So I called my OB's office, told them my symptoms & she refused to order a serum test - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2004, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UGH! I am just fuming! I told the ladt that answered the phone that I was taking some meds that I needed to stop taking if I was, so I needed to find out ASAP. She asked if I had missed a period, I told her I've not been regular & that I already have 3 kids & I'm having some similar syumptoms, sore nipples, mild cramping off & on (more on today though), heart burn, lack of energy, aching, etc etc & that I had had - HPTs, but that I had talked to some other moms that had suggested I get a serum b/c they had similar things happen & that about 3 weeks ago I had about a day & 1/2 of light pink spotting & since then have had some clear/mucousy discharge, well she puts me on hold, comes back & asks what meds I'm taking, I tell her, she puts me back on hold, comes back & tells me that my meds will be ok if I am & that since I've not "missed a period" & did have bleeding a few weeks ago, that "Dr. B******I doesn't feel as if I need a serum test" That was it, end of conversation, no suggestions, no "watch for this or that" or anything...

What about prenatals? If I am I need to start taking them, don't I??? I mean, I take a multi-vitamin (from the HFS-Super Supplemental-2 pills 2x daily), but they only give me 400 mg Folic Acid per day, is that enough? I always end up anemic too...I did do a google search & find lists of fodos high in folic acid & iron & printed them out & stuck them on the fridge...trying really ahrd to eat things on them!

UGH...I guess I'll just go on & do things like I am...Is there anything I need to do/take FOR SURE, JIC? I don't know if there is really any way to prevent a m/c, irght? But do you ahve any advice for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2004, 08:59 PM

Prenatals would be good,spirulina and alfalfa capsules for anemia and taking high doses of vitamin E(1200 Iu's)can be helpful for possibility of miscarriages.Also wild yam capsules would help with that.Did you take a HPT?What does it say?Call the doc back and say that you forgot but your last period was over a month ago and you mistakenly thought it was a few weeks ago.Make something up to get in there.Good luck
Old 04-07-2004, 10:59 PM

How are you now? That is very frustrating. It's not like a blood test is that difficult.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

User Tag List