Could I really be pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I haven't been really good about charting my cycles....but now I have a handy-dandy app on my phone, so I plugged my last couple periods into it and have been keeping track of times we were intimate since then (as well as whether we were careful or not). winky.gif

According to the app (which is based off of a 28-day cycle--which my last one was, but I can be fairly irregular) I was fertile from Feb. 5th-11th...with ovulation on the 10th. During that time we were NOT careful on the 5th...which is REALLY early for a successful fertilization, right?

So anyway, on Wednesday the 16th I started feeling crampy in the afternoon and nauseated...but when I had a bout of diarrhea later that evening, I just figured the cramps were from that and the nausea could very well be pinned on the fact that my little dude had been sick (with vomiting the previous weekend and diarrhea all that week) and the fact that I can be a sympathy spewer.

BUT, I have been "feeling pregnant"...and since I've continued with very slight nausea since then I decided that I should go ahead and get some tests (even though I'm not due to start my period till this Thursday--the 24th)...so off I went to get some Dollar Tree ones and then went to Walmart for some early detection ones. The ones I got at Walmart are the First Response ones that supposedly can give you results 6 days before your period is due.

So last night I was impatient, so I "wasted" a Dollar Tree one. It was negative, but I figured it probably would be...since they are cheap and are not really designed for early detection. Impatiently I waited till this morning till dh left for work (since I don't wanna freak him out should I really be pregnant...since we weren't gonna start trying till April or May)...and then took a First Response one.

THIS is what it looks like...there is a VERY faint second line... Could I actually be pregnant or is it just wishful thinking (since I found out last week that both my sis and sis-in-law are pregnant)?!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#2 of 8 Old 02-21-2011, 01:06 PM

It looks positive to me!  A line is a line ... I'd take another tomorrow if I were you!

Gina, wife to DH, mama to my heart breaker Cecelia (10/13/07) and
welcoming our new baby boy Henry (03/08/10)
#3 of 8 Old 02-22-2011, 09:18 AM

If it's showing up that well in a photo, and it's definitely pink, that's a positive!!! Congrats!!

Just curious, what app are you using? Is it an actual charting app where you can enter your fertility signs or just a cycle calender? If it's just giving you a generic fertile range based on cycle length then it's pretty much worthless if you are trying to avoid pregnancy (assuming that's what you were using it for.) It's very possible (and if you are pregnant highly likely) that you ovulated earlier than the magical cycle day 14.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#4 of 8 Old 02-22-2011, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

It's just a period tracker. It does base it off length of cycle, which it determines based off previous cycle lengths (so it's not just off the "typical" 28 day cycle)...but yeah, it's nothing fancy and we weren't using it to keep from getting pregnant or anything...more just like a way for me to have a better idea of when to expect my period (cause I lose track pretty easily) and a general idea of when to be more cautious about using protection (but obviously we ended up skipping the protection the one time the very first day of when I was supposedly fertile).

Kind of weepy right now though, cause I've been spotting since Saturday (but all brownish and light till today...then a bit more and red today) and my SIL (who I consulted since she's been pregnant 7 times and has 6 kids...so I figure she should know a bit more than me) told me to take tylenol and a warm bath and take another pregnancy test. So I did and then two more and all three came back negative. SIL told me one of three things could have happened: a false positive, a very early miscarriage, or I'm still pregnant but since I'm still two days from when my cycle is due to start and I did these tests in the afternoon (vs. early morning pee) they aren't picking up enough HCG.

In any case...I'm emotional and weepy at the moment. Guess it's a wait and see thing at this point.

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#5 of 8 Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thought I should just post an update. I lost my little sprite last Wednesday. I'm pretty sure what I had was a chemical pregnancy, since I had what seemed to be implantation cramping and spotting and constant nausea for several days before the positive test. Then, less than two days later I started passing bright red clots and had several tests come out negative.

I cried a lot (so much my eyeballs hurt) for a couple days, then decided I needed to get a few things accomplished with kiddo and house before trying again, then found out my sis lost her little sprite two days after me (she found out about 5 days before me)...so more crying, then found out an absolute plethora of people I know are newly expecting...so even more crying!! So now I think we are gonna start trying right away...which means this weekend since we wanna try for a girl!!

Decluttering my life...

#6 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 AM

I am so very very sorry.

You are in my hopes and prayers.

Trin.

#7 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 11:49 AM

hug2.gif  I'm so sorry.

#8 of 8 Old 03-11-2011, 02:41 PM

Sorry you lost your little sprite and sorry to your sister too.  Good luck TTC!  hug.gif

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page