Questions about Marquette - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2011, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dh and I are looking into NFP.  We don't wake up at the same time every morning and I'm forgetful so I don't think that temping is going to work for me at all.  Then I ran across the Marquette method but I don't seem to understand.

1.Do you HAVE to chart mucus with this method or can you just use the fertility monitor?

2. To fully understand this method, would I have to take a class or can I just follow the instructions on their web site?

anything else to add?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 11:09 PM

You can use the monitor if you like.  I am temping as well so that I have some collaborating evidence, lol.  I think it would work fine though without.  The only issue may be if you get a cycle without a peak reading.  You can learn from the website, I did.  I would suggest joining the forums there.  They will give you information and answer any questions you have.  My first cycle was postpartum and I did catch my first ovulation but did not get a peak reading. The method would have kept me safe though so that is good.  Since I was temping I did see I had ovulated.  Now I am in my first real cycel postpartum and got a peak reading today so we'll see if my temp shift happens soon. 

Mom to three great boys Michael (Sept/01), Carter (Nov/05) and Reid (March/10).

Old 06-11-2011, 08:05 AM

Could you please provide a link to the Marquette forums?  I can't seem to find them.  Thanks!

love.gif my lads whistling.gif(6/2005) &kid.gif (3/2007) *and* lasses hearts.gif(1/2009) & flower.gif (7/2010)

Old 06-11-2011, 10:39 AM

http://nfp.marquette.edu/index.php  

Here you go.  If you click on the little track on line chart on the left side, it will take you to the log-in screen.  From there you can register or login.  Once logged in, a portal will open with the option to track or go to the forum.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Is there a 6 month limit on using these forums? I was afraid to sign up until we were set up with the fertility monitor because that's what it seemed to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi5 View Post

http://nfp.marquette.edu/index.php  

Here you go.  If you click on the little track on line chart on the left side, it will take you to the log-in screen.  From there you can register or login.  Once logged in, a portal will open with the option to track or go to the forum.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:35 PM

There does not seem to be.  I remember reading that too but have been on longer and all is well. 

Old 06-12-2011, 09:36 AM

Thanks for the link! 

love.gif my lads whistling.gif(6/2005) &kid.gif (3/2007) *and* lasses hearts.gif(1/2009) & flower.gif (7/2010)

User Tag List