Wanting But Waiting Tribe - 2011 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 505 Old 04-18-2011, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just an update from me. AF arrived so that's one less worry, though I will admit it was a little disappointing. Things are moving along with the house, less than two weeks till we close now if everything goes well. I'm going to be really glad when April is over. It's been a stressful month. 

Wife to a wonderful man, not a mommy yet but looking forward to when we are ready. 
"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." Loretta Young
#302 of 505 Old 04-21-2011, 04:39 PM

Hi all! So I am definitely wanting but waiting...I am 31 and have a beautiful 5 year old daughter from a previous less than successful marriage. I am currently engaged to a wonderful fella and we would love to start trying right after we get married! Our problem is I work full time and I'm working on my Masters degree and he is in school full time.I don't want my kiddos to be sooo far apart in age they don't really grow up together :( And I think we could swing it scheduling wise. Honestly it would be easier with an infant because his schedule is flexible and my work schedule is pretty flexible, but neither of us has insurance. I don't make enough money yet to buy personal health insurance with maternity benefits and I make too much to receive any assistance, but I don't really want to go that route anyway because I may not be able to go to the hospital I delivered DD at anyway and I love that place. I also just lost my OB/GYN I've been seeing forever and delivered my daughter who I adored and trusted. I kind of feel like it's an uphill battle. So I am really wanting and am forced to wait...

#303 of 505 Old 04-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibpTon View Post

Hi all! So I am definitely wanting but waiting...I am 31 and have a beautiful 5 year old daughter from a previous less than successful marriage. I am currently engaged to a wonderful fella and we would love to start trying right after we get married! Our problem is I work full time and I'm working on my Masters degree and he is in school full time.I don't want my kiddos to be sooo far apart in age they don't really grow up together :( And I think we could swing it scheduling wise. Honestly it would be easier with an infant because his schedule is flexible and my work schedule is pretty flexible, but neither of us has insurance. I don't make enough money yet to buy personal health insurance with maternity benefits and I make too much to receive any assistance, but I don't really want to go that route anyway because I may not be able to go to the hospital I delivered DD at anyway and I love that place. I also just lost my OB/GYN I've been seeing forever and delivered my daughter who I adored and trusted. I kind of feel like it's an uphill battle. So I am really wanting and am forced to wait...

Welcome aboard here!

We are in a similar situation..with me having one year left for my BSN and DH with 1-2 years left in his program. We also have a 4 yo, so I understand the age gap issue.  We are going to start trying this Fall though, which would lead to a delivery after graduation some time, depending on how long it takes to actually make a baby.

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#304 of 505 Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 AM

Welcome!

Update for me: Health insurance still not official so I still haven't gotten the IUD checked out..the bleeding has stopped for now and I haven't had any pain since after that week or so. One of the strings definately feels longer than the other (way longer) so I think it slipped out of place and hopefully not to point where it is dangerous...

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#305 of 505 Old 04-25-2011, 12:00 PM

Just checking in to say hi to everyone.  wave.gif

Today my DD (26 mos.) is wearing panties to daycare for the first time.  She's ready.  I'm not.  Her teacher encouraged it. happytears.gif Times like this I'm so torn between wanting a baby now, wanting to wait...I am LOVING having just a toddler, but some days I'm longing to be pregnant too.  Maybe the mixed feelings are a sign that I'm not reallyreally ready. 

sosureal, that's a little scary about your IUD.  How soon can you get it checked?

#306 of 505 Old 04-25-2011, 02:05 PM

Just popping in.

Had a dentist's appointment this afternoon. It wasn't bad, but I think next time I'll try it without the gas, my head is still spinning. Things are dragging on with the house and we may need to extend our closing date. Which is a pain because we were hoping to be moved by the end of next month. Ah well, on the upside I just placed an order with my favorite soap seller on Etsy.

I hope everyone is doing well, and that your weather is less crazy then what we've been having. I swear if I hear one more tornado warning siren I'll go nuts.

Wife to a wonderful man, not a mommy yet but looking forward to when we are ready. 
"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." Loretta Young
#307 of 505 Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 PM

Hey everybody! Glad to see you are all hanging around here!  I should be ovulating within the next couple days, and totally have the longing to try feelings.  I told Ds he better just stay away from me or I'll try to convince him to make a stupid choice!

#308 of 505 Old 04-26-2011, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sorry, I've been MIA, too.  I hope everyone is doing well! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibpTon View Post

Welcome!  flowersforyou.gif

#309 of 505 Old 04-26-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator-mom View Post

Hey everybody! Glad to see you are all hanging around here!  I should be ovulating within the next couple days, and totally have the longing to try feelings.  I told Ds he better just stay away from me or I'll try to convince him to make a stupid choice!

Ok, just realized I said 'Ds' when I meant DH!  Aaah..sorry for any weirdness there!

#310 of 505 Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM

I know how you feel, Gator-mom.  I gave in to that temptation last week.  Now I have really sore breasts that are bigger and feel differently, plus I'm really tired, and have a weird appetite (I feel pukey if I get too hungry and if I get too full).  So....yeah.  Still too early to take an hpt.  

#311 of 505 Old 04-26-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesshrehor View Post

I know how you feel, Gator-mom.  I gave in to that temptation last week.  Now I have really sore breasts that are bigger and feel differently, plus I'm really tired, and have a weird appetite (I feel pukey if I get too hungry and if I get too full).  So....yeah.  Still too early to take an hpt.  

Uh oh!  Well, you will have to keep us posted ;).

I have not given in yet.  Well last night we dtd, but I made DH wear a condom..lol.  I think the fact that this would result in a baby being delivered in my very last semester of several years working up to this point is keeping scared enough to not give in!  It's only a few more months and I definitely feel it will be worth the wait to make sure I am ALL done with my schooling and can focus on a new baby without worrying about having to drop out in my last semester!

#312 of 505 Old 04-26-2011, 08:05 PM

I'll keep you posted.  I'm pretty sure I am pregnant, but want to confirm with the hpt.  My waiting was self-imposed more than anything.  If I were in your situation I'd be more motivated to wait, too.  :-) 

Quote:

Uh oh!  Well, you will have to keep us posted ;).

I have not given in yet.  Well last night we dtd, but I made DH wear a condom..lol.  I think the fact that this would result in a baby being delivered in my very last semester of several years working up to this point is keeping scared enough to not give in!  It's only a few more months and I definitely feel it will be worth the wait to make sure I am ALL done with my schooling and can focus on a new baby without worrying about having to drop out in my last semester!

#313 of 505 Old 04-27-2011, 08:39 AM

Hello dear mamas,

I haven't posted or read this thread in what seems like forever (I'm probably more than 100 posts behind) so excuse me if I'm a little behind.

I wanted to post because we've definitely had some changes to the "waiting" part of the "Wanting but Waiting" status....!!!!!

We were DTD last week and although we had a condom right near by, there was so much emotional love present that both my husband and I had a FEELING that we were going to, and that we were supposed to, make a baby! jaw2.gifSo we did it...sex without birth control, during my ovulation period! I was kind of shocked afterwards, because I have been over-analyzing and obsessively planning when the perfect time to have our next baby would be. But I think that if I had allowed that decision to remain on that intellectual plane, I would have never gotten the guts to do it, especially because my first pregnancy was an oops and finding out I was pregnant at that time was a negative experience.

So I just surrendered because it felt right. It was so beautiful because afterwards DH and I just laid there and I cried a little bit (in a good way) and told him how long it took me to get to that point, and shared my worries, fears, and excitements with him, and he was so receptive and comforting. It felt so wonderful. So for all of you that advised me that having sex when you are TTC is a beautiful, emotional experience....you are more than right.

It is too soon to take a pregnancy test, but I am pretty sure I am pregnant! I was convinced that we made a baby in the moment, and since then I've been feeling "twingy" feelings down there....

I will keep you all posted! luxlove.gif

Mothering my sweet preschool boy luxlove.gif and my new arrival bfinfant.gif

#314 of 505 Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 AM

How exciting and special, youngspiritmom! That sounds like a wonderful way to make a new baby. Sending you lots of sticky baby vibes. hug.gif

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#315 of 505 Old 04-27-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngspiritmom View Post

Hello dear mamas,

I haven't posted or read this thread in what seems like forever (I'm probably more than 100 posts behind) so excuse me if I'm a little behind.

I wanted to post because we've definitely had some changes to the "waiting" part of the "Wanting but Waiting" status....!!!!!

We were DTD last week and although we had a condom right near by, there was so much emotional love present that both my husband and I had a FEELING that we were going to, and that we were supposed to, make a baby! jaw2.gifSo we did it...sex without birth control, during my ovulation period! I was kind of shocked afterwards, because I have been over-analyzing and obsessively planning when the perfect time to have our next baby would be. But I think that if I had allowed that decision to remain on that intellectual plane, I would have never gotten the guts to do it, especially because my first pregnancy was an oops and finding out I was pregnant at that time was a negative experience.

So I just surrendered because it felt right. It was so beautiful because afterwards DH and I just laid there and I cried a little bit (in a good way) and told him how long it took me to get to that point, and shared my worries, fears, and excitements with him, and he was so receptive and comforting. It felt so wonderful. So for all of you that advised me that having sex when you are TTC is a beautiful, emotional experience....you are more than right.

It is too soon to take a pregnancy test, but I am pretty sure I am pregnant! I was convinced that we made a baby in the moment, and since then I've been feeling "twingy" feelings down there....

This brought tears to my eyes.  I had the same experience when we TTC for the first time.  The first (and only) time I KNEW I was ovulating, I told DH before we DTD and we both kind of decided to go with it.  Two weeks later - BFP!!!  The experience of trying to make a baby and knowing it was a real possibility after trying NOT to for more than 9 years was just incredible.  It was also REALLY hot lol! We both cried a little after and it is amazing that I know exactly when my daughter was conceived and the exact circumstances. Congratulations and good luck!

As for me, I am still waiting (sort of) since my fertility has not returned - I am 12m PP.  I thought this week that perhaps AF was coming, but nope. It's totally fine and I don't really mind, it's just a little discouraging not knowing when I will be physically able to conceive.  I have a feeling it won't be until I nightwean DD - which I plan to do last, so at least another year or more.  But hey, you never know, maybe I will be one of those ladies who gets pregnant before AF returns.  I bought a lot of super cheap hpt off Amazon (25 for $5 free shipping) and anytime I feel anything I poas. 

Happy fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIF, delayed/selective vaxxing, WOHM to DD1 4/10 diaper.gif, DD2 8/12 babygirl.gif and partner/wife for thirteen years to SAHD DHsuperhero.gif.  

#316 of 505 Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM

Hi all,

I'm really wanting a 4th and waiting to make the decision... waiting to find my way around the decision?  toward the right decision?  something like that.  I want a 4th baby and I also think I must be nuts.  Financially, we are doing so-so; DH is open to the idea but scared. I am scared too.  But then again, I tend to over-think, tend to worry way too much about what other people think, and worry too much about the future...  etc., etc.,.  Our first two are 6 and 5 dds, and both were "oopsies", two amazing gifts because if it were up to me, I don't think I could have ever made the decision!  Once they were here and I made it through some really hard time (severe postpartum depression with the first), deciding to our ds was easy - we discovered that we were made for having kids!!!  Now, the thing holding us back is worry about money, worry about living space (we have a smallish 3 bedroom townhouse), and worries (on my part mostly) about "what other people will think".  Because it looks like stupidity to keep having children when "life is so expensive"!  My MIL said, after we told the, we are having #3, don't you know how much it costs to raise a child??  And I wondered, aren't you glad your parents didn't decide having you would be too expensive?  But that type of argument doesn't hold much water anyway...  SO!  I'm waiting to... live into a decision...  I can't let it be an "oopsie" because I felt like such a victim for so long when that happened with my daughters and I CAN'T do that ever again...  But making a decision that will affect our lives forever is just so daunting!  And it will affect not just my life and DH's but my other children's...  

Agnieszka wife to Kevin, Kalina (Jan 7, 2005), Tosia (June 4, 2006) , and baby Emmett (Dec 27, 2009)
#317 of 505 Old 04-29-2011, 12:50 PM

I think it's normal to be scared about making the decision to bring another life into the world no matter how many times you have or haven't done it before.  Families with more than two children used to be a lot more normal than they are today (my mom is 1 of 4 and my dad is 1 of 5).  My husband and I are talking about having four kids, too.  We're just getting started, but we like the idea of a bigger family rather than a smaller one.  I don't really know how to put why we want that into words without sounding silly, so I won't really try.  But, you're not the only one who thinks four is a good number of children to have.  Is there something you can do to make your financial situation better?  Pay off some debt or change your buying habits?  Would something along those line ease your mind on the financial front?  I know we're working to get out of debt and are making progress.  Being totally debt free is still a few years away at our current rate, but most of it will conceivably be paid off in the next year or so.  The part that will take the longest is paying off my student loans.  But, even getting some of our debt paid off has made us feel better financially.  That makes the prospect of being pregnant and paying for all that comes with that seem a little less daunting right now.  

As far as what your MIL thinks...maybe spend less time with her if possible?  It sounds like she may be a negative influence in your life and nobody needs more negativity.  At the very least, try not to let her get into your head.  Easier said than done, I know.  But having people around that make you feel like you're crazy for wanting a child aren't helpful.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_Agnieszka View Post

Hi all,

I'm really wanting a 4th and waiting to make the decision... waiting to find my way around the decision?  toward the right decision?  something like that.  I want a 4th baby and I also think I must be nuts.  Financially, we are doing so-so; DH is open to the idea but scared. I am scared too.  But then again, I tend to over-think, tend to worry way too much about what other people think, and worry too much about the future...  etc., etc.,.  Our first two are 6 and 5 dds, and both were "oopsies", two amazing gifts because if it were up to me, I don't think I could have ever made the decision!  Once they were here and I made it through some really hard time (severe postpartum depression with the first), deciding to our ds was easy - we discovered that we were made for having kids!!!  Now, the thing holding us back is worry about money, worry about living space (we have a smallish 3 bedroom townhouse), and worries (on my part mostly) about "what other people will think".  Because it looks like stupidity to keep having children when "life is so expensive"!  My MIL said, after we told the, we are having #3, don't you know how much it costs to raise a child??  And I wondered, aren't you glad your parents didn't decide having you would be too expensive?  But that type of argument doesn't hold much water anyway...  SO!  I'm waiting to... live into a decision...  I can't let it be an "oopsie" because I felt like such a victim for so long when that happened with my daughters and I CAN'T do that ever again...  But making a decision that will affect our lives forever is just so daunting!  And it will affect not just my life and DH's but my other children's...  

#318 of 505 Old 04-29-2011, 12:55 PM

I just have to say that I'm not very good at patiently waiting when I want something to happen.  I really think I'm pregnant, but I want to know for sure right now!  I took an HPT yesterday and it was negative, but yesterday was only 10 days post-o.  My period's not due until Tuesday, so it's pretty early to be expecting a positive reading.  I have two more tests, so I figured I'd space them out a bit and do one tomorrow, and if it's still negative, one on Monday.  Then we'll wait and see if anything happens on Tuesday.  Usually I know a day or two before my period starts that it's coming because my temp dips lower than the rest of my LP temps.  So, I'll probably know by Monday if I'm likely to start on Tuesday.  The only time that hasn't happened was when I had a fever, so the temps were no good anyway.

Also, I went ahead and used the promo code that mothering.com sent out for the baby sling, just in case.  

Okay...I just needed to get that out.

youngspiritmom likes this.
#319 of 505 Old 04-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesshrehor View Post

I just have to say that I'm not very good at patiently waiting when I want something to happen.  I really think I'm pregnant, but I want to know for sure right now!  I took an HPT yesterday and it was negative, but yesterday was only 10 days post-o.  My period's not due until Tuesday, so it's pretty early to be expecting a positive reading.  I have two more tests, so I figured I'd space them out a bit and do one tomorrow, and if it's still negative, one on Monday.  Then we'll wait and see if anything happens on Tuesday.  Usually I know a day or two before my period starts that it's coming because my temp dips lower than the rest of my LP temps.  So, I'll probably know by Monday if I'm likely to start on Tuesday.  The only time that hasn't happened was when I had a fever, so the temps were no good anyway.

Also, I went ahead and used the promo code that mothering.com sent out for the baby sling, just in case.  

Okay...I just needed to get that out.

LOL.  Confessions are always welcome here! 

#320 of 505 Old 04-29-2011, 02:41 PM

Hi, I just found this whole community and am super excited about all the info and experiences here!  I don't know all the acronyms yet so please excuse me if I don't quite fit in right away :)

I have been thinking about babies for awhile but I am in nursing school till December.  I just turned 29 this month.  We will be having our 3 year anniversary soon, and people always ask us when we are going to have kids.  In the past we always replied that we are going to wait till I am done with school, but my husband just turned to me the other day and said, "you know you graduate in less than 9 months now!"  We aren't trying yet though.  I'll probably be taking boards in February.  We may even decide to wait till I pass boards and get hired somewhere to start trying.  But I am definitely thinking about it more and more!

#321 of 505 Old 05-01-2011, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngspiritmom View Post

...It is too soon to take a pregnancy test, but I am pretty sure I am pregnant! I was convinced that we made a baby in the moment, and since then I've been feeling "twingy" feelings down there....

Baby dust your way!  I'm excited to read your update.  smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_Agnieszka View Post

Hi all,

I wish you the best in making this decision. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollieberry View Post

Hi, I just found this whole community and am super excited about all the info and experiences here!  I don't know all the acronyms yet so please excuse me if I don't quite fit in right away :)

I have been thinking about babies for awhile but I am in nursing school till December.  I just turned 29 this month.  We will be having our 3 year anniversary soon, and people always ask us when we are going to have kids.  In the past we always replied that we are going to wait till I am done with school, but my husband just turned to me the other day and said, "you know you graduate in less than 9 months now!"  We aren't trying yet though.  I'll probably be taking boards in February.  We may even decide to wait till I pass boards and get hired somewhere to start trying.  But I am definitely thinking about it more and more!

Welcome!  flowersforyou.gif  Do you to be in any specific category or should I put you under "A Little Bit Longer"? 

#322 of 505 Old 05-01-2011, 11:32 AM

Wanting, but waiting hopefully until Mid July to Late August.. OR indefinitely... IF DH can find work before July, we'd like another. If he doesn't, obviously we'll be waiting indefinitely. :(  Keeping my fingers crossed and praying that we can conceive soon enough to have a SPRING 2012 baby!

#323 of 505 Old 05-01-2011, 12:45 PM

So, AF came for her visit today. I was hoping she'd stay away for a while.
#324 of 505 Old 05-01-2011, 04:13 PM

So today I went to a Yoga for Fertility workshop.  It was a really great experience and very relaxing.  I am going to start going every other week.  I highly suggest it to anyone who is wanting but waiting to get their body happy and healthy!

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

#325 of 505 Old 05-01-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhicitta3 View Post

So today I went to a Yoga for Fertility workshop.  It was a really great experience and very relaxing.  I am going to start going every other week.  I highly suggest it to anyone who is wanting but waiting to get their body happy and healthy!

That sounds really great!  I have never heard of yoga for fertility.  Was it just saying to do yoga, or are you taking classes specifically for fertility?

#326 of 505 Old 05-02-2011, 09:06 AM

Yes there are poses that are specific to fertility!

Quote:

That sounds really great!  I have never heard of yoga for fertility.  Was it just saying to do yoga, or are you taking classes specifically for fertility?

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

#327 of 505 Old 05-02-2011, 04:08 PM

Hay everyone. Just popping in to say hello. I'm still around and kicking. Things are going slowly with the house buying, hit something of a wall dealing with the mortgage broker. On top of that I've had either a horrible cold or bad allergies or maybe a mix of both. I'm feeling better though and I have good feelings about May. 

#328 of 505 Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorriJ View Post

Hay everyone. Just popping in to say hello. I'm still around and kicking. Things are going slowly with the house buying, hit something of a wall dealing with the mortgage broker. On top of that I've had either a horrible cold or bad allergies or maybe a mix of both. I'm feeling better though and I have good feelings about May. 

Sorry the house buying is going so slow ...I'm sure it's a nightmare these days..

AFM:  I have officially made it through one more ovulation cycle without making any big mistakes!  Only four more to go!

#329 of 505 Old 05-02-2011, 08:11 PM
JMJ

I'm still on this roller coaster as well.  Really, I don't have much to say, but it's nice to read all the things that you ladies are doing to get ready.

#330 of 505 Old 05-03-2011, 02:40 AM

hello ladies. a little TMI read on if you're ok with it...

DH and i were planning on waiting until august to TTC but something got the better of us this month.  we did the BD the saturday and sunday night and i thought that i had already O'd so i didn't object.  strange thing is that yesterday i had some EWCM - is that strange esp. given that AF is due tomorrow?! 

thoughts? i am starting to feel like i want it so bad that i am looking for signs!

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page