Wanting But Waiting Tribe - 2011 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 505 Old 08-10-2011, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks Gator-mom! Sometimes I wish I'd gotten a surprise like that a couple years ago just so I wouldn't be making this decision now. And I love surprises! ROTFLMAO.gif

Congrats tellmemore!!!!!

#422 of 505 Old 08-10-2011, 11:05 AM

The worst part of waiting for me is that right now I'm obsessed with pregnancy, birth and parenting and spend a lot of time reading forums and articles and researching but it's not really something I can share with anyone in real life because no one wants to hear what I MIGHT do someday. Also I'm afraid I'll lose interest in the next 8 months, it's happened before. I start to doubt myself as a potential mother or life just turns upside down. I like to have something to look forward to but I don't have a lot going on right now and waiting to try is not very satisfying, LOL.

What about you ladies?

#423 of 505 Old 08-10-2011, 11:44 AM

Hello all!!

My son is 14mo old(still nursing) and I am starting to get the "itch". My sister just had her baby a month ago and every time I hold her, it makes it worse! ugh.  So, I just started my own business when my son was 6mo old so I am soo busy with that and working every day. Until I can afford to hire someone, I plan to wait for #3. I am thinking 2012. Seems soo far away! But I do have 4 yrs between my dd and ds and I love it. I just keep reminding myself that it will be worth the wait!! haha  Anyway, I would love to join ya'll. And of course I will be obsessing with the TTC threads. It was nice not having the crazy, obsessive desire for awhile. Feels like it's creeping back!dizzy.gif

DH and I are using condoms to prevent. What are my chances of a pregnancy from perfect use?? lol.gif  Here we goo..weeeeeEEEEEE!!!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#424 of 505 Old 08-11-2011, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator-mom View Post

Well we had the talk about what we are going to do now a couple of nights ago.  While DH says he still wants to have another baby, he still doesn't feel ready yet :(.  I'm bummed because I've been waiting for at least two years until I felt like I was out of the scary period at school..which I am now.  As of this month, if I get pregnant right now, my due date would be AFTER my classes end.  DH won't give me a time period..he just says he has to tell me when he feels ready.  So that is also sort of a bummer as I have no idea what we are in for.  I do agree with him though that we need to make sure that we are both on a good page together though before plunging into this big decision.  It just sucks that I'm so baby hungry!.  I feel like I've been waiting for years to make sure that a baby wouldn't interfere with school, and as of this month, we are now officially out of the scary period.  If I got pg right now, the baby would be due AFTER my classes end.  Plus, Ds turned 4 in March and the age gap is getting bigger and bigger all the time.  Anyway, I'll keep you all posted....

I hope your husband "comes around" for you soon and/or that you are at least at peace with the time frame he chooses.  hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJJ View Post

Oh this is the perfect thread, can I join in?

It's hard to find a place for someone who is "wanting but waiting", I'm so glad I found you all!

My name is Heather and DH and I have been married 3 years next week (how did time fly by so fast??) and 8 years together next May. We live at the beach in Ventura County in Southern California and we are in love with it. We went through some rough financial times before we got here and things are much more stable now so while we have considered having a child before it was never a good time. Although at this point I realize it never will be perfect timing, DH works nights as a bartender an hour away and also is starting school full-time to be a pilot and I work from home a lot but spend many lonely nights by myself while he is working plus we aren't as financially stable as I would like but we have a lot of expenses helping my Mom out and trying but failing miserably at saving money.

I can't believe we are at the age now where people are telling us to get started, I'm 30 this year and DH just turned 31. MIL and even my Mom have said, "Just do it already". But they're right, we wanted to start many times but it was never the "right" time and here we are, 3 years later and it still isn't but we'll have to make it work. We have basically decided to start next April, by then we will hopefully have some money saved and we'll have a better idea of what school will be like for him and he will be able to get most of it out of the way and maybe my Mom won't be so dependent on us. Plus we are looking forward to a road trip we have planned across the US from CA to FL to visit his grandparents and stop for some fun in New Orleans, LA where I have been dying to go for the last 20 years!

But even though we have so much to look forward to it feels so far away sometimes and I wonder if something else will happen that will make us push back our date again. And who knows, we may have trouble conceiving, lord knows I probably should have been pregnant at some point or another in my adolescent days but it never happened, I'm hoping I was just a very lucky girl. In the meantime I will try to enjoy being where I am and just learn everything I can so I can be as prepared as possible when the time comes.

Thanks for reading, I'm so glad I have a place to be now. love.gif

Welcome!  flowersforyou.gif

I hope you enjoy the time you have together prior to a baby and that your wait is short.  wink1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmemore View Post

Wanted to update here! I'm pregnant! Baby #3 arriving in our home sometime in April joy.gif

Congrats!  joy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwright View Post

Hello all!!

My son is 14mo old(still nursing) and I am starting to get the "itch". My sister just had her baby a month ago and every time I hold her, it makes it worse! ugh.  So, I just started my own business when my son was 6mo old so I am soo busy with that and working every day. Until I can afford to hire someone, I plan to wait for #3. I am thinking 2012. Seems soo far away! But I do have 4 yrs between my dd and ds and I love it. I just keep reminding myself that it will be worth the wait!! haha  Anyway, I would love to join ya'll. And of course I will be obsessing with the TTC threads. It was nice not having the crazy, obsessive desire for awhile. Feels like it's creeping back!dizzy.gif

DH and I are using condoms to prevent. What are my chances of a pregnancy from perfect use?? lol.gif  Here we goo..weeeeeEEEEEE!!!!

Congrats on starting your own business; that's exciting.

#425 of 505 Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 PM

I registered and posted a long time ago and then never made it back.

My husband and I are recently married and are currently using the Creighton method (cervical fluid only). We are switching to FAM and I will start using that on my upcoming cycle. I like the charting a lot better as well as the added signs. My one question is on the temperature. I like to hit the snooze button. Does it matter if I wait until I'm actually getting out of bed, or do I need to take it as soon as my alarm goes off the first time?

#426 of 505 Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicGirl View Post

I registered and posted a long time ago and then never made it back.

My husband and I are recently married and are currently using the Creighton method (cervical fluid only). We are switching to FAM and I will start using that on my upcoming cycle. I like the charting a lot better as well as the added signs. My one question is on the temperature. I like to hit the snooze button. Does it matter if I wait until I'm actually getting out of bed, or do I need to take it as soon as my alarm goes off the first time?

It's best to take it when you first wake up before you get out of bed.  It's also preferable to take it at the same time every day.  When I'm diligent about it, I set an alarm, stick the thermometer in my mouth wait for the beep, turn it off and go back to sleep.  Then, later I can turn it back on and see what my earlier temp was.  When I do this, I set it really early, like 5:00 am, because when I'm in school there are days that I get up that early for my clinicals..so that way it stays consistent.  BUT this summer I've been lazy so I have been doing it when I wake up, which has not been the same time every day.  If you are using Fertility Friend, they can usually make sense of your chart even if you are not perfect.  So it depends on how exact you want to know your O date.  When I was last TTC I wanted to know EXACTLY when I O'd so I was a lot more strict about it then.  Now, I just want an approximate idea of it and I just avoid a certain window that I know I usually O during.

Also:  Just an ETA, DH had I had some more discussion about this and while he still didn't give me an exact time line, he did say that if we can get through something like 2 months and manage to talk about some of our touchy subjects and do it in a 'grown-up' way without letting our emotions take hold and run a muck then he will definitely be interested putting it back on the table then.  So in the mean time we are trying some things to help us stay in a positive mind set and focus on seeing each others perspective more clearly.

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#427 of 505 Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwright View Post

Alas, your chance of getting pregnant during a year of perfect condom use is only 2%. That's great news for everyone happily relying on them for birth control, not so great if you're hoping for an oops.

#428 of 505 Old 08-12-2011, 05:54 PM

Thanks Mulvah!  Now that we know we want another baby, it a matter of when.  I'm a teacher and of course there isn't a "perfect" time.  Just remembering the 4 months of morning sickness with both of the girls.  The bathroom is a long walk (or run) down the hall. smile.gif  Of course it's all worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post

I definitely understand how getting your period (when you thought you were pregnant) makes you realize you really want to be pregnant.  I hope your wait is short.  flowersforyou.gif

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#429 of 505 Old 08-12-2011, 05:55 PM

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmemore View Post

Wanted to update here! I'm pregnant! Baby #3 arriving in our home sometime in April joy.gif

#430 of 505 Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

How do you know when you're ready for another?  I know financially there's no way in heck unless DH stays in the military... and the fact that my fertility hasn't officially resumed since my son was born in December.  For just a few days though I had this deep craving for a daughter.  It was worse than the baby fever I had when TTC our son!!  I know its a stupid idea right now but it wasn't logical.  I have such a long list of cons to having a second baby right now but the big giant pro of getting to experience that miracle all over again just gets me somewhere that logic doesn't reach.  I was even mildly disappointed when a hpt came back negative the other day after some really odd symptoms.  How do you ladies do this!?  I've never been stuck in the middle of TTA while wanting to TTC!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#431 of 505 Old 08-15-2011, 08:12 AM

For me, WifeofAnt, I started feeling ready both when Ds became more independent and I didn't need to baby him so much and also when I started seeing an end to my schooling coming near!  My urge came on strong last year about this time when I started thinking that I could aim for a summer baby in between semesters.  It was really strong in the beginning, however as my classes went on, I started thinking how hard this would be to do with a newborn and that feeling subsided a little.  So I guess the thing for me is when I have ample amounts of challenge in my life, a baby feels impossible.  But when I feel more relaxed and better able to dole out more care to others, I feel like I am ready to welcome another LO into my life!  For me, the finances are just a side thought.  There will never be as much money as you want in this world.  And the way I figure; a newborn is only as expensive as you make it.  If you WANT TO, you can break the bank with a newborn by buying all of the cutsie stuff out there for everything you need and don't need.  If it's just about having this new miracle in your life though, and you don't care about name brand clothes and diapers, ect. a newborn is relatively cheap.

Also, another ETA for me..

So things have been really great between DH and I.  We've been seeing a therapist the past couple of weeks and just a few minor things like telling each other three things we appreciate about each other every night before bed and making sure we incorporate 'date time' that involves lots of cuddling and we are like a whole new couple!  So DH told me a few days ago that he's feeling a lot more ready in a short amount of time just because we've been doing so well together.  I feel good about it too.  If we keep up our tricks I think this can definitely be a long term change for us.  ANYWAY...so I'm 99% sure that I'm fertile right now as we speak and I am very likely ovulating today and DH knows this AND we DTD last night!  So I don't know if this means we are officially TTC or if he was just really feeling it last night ONLY, but I feel good about it either way.  I'm going with the flow. smile.gif

#432 of 505 Old 08-16-2011, 02:49 PM

so happy to find this thread!

I've been lurking on MDC for a while, but basically never posted, it just felt weird as someone who has never been pregnant and wasn't planning to be for quite a while. I've had baby fever off and on for a very long time, but just recently we decided on a time frame for doing something about it! joy.gif

I'll run out of NuvaRings in December and we have no plans to replace them. winky.gif so i guess that makes us TTC starting in January!

great to meet you all, being part of this is going to help me with patience, i hope!

hippie.gifwannabe and treehugger.gif married to one of the same.

Our household includes: DH(40), me(32), B. the musk turtle (13), P. the brown tabby (9), and F. the beagle mix (6)

#433 of 505 Old 08-16-2011, 04:42 PM

I'm back to wanting another one for next summer. We're thinking of trying to conceive during my October fertile period. I think it's for real this time. Eeek! 

#434 of 505 Old 08-17-2011, 12:28 PM

tulgey: So happy for you!

Hannah32:  That is very exciting!

Gator-Mom:  That sounds very hopeful!  It sounds like a good "flow" to go with. :)

dust.gif

We're going with the flow over here too.  DH said he "kind of" wants a third baby.  That's progress.  That's more than not wanting one at all. wink1.gif  We have two daughters and he said he'd like to have a boy.  We talked about how it's amazing to make decisions now that will effect all of us for the rest of our lives.  We keep thinking about the girls and their family, how we're creating this life for them.  So all in all, we decided to see what happens and welcome a third baby into our lives!  Not trying-trying but not avoiding either.  It's a good place to be.

#435 of 505 Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Add me to the list.  We have 2:  our oldest is 5 1/2, and the youngest is almost 14 months.  We've been thinking about whether or not to have one more, and have decided that late 2011 or early 2012 will be the best time.  I hope it won't interfere with DS2's BFing, but honestly, he doesn't BF as much as DS1 did, so I don't think it'll be a problem.  I would like to get pregnant in time to tell our family on our family cruise in January!  Wouldn't that be fun!?  

I love the age difference between DS1 & 2, but we decided that since we're getting older, and honestly I don't want to be taking care of babies my whole life, so it's best to go ahead and have the last one so we can get it over with and through the diapers and crying more quickly. 

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#436 of 505 Old 08-18-2011, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

I'm officially coming out as pregnant.  

I do not mind continuing this thread, but if someone else would like to take over, please feel free to start a new thread and we can link it from this thread.  smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator-mom View Post

Also, another ETA for me..

So things have been really great between DH and I.  We've been seeing a therapist the past couple of weeks and just a few minor things like telling each other three things we appreciate about each other every night before bed and making sure we incorporate 'date time' that involves lots of cuddling and we are like a whole new couple!  So DH told me a few days ago that he's feeling a lot more ready in a short amount of time just because we've been doing so well together.  I feel good about it too.  If we keep up our tricks I think this can definitely be a long term change for us.  ANYWAY...so I'm 99% sure that I'm fertile right now as we speak and I am very likely ovulating today and DH knows this AND we DTD last night!  So I don't know if this means we are officially TTC or if he was just really feeling it last night ONLY, but I feel good about it either way.  I'm going with the flow. smile.gif

I love the idea of saying three things you appreciate about the other person.  smile.gif  It sounds like something that would be good for any marriage or partnership; I may steal it.  I am glad all of the changes are working out for you both.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulgey View Post

so happy to find this thread!

I've been lurking on MDC for a while, but basically never posted, it just felt weird as someone who has never been pregnant and wasn't planning to be for quite a while. I've had baby fever off and on for a very long time, but just recently we decided on a time frame for doing something about it! joy.gif

I'll run out of NuvaRings in December and we have no plans to replace them. winky.gif so i guess that makes us TTC starting in January!

great to meet you all, being part of this is going to help me with patience, i hope!

Wow, that's only a few short months away.  How exciting!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah32 View Post

I'm back to wanting another one for next summer. We're thinking of trying to conceive during my October fertile period. I think it's for real this time. Eeek! 

Exciting!  I've moved you to October.  dust.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenStar View Post

We're going with the flow over here too.  DH said he "kind of" wants a third baby.  That's progress.  That's more than not wanting one at all. wink1.gif  We have two daughters and he said he'd like to have a boy.  We talked about how it's amazing to make decisions now that will effect all of us for the rest of our lives.  We keep thinking about the girls and their family, how we're creating this life for them.  So all in all, we decided to see what happens and welcome a third baby into our lives!  Not trying-trying but not avoiding either.  It's a good place to be.

I hope your NTNP time is short.  I'm excited for you!  dust.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaliina View Post

Add me to the list.  We have 2:  our oldest is 5 1/2, and the youngest is almost 14 months.  We've been thinking about whether or not to have one more, and have decided that late 2011 or early 2012 will be the best time.  I hope it won't interfere with DS2's BFing, but honestly, he doesn't BF as much as DS1 did, so I don't think it'll be a problem.  I would like to get pregnant in time to tell our family on our family cruise in January!  Wouldn't that be fun!?  

I love the age difference between DS1 & 2, but we decided that since we're getting older, and honestly I don't want to be taking care of babies my whole life, so it's best to go ahead and have the last one so we can get it over with and through the diapers and crying more quickly. 

Where are you going on a cruise (if you don't mind sharing)?  That would be a fun place to share your good news with family! 

#437 of 505 Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 PM

Congrats Muvah!!!  joy.gif

#438 of 505 Old 08-19-2011, 12:48 PM

So happy for you Mulvah!biggrinbounce.gif

#439 of 505 Old 08-19-2011, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Thanks.  We're going to the Bahamas in January with my parents and DH's out of Baltimore on Royal Carribbean.  Kids, too.  I was looking at a calendar, and to avoid clashing with other birthdays, we may want to get pregnant in January rather than December, in which case maybe we'll announce that we're officialy ttc on the cruise.  How romantic a place to ttc!  :

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#440 of 505 Old 08-23-2011, 02:36 PM

yay! congratulations Mulvah! orngbiggrin.gif

hippie.gifwannabe and treehugger.gif married to one of the same.

Our household includes: DH(40), me(32), B. the musk turtle (13), P. the brown tabby (9), and F. the beagle mix (6)

#441 of 505 Old 08-25-2011, 01:26 AM

Warning: some info may be descriptive, regarding sex/birth control methods.

Hi all. I'm new to this thread. My question is....does anyone here ever have a careless "oops!" in your birth control (meaning, you didn't use birth control, like condoms), and it's partially because you both are "wanting" a baby, but technically waiting???? And the second question is, how do you then handle the stress of the 2WW? Because it involves excitement, since you 'want", but then also the knowledge that you won't then try next month if it's a BFN. And it also involves a small amount of shame, like, "what was I thinking?!?!? I am so irresponsible." So basically, it's so many emotions at once, that I don't know how to handle!

I suppose hubby and I are "wanting but waiting," though sometimes I "want" more than other times, if that makes sense. So I wouldn't say I want a baby every month. Sometimes the urge to start our family is so strong! But other times, my logical side kicks in, and I KNOW we have financial and health obstacles that make me say, "wow, I'm glad I'm not pregnant right now...that would be so stressful."

ANYWAYS.....that said, we had an "oops!" this month, on the night transitioning from CD11 to CD12 (so technically CD12). I have a 26-27 day cycle, but I'm not sure when I ovulate. I think I had some of the fertile CM on CD13. Looking back, I might have had fertile CM when we had sex too. If I had to guess, I'd say I ovulated on CD14. So we probably had sex 48 hours before ovulation.

Now I am 4 DPO, and just very nervous. I am not sure how I'm supposed to feel, because we always use either condoms or pull-out method, and I think this is probably the first time hubby has EVER came inside me when I was anywhere near ovulating. The closest we have ever cut it is probably CD8, so CD12 is really scaring me! Please no chastising, because as I said, we have both talked about it and are emotionally ready, and could technically provide the basics for a child.

But I was just wondering if anyone else on this thread ever cheats? I feel like I don't belong on the 2WW thread, because those women are trying, and I wasn't, right? Hmmm...on second thought, maybe that is where I belong?!

#442 of 505 Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Ladies!  smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaliina View Post

Thanks.  We're going to the Bahamas in January with my parents and DH's out of Baltimore on Royal Carribbean.  Kids, too.  I was looking at a calendar, and to avoid clashing with other birthdays, we may want to get pregnant in January rather than December, in which case maybe we'll announce that we're officialy ttc on the cruise.  How romantic a place to ttc!  :

No matter what you decide, I'm sure going to the Bahamas will be fun and romantic.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post

Warning: some info may be descriptive, regarding sex/birth control methods.

Hi all. I'm new to this thread. My question is....does anyone here ever have a careless "oops!" in your birth control (meaning, you didn't use birth control, like condoms), and it's partially because you both are "wanting" a baby, but technically waiting???? And the second question is, how do you then handle the stress of the 2WW? Because it involves excitement, since you 'want", but then also the knowledge that you won't then try next month if it's a BFN. And it also involves a small amount of shame, like, "what was I thinking?!?!? I am so irresponsible." So basically, it's so many emotions at once, that I don't know how to handle!

I suppose hubby and I are "wanting but waiting," though sometimes I "want" more than other times, if that makes sense. So I wouldn't say I want a baby every month. Sometimes the urge to start our family is so strong! But other times, my logical side kicks in, and I KNOW we have financial and health obstacles that make me say, "wow, I'm glad I'm not pregnant right now...that would be so stressful."

ANYWAYS.....that said, we had an "oops!" this month, on the night transitioning from CD11 to CD12 (so technically CD12). I have a 26-27 day cycle, but I'm not sure when I ovulate. I think I had some of the fertile CM on CD13. Looking back, I might have had fertile CM when we had sex too. If I had to guess, I'd say I ovulated on CD14. So we probably had sex 48 hours before ovulation.

Now I am 4 DPO, and just very nervous. I am not sure how I'm supposed to feel, because we always use either condoms or pull-out method, and I think this is probably the first time hubby has EVER came inside me when I was anywhere near ovulating. The closest we have ever cut it is probably CD8, so CD12 is really scaring me! Please no chastising, because as I said, we have both talked about it and are emotionally ready, and could technically provide the basics for a child.

But I was just wondering if anyone else on this thread ever cheats? I feel like I don't belong on the 2WW thread, because those women are trying, and I wasn't, right? Hmmm...on second thought, maybe that is where I belong?!

There are people who follow NTNP, which is not trying, not preventing.  Maybe that's something for you and your hubby to consider.  Unintentionally trying to conceive is a fun way to conceive (in my opinion) because it isn't filled with some of the same pressures TTC can involve.  

You're not supposed to feel a certain way.  smile.gif  Allow yourself to feel all of the emotions you're feeling.  Do not beat yourself up about it; it's normal to feel very emotional.  If you want to participate in the 2WW threads, I think you should participate.  There are plenty of people who are trying for a baby that feel a lot of the same or similar emotions you're feeling.  

I hope you get the result you want at the end of your 2WW.  flowersforyou.gif

#443 of 505 Old 08-26-2011, 05:16 PM

Thanks so much!!! :)

I did indeed start participating in the 2WW thread. I figure, I'm waiting, just like those ladies! Thanks for listening.

I guess we were NTNP, just for one night! Haha. I think my hubby actually was trying though! Now I am afraid to get near him! LOL. But seriously, it is nice to learn about that acronym, because it does describe what we will likely start doing once we feel a little more ready.

I do understand how difficult the WBW is....that is the zone we are in 99% of the time. It seems to go against nature, huh?!? The wanting is kind of what spurs the baby dancing.....sigh. Anyways, blessings to all.

#444 of 505 Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 PM

Haven't checked in here since we started actively TTC so thought I'd update sine I just found out we are pregnant! 10 DPO!

DH also got accepted into the college program he wanted and will be attending FT in a couple of weeks! (so we don't have to wait the extra year!!!) The baby will be due in May so IDK if he will actually have graduated just yet but we will just have to see how it all pans out.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#445 of 505 Old 08-27-2011, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

Haven't checked in here since we started actively TTC so thought I'd update sine I just found out we are pregnant! 10 DPO!

DH also got accepted into the college program he wanted and will be attending FT in a couple of weeks! (so we don't have to wait the extra year!!!) The baby will be due in May so IDK if he will actually have graduated just yet but we will just have to see how it all pans out.

Congrats!  joy.gif  A happy and healthy 9 months to you.  

#446 of 505 Old 08-28-2011, 04:58 AM

Thanks Mulvah!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#447 of 505 Old 08-29-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

congrats!!!  joy.gifjoy.gif

I also wanted to update..I don't have a BFP to share (yet) but we have officially decided to start trying.  We did not prevent last mo, so there is still a chance it has already happened (I haven't tested yet).  So if this mo did not bring us that dream baby, then we are at least actively working on it together now :)

Mulvah and sosurreal09 like this.

#448 of 505 Old 08-29-2011, 09:32 PM

Congrats Mulva and dust.gif Gator-Mom!!!

#449 of 505 Old 08-31-2011, 07:25 AM

Bobcat, my middle son was conceived on a day like that.  I think I was 3-4 days prior to ovulation and like you never risked it after about day 8 in prevous cycles.  That cycle, although we were not trying yet and wanted to wait about 8 more months had thought we would not be quite so strict and feel like normal people.  That month we conceived, lol.  It is an emotional time, thinking about kids.  Good luck this cycle, whatever it may bring. 

Mom to three great boys Michael (Sept/01), Carter (Nov/05) and Reid (March/10).

#450 of 505 Old 09-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Hello everyone!

I decided to start TTC for one month and now I'm back to waiting again.  In my whole life I have never been happier to get my period.  This has been a really confusing, emotionally taxing and physically painful cycle.  It's as if the Universe has things for me to do and lessons to learn before I can sustain a pregnancy and bring another life into this world.

I believe with all of my heart that one day we will have a third baby.  Now is just not the time.  Recently, I found out that I might have a hernia.  I'm also having pelvic floor issues, need to strengthen my core and may get physical therapy.  This all came to light in the past week.

My period was 5 days late.  I took 3 HPT (all were negative) and started having severe pain in my lower right side two days ago.  Today I went in for a blood test to make sure it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy.  So it's still a mystery what is causing the pain.  At least if I need surgery for the hernia, I know I'm not pregnant.  whew!  So that's my latest adventure.  Hopefully this next month will go more smoothly.  I just need to take care of myself for now and heal.  smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page