So am I preg? Thoughts? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-08-2011, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 11mo DD and cycles are 100% normal, 28-29 day cycles. I had unprotected sex on CD 10, 11, 13 & 14. First day of my last period was April 24th or 25 (forgot) preceeding periods were march 28, feb. 28

All this week I have had slippery verrrry wet CM, and today and yesterday it stretched a ton in my fingers. I also have had abdominal cramping all week. Could be ovulation?

Do you ladies think I am at a high risk of pregnancy? When should I test?

Dixielane (22) Wife to DH,  co-sleeping familybed1.gif, saynovax.gifexclusive BFing, BWing femalesling.GIF
Mommy to DD "S" born May 2010energy.gif & EXPECTING #2!! babyf.gifpos.gif due Jan. 2012
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart"

#2 of 10 Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Sounds like you have had fertile CF during the time that you DTD, especially yesterday.  Sperm can live in fertile CF for many days, even up to a week in rare cases.  Do you temp?  It would be helpful in order to confirm O, but it does sound like you are gearing up to O today or in the next 2-3 days.  A lot of women dry up the day after O- what's your CF like today?  It can also be tricky not to confuse fluids from DTD with CF.  Doing kegels directly after sex (if not ttc) or a few hours later (if ttc) can help reduce confusion.  The other thing you can check is your cervical position.  High, soft and open would mean no O yet.  Low, firm and closed would be a good sign that you already ovulated.  As for the cramping... I have no experience feeling ovulation, but I believe those that do usually describe it as a sharp pain on one day.  I have also heard some women talk of implantation pain, but it's too early for that.

So yes, I would say you definitely timed sex well for pregnancy.  I can't quite tell if that's what you were hoping for or not?  :)  HPT should be accurate (for most woman) in 2 weeks, plus or minus a few days b/c you have not confirmed your O day.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 10 Old 05-09-2011, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

I have never really checked my cervical position before. I checked this morn and I can't tell anything. Everything in there feels soft lol and I don't really know if my cervix is high or lOw.. It's hard to reach anytime I check It lol but sex the last week feels like it's lower bc DH "runs into" it alot more and I feel pressure when that happens..plus after I had my baby it seems so impossible to tell if my cervix is open! The opening seems oval now after I had DD

Who knows lol

My cm this morn is... Pastey. Not slippery clear and all over the place. More scant, still a little watery but mostly pastey.. When I checked my cervix my finger really wasn't not super wet. I'm dry compared to how I was like niagra falls the last week LOL

Im still crampy - it's weird, almost like pms, small but noticeable, and made it uncomfy to stomach sleep last night.

We aren't trying trying.. Lol

Dixielane (22) Wife to DH,  co-sleeping familybed1.gif, saynovax.gifexclusive BFing, BWing femalesling.GIF
Mommy to DD "S" born May 2010energy.gif & EXPECTING #2!! babyf.gifpos.gif due Jan. 2012

#4 of 10 Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielane View Post

but sex the last week feels like it's lower bc DH "runs into" it alot more and I feel pressure when that happens..

That's often how I check my CP as well!  LOL!  Yeah, if you're not used to checking it all throughout your cycle then it's hard to just jump in and figure out what's going on.  But generally, firm feels like the tip of your nose and soft feels like your lips. 

But pasty/sticky CF would likely indicate that you ovulated yesterday.  So I would go off of that day to count your DPO.  So you're 1 DPO today and HPT's have been known to turn up positive as early as 9 or 10 DPO, though I generally wait until a few days past my longest LP.  Sounds like you might have a 12-14 day LP based on what you've said about your cycles.  You can always pick up some dollar store HPT's and test a few times toward the end if you're getting antsy.  :)

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#5 of 10 Old 05-09-2011, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

I wonder why I am so crampy? Still, tonight feel very heavy and pms-y in my lower abdomen... And I'm not Just imagining it bc pregnancy is on my mind.. I can't sleep on my belly bc it feels just tense. Like I'm fixin to start my period.

Is there a reason this could be caused by conception/implantation process? (even tho I know implantation isn't immediate!) I just am really wondering bc I never feel this way monthly, and it happens on the 2 weeks I am highly fertile and had unprotected sex.

I'm fairly dry today too, cm stayed pastey and i don't get much of anything on my finger down there at all. I wassuper duper wet Saturday and sunday

#6 of 10 Old 05-11-2011, 06:13 PM

Crampiness could be caused by semen or even possibly implantation. Since you have DTD everyday for the past few days, sperm was likely already *right there* when you o'ed and so it is possible you are feeling implantation. Semen has prostoglandins that cause uterine cramping. That's why having sex to induce labor can be very effective. winky.gif

If your CM stays sticky or creamy or anything but dry for the next few days, that could be an indication of conception. You'll just have to try and be patient until you can test! I have gotten a + as soon as 8 DPO. Hope that helps!

ETA: My last pregnancy: The cycle I got pg I knew I was by about 4 DPO because my CM stayed sticky/creamy instead of going dry as usual. Hormones!

chicken3.gif    happy homesteading-homebirthing-homeschooling-student midwife-mama to a small handful of little ones and joyful wife to my artist man.

#7 of 10 Old 05-13-2011, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyme Mama View Post

Crampiness could be caused by semen or even possibly implantation. Since you have DTD everyday for the past few days, sperm was likely already *right there* when you o'ed and so it is possible you are feeling implantation. Semen has prostoglandins that cause uterine cramping. That's why having sex to induce labor can be very effective. winky.gif

If your CM stays sticky or creamy or anything but dry for the next few days, that could be an indication of conception. You'll just have to try and be patient until you can test! I have gotten a + as soon as 8 DPO. Hope that helps!

ETA: My last pregnancy: The cycle I got pg I knew I was by about 4 DPO because my CM stayed sticky/creamy instead of going dry as usual. Hormones!

So since I made this post I've had cramps every evening and just tonight I had (sorry TMI ahead) looooads of pastey, sticky CM in my panties. And the same sticky pastey stuff yesterday. I had dollar tree tests so I went ahead and took em but they were negative.. Duh. I'm probably a week early in testing.

I don't know what to think! The more I think I'm preg the more I want to be, so I wonder if it'd making me think I'm preg when I'm not. Lol

#8 of 10 Old 05-19-2011, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielane View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyme Mama View Post

So since I made this post I've had cramps every evening and just tonight I had (sorry TMI ahead) looooads of pastey, sticky CM in my panties. And the same sticky pastey stuff yesterday. I had dollar tree tests so I went ahead and took em but they were negative.. Duh. I'm probably a week early in testing.

I don't know what to think! The more I think I'm preg the more I want to be, so I wonder if it'd making me think I'm preg when I'm not. Lol

AN UPDATE: I found out today, 2 days before my period is due that I am pregnant :)) Thanks ladies for your responses!!

#9 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 08:19 AM

Congrats!!  joy.gif

#10 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 PM

i knew it! winky.gif congrats mama! joy.gif

chicken3.gif    happy homesteading-homebirthing-homeschooling-student midwife-mama to a small handful of little ones and joyful wife to my artist man.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page