STRONGLY DISAPPROVE PARAGARD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my daughter sept of 2010 it is now march 2010 and I am pregnant again, YES i am on the paragard, what else do you do when you think you are protected and you are not, please i strongly recommend you do your research on this, so many threads that i have read have said i was on it two years, one year, six months, i was on it four months and i got pregnant again, im so angry i just want to sign up for every thread available and post negative comments about it, and if you do decide to get it and end up pregnant it could cause a 30% chance of miscarriage, i just want other women to know about this because i feel like it is the worst mistake i have ever made

#2 of 8 Old 03-08-2011, 12:03 PM

Hugs to you.  Becoming pregnant so quickly after having a child while taking necessary precautions--so stressful! I can see why you would be so upset about it :(  :(  I just want to say that I had the paragard IUD in for over two years and never became pregnant. I'm sorry for your negative experience and wish you strength to make it through!

#3 of 8 Old 03-08-2011, 12:25 PM

My mom had a Paraguard in when she got pregnant with my little sister.  In my mom's case they decided to leave it in, and my sister was born healthy (though 6 weeks early) without any problems.  Just an anecdote for you.  I have an IUD, also, but I got the Mirena, and part of the reason was my mom's experience.

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#4 of 8 Old 03-09-2011, 09:53 AM

that's because it has a 1% failure rate like any other birth control.  It's probably not higher than that, you just see people posting about it because all of the women in the 1% are shocked/upset!

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#5 of 8 Old 03-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Banned

Not to threadjack, but CallMeMomma - how are you liking Mirena?  I'm strongly considering it. 

I've heard some women stop getting their periods almost completely.  Has that been your experience?

I have pretty heavy periods and short cycles so without BCP I have period about half the time (yeah). 

Did you get any breakthrough bleeding?

#6 of 8 Old 03-09-2011, 10:14 AM

I got pregnant after 5 years happily using a copper T para-guard. They couldn't get it out because the string wrapped up and around it. They left it in. My twins died at almost 6 months for "no reason"....they were born still. The "no reason" fails to mention how common second and third trimester stillbirth is with an IUD in place.

I hate IUD's for this reason. Don't get one. If you don't want to be pregnant again...opt for something else. Anything else. There is a really great option that is a no surgery option called Essure for those who want to be DONE.

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#7 of 8 Old 03-09-2011, 02:47 PM

Please don't assume Mirena is safe either. I got pregnant with Mirena in place last year. I miscarried on Mother's Day : ( I was told that mirena was just as effective as sterilization.

Wife of 20 years to my superhero firefighting DH. SAHM to 2 boys and 2 girls (3 babies in Heaven- Baby # 5 5/2010 & Baby #6 8/2011 & Baby # 7 2/1013). Cancer Survivor 2011 ( Persistent Malignant Gestational Trophoblastic Disease)

#8 of 8 Old 03-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned

I can't use Essure.   Allergies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page