The December "Whatever" Thread! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 437 Old 12-04-2010, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok ladies, we are into December! 

Lets see some more bfps or at least some casual attitudes towards getting them! 

According to my chart I'm 12 dpo and still no sign of the evil witch.  I'm happy that at least my lp is hanging in there!  I haven't tested and I'm not going to until AF is officially late, but I don't have any hope.  Or at least I'm not admitting that I do, lol.  

?i=4096062&

Where is everyone else at?  How are our preggos?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#2 of 437 Old 12-04-2010, 03:38 PM

Not a prego, but I'm... hanging in there. I'm feeling very angry these past couple days. Not just at not being pregnant, but at the fact that my body can't seem to make up its mind. My AF has been the same since I first started-- heavy on day 1, then med, light light, and then usually just spotting.  Now these past few months my LP has been going from 10-14 days with no rhyme or reason, and the last two months my AF has been insanely light. Which would seem good, but it makes you wonder what's going on inside, you know?

I heard a song last night that the first verse just hit me, one of those where you're like -wow! they get it! lol. I'll try to post it later if I remember.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#3 of 437 Old 12-04-2010, 04:18 PM

Carrie - I think I'd be going crazy without the use of temperatures to let me know when AF was or was not coming... You are a strong woman to be staying away from your thermometer! Fingers crossed for you!

JJ - I'm thinking of you.

AFM - Here to stalk all you ladies! I'm almost 29 weeks now, B. was born at just under 38 weeks so I quite possibly have less than 10 weeks to go! 

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#4 of 437 Old 12-04-2010, 04:25 PM

Hope this is it Babycakes!

My chart went "triphasic" a few days ago but I really think AF is on her way. I'm actually pretty okay with it!  The next time I'm 10 dpo is Christmas day! I can't decide if that is a good or bad thing. I don't know if I want to feel let down around Christmastime! 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#5 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 04:35 AM

Kinder, it may not be a let down! think positive!

Carrie, sending ++++ vibes your way! when is AF late? Monday?

Lyterae, great to hear from you, cannot believe you are so far into your pregnancy already! do you know if the new one is pink or blue, or are you waiting that out?

MW - how are you doing?

AFM: CD 39, FF predicts O for Friday, so need to get BD'ing!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#6 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 05:09 AM

Hey, everyone. Just found the new thread.

JJ ~ hug2.gif

Carrie ~ Hang in there. You might just be pleasantly surprised.

I was

Kinder ~ Looks good.

Katrina ~ Here's to O happening soon.

AFM, I'm not sure how I'm feeling. I thought I was getting over this cold but then yesterday I felt so sick. I couldn't do much of anything except lay on the couch. We had a winter weather advisory last night, which was strange. Just a few days ago it was 74 degrees and now it's freezing. I think I might be getting pregnancy nausea but I'm afraid to commit. LOL It's so mild I'm not sure it's there. Also, since I got used to being sick every day from the metformin I take, I'm not sure this feeling is any different. I may be having some food aversions, but again, that's not completely unusual for me so I don't know if it's pg related. I go through periods where I cannot stomach eating any kind of meat. The other night I tried to eat a chicken breast and could not choke it down. Just the thought of it was gross. So I'm having a bit of a hard time finding things to eat.

Last night a strange thing happened to me. I found these chewable prenatal vitamins by Bellybar. I was excited because I have a hard time swallowing pills, especially the large prenatals. I took them, along with some of my other pills, for the first time last night. OMG! They tasted so nasty! LOL Anyway, maybe 30 minutes or so later I felt really awful, weak, nauseous and dizzy. Those feelings lasted the rest of the night. Even when I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I couldn't stand up or walk straight because I was dizzy. The room was literally spinning. I don't know if that was from the vitamins or just a pg thing or because I didn't eat much yesterday. I had a few episodes like that when I was pg with ds3 but I think they happened later. It was a bit scary. I feel ok this morning.

I hope this doesn't sound like complaining because it's not. If I don't feel good because I'm pg, I welcome it. It's reassurance that I'm still pg and the baby is most likely doing well. I want to feel bad. wild.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#7 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

MW - It doesn't sound a bit like complaining!  It sounds wonderful! joy.gif Though, I am sorry if it's uncomfortable!  Just the reassurance must be very nice to have!

Katrina - I think for me AF is technically already late, but I'm going to wait it out.  I'm 13 dpo, and I've only had 1 14 day lp since starting to chart again.  She's really technically late if she's a no show by tomorrow night.  That would be my longest lp ever, officially or unofficially.

I woke up this morning and was soooo tempted to test.  But I didn't.  I just knew AF was going to show as soon as I peed.  But, I peed, checked, and nothing.  So...I wait.  I'm just trying to keep busy.

Still having pretty typical af-like cramps though, like I do every time, and really sore bbs, so I'm waffling b/w getting excited and feeling let down.  Then I try to focus on Christmas, my cute outfit I'm going to wear,  wine, and vacation, and it helps a little!  I just need SOMETHING to look fwd to! 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#8 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 08:57 AM

AF is here. I'm so okay with it....I have no cramps, no migraines and I'm just grateful to have pain-free periods for the 3rd month in a row (for the first time in my menstruating life) thanks to chiropractic care!!! AF doesn't feel so bad when I know I ovulate 11 days from today. Just more waiting I guess!

ETA: oh well. AF is not here after all. I guess its just spotting but with the temp dip (I forgot to adjust for time---2 hours too early)...I'm sure she'll be here tomorrow!

MW- the same thing happened when I took those vitamins. I was so nauseous & dizzy over the next 12 hours that I thought..oh wow, I've got to be pregnant! Nope, just the vitamins! I have always been sensitive to multi-vitamins but DH insisted I take prenatals while TTC. So I got the chewable thinking it would help. Nope! I was so dizzy that I had to sit back down at one point! 

Babycakes~ GL!!!

#9 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 12:40 PM

fingersx.gif Carrie.

Kinder ~ You've got a great attitude.

That's interesting about your experience with these prenatals. I was thinking of splitting them up and taking one in the morning and one at night to see if that made a difference. Now I'm thinking I won't take them again at all. I wonder if it's ok if I miss my prenatal for a day or two. I have folic acid I can take.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#10 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

OMG you guys, am I really going to make it to 14dpo??  I haven't had a 14 day lp since July!!  OMGOMGOMG.  UGH.  My hopes are way up now.  Chris is trying to get me to test tmw morning.  But idk.  I'd rather see af than see a giant blaring bfn.  UGHGHG.  Send me some zen ladies!! 

#11 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 05:50 PM

*hugs* I don't envy that position. What's your temp tonight? I know it's not the same as your AM temp, but I can tell generally whether my temp has dropped or not based on my evening temp as well. If it's still up, I'd say test tomorrow morning! If it's dropped, I might wait. I hate those bfn's. They hurt. But it's ahrd at this point because it all hurts-- by getting to 13dpo you start getting your hopes way way up, and everything is emotional. But then sometimes it also seems that much more cruel if AF does come.   But alas, I say temp then test!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#12 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I have no temps to compare it to, but it's pretty low.  97.  What do you think?  I might just wait and see now. greensad.gif

#13 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 06:04 PM

wait! wait until Tuesday am!!!! hope this is your month!

#14 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 06:05 PM

If it were ME, which it's not, I would probably wait another day then. I'm cheap like that, and would prefer to save the test. And that way, if you are, then you just get to be that much more excited tomorrow when AF doesn't show, and you'll feel a lot more confident taking the test. Plus, if it's going to be positive, it'll be even MORE positive on Tuesday. But do you have something to keep your mind occupied tonight? Because that's another factor. And at 13dpo, if you're going to get a positive, you should be able to get it even tonight, right?

#15 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm, I just took it again and it was 98.2.  I think temping at night is bogus!  Especially since I have nothing to compare it to.  And it's a different therm from the past 6 cycles.  Aye!!!

IDK about wasting the tests.  I have a whole bunch.  Digis, DTs, FRERs.  The whole kit and caboodle.  Sigh.

I have the Christmas tree to keep me occupied.  And DD.  Hmm.  Not much else.  I'm obsessing over these cramps.  They feel like AF and I keep checking and nothing.  Just sticky/creamy.  CP still HFC.  UGHUGHUGH.

While I'm obsessing, I've fallen asleep almost every night this week putting DD to bed which is strange.  And on Friday at work I was so tired I layed down on my bed in my room and closed my eyes.  My coworker asked if I was pg.  I said, no I feel af coming, there's no way.  UHGHGHG!  What if???

And I didn't even think about chocolate this week.  Hmm.

#16 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Ahhh! I can almost feel what you're feeling. I mean JJ's right....

either way, have you held your pee to take one tonight?? If you have and decide to do it, I'll hang online to celebrate or commiserate with you!

#17 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

I've been peeing so much all day!!  I have pee...but I can't tonight.  I just can't.  I feel like I held out this long I can wait for FMU.  Ukwim?

#18 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

fingersx.gif Carrie.

Kinder ~ You've got a great attitude.

That's interesting about your experience with these prenatals. I was thinking of splitting them up and taking one in the morning and one at night to see if that made a difference. Now I'm thinking I won't take them again at all. I wonder if it's ok if I miss my prenatal for a day or two. I have folic acid I can take.

it must be okay because I hardly ever took mine in any of my pregnancies. It made me feel so ill. I just took folic acid and iron separately!

#19 of 437 Old 12-05-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I've been peeing so much all day!!  I have pee...but I can't tonight.  I just can't.  I feel like I held out this long I can wait for FMU.  Ukwim?

True! Okay okay! I'll check in the am then! :)

#20 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 05:07 AM

lurk.gif

Thanks, kinder.

#21 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Ummm....Guys?!! OMGOMGOMGOMG!!

DSC00814.jpg?t=1291641772

I haven't even told DH yet, he's at the gym.  I was shaking so bad when I saw the line come up on the DT I couldn't even take a picture!! OMG!!  I did the answer and backed it up with a digi.

I'M PREGNANT!!!!

AHAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

LionessMom likes this.

#22 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 05:39 AM

OMG, Carrie! Congratulations! joy.gif

#23 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 AM

YAY Baby_Cakes!!!! jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

Congrats mama!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#24 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 06:27 AM

joy.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gif

YAY!!!!! Your dream came true!! Now go change your sigi, Girl!!!!! Go figure the month you ditch the temps you get pregnant!!! SO so happy for you!

#25 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 06:31 AM

Carrie!! I logged in this morning just to stalk you, those are beautiful lines! Congratulations!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#26 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

OMG!  I still can't believe it!  Am I dreaming?!?  Srsly!?

Thanks ladies - you guys are the best!  

I told DH - I got him good! He came home from the gym and I acted like nothing was up.  He went to the bathroom, came out and said, "So...anything?"  And I just put on a straight face and gave him a big hug.  He sighed.  He thought it was a bfn.  I pulled back after a minute and said, "Nora's going to be a big sister..." with a little smile.  His jaw dropped, he started to tear up, and he held me so tight!  

I didn't even plan that!  It just unfolded! OMG best reaction ever though!

ok off to change my siggy! 

#27 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 08:20 AM

BIG Congrats!  

I have been stalking this thread until I get my first PPAF and am THRILLED for your family!

What a wonderful way to start the week!

#28 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 08:42 AM

yay for BFP!!!!

i swear i o'ed on the 1st or second. my temps have been consistently higher. i had o pain, have lower back pain, nausea, ovarian cyst pain (like little stabs every 5 min), cramping (but it feels more like bh than af cramping kwim?), and vomiting at least once a day. if i did o, i would be 6dpo today. i went and bought 4 tests. how ever am i going to wait till 10dpo to test?? lol.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#29 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 09:01 AM

Just a lurker here (actively avoiding!) but I just found out a regular at my work is expecting her 3rd and then I log in here and see this. It's a world gone baby crazy! :)

Congrats baby_cakes! I'm so excited for you. And jealous.

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#30 of 437 Old 12-06-2010, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, lurkers are coming out!  Hi guys!!

My housework is sooooo not even getting done today. I can't sit still!!  OMG.

Anyway, I just want to tell you all still hoping to hang in there.  B/c I was so in your shoes last night and I"m still in utter shock.  I thought for sure it just was not going to happen for a long time. I wonder if giving up some of the control helped me calm down enough?  Idk, maybe it was the fact that dd weaned?  There's no way to know.  

I do know (this goes out to you JJ) that waiting for dark lines is worth it.  As sucky as it was trying to get thru this week not testing, it is great not to have to squint, tilt, or tweak a test to see the line.  I also tested knowing that if it was neg there was no 2nd guessing.  And I was ok with it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page