Endometrial ablation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2011, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone done this or considered it? Ive always had heavy bleeding along with 'put me in bed cramps' and we are done having more babies. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have had it done and know many others who also had it done. For some, it is wonderful- no periods at all, cramps gone, life is wonderful. For one lady I know, she had a hysterectomy a year later. She is incredibly overwieght, so her problems may have been more severe.

When I had one done, my dr. "zapped" my tubes (if your dh doesn't have a vasectomy, they insist on a tubal because the ablation itself doesn't prevent conception). My dh had a V years ago, so this was not for BC reasons. My bleeding has gone from 5 days awful bleeding to 2-3 light days. Fine- I am okay with still having AF. However, when she zapped my tubes, it created scar tissue, which adhered to the other scar tissue I have from previous sections, apendectomy, etc. Also, my ovary and tube are now connected. So now, once a month, as my uterus contracts, I am in INTENSE pain. I mean can't walk someone is ripping major organs from my body stabbing pain. I will need a hysterectomy as soon as I can afford one and schedule the time. But for now, once a month I spend a day on pain meds and in bed. Sigh. Also, when I had an ultrasound to see if they could pinpoint why I was having this pain, the tech said, "oh, you must be getting ready to start AF." nope, I had just had it. So apparently my uterine lining is still really think. I do have middle cycle spotting when my 13 year old has her period and I can always tell when ovulation is occuring- twinges are very pronounced.

So, I would take into account these things: Have you had other abdominal surgeries? if not, you will probably do fine. Is your problem just cramps and heavy bleeding? This may be for you. But do some research and talk to your doctor.

User Tag List