You'd think I would know, right? Mamas of 3 or more, what were your subsequent pregnancies like? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm breastfeeding my 3rd baby, and wondering why I have been cramping these past 3 days when AF was due last Thursday (4 days ago).  I keep expecting AF ... but not one sign at all, except this cramping.  My youngest baby is 16 months-going on 17 months old.  I am not ready to be pregnant again.  And yet... just wondering if I could possibly be preggo.  I can't even remember whether I felt like this before with the others, even though they were all within the past 6 years!  LOL. 

When you've had two or three or more babies, did you just know when you were pregnant again?  Did your early symptoms change? 

I feel silly posting this, but am curious too what others have to say.  thanks for listening!

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
#2 of 5 Old 05-08-2011, 06:03 PM

I just found out today that I'm pg with #4 and I had NO IDEA.  DD is 22 months and still nurses, I did get AF back a few months ago, but it wasn't really regular.  Last month I had what I now know was implantation bleeding but until i poas today (at Target no less) I had no clue. AF was due about 4 days ago. I'm in shock.  We thought we were done, I guess someone had other plans...

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#3 of 5 Old 05-08-2011, 06:34 PM

I was still nursing ds when I got pg with DD2 (so DD2 is my third child). Ds was 12 months and af was every couple months. I noticed that my milk was low. I didn't really feel pg nor did it cross the front of my mind. I was eating oatmeal trying to help up my supply and it would make me sick to my stomach every day. I finally put 2 and 2 together and took a test. Yup almost 11 wks along! In hind sight I "knew" I was pg but was in such great denial I didn't see it. The spacing worked out beautifully. I love it and they love one another. Good luck!

Oh and to answer your question my nausea got much better with each pg. I did get crampy with all 3.

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#4 of 5 Old 05-08-2011, 08:23 PM

Another one here that had no idea I was pg #4! With most of my pgs, I've known very early on, just instinct. I didn't with DD2 for a few days but we'd been TTC for a year at that point and I wasn't trusting and listening to my body. This time I got pg when DS was barely 18 months and din't know for a month, had some symptoms but they could be chalked up to other things. Exhaustion, gained some weight, but then I got food poisoning at a holiday party and my whole body was thrown off so I blamed things on that. I was driving home one day, and suddenly thought I was going to throw up right then, it came on so fast that the second I got home, I took a pg test. Course then I had no idea that I had been pg for the past month, I found that out later. 

This pg has by far, been the hardest. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#5 of 5 Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 PM

With my first 2, I new early on I was pregnant, especially with my second.  I remember sitting at work about 1 week after conception and having a wave of nausea overcome me and suddenly I was starving.  I remember thinking that if I didn't know better (he was conceived a lot earlier in my cycle), I would think I was pregnant.  After that, I was starving every morning and I was sore.  By the time, my AF was due, it was just to confirm what I already new.  With my third though, I did not have a clue.  I remember noticing that AF was late.  It was busy season at work, and I just hadn't really realized it.  I decided to get a test on the way home from work and as I stood in line, I remember thinking to myself that it was a waste of money.  Low and behold, I was wrong and we had a baby on the way.  Every baby is different.  Sometimes, you catch on right away and others not so quickly. 

Jodi

Mom to three great boys Michael (Sept/01), Carter (Nov/05) and Reid (March/10).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page