I'm flipping out. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-18-2011, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I charted while TTC DD.  Now that she's here, we are just using condoms.  I wanted to chart to avoid, but DH doesn't trust it. *rolls eyes*.  

While charting AF always came 12 days after I ovulated.  My cycles are usually about 33 days or so apart give or take a little. I could set my clock by the 12 days, but the whole cycle time varies by a few days.  

This month all I can tell you was that my last AF was 48 days ago.  I saw super heavy CM on April 1st. (17 days ago!)

I took 2 FRERs yesterday and they both showed 1 one. After a couple hours later they both showed two lines. (I know those are invalid!)

This morning I took two dollar store tests and there was 1 line.  

Would you be filling out too?  I have a 7 month old and we are trying to sell our house before trying for #2.  I can't imagine doing it right now.

I just need moral support. I know the answer is to wait and see. Life experiences one way or the other are welcome "this happened to me me and I wasn't / was" would help.  

When I was pregnant with DD I took a test before bed and the next morning I saw the test had two lines. Only other time that has happened to me before. I'm sure that's the reason for me freaking out.

Married to a wonderful man and we have 1 adorable baby girl (8/30/2010) and 2 furbabies.
#2 of 12 Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

So to be clear, you're saying your temps have remained high for 17 days?  Or are you not temping, just charting CF?   Can you share your chart?

I know for me, that charting to avoid has not been working while nursing and especially during the wonky postpartum cycles. I get a clear biphasic pattern alright, but my fertility signs leading up to O are not always clear.  We ended up with TWO oops kids b/c of it.  Yes, apparently one oops wasn't enough for us!  So IME, condoms are a good idea!  lol.gif  But I wanted to add, that the stress of selling your house, moving, etc. may have pushed your ovulation off.  Moving is no minimal matter!  I know this, too, because both times our oops happened, we were in the processing of moving!!!   Perhaps your body tried to O, hence the CF 17 days ago, but didn't succeed and either succeeded a few days later or will try again shortly.  Did you continue to use condoms after that patch of CF?  If not, that could explain an oops!  If you weren't temping there is really no way to know if you O'd unless you can always feel ovulation.  So AF could be just a few days away or you might not have even O'd yet at all.

So, unless you did get a temp spike 17 days ago, I wouldn't worry too much, it could just be a long cycle for you.  If you did spike.. well, I would expect a BFP within the next few days and if not, you could make an appointment for a blood test in a week or so.  I know there are quite a few women on these boards that continually fail HPT's and some even fail blood tests!  Keep us updated!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 12 Old 04-19-2011, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Just charting CF.

I still haven't started, and feel no PMS symptoms.    -- Thanks for the idea bout my body trying to ovulate and not being successful because of stress.  I haven't been particularly unhappy/stressed, but lots of things going on.  That makes sense even if I am pregnant.  I can't exactly remember when, but we didn't "do the deed" too close to that ovulation time.  It could have been that I didn't ovulate when I thought I did.  Since I thought I was well over that time of the month, we did have a time where we weren't as careful. (sorry for TMI, but we had a little uncondomed foreplay if ykwim well after I thought I ovulated.)  

I'm not worried about the pregnancy tests eventually coming back + if did happen to be pregnant.  The tests came back positive the first time fine.  

Update about the tests -  I reviewed the pics of my positives from DD and it's not very comforting! It reminds me lots of the early ones I'm getting now!  

I took one this morning that was negative, but here I am 30 minutes later and there's a faint line .... Still beyond the 10 minutes where it's ok to take the test as a real positive.  

Married to a wonderful man and we have 1 adorable baby girl (8/30/2010) and 2 furbabies.
#4 of 12 Old 04-19-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reneeisorym View Post

Since I thought I was well over that time of the month, we did have a time where we weren't as careful. (sorry for TMI, but we had a little uncondomed foreplay if ykwim well after I thought I ovulated.)  

Yep, and hence the issue with CTA postpartum!  IME CF alone is just not reliable evidence of ovulation.  At any rate, if the tests are reminding you of your first pregnancy, how long do you anticipate it taking to get a BFP if you are indeed pg?  I might opt for a quick call into my GP asking for a blood test in the next couple days just to alleviate the anxiety, unless of course, you enjoy the suspense?  lol.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#5 of 12 Old 04-19-2011, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42439120@N03/5634397941/

This is the only FRER I took and the one that I looked at 2 hours later.

The rest of the tests I have taken have been an "Answer" one that had a similar result a while later.  The rest have been dollar store tests.

#6 of 12 Old 04-19-2011, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post
if the tests are reminding you of your first pregnancy, how long do you anticipate it taking to get a BFP if you are indeed pg

So thankful I took pictures last time! (and saved them!)

DPO 10: Test looked like there was a line hours later

DPO 11: So faint it took a magnifying glass 

DPO 12: Faint, but totally there

I'm thinking I need to go by a FRER.  Maybe by tomorrow I'll get a real result?

#7 of 12 Old 04-19-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Isn't that one of the dollar store tests?  I've never used one of those before.  Does one line mean pregnant? 

#8 of 12 Old 04-20-2011, 04:00 PM
RTT

Quote:

This is the only FRER I took and the one that I looked at 2 hours later.

The rest of the tests I have taken have been an "Answer" one that had a similar result a while later.  The rest have been dollar store tests.

This is one you just took? To me, that's a positive test. The dye only picks up hcg, so I don't think it's an evap line.

#9 of 12 Old 04-20-2011, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTT View Post

This is one you just took? To me, that's a positive test. The dye only picks up hcg, so I don't think it's an evap line.

I have taken three tests like this - 2 FRER and 1 "Answer" - All three showed no line during the 3-10 min window, but showed a line I would swear had color later when it was dryer - like an hour later.  Never had anything like this happen except when I was pregnant with DD.  I know you can't go by what it says after 10 min, but that's the part that's freaking me out.1

I didn't test today.  I'm waiting until tomorrow.  The dollar store tests were late giving me a BFP last time, so trust the FRERs for early results.  

#10 of 12 Old 04-24-2011, 05:44 PM

that looks positive to me! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#11 of 12 Old 04-24-2011, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Ok so to update - I just started AF!  I wasn't ready for another one.  I like to plan things!!!

Now I can breathe!  Thanks for the help!

#12 of 12 Old 04-25-2011, 01:16 PM

I was wondering!  Thanks for the update!  So I guess the moral of this story is that you really can't trust the test after that 10 minute window.  lol.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page