Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness Method - May - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 06-01-2011, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The lack of recent temps wasn't intentional, I'm having a really hard time getting back into the habit of temping.  I either get woken up too early by ds, forget to bring my phone into the bedroom where I can hear the alarm to remind me to temp, can't find my thermometer because ds has found it and left it somewhere strange, or any combination of all of those.  I was so excited to be able to pin down O within a few days this last time.

I am spotting now, more than I was this morning and last night, and it's gone back to bright red from brown, so I'm pretty sure this is just a wacky period.  I'll definitely take a shorter one after last months though!

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

#62 of 68 Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jodi5 View Post

Kcroto, glad you have a plan.

Thanks. :) I remember with Lucy that I felt as if I was cycling without a period for several months; I'd get all my quasi-PMS signs, but never actually bleed. I wasn't charting at the time, so I can only assume that was estrogen spikes without ovulation.

Today is The Big Day, and I'm finding myself more than a little sad, but I also know this is the right decision for us. I am NOT going back on hormonal BC or getting another IUD, as both were disasters for me, and I would like to think I'd never cheat on FAM to cause an oops, buuuuuuut...and if we DID have an oops, I'm afraid that there would be blame thrown back and forth.

This way, if there was an oops (which there really shouldn't be, as from what I've heard, failure statistics for vasectomies mostly come from people having unprotected sex before the urologist pronounces them sperm-free), at least it's not through something I did wrong, you know?

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

#63 of 68 Old 06-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

JMJ, I'm sad you won't be around as much- I was hoping to learn more from you!  shy.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#64 of 68 Old 06-02-2011, 08:49 PM
JMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

JMJ, I'm sad you won't be around as much- I was hoping to learn more from you!  shy.gif

Awww, thanks.  I'll probably hang out to answer questions for a while, and if you have a question that doesn't get answered, you can always PM me.  It seems like you know a lot already and are doing a great job helping people out.

Speaking of which, I wonder if you might be a good person to be a thread keeper for June.  I know JustKate has been swamped by moving, and I'm sure that's why she hasn't had a chance to get the new thread up... or even to get online recently.  You basically just have to copy the first post into a new thread, move people around as they update their status, and link people's charts as they give them to you.  Also, post on the previous month's thread that there is a new thread up.  If you need help with logistics, I can help or point you to someone who can.  When JustKate gets back, you could work out with her who wants to be thread keeper, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind a break while she gets settled in.  I can do it if you don't want to, but I think it would be better if it's somebody who is actually CTA this month.

#65 of 68 Old 06-03-2011, 11:55 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ View Post

Speaking of which, I wonder if you might be a good person to be a thread keeper for June.  I know JustKate has been swamped by moving, and I'm sure that's why she hasn't had a chance to get the new thread up... or even to get online recently.  You basically just have to copy the first post into a new thread, move people around as they update their status, and link people's charts as they give them to you.  Also, post on the previous month's thread that there is a new thread up.  If you need help with logistics, I can help or point you to someone who can.  When JustKate gets back, you could work out with her who wants to be thread keeper, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind a break while she gets settled in.  I can do it if you don't want to, but I think it would be better if it's somebody who is actually CTA this month.

Well, I'm not CTA as I'm pregnant with my #2 oops!  lol.gif  So maybe someone else that will be more active in the thread?  I was planning on mostly lurking to glean more info until after this baby is born.  orngbiggrin.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#66 of 68 Old 06-03-2011, 02:43 PM
JMJ

Fair point.  In lieu of other takers and assuming that JustKate will be back soon, I started the June thread, but I'm going to laugh if the one month I'm the thread keeper for the CTA thread is when I get pregnant! (on purpose)  Here's the new thread, everybody.

#67 of 68 Old 07-12-2011, 09:41 AM

Would love to join!  I've been reading TCOYF and just began charting this week.  I knew my period was on it's way and wanted to get some temps leading up to get an idea of my body's shift.  Today was day 1 of "red blood" (had the slightest spot yesterday) yet my temp didn't shift down today.  I realize that I haven't had a full month of charting to go on, but does this mean that I likely didn't ovulate this month?  I do remember that I had fertile cervical fluid this month, but again I wasn't charting yet, so no temps to verify.  Anyway, just curious as a general rule if your temp doesn't drop on period day, does this mean I didn't ovulate? Thanks for any helpful info!  

#68 of 68 Old 07-12-2011, 11:08 AM
JMJ

Welcome, JulesJourney!

Anovulatory cycles are very uncommon.  Sometimes, your temp drops before your period starts, and sometimes it doesn't drop until a few days after AF starts.  It is common to have it line up perfectly that your temp takes a big dip the day your period starts, but it doesn't mean there is anything wrong if it doesn't line up exactly.  It's likely that your temp will drop in the next couple days, and you'll know more after charting a whole cycle.

Are you charting on Fertility Friend?  If so, feel free to post or PM me with the link to your chart so that I can link it on the front page so people can find it to help you out without you having to post the link every time you have a question.

ETA: I just realized this was posted on the thread for May.  We have a new thread each month.  Come join us in the the July Thread!  I added you to our list on that thread!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page