The February "Whatever" (and Graduates) Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 237 Old 02-01-2011, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Alright so most of us here are either past whatever, or already pregnant, but here's to February!

For all you lurkers, don't be afraid, it's time to start posting!!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#2 of 237 Old 02-01-2011, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

So.... I'm on CD9. DH gets home tomorrow, and already let me know he's ready to bd. lol he even used "bd" and told me to consult my calendar. It was tres cute. I'm going to try my best to temp, and start checking CP this cycle as well. I've been drinking green tea around the clock as well, hoping to get an increase in EWCM. We'll see if it all amounts to anything.

I've got an appointment with my Dr next Monday just to have an initial talk about where we're at, if there's anything she can pinpoint that could be the "issue" and see if she thinks we should hold off for now, or go for further exploration. I don't knwo how I feel yet. Right now it just hurts to keep trying to feeling like such a failure. I know that's not it, and I know six months isn't forever, but it does kind of feel like it when you're young, and it's the only thing you can think of.

It's aggrevating, because there's nothing on my chart that obviously points out why it hasn't happened yet. I'm ovulating, my cycles are normal, I'm having normal temp shifts, (when I'm not on midnights), we're getting in well timed bd... It all makes sense, it's just not adding up to anything.

It sounds so selfish, but I think a fear of mine right now is that one of my friends got married in August, and she used to say that I had to wait to get pregnant until she was ready. I can totally see her getting pregnant before me now, and that just seems like it'll be the straw that broke the camels back. Silly, but hey, if I can't be honest here, where can I be, right?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#3 of 237 Old 02-01-2011, 01:11 PM

Here to stalk you JJ whistling.gif

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#4 of 237 Old 02-01-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

So.... I'm on CD9. DH gets home tomorrow, and already let me know he's ready to bd. lol he even used "bd" and told me to consult my calendar. It was tres cute. I'm going to try my best to temp, and start checking CP this cycle as well. I've been drinking green tea around the clock as well, hoping to get an increase in EWCM. We'll see if it all amounts to anything.

I've got an appointment with my Dr next Monday just to have an initial talk about where we're at, if there's anything she can pinpoint that could be the "issue" and see if she thinks we should hold off for now, or go for further exploration. I don't knwo how I feel yet. Right now it just hurts to keep trying to feeling like such a failure. I know that's not it, and I know six months isn't forever, but it does kind of feel like it when you're young, and it's the only thing you can think of.

It's aggrevating, because there's nothing on my chart that obviously points out why it hasn't happened yet. I'm ovulating, my cycles are normal, I'm having normal temp shifts, (when I'm not on midnights), we're getting in well timed bd... It all makes sense, it's just not adding up to anything.

It sounds so selfish, but I think a fear of mine right now is that one of my friends got married in August, and she used to say that I had to wait to get pregnant until she was ready. I can totally see her getting pregnant before me now, and that just seems like it'll be the straw that broke the camels back. Silly, but hey, if I can't be honest here, where can I be, right?

Just hugs for you... I did find that the cycle I took Maca, my O was delayed but I had more EW than I had previously had for any given cycle.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#5 of 237 Old 02-02-2011, 05:23 AM

JJ: fx for this cycle! I know for DS, since we had been trying for so long (nearly 2 years) finally breaking down and having a fertility monitor really helped. It took all the guess work out of temping, opk's, etc. I was very grateful to get one as a gift from a friend, and it took a lot of stress off me. We conceived on the first cycle with it. I know they aren't for everybody, and they are certainly not cheap.

hope the doc appointment goes well Monday. At the very least maybe she can book you 7 DPO bloodwork to check progesterone to just confirm O for you.

- I am 6 weeks along today! - 1/2 through the 1st trimester! (sorry had to get that out) Lyterae, can't beleive your LO is so close to arrival - it seems like yesterday you announced your BFP

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#6 of 237 Old 02-02-2011, 05:25 AM

Subbing!

JJ - Big hugs.  It's tough not to feel selfish but I had so many of the same thoughts.  I was so upset that my BFF got pg so quickly and I was still chugging along as she was already finding out she was having a girl and getting on so well with her pg.  It's normal.  You're normal.  Don't beat yourself up for having the feelings your having b/c whatever the reason, it sucks that it's taking awhile.  

I love that your DH said BD.  I totally get how cute that is!!  LOL!!

So besides green tea, are you doing anything else for ewcm?  I really had success taking the EPO.  Maca didn't do much for me, honestly, but it's not really a "supplement" anymore than a superfood that's just supposed to help balance all your hormones, etc.  It didn't taste horrible. If you're into smoothies or shakes you could always try it mixed in.

MW - still feeling good?  How far along are you now?  You're what, 2 or 3 weeks ahead of me right?  Did you do intelligender??

How is everyone else doing?

AFM - my first u/s is coming up on Monday and srsly the day cannot get here fast enough!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#7 of 237 Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

akind-- I think that's the frustrating part though, is that when I'm charting properly (ie no midnights, actually temping etc) my cycles are super normal. I'm like clockwork, so I don't ever really have trouble finding out when I should be fertile. It's pretty universal that I o between days 14-16, with only a day or two variation outside of that. So I always kind of start in around day 10 (today), and try to dtd as much as possible until I confirm o. That's why I haven't done opks, since it doens't seem like there's much need, when i already 'know' when I'm going to o. It would be different if my cycles were irregular or hard to predict.

Not doing anything other than the green tea (and as such, staying uber hydrated). I used to have TONS of CF, and then it just stopped, and I -think- it coincided with my quitting starbucks (where I was drinking approx 60 oz of green tea a day, albeir watered down). So I'm trying to put that back into my system, hoping that it returns everything to normal. So far this cycle, I've noticed more CF in general, tons of stickyish/creamyish yesterday, so we'll see if it gives me more fertile stuff too.

I tried the EPO and I was taking 1500-2000mg a day, and I didn't see any difference after two months. Gave up on that. maca might be next, but we'll see how the tea does I suppose.

DH is totally and completely, wholeheartedly, let's try anything this month. He apparently was doing research while he was gone, and came back with ideas to 'help'. lol. Now granted, most of these include things like have more sex, and have better, more intense sessions (to get more swimmers i think was the intention), but still, it's cute that he was trying. Apparently I made a comment about how almost most of our former classmates have kids now, and several of them have kids that are in school already, and he said that made him feel old all of a sudden and he realized how I felt, and it kind of jump started him. I'm glad.

I'm just starting to feel pumped again, albeit tired in advance thinking of what the next 6 days have in store for us. lol. Chronic fatigue does not lend well to attempting to dtd every day. My body cries. lol.

In good news, I should be off overnights by the end of February! That's something to celebrate, because if it doesn't happen this month, then next cycle should be more normal.

#8 of 237 Old 02-03-2011, 04:37 AM

It is great having a hubby on board. For the most part, when TTC we aim for EOD, because it gives the swimmers a chance to rest and build back up again. Sometimes more is not always better. Especially if the difficulty in getting pregnant isn't you, but your DH.  fx the next week goes well for you!

and Yay! on no more nights!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#9 of 237 Old 02-03-2011, 04:58 AM

Woo hoo!  Yay for hubbies on board!  It took DH about the same amount of time, JJ, to want to really put all the effort in and call it "trying".  I think you guys are more normal than you realize.

Another thing to keep in mind is since you do have such normal cycles, and you are O'ing, you can totally do opks to help pinpoint O and time dtd.  That's what I did, remember?  While in theory dtd every day sounds fabulous, if your body physically can't do it or your schedule doesn't allow it, and you get a negative opk on cd13, you know you can wait and take another one the next day and see how things go from there.  It gives you a little bit more control.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#10 of 237 Old 02-03-2011, 05:05 AM

JJ! That's sweet about your DH. I knew my DH was on board when he started asking me "How many DPOs are you!" lol. They pick up the lingo pretty fast.  I just found out my best friend from childhood is expecting after trying for an entire year. She finally gave up and that was the month she finally got pregnant! Go figure! JJ---you will graduate!! You will! Your charts have always looked great! The only thing that could be amiss is your DH's sperm count. Does he want to take that "bag" down to the lab or what? lol 

AFM- my appt with my midwife is tomorrow. My tests are definitely darker and I feel like a truck hit me so I bet this baby is going to stick. She'll draw more blood tomorrow and make sure my hcg is doubling as it should. DH already made a list of names. This is just all surreal. I was just me a couple of weeks ago and now I'm me with a new person growing inside of me! So surreal!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#11 of 237 Old 02-04-2011, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Kinder-- It's funny how feeling like crap can suddenly become a good thing!

I'm feeling hopeful as the month goes on. Trying to dtd as much as possible. I've got to sit down this weekend and print/add notes to all my charts since August so I can bring them with me to the doctors appointment. ugh. overwhelming just thinking about it, but I think it'll be good to look at them.

#12 of 237 Old 02-05-2011, 05:02 AM

JJ- I'm glad hope found you again and feeling like crap is a good sign! I hope you'll be in Oct with me & Katrina. 

AFM- I exercised yesterday and had some brown creamy discharge after and this morning I woke up to red spotting. Just spotting on the toilet paper but not a dot or anything...more like a smear. I'm so worried that I did something to the baby! I'm supposed to call my midwife if I have anymore bleeding but it's only 8am. I'm not cramping. I'm just really bloated! I look like I'm 4-5 months pregnant already! That's normal, right? It started 2-3 days ago and my boobs are swollen and they hurt in spots so that's a good sign, right?, and my test line is nice and solid and way darker than Sundays. I totally took it easy with the strength training yesterday and did half of what I normal do and at half the intensity and with 5-10lbs weights instead of 10-15lbs weights. I've exercised everyday this week--maybe it's too much but I only did 20 minutes each time. I did a lot of squats yesterday but I did them slow and easy. I did everything slow and easy and kept checking my heart rate between sets. One time it hit 155 but I immediately stopped and rested for a few minutes and it went right back down to 135 within the first minute of resting and stayed there. 

I'm so worried and it's Saturday and I bet all the offices I'll need will be closed. I should probably get an ultrasound in case it really is ectopic.  

#13 of 237 Old 02-07-2011, 04:19 PM

Kinder - I'm sorry I missed your post the other day!  Omgoodness, I hope everything is ok.  Update us when you get a chance!  I doubt its any exercise that you did.  Hugs, though, b/c I can sense how stressed you are about this all.  hug.gif

JJ - when is your appt?  Keep us posted!!

AFM - I had my NT scan today and all went really well.  FINALLY got to see the baby!  It looks like a baby!!  Haha!  No risk for Downs which is a relief, and baby was wiggling around and looking super cute.  Tech said she was 80% sure it's a boy -- neat!  Not putting too too much stock in it but it's still fun b/c the Intelligender was boy, my cravings are all salty, and now this.  Hee hee! 

#14 of 237 Old 02-08-2011, 05:21 AM

Carrie, what fun! means you get to do more shopping! Glad all went well

Kinder and JJ do please keep us updated

AFM: not much, hit 7 weeks tomorrow, and have 1st appt next week. somedays it still doesn't feel quite real, but I know it is! I can't wait until movement begins, because that is the best part, for me, of being pregnant.

#15 of 237 Old 02-08-2011, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Any news Kinder? I'm sure it's all fine, but I can imagine how stressful that is.

I had my visit, and it went pretty much as expected. She said she absolutely wouldn't worry or really start testing until a full year, especially since I had a whole schwack of tests done when I was diagnosing the fatigue, and nothing came up at that time. She said it's obvious from my charts that I'm ovulating, and my luteal phase is fine, so progesterone shouldn't be an issue (though I did want to look more into that, bc I didn't think that was the only symptom), she also said she wouldn't stress about the CF, that she feels it's doubtful that alone would stop us from getting pregnant. She basically said just keep trying to stay low stress as possible, dtd every other day, and keep planning my vacation.

It also reminded me of how much I like her when she told me not to stop planning if we do get a positive, no big deal, I can just deal with a bit of morning sickness on the trip. It was nice to hear, since I expected the standard doctor response to be along the lines of "no pregnant woman should be travelling out there in those scary tropical destinations", and really she didn't seem worried at all.

I asked what the next steps are, and she said that after the year point, she refers us directly to the infertility clinic, and go from there, but that universally, the first thing would be a SA for DH before trying anything extra for me. Hopefully it won't get to that!

Cycle wise... I'm on CD16 today and totally expected to see a temp rise, and didn't, and all I could think was 'dear god, I don't think i can dtd again'. lol. Im so tired and worn out. But if I don't get a rise tomorrow either, then we'll have to fit one more in. So disappointed it didn't happen today.  Yesterday I woke up early, and the day before I slept late, hence the open circles.

Ugh. please let this be the month.

?i=4189404&

#16 of 237 Old 02-09-2011, 05:27 AM

JJ - I'm so glad your appt went so well!  She sounds like an awesome doc.  You are in good hands!  And I think your chart looks fabulous and you have plenty of bd's in the window!!  I think your temp will shoot up tmw, and that's REALLY good chances!  Just try not to stress, have a glass or two of wine, put those feet up and watch a movie with your hubs!

BD marathons are so not fun.  I hear you on that!!

Katrina - feeling any nausea or anything yet?

Kinder - what's going on, mama?  I hope all is ok.

AFM - baby hasn't gotten the hint that after 13 weeks the nausea is supposed to be GONE.  UHGHGHG.  I"m so over this first trimester sick flu like tired on the couch all day can't keep food down nonsense!  But, baby is fine.  I'm a trooper.  Hopefully not much longer!!

MW - update us, woman!

#17 of 237 Old 02-09-2011, 07:31 AM

MW - I second Carrie, how are you??

JJ - I'm so glad your appointment went well, your doctor sounds wonderful.

AFM - 38 weeks today, just waiting now! We have an appointment this evening to see the midwife and hopefully get the birth tub.

#18 of 237 Old 02-09-2011, 08:12 AM

Lyterae, good to see updates!

Carrie: nausea yes, vomitting, thank goodness, no! Told my boss today, would have told her sooner, but it has been hectic, and we have had a delicate situation in that my supervisor is currently on leave due to a second trimester loss (22 weeks she was) and I want to handle any announcement on my part at thoughtfully as possible.

I hope your morning sickness resolves soon!

I have 8 days until my 1st appointment. completely new doctors and practice, so this should be interesting.

JJ: I really hope you see a temp rise soon. And remember: EOD is just fine, you shouldn't kill yourself trying to BD all the time (unless you want to, of course) sometimes a rest of a day or two is good for the swimmers.

#19 of 237 Old 02-09-2011, 09:38 AM

JJ- looks good!!! Hope this is your month! thumb.gif

AFM- all is well. The spotting stopped that night! Phew Scary to see red blood! I'm now bound to walking for a while. Blah! Anyway, my HCG is great---I'm actually getting lots of symptoms now so that's always a good sign too. My progesterone was super super low at 4.1. I'm trying to figure out what it all means. Midwife thinks it's because I implanted around day 9 and typically I begin to spot around day 11 and so that indicates progesterone typically drops for me around that time.....blah blah blah...got a short period....you get the picture. She said if she tested me again in two weeks it would probably be normal. I'm using P suppositories for now! I'm a little nervous because I read that sometimes low P means a non-viable pregnancy but my HCG tripled in 3 days so it should be all good! I just got back from Motherhood Maternity where I got some jeans, yoga pants and a belly band. I'm preparing to be wearing these babies in 2-3 weeks. I'm already so bloated at night--I literally look 5-6 months pregnant! We're telling my parents this weekend and his the following weekend. We're not telling the kids until I'm 12-13 weeks. I just wish we could know for sure already if this baby will be here in October! 

#20 of 237 Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 PM

Kinder: I didn't start wearing maternity clothes with DS until 14-16 weeks, but with this one I will need to be starting very soon. at least one pair of jeans is very snug, I have popped a button off of one of my khakis, and some of my other dress pants are feeling snug. I am plus sized to begin with, but this is just really silly to me! I am only 7 weeks, but hey, you do what you gotta do - my nausea is really getting strong.

MW did the progesterone suppositories with this pregnancy, and all seems well there - also had a friend do them, and her son will be a year old in a couple weeks.

JJ - keeping my crossables crossed for you!

#21 of 237 Old 02-10-2011, 06:42 AM

Hmm, I just went through my pregnancy journals from my last two dds and turns out I was wearing maternity at 10 weeks so I'm not too far off!! I also read that my HCG was 17,000 at 5w2d with dd2.....my HCG at 5w2d this time was only 110. WTH! Why didn't I get a positive until 15 dpo (and it was barely there---would be negative to anyone else) after spotting at 9 dpo??? 

DH made me call the midwife today to get another HCG and progesterone blood draw to make sure everything is okay before we spread the news to our parents and siblings. They don't get in until 11am so I'm not sure if they'll be willing to do it. I'm kinda worried too now! With DD2 I tested dark + at 12dpo and with DD3 at 9dpo. Why 15dpo this time? That's late! I know when I o'ed too so that's not off. 

Katrina- I'm glad I'm not alone with these early maternity clothes! 

JJ- how's your chart looking today? any O??

#22 of 237 Old 02-10-2011, 07:09 AM

Kinder: Are you sure of your dates?  Can you post a chart link?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#23 of 237 Old 02-10-2011, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

I want to see a chart too! I'm curious now.

I had a temp rise, but it wasn't a huge one. I had to adjust for an early wakeup, but I think that was it. We'll see how today goes (I haven't gone to bed yet...). I'm definately feeling post o type cramps, not o type pains.

Actually if I'm honest, eevry time I get a cramp or pain, I get a tiny bit giddy, and start over thinking, and then thinking 'sticky baby sticky baby sticky baby!'

#24 of 237 Old 02-10-2011, 07:53 AM

those are good thoughts to think! my temp rise was very slight at first too; I didn't see a really good temp rise for a couple days (early implant maybe?) so fx! take it easy today

Kinder, every pregnancy is different, so I will keep fx that this is normal for you for this pregnancy.  No telling why you tested + later this time.

I know nausea is a good sign, but I am ready for it be over! (OTOH, it is a nice reminder until the movement starts)

#25 of 237 Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

I know nausea is a good sign, but I am ready for it be over! (OTOH, it is a nice reminder until the movement starts)

I've been puking and nauseous since 5 weeks pg.  I'm 13w2d and STILL almost puked this morning.  I'm REALLY ready for it to be over!! mecry.gif It's such an emotional drain as well as a physical one. 

JJ - a slow rise is still a rise!  I'm going to go look at your chart.  Hmm I don't have VIP anymore, can you post a chart link?

Kinder - I'm betting just a late implanter!  Sending good sticky bean thoughts your way!

#26 of 237 Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Off to get my blood drawn----will update tomorrow. For those who want to check out my chart, of course this was the 2nd month I didn't take my temp every single day because I was frustrated but I did have a glaring positive OPK on day 11 as usual followed by O pain so I know my O day can't be off by more than a day!

What worries me the most is the positive I got at 15dpo was on a 10miu strip test! At 7dpo I felt implantation. It was so super low in my pelvis that I thought "wow, I've never felt this any other month that I've paid attention to every single twinge or cramp". It was that obvious but I still doubted I was pregnant, thinking it was all in my head. So, it took 9 days for it to show up on a test....doesn't make sense! 

FYI my first blood + on 19dpo was 33.8

chartgraph_module-3.php.png

#27 of 237 Old 02-10-2011, 11:56 AM

I've been puking and nauseous since 5 weeks pg.  I'm 13w2d and STILL almost puked this morning.  I'm REALLY ready for it to be over!! mecry.gif It's such an emotional drain as well as a physical one. 

UGH! Hope it passes soon! 

JJ----hope this is it!!!

#28 of 237 Old 02-10-2011, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

?i=4189404&

That's the chart. I wish it showed the comments. The 15th I have down for 'possible ew' since it was disguised, but it looked to be stretchy and slippery, and I also had possible o pains for that day. The open temp on CD14 was because I slept for 12 hours. CD15 I woke up early, and didn't adjust the temp. And then the last two days have been taken after sleeps of only about 3-4 hours, instead of 8-9 like normal. Tomorrow morning I get to wake up at a normal time, so we'll see what that one says, but I feel post-o.

I'm not looking forward to MS, especially since I don't want to tell anyone at work until we have to. It could be hard to hide that since I need permission every time I need to run to the washroom, and it's two floors away. :S  

#29 of 237 Old 02-10-2011, 06:00 PM

Kinder: I know it doesn't fit w/your CM, but what if you didn't O until CD 19, when you think you felt implantation.  What if that was O instead?  That would explain the hpts rather nicely.  It's reallyk impossible to know when you O'd w/out temp. confirmation.  

JJ: Morning sickness is not a given!  Maybe you won't have any!  

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#30 of 237 Old 02-10-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

Kinder: I know it doesn't fit w/your CM, but what if you didn't O until CD 19, when you think you felt implantation.  What if that was O instead?  That would explain the hpts rather nicely.  It's reallyk impossible to know when you O'd w/out temp. confirmation.  

I'm fairly certain it was 12 dpo because it's been 11 or 12 dpo that last 3/4 of a year. Plus I always spot around ovulation and I had that too to back up the O pain and + OPK. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page