I'm So Confused - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2011, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been looking around the interweb and I've seen that I am definitely not the only women with this problem.

I got my Mirena through Washington University in St. Louis, MO in April 2010, just before my 19 birthday. I thought it was a god-sent being that I have no insurance and this costs nothing at all. Everything was going very well. My period became lighter, which to me was amazing. The only problem I had/have with it is the intense cramping and horrible pain in my low belly. It happened on my birthday while I was on a date with my boyfriend and I nearly collapsed in the middle on the mall because of all the pain. I went to the doctor and she said that everything was fine.

About a year before I started taking my first form of birth control, Levora (the pill). I started with that in May 2009, right after my 18 birthday through Planned Parenthood. I kept up with it pretty well but I still ended up pregnant in June. That August I miscarried.

Now, on December 12, 2010, I fear that I had another miscarriage. I still had light spotting when my period was due. A few days after my November period I was using the restroom and when I wiped there was a mass of bloodied tissue there. Immediately I started crying. I had been having the pregnant feeling for weeks but I just assumed it was my mind playing tricks on me being that I want a baby so badly. And now, I think I am pregnant again and I have no idea what to do. I constantly eat, mostly either really sweet stuff or spicy stuff, mainly spicy. I sleep constantly. Just today I slept 13 hours, woke up at noon, it is now 8:30pm and I am exhausted. My moods have been changing constantly too. My boyfriend has been commenting a lot that I am warmer than usual and that my breasts are bigger, and they are much more tender than usual. I get this really weird feeling in my belly that I can only describe as light, where it feels like nothing is there. I'm either yelling, crying or some weird form of neutral. And now my period has been missing for a little over a week.

I'm afraid to take a HPT since every other post I have read about taking them while on birth control, they come out negative. I don't think I can handle another miscarriage.

I regret ever getting Mirena but now there is nothing I can do about. I've also heard that many women have trouble getting pregnant after they get Mirena taken out. I plan to get it removed but being that I've moved towards Chicago and my free doctor is in St. Louis I'm afraid I'll have to wait until my next appointment in April.

I have absolutely no idea what to do, please help!

-Ami

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 AM

*hugs*  I know the feeling of wanting a baby so badly. I was 2 weeks late this cycle and even though the HPTs said negative, i still cried when AF arrived this weekend (and we're not trying for a baby!)

It sounds like you could be- from the symptoms. And if that's the case, you want to find out and get good prenatal care for your little one. I think you need to find out ASAP. I don't know much about the mirena but I wouldn't think it was good to have it in if you are pregnant. Call your local Planned Parenthood and tell them the situation. They would be able to advise you on the next step and what to do.

Good luck!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 PM

The Mirena will not affect an HPT. If you think you are pregnant, you should test. Good luck!

User Tag List