exchange for a different size but just sent more 5T. LOL I gave up. I'll just save them for ds3.

I did call my doc about the yeast infection. They called in a script but it's too cold for me to go pick it up. Seriously, I cannot handle the freezing cold. I'm freezing in my own house. I asked ds1 if he'd pick it up for me on the way home from work but he never answered me and just walked in the door. Maybe he'll go back out and get it. I tried garlic but I started to get a backache and cramps. I don't know if it was related but soon after I took the garlic out the ache and cramps stopped.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 PM

Yikes! I'm sorry MW- that comment really was insensitive. I was solely reflecting on my own feelings and not thinking about others who have had to make such choices in order to have a baby. My sincere apologies! I was not thinking about anyone but myself when I made that comment! My insemination comment was in response to JJ's thoughts, not yours. Sorry! I'll go take it out! 

Old 12-10-2010, 08:43 PM

I can understand the hesitation for 'help' conceiving, especially when you've already had at least one child already. I was thinking more along the lines of 'helping' it at home. More direct application of a great amount I suppose? Something like that. Because one would assume during normal dtd, it's not all going where it's 'supposed to'.  It's a hard decision to make though, we don't have any children, and it's come up in passing, mostly in message boards the question of "what if", what if we couldn't concieve, or couldn't carry, etc etc. There's so many things to consider.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 12-11-2010, 06:20 AM

kinder ~ No worries. I figured you just didn't realize. It's so hard to always use the "right" words. That's just a sensitive subject for me because I've been through and I know a lot of people who've been through it so I know how much seemingly innocuous comments and words can hurt, even when not meant to. I also missed JJ's suggestions about insemination. For some reason when I clicked on my email link it popped up past her post. Another one of the quirks of this new format, I guess.

By the way, is anyone else having trouble posting? Every time I try to post, it just runs and runs with that little "please wait" box running. After a while I hit reload on my browser and it goes back to the reply box with my post in it but the same post is also in the thread. I don't know what the deal is.

Choosing whether or not to try ART is difficult. I already had one child but my dh did not have any and, obviously, we did not have any together. I wanted to have a child with my dh. Being pregnant and giving birth is a major part of the experience for me. It's not just about getting a baby like it is for others. That's why ART was our first choice over adoption. Plus, I have some moral dilemmas with infant adoption. After a year and a half of trying and not conceiving, we sought answers to why. That's when we were told our only real chance of conceiving would be through IVF with ICSI because of my dh's low sperm count. We had no reason to question that at the time and, since we thought it was our only way, we did it. Of course, that ultimately ended up not being true. Even with IVF, we didn't have a child until after I was diagnosed with PCOS and started taking metformin plus low dose aspirin and charted.

I think two things were working against us that we didn't realize in the beginning. One was timing. I had very long and irregular cycles and knew nothing about CF or other fertile signs. I would get horrible cramps when I thought was after O and could not dtd once they started because it was too painful. After charting for a while, I learned that the cramps probably started a few days before O, which meant we were not dtd at the critical time. The other thing is that I may have been getting pregnant and miscarrying early and just didn't know it. I didn't ever test back then. I had no idea when I Oed because I wasn't charting. Sometimes my cycles would last 3+ months. If I had known about charting sooner and/or not felt so desperate by the time we started seeing a RE, we might have been able to save a lot of money and time.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:27 AM

Would one of you please post this as a new thread on the Comments and Suggestions board or whatever that is called? I tried several times and it won't go through.

Title:  "Please Wait..." box just runs and runs when I try to submit a post or new thread

"I can't tell if my posts are ever posted. I eventually hit the refresh button in my browser (Firefox). The reply box comes back with my post in it but my post also appears to be in the thread. This is new. It just started yesterday and only on this website. This is the 2nd time I'm attempting to start this thread with my problem. The first time the "please wait" box just kept running and running. I hit refresh and my submission came back but I couldn't tell if it had been posted. When I checked the forum it was not there. Any suggestions?"

Thanks.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:14 AM

MW - on my laptop I have to hit stop and refresh because of the same issue. On my desktop (I use IE on both, but the laptop has an older version. it is my work laptop and I can't update it). It just shows the post in the thread though, the reply box is empty.

I did not temp this morning, but CM has dried up. I was up all night because I needed to go with my mom to the ER; she is only 44, but was having really high BP spikes- 160-170/80s. her normal is 100/60. her pulse was over 100 also and she felt "funky" - they got her vitals more stable and back to normal, but her labs keep coming back abnormal, I think it is troponins and LDL's. they did a stress test this morning and we are waiting on the results of that. Once they got her settled in a room (4 a.m) I came back home to sleep, but didn't bother temping when I woke up. Will pick back up tomorrow. They are not sure what exactly is going on. hopefully will have some answers soon.

I don't shop online for much of DS's stuff. toys and gear, yes, but clothes, not so much

I need to clean house today, it is a disaster, but I am  lacking motivation!

Old 12-11-2010, 04:52 PM

I got my posting problem fixed by changing some settings on my security software. I have no idea what I actually did, though. I hope I didn't just open up my laptop to more viruses again.

My doc gave me a script for 150 mg fluconazole. I haven't taken it yet. I read a few things online that say that small doses for short periods don't seem to result in any problems but larger doses taken for a longer time is associated with birth defects that resulted in death of the fetus or baby. I'm not clear on what's considered a small dose. The instructions with my script say to take on tablet every 3 to 7 days as needed. I guess that means I could just take one and, hopefully, that would clear everything up. I just don't know if I'm comfortable doing that.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:05 AM

MW- Thanks for understanding my insensitive, thoughtless post! Yeast infections suck! Sorry you have one right now. Have you tried using plain yogurt with some extra probiotic powder mixed in? 

Old 12-12-2010, 03:22 PM

I'm thread crashing ... I started browsing here since everyone who was on CTA before I concieved DS2 seems to be here.

anyhow .. not sure if its still going but baby gap was having a 50% off sale on their fleece pants & sweatshirts on wednesday.  So $7.25 / pant.  I didn't price their shirts.  Anyhow, carry on ... :D

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
Old 12-12-2010, 05:15 PM

MW: My friend that is a doc refused to prescribe fluconazole to me when I thought I might be pregnant. If I recall correctly, it's a Class C for pregnancy.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 12-12-2010, 05:33 PM

how are our pregnant mamas feeling these days?? 

Old 12-12-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

how are our pregnant mamas feeling these days?? 

Awful! love.gif I want to eat anything that is tomato based. I just got finished shoving salsa in my mouth using saltines because I don't have any more tortilla chips! I'm 9 weeks tomorrow so things should start getting better soon.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:38 PM

Yes, Annie, it's a class C. I tried the garlic again and a few hours after removing it I had some very thick, creamy discharge with just a tiny bit of pinkish red.

Kinder ~ Do you mean eating yogurt or using it like a vaginal cream? I can't stand to eat yogurt. I take probiotics but they don't help me. I'm not sure what I'll do.

I'm feeling pretty bad these days, too. I have reverse morning sickness, I think. I feel worse as the day progresses and have a hard time finding anything to eat even when I'm starving. I wish my dh were here to cook for us.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:15 AM

MW - hope you feel better soon! I am so thankful I am not prone to YI - may this long continue! also hope you are able to eat soon

Annie, I LOVED anything tomato based when I was pregnant. I could have eaten spaghetti every day! We still have it maybe once a week.

Nothing new here. my temps are down, which I don't know what to make of that. I am not even putting them in FF. the baby has been waking up earlier and I am bringing him to bed with us, so I am not getting 3 hours of sleep before I temp, I am still congested and sleeping with my mouth open. I just am not trusting them. In addition to all that, I seem to be allergic to something; I broke out in hives last night that we got calmed down for the most part, but I still have them on my palms and tops of my feet. No idea what is causing it.

Thanks for the news about the sale, I love sales! but have no $$ to spend!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:37 AM

MW: I have reverse morning sickness as well. By the time I get home in the evening, I just lay on the couch until I fall asleep. Eating is tough because everything makes me feel sick.The pinkish tinged CF is probably from the yeast. I had that with my last pg. That's what sent me to the dr. and they tested me for yeast. If you don't want to do the fluconizole (which I don't blame you, I wouldn't either), you can do clotrimizole 1%. You should be able to get it a CVS but you may have to ask the pharmacist because sometimes they keep that strength behind the counter. The stuff on the shelf is usually 2%. It's a seven day treatment but it's a class B for pregnancy. My only concern would be that I've seen some stuff online that it can interfere with the vaginal prometrium absorption since you would do both at night before bed.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Kinder ~ Do you mean eating yogurt or using it like a vaginal cream? I can't stand to eat yogurt. I take probiotics but they don't help me. I'm not sure what I'll do.

MW: I'm not sure which way Kinder meant, but that's how I use it for DD who is very prone to yeast infections. I make a mix with the probiotic capsule emptied in the yogurt and then applied. If it's for me I will use a tampon and cover it in the yogurt mix and insert it. For DD I just apply liberally...

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 AM

Annie ~ I was worried about interference with my progesterone if I use the cream.

katrina ~ I hope you feel better soon.

User Tag List