weird period while breastfeeding - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-17-2011, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got my first period at 19 months pp. It was normal and heavy as expected, so no big deal. I started Jan 29th and it lasted until Feb 2nd. For my 2nd period, I was 2 weeks late with some odd symptoms here and there, and a little weight gain. I didn't feel pregnant, really, so I never tested as I assumed that this was just normal. Then, I noticed in my 2nd week of being late, I was having EWCM, and lots of it for days. I also had a weird pain in my lower right quadrant for a day, then it's like it switched to the other side the next. It was only noticable when I would stand up. Not to mention, I was peeing like a race horse because I was drinking so much water thinking I was getting a UTI. Then, those pains ceased and no more EWCM. Went a couple of days and felt normal. This past Monday I started spotting barely enough to make it to the pad. That continued on for two days, then Wed, it picked up a little bit with some clots, but still not heavy enough to change my pad. I passed a huge clot that was stretchy and stringy and a thick consistency, but I didn't think much of it. I also noticed that I seemed to be passing some tissue. TMI:  I passed something that looked like a small ball of tissue no bigger than a pepper corn. That worried me a little bit as it was fleshy colored. Not sure what to make of it.So here I am thinking I am pregnant and miscarrying or something because after passing that I'm barely even spotting and its more pinkish and watery. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. 

Should I be worried? My biggest fear is it is a tubal pregnancy with all the weird symptoms I was having in my sides those two days, and not to mention, I am not cramping at all, only mildly yesterday. Please, tell me this is normal because I am still breastfeeding. I have no insurance and don't really want to make a trip to the ER over this if it is really nothing. Sharing your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

#2 of 4 Old 03-17-2011, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

I also forgot to mention that my temp has stayed up around 99.7 and sometimes even 100.4, but it goes up and down and mostly stays at 99.2-99.7

#3 of 4 Old 03-17-2011, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

It could be a miscarriage or it could be hormonal. I've been dealing with both the last year and it is crazy making. With the hormonal stuff I've had small clots and lots of weird cm but no tissue. If you are passing tissue I would suspect a really early miscarriage. With my first miscarriage (12 years ago) it was early and not very much tissue at all. I never got a positive pregnancy test with that baby because by the time I realized what was happening it was already over. With my 8 week loss it stayed positive for the first few days of bleeding but was negative pretty quickly after I passed the baby.

I would really watch your temp because it can be a sign of infection. Watch for any odor coming from down there too. If you do start bleeding heavily, like enough to soak a pad in an hour, go to the ER. Other than that, I wouldn't personally choose to be seen by them.

ETA: with regard to the side pain, I would not think tubal since it has stopped and also it was on both sides. I don't know for sure, but I think the pain would be only on one side and would continue getting worse.

#4 of 4 Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply! I'm trying not to worry as I do tend to over analyze every symptom. I'm definitely keeping an eye on things and just hoping it's because my little girl has been nursing a lot more due to teething and ear infection. That would be great if that is the main cause for this unusual period. My last period was cramp free as well. I just have to wonder if I will be lucky enough to have cramp free periods as opposed to how bad they were prior to my pregnancies. Ahh, the joys of being a woman, I guess. I will be totally relieved if this is all normal as we have been TTA, but only sometimes using protection, other times it is the withdraw. He is going to get "fixed", though. So my worry days will soon be over, I hope. lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page