Creighton Model anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-03-2011, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I started using the Creighton model in January.  I LOVE it.  I feel much more confident and I'm able to keep up observations better than temping. 

My teacher is great, but sometimes I have silly questions, and I'd love to talk about them on here like all the sympto-thermal people do - I just don't see many Creighton users.  I'd love to have a thread for us, if anyone is game?  Maybe Billings users, too?  I know they're really similar, but I don't know that much about Billings. 

Anybody out there?

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

#2 of 6 Old 06-04-2011, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

After googling and googling, I finally found this website:

http://www.nfpwebcharting.com/

I don't know why no one has seemed to have heard of it, or why it doesn't come up higher in the searches, but it's the only charting resource for Creighton users - you're supposed to have taken a class to use it (but I guess everyone is supposed to take the class).  It seems to be new and need a little work, but I'm excited that it's there! 

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

#3 of 6 Old 06-04-2011, 12:22 PM
JMJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The charting thread is really for anybody who is charting in any method.  A lot of people are using the sympto-thermal method, but you can find people who are well-versed in mucus-only rules.  There are people charting mucus-only, temp-only, OPK's, fertility monitors, ovulation pain, cervix position, moods, and any other symptoms they wish to chart.  Not everyone charts every symptom, but we help each other out with what we do know, so please join us to ask your questions and share what you know.

I haven't taken a full one on one course in Creighton, but my Catholic Diocese has a very strong Creighton presence, and I did some Creighton work in my marriage prep.  I finally settled on the sympto-thermal method because I was having continuous less-fertile mucus (yellow sticker) every day from the time my period ended to the time my period started again, so I got far enough to know that Creighton wouldn't have worked for me at that time, but I could talk intelligently about it with somebody who it is working for.  I get regular updates from the Pope Paul VI Institute, and I'm still in contact with my Creighton instructor.

Thanks for sharing that link.  I'll add it to the list of charting resources.  Does it have an option for sharing your chart?  If you have any other ideas about how we could make the CTA thread more open to mucus-only charters, let me (or whoever is thread keeper that month) know.

#4 of 6 Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, JMJ

I didn't see how you could share your chart - and also, I had a lot of trouble inputting my info into the chart.  I sent an email to the site owner with some questions - hopefully it will grow and become better. 

I use yellow stickers too, but only in my post peak phase, and I've felt pretty confident with it.  In fact, I feel way more sure about this than I did with sympto-thermal - I was always doubting that my temperature was right if I stayed up too late, or did anything unusual the night before - which seemed to happen a lot!  :) 

I'll head over to the CTA thread and ask some of my questions there.  Thanks!

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

#5 of 6 Old 06-08-2011, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quick question for ya. I just contacted a Creighton Instructor who is supposed to give me a call sometime this week but I was curious about how much the classes cost you? How much total out of pocket is it I guess? I really want to learn Creighton but I'm not sure if we can afford it in our current situation. DH is graduating in a few months so I'm contemplating holding off for a while. But I also have a 6 week old DD and DON"T want to end up pregnant again so I need to keep this a priority. Anyway, any info you can give me would be a huge help! Nancy McGrath is the instructor who will be contacting me and we will be doing the distance learning method if we go through with it. thank you!!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#6 of 6 Old 06-08-2011, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Erica - they are a bit expensive.  It was $40 for the initial materials and $40 for each appointment, I think.  They continue to schedule follow ups for awhile, but I think if money is a concern you can cancel anytime.  Also, my information said that if money is a concern they can make arrangements to help with the cost.  I don't know if every teacher charges the same amount, though - mine is in WV.

I'm doing distance learning via skype - and it has been great for us.  We were concerned about the money at first, because we're on a tight budget these days too, but I'm so glad we did it.  It's the best method we've ever used, and I feel confident every month, instead of always guessing about what was going on - and I think having an instructor was a big part of that. With kids keeping me up at night, temping just wasn't an option for me, and we don't want to use HBC.  It's quite a lot at first, but I imagine it's much cheaper than years of the pill.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post

Quick question for ya. I just contacted a Creighton Instructor who is supposed to give me a call sometime this week but I was curious about how much the classes cost you? How much total out of pocket is it I guess? I really want to learn Creighton but I'm not sure if we can afford it in our current situation. DH is graduating in a few months so I'm contemplating holding off for a while. But I also have a 6 week old DD and DON"T want to end up pregnant again so I need to keep this a priority. Anyway, any info you can give me would be a huge help! Nancy McGrath is the instructor who will be contacting me and we will be doing the distance learning method if we go through with it. thank you!!

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page