BFP (Digital) followed by 3 BFN's. What gives? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-12-2011, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(I posted this in the TTC forum too...not sure which is the right place, but at any rate I am adding some more info.  

I am 15DPO, day 30 of my cycle. Average cycle length is 30 days, we DTD on day 13. I am pretty sure I O'd on day 15, but not positive, because I am only monitoring CM. According to my CM I *might* have been fertile on day 13, but I am not sure. I am breastfeeding my 11-month old and it's been only very recently that he started sleeping through the night. I've had my period back since 3 months PP. 

This morning I took a Clearblue digital test and it was positive. I was in shock. A few hours later I tested again just to be sure, again with Clearblue. This time it was negative. 

I did some Googling, realized that CB has been associated with a lot of false positives, and decided to go buy a couple different brands just to be sure. 

I tested with another generic digital and a standard two-line test. Both were negative. 

So, to recap, I had only one positive. Then I had a negative with the SAME brand. Then I had two more negatives. 

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone? Am I pregnant or have I spent my whole Saturday worked up for nothing?

PS--Yes, I have seen peeonastick.com and it's very helpful...just wanted to get opinions from other people!  

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

#2 of 4 Old 02-13-2011, 04:16 AM

I vote it was a false positive. At CD 30 and 15 DPO you should be able to get a positive on pretty much any test on the planet if you were really pregnant.

~Rose

#3 of 4 Old 02-13-2011, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

This morning I tested again with FMU and got a clear second line.  Sounds like it might be the real deal...

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-15-2011, 11:41 AM

I guess you could have gotten an early BFP with FMU, then had more diluted stuff later in the day -- but I'm surprised you'd get false BFNs 15 DPO -- it seems like FMU wouldn't be necessary at that point.  

I was all set to chime in on the false positive bandwagon until I saw that last post!  Are you going to test again tomorrow morning?  

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page