Wanting But Waiting Tribe - 2011 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

happy sunday ladies.  i turned 30 a few months ago and it seems like the brooding keeps getting worse!  i didn't even know that was possible!  we are waiting until august to ttc however, how do you all handle the brooding?  i am really wanting to knit some gender neutral items to put away - is that jinxing us or do you think it will calm my wanting/brooding?

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post

I didn't want to quote everyone that had the same thought/worry, but for those of you who are worried about whether you can get pregnant, did you always worry about it or is it a new fear?  Also, are you thinkers?  Or, over-thinkers?  wink1.gif   I ask because I've been thinking about this a lot and I wonder how we can separate the intuitive thoughts from the worries/fears.  I also wonder why some worry about this and some don't.

This is a relatively recent fear of mine.  My husband and I started talking about our future family while we were still dating, years and years ago, so I feel like we've been wanting but waiting for so long.  It wasn't until about three years ago -- when we had talked about the next few years and knew that an engagement and wedding were on the horizon -- that I finally allowed myself to start diving into baby research.  I found blogs and message boards, and learned so much about fertility, pregnancy, and parenting that I hadn't thought about before.  As a planner (and yes, over-thinker) the internet has been a gold mine and I'm constantly learning new things, and bookmarking websites that I'll want to reference later when I'm in a different stage (pregnant, or breastfeeding, or potty training, or whatever). 

I also found a heck of a lot of proof, via personal blogs and fertility message boards, that made me realize that there are no guarantees when it comes to fertility.  I also have enough life experience to let me know that I can plan as much as I like, but there are always going to be things that crop up that I didn't plan for.  Usually this works out for the best, and I can chalk it up to life experience.  But sometimes I look at people who have faced hardships, and I think about the fact that my problems haven't been that bad in the grand scheme of things, and I wonder what makes me think I'll be "lucky" enough (that's probably not the right word) to not face challenges around something that I've wanted so badly for so long.  It's a very hard feeling to describe, and it's probably nothing more than general anxiety, but an anxiety that is directed toward this one thing that I can wait to do -- be a mom.

In all honesty, even though I'm so glad the internet is available to me as a resource, I know things like fertility, postpartum depression, etc., wouldn't even have crossed my mind if I didn't have internet access -- it's like the curse of the information age.  I wonder if these are things that my parents or grandparents thought about even half as much as I do!  (Somehow, I doubt it, but then again, I could be wrong -- I've never asked.)

I'm Jay, 30, married to DH, 31. Fell in love in 2003, married since 2010.
Our little guy makes three! #1 born Dec 2012 Soon to be a family of four! #2 due Jun 2015

A little of this, a little of that.

Mostly just trusting our gut and doing things our way.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:09 AM
JMJ

DD turned 2 last week, so the brooding is getting to me as well.  This was the time that we had planned to start TTC.  Focusing on things to get done helps me.  I feel like I'm making the time come faster even if I'm not doing something that is actually going to help me TTC.  I'm making things better for us to be more ready for a baby.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ View Post

DD turned 2 last week, so the brooding is getting to me as well.  This was the time that we had planned to start TTC.  Focusing on things to get done helps me.  I feel like I'm making the time come faster even if I'm not doing something that is actually going to help me TTC.  I'm making things better for us to be more ready for a baby.

Helps to know that I am not alone in this!  I roo have been taking steps daily to make things better for us to be more ready for a baby and that def feels really great!  Part of me really likes knowing that when we do start ttc we'll be as ready as we can be.

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 04-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Mulvah- my worrying about fertility is really due only to my tendency to plan EVERYTHING and research all possible information.  That means, then, that I have things planned out and worry about pieces not falling into place in my plan.  It's crazy-making and over-thinking.  Not rational. 

But, I do also know a lot of people who have had trouble conceiving.  In fact that is the most common story I do hear.  As a result, it seems hard to put it aside. 

That said, we're actually going to start TTC next cycle so the wait is almost over for me (assuming my worries are for not).  I do know that I have been ovulating so that's encouraging and we conceived my daughter on our first month trying last time.  (I was almost four years younger so there's that paranoia again...  see what I mean?)

Aside from the work reasons that we've been waiting, we've also wanted to wait until my daughter is ready.  I'm very nervous about how my current center of the universe is going to handle becoming part of a binary star system.  She still nurses 4 times a day!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

*hugs*

What steps are you taking? What about you sarahfaith?

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Old 04-04-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTea View Post

In all honesty, even though I'm so glad the internet is available to me as a resource, I know things like fertility, postpartum depression, etc., wouldn't even have crossed my mind if I didn't have internet access -- it's like the curse of the information age.  I wonder if these are things that my parents or grandparents thought about even half as much as I do!  (Somehow, I doubt it, but then again, I could be wrong -- I've never asked.)

I believe this is the reason the expression, 'ignorance is bliss' exists! 

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

Old 04-04-2011, 02:44 PM
JMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

*hugs*

What steps are you taking? What about you sarahfaith?

I'm mostly trying to get stuff in the house organized and cleaned out and working on a routine to keep things moving and keep life handled.  I kinda feel like I'll have an easier time handling life with two if I'm better at handling life with 1.  I think I'd do a lot better if I spent less time on the computer...

Old 04-05-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVKF View Post

Mulvah- my worrying about fertility is really due only to my tendency to plan EVERYTHING and research all possible information.  That means, then, that I have things planned out and worry about pieces not falling into place in my plan.  It's crazy-making and over-thinking.  Not rational.

I know exactly what you mean. 

Our little guy makes three! #1 born Dec 2012 Soon to be a family of four! #2 due Jun 2015

Old 04-05-2011, 01:29 AM

DS is just three months today, and I'm already trying to justify how strongly I know I want another. We hadn't planned on getting pg at all - and in many ways, the timing was all wrong (I'm in two grad programs right now, DH is having trouble finding reliable and decent-paying work, we've got too much debt), but I *love* this kid so much, and I didn't mind being pg, either. I'm bf'ing exclusively, so I'm thinking that I will just let nature take its course, but that feels a bit crazy (things STILL aren't as stable as I'd like for them to be, though there's the possibility that, by the time a second one came along, they COULD be - working on changing some habits, getting rid of the debt, etc, so that our monthly $ needs are as low as possible). I want to BF at least a year, but my midwife warned me that the body, once primed, sometimes likes to get pg again quickly, even with exclusive bf'ing. Not sure how afraid to be of this, or if there are things I could do to make sure that I retained at least some supply?

Then there's also trying to figure out what might be best for this first kid - I am an only child, DH has a brother 4 years younger, and I don't really want to wait that long (age-related, at least somewhat - I'm 30) to have another, but I also love the time I get to spend with Luka, and I don't want to take that... specialness away from either of us two quickly. It's kind of strangely painful thinking about that even now... How have the rest of you dealt with this?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:06 AM

That is why I am waiting until she is 2 to get pregnant. I need to BF her until at least 2 y/o, she will have a better understanding of everything going on while I am preggo, and she will be nearly 3 when the baby comes which is a good age for LOs to accept and be excited about a sibling. I originally thought once she was 1 but I changed my mind mostly b/c of the BFing and also b/c I knew she was not ready for any of it. I respect my DD very much and want to build our family at a pace that will work for everyone.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Old 04-05-2011, 09:20 AM
JMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyja137 View Post

DS is just three months today, and I'm already trying to justify how strongly I know I want another. We hadn't planned on getting pg at all - and in many ways, the timing was all wrong (I'm in two grad programs right now, DH is having trouble finding reliable and decent-paying work, we've got too much debt), but I *love* this kid so much, and I didn't mind being pg, either. I'm bf'ing exclusively, so I'm thinking that I will just let nature take its course, but that feels a bit crazy (things STILL aren't as stable as I'd like for them to be, though there's the possibility that, by the time a second one came along, they COULD be - working on changing some habits, getting rid of the debt, etc, so that our monthly $ needs are as low as possible). I want to BF at least a year, but my midwife warned me that the body, once primed, sometimes likes to get pg again quickly, even with exclusive bf'ing. Not sure how afraid to be of this, or if there are things I could do to make sure that I retained at least some supply?

Then there's also trying to figure out what might be best for this first kid - I am an only child, DH has a brother 4 years younger, and I don't really want to wait that long (age-related, at least somewhat - I'm 30) to have another, but I also love the time I get to spend with Luka, and I don't want to take that... specialness away from either of us two quickly. It's kind of strangely painful thinking about that even now... How have the rest of you dealt with this?

Read "Breastfeeding and Natural Child Spacing" and "The Seven Standards of Ecological Breastfeeding" both by Sheila Kippley for more information on using breastfeeding to space children.  There is some evidence that the natural child spacing effects of ecological breastfeeding may be able to be overriden by extra body fat, so those who are overweight may not get the same results as those who are normal/underweight.  There is about a 6% chance that a woman will get pregnant before her first postpartum bleed, whenever it comes.

With breastfeeding, there is no way to guarantee retaining some supply.  I know women who have retained a good supply and many more women who have had little to no milk during pregnancy and several women who have successfully tandem nursed two children (though statistically, about half of children wean during the pregnancy).

This is exactly the sort of thing I think about, even though my daughter is now two.  I still haven't had a viable cycle.  I've gone from wondering if I will get enough spacing through breastfeeding to wondering if I'm getting too much spacing through breastfeeding.  I go back and forth between treasuring my time with just my one daughter, worrying about how she will do with a drop in milk supply and feeling like since she's two, she should be fine if my milk supply drops and I don't want her to get too set into thinking that I am all hers before I add a sibling.  Some days, she seems like a big girl, ready to be a big sister.  Other days, she seems like my baby and still needs her baby needs met before I force her to grow up by making her a big sister.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:

I'm mostly trying to get stuff in the house organized and cleaned out and working on a routine to keep things moving and keep life handled.  I kinda feel like I'll have an easier time handling life with two if I'm better at handling life with 1.  I think I'd do a lot better if I spent less time on the computer...

I too am guilty of this. I feel like I could get more stuff done around here if I wasn't on MDC so much. I justify it though because it is the only way for me to communicate with like-minded mamas. Many of my friends do not have kids yet and if they do the are on the whole other side of the spectrum when it comes to parenting. Maybe timing myself would help...but I don't have very much self-discipline. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyja137 View Post

I can totally relate to you! DS wasn't planned either. I can remember feeling that I wanted another when my son was that young (and feeling very guilty about it) as well and it seems like it has only progressed and that feeling has gotten more intense. I didn't think we were going to make it to 6 months (of nursing) but we are still going strong and hope to make it to a year, and then we will see where we are at from there.  We are being careful but I still have not started cycling yet (thankfully). I am just taking baby steps- if we nurse until he is two- great! But for some reason If we get pregnant I don't want to set myself up for disappointment if we cant nurse until he 2 or self weans. 

Doula mom to Leo [7.11.10] and fiance to Jakefamilybed1.gif

Old 04-05-2011, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to those who are new!  flowersforyou.gif

freyja137 ~ I'm not sure where I should put you on the main list.  If you aren't sure when you will start TTC, I can always list you under "Wanting But Waiting ~ A Little Bit Longer".  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVKF View Post

Mulvah- my worrying about fertility is really due only to my tendency to plan EVERYTHING and research all possible information.  That means, then, that I have things planned out and worry about pieces not falling into place in my plan.  It's crazy-making and over-thinking.  Not rational....

Quote:

I know exactly what you mean. 

Yeah, I was wondering if those that are worried about fertility are that type of person ~ the planners, analyzers, researchers, etc.   smile.gif  I completely understand.  

Quote:

I definitely understand this and for a plethora of reasons, I've spent a whole lot less time on Mothering, which has been really beneficial to me.  Overall, I've worked on limiting my time on the Internet by setting time limits, sticking to them, and being fully aware of how much time I'm online.  I also make a list of things I want to research or read and then save them for my "Internet time".  smile.gif  

Old 04-05-2011, 10:30 AM

I'm having a hard time taking things one day at a time right now. I've never been very good at waiting and I find it hard to fill up my days. I have things to do but I cant seem to bring myself to do them. Maybe I should figure out a schedule. I don't know if that would help any. 

On the other side, it's somehow more bearable to think of it as 20 months, as opposed to a year and half. 

Wife to a wonderful man, not a mommy yet but looking forward to when we are ready. 
"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." Loretta Young
Old 04-05-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenmumajen View Post

I too am guilty of this. I feel like I could get more stuff done around here if I wasn't on MDC so much. I justify it though because it is the only way for me to communicate with like-minded mamas. Many of my friends do not have kids yet and if they do the are on the whole other side of the spectrum when it comes to parenting. Maybe timing myself would help...but I don't have very much self-discipline. 

One thing I do is give myself small limits. Like I can read through this one thread and reply and then I have to go load the dishwasher, then I get to do another thread then I have to make my bed. Stuff like that. I also try not to let the house get to the point of a pig-sty to begin with. Doing simple things every day like picking up as I walk through a room or taking 5 minutes here and there to do things helps a ton. I grew up in a house where we spend 3 hours every Saturday cleaning and I hated it (though I did get paid a $20 allowance for it!). I just can't be one of those people who cleans for hours on end. I also hate how I feel in a house that needs that much cleaning. If I keep things picked up to begin with, it never gets bad. If I take 5 minutes and clean the toilet (rather than 30 to clean the whole bathroom), I'm a much happier person. It also helps that we've been doing a lot of minimalizing, so there's not as much stuff to clean up. I feel so much less stressed in a clean house. Actually, now that I'm done writing this post, I'm going to go start a load of laundry. :-P

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also love to listen to audiobooks while I clean. Makes it a much more pleasant experience. Also having DD clean up after herself from virtually the beginning (basically just since she could understand the concept) has helped a lot too. At 24 months it's not a constantly getting after her thing, but a she just has to help me clean up type of thing. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 PM

Mulvah -

I think where you put me for now is just fine... A part of me wants to say Aug - Sep 2011, but I do think that'll prolly be too soon.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

Quote:

One thing I do is give myself small limits. Like I can read through this one thread and reply and then I have to go load the dishwasher, then I get to do another thread then I have to make my bed. Stuff like that. I also try not to let the house get to the point of a pig-sty to begin with. Doing simple things every day like picking up as I walk through a room or taking 5 minutes here and there to do things helps a ton. I grew up in a house where we spend 3 hours every Saturday cleaning and I hated it (though I did get paid a $20 allowance for it!). I just can't be one of those people who cleans for hours on end. I also hate how I feel in a house that needs that much cleaning. If I keep things picked up to begin with, it never gets bad. If I take 5 minutes and clean the toilet (rather than 30 to clean the whole bathroom), I'm a much happier person. It also helps that we've been doing a lot of minimalizing, so there's not as much stuff to clean up. I feel so much less stressed in a clean house. Actually, now that I'm done writing this post, I'm going to go start a load of laundry. :-P

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also love to listen to audiobooks while I clean. Makes it a much more pleasant experience. Also having DD clean up after herself from virtually the beginning (basically just since she could understand the concept) has helped a lot too. At 24 months it's not a constantly getting after her thing, but a she just has to help me clean up type of thing. 

Being online in small increments is a good suggestion and is what I was thinking! I will try spacing it in between chores. I am like you as well and I get stressed out if I am in a space that is not clean. It's nice because most of the time it never gets bad because I feel that way, but at the same time I can't just let things be. I probably wear myself out trying to clean so much as well. I would love it if my son could sort of clean up after himself!

Doula mom to Leo [7.11.10] and fiance to Jakefamilybed1.gif

Old 04-06-2011, 08:08 PM

The offer we made on a house was accepted! Not having a place of our own was one of the big things we wanted to change before thinking about kids. Once we've closed I'll have something to throw my energy and time into.

Wife to a wonderful man, not a mommy yet but looking forward to when we are ready. 
"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." Loretta Young
Old 04-06-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorriJ View Post

The offer we made on a house was accepted! Not having a place of our own was one of the big things we wanted to change before thinking about kids. Once we've closed I'll have something to throw my energy and time into.

Contrats!!

Old 04-07-2011, 12:16 PM

i wish that i could be on here more!  we are waiting until august to TTC for a couple of reasons.  DH has a few more exams to pass before he has his licensure but mostly because we had a whirlwhin courtship - we dated, got engaged and married all in a little over two years.  This will be our first married summer together and we really want to spend it together with no baby worries.  In august we'll ttc and then in the fall we'll be house hunting!

the brooding thing really makes me laugh though because i have babies on the brain at all times!  lately i've been putting my energy into sticking to my gym schedule (i am running a 5K in may), creating a good flow for our home (basically making sure that we're in a good routine with chores) and spending as much quality time together as we can.  I should mention the knitting lately.  Hats, blankets, pants, sweaters...all being put away for that special babe someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorriJ View Post

Congrats!  Such big news & exciting times!

Old 04-08-2011, 07:28 AM

Congrats on the new place!  Nice to be one step closer to your goal (and have something to keep your mind busy while waiting to try) smile.gif

Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 AM

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I'm really excited! And I cant wait to have more room. We're pretty cramped right now.

Sarahfaith -- I've been driving my DH nuts with baby talk. I don't mean to but it seems like there is always one more thing I want to mention. Or a neat article I read. It's like now that we have a date(month) I need to get all the info I can.

I don't knit, I never learned how. But I do have one of these knitting board. http://www.knittingboard.com/ it seems to work pretty well. I'm still getting the hang of tension but it's pretty easy to use. It does say you can make some baby stuff... Maybe I'll try some of those.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:

This is a relatively recent fear of mine.  My husband and I started talking about our future family while we were still dating, years and years ago, so I feel like we've been wanting but waiting for so long.  It wasn't until about three years ago -- when we had talked about the next few years and knew that an engagement and wedding were on the horizon -- that I finally allowed myself to start diving into baby research.  I found blogs and message boards, and learned so much about fertility, pregnancy, and parenting that I hadn't thought about before.  As a planner (and yes, over-thinker) the internet has been a gold mine and I'm constantly learning new things, and bookmarking websites that I'll want to reference later when I'm in a different stage (pregnant, or breastfeeding, or potty training, or whatever). 

I also found a heck of a lot of proof, via personal blogs and fertility message boards, that made me realize that there are no guarantees when it comes to fertility.  I also have enough life experience to let me know that I can plan as much as I like, but there are always going to be things that crop up that I didn't plan for.  Usually this works out for the best, and I can chalk it up to life experience.  But sometimes I look at people who have faced hardships, and I think about the fact that my problems haven't been that bad in the grand scheme of things, and I wonder what makes me think I'll be "lucky" enough (that's probably not the right word) to not face challenges around something that I've wanted so badly for so long.  It's a very hard feeling to describe, and it's probably nothing more than general anxiety, but an anxiety that is directed toward this one thing that I can wait to do -- be a mom.

DH and I dated and later lived together for 9 years before we were married.  He had a couple of serious relationships before me.  I was on the pill the first 7 years of our relationship but had been off of it for more than two years when we started talking about TTC.  We used condoms (inconsistently at best) and the pull out method. During all of that time, he never got me or anyone else pregnant.  I had a suspicion bordering on intuition that we would be unable to conceive.  We went on our honeymoon five months after the wedding and while we were in Rome, decided that we were never going to be any more ready for children than we were right then - so we threw caution to the wind and stopped using birth control.  We did not chart or schedule or plan in any way, and figured that we would start out by just seeing what happened.  Well, I was pregnant the next time I ovulated. Just like that. So much for my intuition!

So now as I wonder whether and when we will be pregnant again, I am fearful that we will have much more difficulty this time around.  On top of that, at 12 months PP, I am not fertile yet, and I have no plans of weaning anytime soon - so I likely won't be fertile for some time to come.  But I need to just let it go and remember that the last time I doubted our ability to conceive, not only was I proved wrong, we got pregnant immediately.  Oh, and I'm a super planner/overthinker, so letting things go is not particularly easy for me!

And thanks for adding me to the June/July list - I don't know if that's realistic, but it sure makes me smile to think that we have something concrete to look forward to! 

Happy fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIF, delayed/selective vaxxing, WOHM to DD1 4/10 diaper.gif, DD2 8/12 babygirl.gif and partner/wife for thirteen years to SAHD DHsuperhero.gif.  

Old 04-08-2011, 08:32 PM

I don't knit, I never learned how. But I do have one of these knitting board. http://www.knittingboard.com/ it seems to work pretty well. I'm still getting the hang of tension but it's pretty easy to use. It does say you can make some baby stuff... Maybe I'll try some of those.

I have never heard of a knitting board, but it looks cool!  I'm always saying that I'd like to learn to knit but I'm always so overwhelmed when I go to a craft store and see all the different types of yarn and needles and how-to books, and I don't know anyone who could teach me first hand.  (I also have been trying to learn to crochet from my mom but it's a work in progress since I forget what she shows me between visits to her place.)  I think I'll have to check that out -- I'm sure I'm underestimating how difficult it it to use, but it looks so much easier than the old fashioned way.  Might be a good place to start learning!

I had a coworker who made the most amazing baby blankets for baby showers -- they were beautiful, and ever since I've wanted to learn how.  What kind of baby things would you like to make?

Old 04-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:

I have never heard of a knitting board, but it looks cool!  I'm always saying that I'd like to learn to knit but I'm always so overwhelmed when I go to a craft store and see all the different types of yarn and needles and how-to books, and I don't know anyone who could teach me first hand.  (I also have been trying to learn to crochet from my mom but it's a work in progress since I forget what she shows me between visits to her place.)  I think I'll have to check that out -- I'm sure I'm underestimating how difficult it it to use, but it looks so much easier than the old fashioned way.  Might be a good place to start learning!

I had a coworker who made the most amazing baby blankets for baby showers -- they were beautiful, and ever since I've wanted to learn how.  What kind of baby things would you like to make?

I found this knitting board at hobby lobby and I think it was about 15 or 20 dollars. It came with a little booklet that has some pattern suggestions and a very basic how to use. It really wasn't much help and the videos on the site explain a whole lot better and had some helpful tips. Once I watched the vids I found it fairly easy to pick up on. I know the basics of crocheting, but I never get far with it. I have a tendency to start a project and set it aside part way through, with crochet things would always get tangled, or start to pull apart. I don't find that happens with the board. It's a little difficult to keep the tension but that's something I'm learning the more I use it. Once I get a bit further in I can take a picture of what the weave looks like so you can see?

I'm hoping to eventually make a blanket, some booties, a hat, and a stuffed animal of some sort. We'll see how well that goes. My board is pretty small, the piece it makes is only about 11cm wide but as long as you want to make it. If I get good enough I may invest in a bigger board.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:08 PM

I just took out my IUD! Yay! We are going to chart to avoid this month and ttc in May. I can't stop smiling!!!

Loving life with my 5 guys: Mike (DH), Matt (5/04), Eric (9/06), Paul (6/09), and Brian (3/12), with baby #5 coming 11/14!
Old 04-09-2011, 05:08 PM

Congrats Kim!

So I am FREAKING out right now b/c I think something may be wrong down there! I had some pains on and off the last few months but it always subsided so I wasn't that worried. Well no I just keep sporadically bleeding and I am scared. I am going to try and get an appointment on Mon to check things out.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Old 04-09-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

Congrats Kim!

So I am FREAKING out right now b/c I think something may be wrong down there! I had some pains on and off the last few months but it always subsided so I wasn't that worried. Well no I just keep sporadically bleeding and I am scared. I am going to try and get an appointment on Mon to check things out.

I don't really have any insight to the description of whats going on, but just thought I'd give you some  ((Hugs)).  Hopefully you can get right in and figure out what is going on.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 AM

I am so terrified that maybe it slipped and would need surgery, there is a small chance it could make me infertile. Also it could cause pelvic inflamatory disease which can lead to problems. I have been esp bleeding with and after DTD, which is a sign of PID and also a red flag for chlamydia. DH and I were DP's for 9 yrs before we got married but we did split up for 8 months a few years ago and we both slept with other people. I got tested for everything, but he didn't. I was also tested again 2 years ago. I mean IDK if a male could carry it that long without transferring it? I don't know much about STDs and I really don't feel like it would be one. We are totally faithful so I am not worried about that.

praying.gif

User Tag List