The December "Whatever" Thread! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-14-2010, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome Kismet! DS is nursing - he is nearly 13 months. I have had AF back since 4 months PP but they have been long wacky cycles.

The rash I have is now spread to my belly. I am starting to get freaked out. it itches like mad! lavendar oil, showers, etc, work temporarily. I am beginning to thing this is something else. Until it got to my belly I thought maybe it was just excema, but it isn't scaley. what is on my belly looks like polka dots.

MW great news today! next time we will send long distance slaps!

chart

not that it helps much.

Anyway.

JJ, well, I think if AF doesnt show by Christmas I am testing anyway. I have one left in the house so I might as well!

- Katrina

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post

Hi mamas! wave.gif  Just found this thread and would love to join!  I've been hanging out with Nursing Mamas TTC, but I'm really in more of a whatevering place. Any one here BFing?

My son is 14.5m and I *think* I just recently Oed for the first time PP.  I think I Oed around Dec 5-6. I had a day of spotting on Dec 12 (this past Sun), which I thought was AF starting (giving me a pretty short LP, but I know that is common with BFing), but then the spotting stopped and nothing since then. I have no idea what that means!  I never have mid-cycle spotting (but then again I've never been a Bfing mom before this year either).

Anyway, DH is ready for #2 now. . .but I am hoping to not get pg till this coming summer (mostly b/c I don't want to loose my milk supply).  But we've decided not to prevent and would be happy anytime it happened.  I assume it won't be immediate though since my cycles are clearly not regular yet.

have you tested because that spotting would have been just right for implantation...that is if you bd'ed around O!

Welcome aboard!

Yeah, it would be just right for implantation spotting I know. . .except the only BD we had at all in the fertile window did not, um, come to completion. There could have been some early escape-ers, but I think the likelyhood of catching both the first egg and the odd swimmer is not great.  That said I did test today (b/c I am totally a POAS-aholic!) and BFN.  It's just weird though.  I don't know whether to still expect AF now or what.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Old 12-15-2010, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

My u/s went very well. We saw the heartbeat again right away. Baby has grown a lot, from 7 mm to 14 mm, measuring at 7w5d, which is perfect. We could start to make out the different parts of the body. Doc said she looked head down. We were also able to hear the heartbeat. I asked the doc if he could get the heart rate because a 76 flashed on the screen and it totally freaked me out. Turns out those numbers I saw before that I thought were the heart rate were not. The doc didn't even know what it was. He said there probably was some way to set the machine to record it automatically but he'd never done that. LOL He tried to count it himself by listening but the sound kept going in and out so he couldn't hear it long enough. Anyway, he said after seeing a gazillion fetal heartbeats, he'd guess it was probably around 160. Even if he's off by 20-30 bpm, that's still good so I'm happy. Doc said he was "very excited". smile.gif

joy.gif

I love that your're calling the baby "she"!  So wonderful!  I'm feeling girl for you too!  We'll see! 

JJ - what *is* up with your cycles??  A 2 day AF?  Hmm.  Maybe you were just "sick".  Things always get screwy with me when I'm sick, including AF.  Temps, forget about it.  I wonder if your erratic sleeping cycle is throwing off your natural rhythms too?  I mean, if one can trigger ovulation by sleeping with lights on for a few nights, I would thinking switching shifts and sleeping during the day would have an effect.  But I'm no expert!!  (and I think testing once per month is fine and not obsessive!  As long as it's late enough in your cycle!  I think you've gotten braver thru the months, for sure!!)

AFM - I'm tired and starting to feel nauseous. love.gif

Kinder - I decided on Dina Aurichio.  I feel really good about her.  Here is her website if anyone wants to poke around. I just got very good feeling about her and she seems very competent, warm, caring, and smart.  I like that.  Not condescending, not aloof.  She knows now what happened during my last birth, and I feel she will work to make sure I don't have the same feelings or experiences.  We talked for a long time about what happened and she recognized my feelings, which was important to me.  

I know you guys are all right about the sibling thing.  I'm not close to mine at all (we don't speak) so sometimes I have fears.  But I know that deep down, parenting plays a huge role in how siblings get along.  And I'm going to do the best I can to make sure my children respect each other and have each other's backs.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-15-2010, 06:21 AM

Welcome, kismet. Things can be very wacky when getting PP cycles back. It is possible to get several periods over months where it seems like you might be fertile and Oing but have nothing happen. I don't usually worry about anything until I get a full blown PP bleed. Then I start temping so that I know if/when to expect AF. At this point, all you can really do is determine your BFing BIP and then track CF to be aware of times when you may be fertile.

katrina ~ Hmm...I see what you mean. I'd be inclined to say that you didn't O.

jj ~ I don't know what to think. I've never had an AF that short. I have read many times that many women can have bleeding that looks like AF when they are pg. The mother of my best friend in Junior High had regular bleeds just like AF throughout the entire time of both of her pgs. I just read yesterday that implantation spotting usually occurs at 10-14dpo, when one would expect AF. I thought it happened earlier than that. I don't think I would go straight to thinking I could be pg if that happened to me but if it's really eating at you, there's no shame in testing just to make sure.

Carrie ~ Just keep in mind that no matter how much siblings may care about each other, they will still fight. Have you heard of the book, Siblings Without Rivalry? I read it and thought, "Oh, this is so fabulous. My boys will always get along, never fight." Yeah, right. They fight several times a day. They also play nicely and help each other and take care of each other several times a day. The biggest fight right now is that my 3yo doesn't play exactly the way my 6yo wants to. The 3yo breaks the 6yo's rules. I try to explain to them that they can pretend whatever they want when they are playing. That's the wonderful thing about make believe. So if 3yo wants to be a Jedi with a clone blaster, that's ok. Or if they both want to be Indiana Jones, that's ok. They don't usually go for it so then I tell them if they can't compromise and agree they don't have to play with each other. Of course, that's not as much fun so they usually figure things out one way or another.

Did I tell you that my insurance company did not pay for even my first u/s? They won't pay for them unless they are "medically necessary". I talked to the doc about that last week because I was worried. He said it shouldn't be a problem because I am currently considered high risk because of my age and history. Someone used the code for normal pregnancy when filing with the insurance. They are going to refile using the high risk code. I sure hope it works or I'll have to pay for at least 4 u/ses myself at $150-200 each. If they won't pay, I'm hoping I can go to the naval hospital for the scans from now on.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 12-15-2010, 07:39 AM

MW I sure hope they do; coding is so important when filing insurance! I wonder why they used normal pregnancy, when there are codes for high risk, elderly multigravida (I really don't like that term) and I think there is one for history of miscarriage.

I need to go to the doctor I think, this rash is driving me crazy and is only getting worse.

On a weird note, my temp was up (way up) this morning - 97.8 chart here and FF is pinning O at cd 40. if that is the case, then no chance of pregnancy this cycle. I am leaning towards following CF more than BBT and saying cd 44 (then there is a chance). That is to say IF I O'd. which I am not sure about.  the weird thing is, the day I had the big temp dip is the day my rash started. I have read online some weird cases where women get that PUPP rash in the first trimester. But this seems like it would be really rare. Anyway.. I really should go see the doctor, maybe tomorrow morning.

the onsite nurse at work thought it was shingles or viral. It isn't shingles. they aren't pustules, and they come and go. no scabbing, and no pain. Just lots of itching.

Anyway. JJ, have you tested since your 2 day AF? just curious.  I have several friends that didn't know they were pregnant until the 2nd trimester because they thought they were getting AF.

I agree with parenting playing a huge role. My sister and I aren't close, but I chalk that up to personality. that and my mom didn't really encourage closeness when we were younger, at least not until I was a teenager and mostly she needed me to babysit.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 12-15-2010, 07:46 AM

Ugh the insurance headaches suck. The office where my friend works and I've been getting all my bloodwork done has been filing all my stuff under the infertility testing code...my insurance does not cover infertility testing so they are denying all the claims. Good grief! It hopefully won't be a huge hassle but they are having to refile everything.

I had my progesterone and TSH tested again yesterday. My progesterone is 40.9 so the Prometrium is definitely working. My friend thinks it is still a good idea to continue it until I am out of the first trimester. I'll talk to my OB about it on Friday but I will probably do that. Or maybe start tapering off of it. My TSH is still way to high and that has me stressed out. I knew that it would be high because I feel like crap and now I'm mad that my endocrinologist was not more aggressive with increasing my meds last month when it was so high. My main concern is that that low thyroid function during pregnancy can affect the brain development of the baby. So we'll be having a talk at my appointment on Friday. My TSH needs to get drastically reduced.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 12-15-2010, 08:04 AM

Katrina- whoa! I might believe you actually O'ed if you actually had bd'ed just before because it looks like you had an "implantation" dip there....but what the heck, I dunno! I would say you didn't ovulate. Then there's the rash---it could be your temps are off from that! Ahh. How frustrating! In the future anytime you have a decent O dip like that (day 40) and EWCF, get BUSY!!!

Babycakes--her name sounds familiar. I used Valerie Pasqua-Masback for our homebirth when we lived in NJ---loved her so much! 

MW- I hope they cover them! That would suck if they didn't!

Kismet--bummer!! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 12-15-2010, 08:38 AM

I really have no idea about anything, but it is driving me crazy. need to focus on work to take my mind off of it, but that is hard when al I want to do is itch! at least whatever it is doesn't seem to be contagious!

as far as O or whatver, the BD timing makes no sense for pregnancy when FF says I O'd. so I too am going with annovulatory for now. and LOL we need to get way busier next cycle! whenever that is.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:27 PM

Add me to the need to get more busy list. I totally just wanted into the living and looked at DH and said. "hmph. Today was supposed to be a sex day". He giggled, looked at me and was like "obviously that's not happening". le sigh. I got out of bed half an hour ago, dinners in the oven, and I have to leave for work in three hours. Oh, and I have an exam to study for. I'm not holding out a lot of hope. lol. It's sad to think i'll be pretty much writing off this entire month.

As for testing, I haven't. I keep going to, and then thinking 'oh i'll just wait until tomorrow and see if my temps even out'. The things that keeps me saying no is that I had a three day temp drop right before AF- which is typical for me. It's weird because my CF looks kind of normal, but my temps are all out of whack, and even before my midnights started. FF gave me crosshairs for 3 days ago, which I think is a joke. That only gives me three days below the CL, and I had EW this morning. AND the three temps FF is using to confirm o are all open circles. Sometimes that program makes me laugh. I really should start checking CP though, to see if it lines up with either of my temps or cf. Based on counting alone, I should o tomorrow or the next day. I guess we'll see what happens with my CF tonight/tomorrow.

Pregnancy is one thing that makes me so glad to live in Canada. It's so easy to take for granted all the expenses being taken care of, and I'm lucky enough to be in a province where midwifery is fully funded as well. I can't imagine having to pay out of pocket for every ultrasound, or test, or simple visit. I'll keep my fingers crossed the insurance works out for you guys!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 12-16-2010, 05:21 AM

JJ - DH does the same thing sometimes! it is uber annoying. And if he does, um, give in, it is that much harder to really get into it.  here is hoping you get to catch up on your busi-ness soon!

Not that it matters for conception at this point, but last night may have been a DTD night, but DS was so extremely fussy. and he isn't usually. I gave up on laying him in the crib (normally he STTN there) because he would only sleep 30 min max in there and then wake up screaming. hopefully today is a better day.

MW how are you doing? you've been pretty quiet.

AFM: after not itching or seeing any active rash for nearly all of of yesterday, this morning my feet are on fire. it is now the soles and the tops of my feet. Ugh. Oh and my temp is way up again today. This is very weird.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:57 AM

Katrina---that is so bizarre! That sounds like more than an allergy! Did you get any vaccinations lately or new meds?? 

AFM- Big O is today, right on time according to how it's been over the last year! Turns out that dip a few days ago was not it. Very dark + OPK last night and then another big dip this morning. We've got great timing so maybe, just maybe, we'll have a 9/10/11 due date! Wouldn't that be neat! OF course the baby will be almost a week early like my others but it's still a neat due date! 

What is the consensus about taking baths while conceiving (for the woman, I mean)? I took a bath a few days ago and DH found out and was like "you killed any sperm waiting in there for ovulation!" We've bd'ed again since then but what's the deal...it's a myth, right? The bath was too too hot, just hot enough to enjoy! shrug.gif

Old 12-16-2010, 09:58 AM

Since we have only a bathtub really big enough for DS, I have no idea. I think it would be ok - I mean I don't really think water really goes up . . .there? - iykwim. and since you've DTD since, I think it is fine really.

It does seem allergy like. no new meds, foods, detergents, vitamins, anything. Actually now that I have been thinking about it, it is worst when I am hungry or haven't eaten in a while. like first thing in the morning and late at night. As soon as I eat something, it seems to subside a little. *sigh* so hoping this is one of those this too shall pass things.

FX you catch this cycle! 9/10/11 would be a cool due date. I am thinking I would go post dates,I really doubt I would go early, but that is just my hunch. If I keep cycling like this, I could have a 11/11/11 due date if I caught next cycle.  anyway, enough day dreaming, I need to get back to work! LOL

Old 12-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Katrina--GL with that rash. I've had some weird rashes over the years and the Drs never seem to be able to figure out what they are. . .so I always just wind up waiting for them to go away on their own. 

Kindermama--Yay for O!  Hope you catch that egg!

AFM: nada.  No more spotting, or cramps or nothing. If I go back to my normal cycles then I expect AF on Sat (the day DS and I fly for the holidays oh joy). But I'm wondering if maybe I didn't O when I thought I did? But man all the signs were there with EMCM and good CP.  I did start temping again the past two days b/c it's just driving me crazy. They have seemed like post-O temps to me (I.e. on the high-side), but I'm not sure exactly how reliable the temps are since we co-sleep and I BF throughout the night.  I do an OPK and a HPT most days, b/c its something to do (LOL), bu they are always BFN.

Happy holidays everyone!

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Old 12-17-2010, 05:44 AM

Kismet, all that testing would drive me crazy, I am a testing pansy. BUT it helps some people stay sane, so if it works for you, then . . . . I find, so long as I get about 3 hours of sleep right before I temp, the results seem to be reliable. We no longer co sleep every night, but there are nights that we do. (my mother thinks this is a bad idea, I just roll my eyes. I room shared with my parents until nearly age 4, and didn't come back in their bed except when I had nightmares. How are you feeling otherwise?

The weird rash seems to be gone. It has been gone since I ate lunch yesterday, so nearly 24 hours itch free! so weird and random.

I am not sure when to expect AF honestly, as I am not sure if I agree with FF O date. If I weren't temping, and going solely on CM, I would say day 43 or 44.  another possibility, but really my CM was scant by then, was the day of the big temp dip, which was 46 I think.  That is to say, IF I O'd. If I didn't, AF can arrive whenever she feels like it really.

I think I will still test Christmas Eve or Christmas Day if she doesn't arrive by then. Having a test in the house makes me want to test!

MW, Carrie, Lyterae, Annie, etc how ar all of you doing?

JJ - are you waiting to O? I think Kinder maybe be unofficially in the TWW. 

hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:46 AM

akind1: glad the rash seems to be gone! That would drive me crazy! I had a bad rash due to an allergy to an antibiotic I had to take back in May and it was awful. My legs were so itchy and burning!

kismetbaby: hope you get an answer one way or the other soon!

AFM: had my second appt yesterday afternoon. OB tried to hear the heartbeat with the doppler but wasn't able to find it. I'm going back in two weeks for him to try again. He said if he can't find it then, he'll send me across the street to the hospital for an ultrasound to check on the baby. I'm not overly concerned, especially since I was only 9w3d and I have a retroverted uterus but it definitely brought back memories of my last pg and trying to find the heartbeat and not being able to. I've been repeating the mantra "Every pregnancy is different and my baby is fine." I'm mostly disappointed that we didn't hear the heartbeat because I wanted to tell the kids and my family next week during Christmas celebrations. We're not comfortable telling until we hear or see the heartbeat again. So we'll have to wait until around New Year's.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 12-17-2010, 08:55 AM

Hey, everyone. Even though I've posted twice since the first time, I'm still not getting email notifications. I knew you guys couldn't all be silent for 3 days! LOL

katrina ~ Have you ever seen the show, Monsters Inside Me? It's about parasites that invade the human body. I remember one where a couple had a rash that came and went for years. They never paid much attention to it because it always went away after a few days, but every few months or so it would come back. Finally, the woman went to the doctor for something and found out they had both gotten a parasite. Can't remember what it was. The rash was caused by the periodic times when the parasite would move closer to the skin. Eeeeeeeeeeeew! Just thought I'd totally freak you out.

Kinder ~ Good luck. I think baths are ok as long as they aren't too hot, not over 100 degrees F. The issue is whether it can raise your internal temp enough to kill sperm or hurt the baby not water getting up there, I don't think. If you sweat and/or your skin turns pink, it's too hot. It's also recommended that you don't stay in the bath for more than 15 minutes. I avoid baths when I'm TTC or pg because I can only stand very, very hot baths. I've been wanting a hot bath so badly lately. I so wish I could have one.

Annie ~ 9w is early to hear the heartbeat with a doppler. I think it's even iffy at 10w. 12w is the time when you should be able to hear it for sure. That's what I've read, at least, when looking at renting or buying my own to use at home.

JJ ~ I could get insurance that covers everything without any deductibles or copays but then I wouldn't have a choice a where I go or who I see or when. I can also go to the naval hospital and get all of this stuff done for free but I choose not to because I like to have a choice about who I get my care from. I'd rather pay some money so that I can control my care. I am considering switching to the other insurance if mine doesn't cover my homebirth midwife but only if I'm guaranteed to get into the naval hospital and only because there is no way I would give birth at the local civilian hospital here. Then I could get dual care with the midwife and at the MTF and it won't cost me any extra. And, if for some reason I have to go to a hospital for the birth, I can go to the MTF without any problems. Insurance isn't the problem when it comes to covering midwives. The state laws are the problem.

My dh got home Wednesday night. It hasn't been much of a reunion yet because he's had to work every day. Plus, he had to go in at midnight last night to wait for the last of his guys. Since he had to be at work at 6 am, he just stayed the night there. I haven't seen or talked to him yet today.

My boys gave him the card I got with the poem and u/s pic in it. He reacted pretty well, I think. He wasn't overjoyed but he wasn't angry or upset. 6yo ds told him I'm 3 weeks. Trying to get me in trouble. LOL DH said it's good that I'm almost 8 weeks. I don't know if he really thinks that or was just saying it for my benefit. He was on the computer last night looking up boy names and he said he wants to go to my next u/s if he can. So, things are good overall.

Oh, on calling the baby a girl. I did that with ds3 and you see how well that worked out. hehe The Chinese gender chart says boy so we shall see. If I get a NT scan, we might be able to find out then whether it's a boy or girl. I didn't find out when I was pg with ds2 or 3 but I want to know with this one. I want to know ahead of time if I can start ordering girly yarn colorways.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 12-17-2010, 09:09 AM

MW: Glad your DH is home and that he took the news of the baby relatively well! You made me nervous being so quiet the last couple of days!

Old 12-17-2010, 09:23 AM

Thanks, Annie. Finally! I got an email notification of a new post on here. I wasn't getting them for any of the threads I was subscribed to, even ones I started.

I've been meaning to say something about manifesting your destiny. I can't remember who it was, I think maybe Kinder, who said she was talking to her dh about how I and a few others on here had manifested what we wanted and the dh said that was a bunch of phooey. He used the argument about drug addicts getting pg without wanting it. I wanted to say that you (whomever it was who posted that) could tell your dh that maybe that's the universe doing what it can to try to save those people. I know that getting pg with ds1 saved my life. I was doing a lot of really crazy, very dangerous things at that time in my life. Getting pg made me change all of that. If I hadn't gotten pg, I would probably be dead now. If I weren't dead, I'd probably be strung out on the streets or in jail. Sadly, it doesn't always work but maybe that's what it's about. smile.gif

Old 12-17-2010, 09:31 AM

i am dying over here. what is the longest lp you ever had? i dont ever remember mine being this long.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/300c9b 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies!
Mw, that is a wonderful response from ur dh! I'm so glad he is taking an active role. Ugh names, don't get me started. Dh vetoes all my name suggestions. So frustrating!

Annie, I agree that's early to hear the hb with a doppler. I'm uneasy telling before hearing the hb too...

Afm, oh the nausea! I'm hanging on by a thread. It's a struggle, and I feel guilty bc I want to be excited and bouncing around but I feel like such crap. I knew this was coming and I still feel a bit blindsided by it.
Other wise, I'm ok. I'm nervous bc i know family is going to know on christmas but it's so early I'm afraid at the same time. I'm trying to just think positive. Ill be 6w5d only on christmas day. Even if I could get in somewhere to have an u/s before them, would there be a visible hb so early? Mw, how far were u for that first u/s?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-17-2010, 10:15 AM

lioness, 14 or so I think.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:16 AM

Lioness- Wow! Hope this means something good! That is a long LP so far!

MW- Awesome news about your DH! That was my DH talking about manifesting your destiny being a joke. I still believe :) It seems that that is how the universe works but there are always surprises that come along which tend to be for the best in the end. It can't always go our way, you know! And, yeah, this is no way us ladies could be perfectly quiet for 3 days over here!

Babycakes- hang in there! Does your MS typically last long? With one baby, I had it from 6-16 weeks--I actually thought it would never let up!

Annie- yeah that is way early for a HB via doppler! Soon you'll hear it! :) 

AFM- I'm putting myself officially in the 2WW. lurk.gif I'm 9dpo on Christmas Day and plan to start testing then. Wouldn't that be a great present! 

okay Dh just said there is a bat in the house---gotta run!

ok, seriously! we have a dead bat in the middle of the entryway downstairs...we can't figure out where it came from. Weird! It just "showed up" right dead-center on the entryway rug...wth!  we have a cat but he doesn't have any access to the outdoors and he didn't even go near it once we noticed it. We put him near it and he just walked away! Ew! He's ugly as heck! 

Old 12-17-2010, 12:58 PM

MW: glad your DH took it so well! and I think it is good news he wants to be more involved with the prenatal stuff too.

Annie, I think that is early to hear a hb with the doppler. fx you are able to next time!

Old 12-17-2010, 01:00 PM

Kinder, that is a yucky Christmas gift! (the bat I mean)

fx you get a BFP for Christmas!

Old 12-17-2010, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Last time it let up by 14-15 weeks, but it didn't start until 8 weeks. This is so early!! So annoying!!

Old 12-17-2010, 01:45 PM

Lioness: You can't confirm O with those temps.

MW: Glad your DH took it well!

Kinder: Seriously?  A bat?  That's pretty creepy!

And I keep having trouble w/my notifications.  irked.gif

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 12-17-2010, 02:18 PM

Lioness ~ I agree with Shannon. You can't confirm O. In any event, others' lp length is irrelevant to you. Only your regular lp length is relevant. Anything from 10-17 (Or maybe even 18. Is it 18 days or more than 18 days that means probable pg?) days is within normal.

Aw, don't be hatin' bats. They are so cool! We have some that fly around our neighborhood and I get so excited when we see them.

Carrie ~ I know what you mean. It's hard to be excited when you feel bad. My nausea seems to be letting up some...maybe. I'll go for a while feeling ok, which actually starts to make me nervous, and then suddenly it hits me and I just feel awful. I couldn't finish bringing in the groceries today because I felt so awful. I just brought in the stuff that needed to go in the fridge and left the rest in the car for ds1 or dh to get. If I'm not nauseated, I'm starving. I went to sleep starving last night because I was too tried to get up and get something to eat. I woke up around 4 am starving and couldn't get back to sleep. I finally made myself get up at 5 and ate an apple. After that I was eventually able to fall back to sleep and didn't wake up until quarter after 9.

I need to ask my dh how he feels about the baby. It's driving me crazy. He's acting like he thinks it's a good thing but that's contrary to what he said last time we talked. I'm confused and need to know what he really thinks. Maybe he really has decided it's not such a bad thing. It would be so nice if he were really excited with me.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:41 PM

Ok for real?

?i=4123982&

shrug.gif

I mean I know that my temps are all off because of the midnights, but really? I'm still getting the same amount of sleep, and it's good sleep! I'm so confused. This will be a day counting month waiting for AF I think. Day 15-16 is almost always my o day, and I had some cramping yesterday, so it probably is, it just doesn't look like it.

Tonight it my last night of midnights before a 4 day off work break, and I am feeling it. I am so tired today, even though I slept solid for 8 hours, and I haven't been tired at all while I'm working. I think I'm just sick of the messed up schedule.

Good news-- I'm leaving in half an hour to go pick up some barely used diapers I'm buying from someone. That's always exciting. DH laughs at me, ubt I love building a stash. If we can't get pregnant yet, at least I feel like I'm still doing something.

Also funny, I woke up today to DH standing over me going "there's an envelope in the mailbox with pregnancy tests in it. Is there something I should know?" I was so out of it and had no idea what he was talking about. After coaxing some details out of him, it turns out there's an online friend that was going to mail me some tests last year and never got around to it, and she just finally mailed them. It was so nice to get, because I've been toying with buying some online, and keep giving up and going back to dollarama. yay for free tests!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 12-18-2010, 05:43 AM

yay for free tests! I had a friend who did the same when we were TTC DS. I have "met" some great people online.

FF moved my O day to cd 48. I really think, esp now that my temps are still way up, that it should be cd 46. that was when the big dip was. and that means I might have slightly within the realm of possiblity ok BD timing. It also makes way more sense with the CM pattern. ugh. whatever! what will be, will be, no matter how I play with FF settings!

MW: live bats are kind of cool. a dead one in your house: creepy. Guys change their minds about stuff all the time, especially now that a new baby is a reality and not just a possibility, could definitely affect his change of heart. If your other boys seem excited, that may also help.

re: manifesting whatnot, I really think we can affect things this way. However, things do happen that we don't manifest. As far as the drug addicts, etc,  I don't know that they are focused on manifesting anything (could be wrong), I sincerely doubt a lot of them are focusing on NOT being/getting pregnant. I think generally things happen as they happen, but we have the free will to exert our desires and often can affect how things play out.  I have been trying very hard to focus on manifesting a healthy pregnancy and baby, which I think even if it doesn't happen this cycle, is a good thing to focus on until we do get pregnant. I would to be able to manifest a really full bank account! LOL

Carrie, just try to remember that M/S is a good thing, generally speaking, a good indicator of a sticky bean. And there is a little brother or sister for Nora on the other end of all that!

JJ - fx today is O day!

Old 12-18-2010, 07:42 AM

i dont understand why you cant confirm o with my temps. there is a clear shift. i had o pains. that confirms it for me....

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.

User Tag List