Anyone successfully avoid pregnancy for 3+ yrs with FAM? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-15-2011, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I need some success stories. I need to know it can be done. I avoided for only 17 cycles before making a mistake.

I cannot risk that again.

Anyone?

PS: less than 3 years success stories also welcome!! :)

joy.gif
"Paradise lies at the feet of mothers"
#2 of 8 Old 06-15-2011, 12:01 PM

I will be following this one to see the stories myself.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#3 of 8 Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 PM
JMJ

If you count ecological breastfeeding, I have avoided successfully for over 3 years.  I was only cycling for almost 1.5 years of that, though.  My parents used NFP all through my mom's fertile years both to plan and prevent pregnancies.  I think my youngest sister was at least 15 when my mom went through menopause, so it worked pretty well for them.

#4 of 8 Old 06-15-2011, 08:33 PM

I've been using FAM for 6 yrs and have been successful in avoiding when wanted.  My youngest turns three next week (she was "planned").  She is currently nursing.  My period returned with her at 17 mo.  We are careful and follow the rules.  Which for me means if I have any doubts about my fertility we abstain or use a condom.

Hope that helps.

#5 of 8 Old 06-19-2011, 03:07 PM

I had my Mirena removed and started with FAM successfully for 33 cycles. I got pregnant on the first cycle we decided to TTC.

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#6 of 8 Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 AM

My DS will be 3 in October -- so we're just about there!  We temp every day and abstain until we're sure of O, and it's worked BEAUTIFULLY.  NFP totally works if you work it! But cheat in even one teeny way and BOOM!

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#7 of 8 Old 06-21-2011, 09:02 AM

I've used NFP for the past 13+ years (4 kids; 3 miscarriages) and all of my pregnancies have been 'planned' or with full knowlege that we were bending the rules and that we were open to the possibility of a baby.  My cycles tend to resume at about 6- 7 months post-partum (even with ecological breastfeeding) so I've charted quite a few cycles.  What I've learned is that if you really need to avoid pregnancy - it's best to be extrememly conservative in the pre-o period of your cycle. (Personally, my cut-off is day 5)   My cycles have also changed quite a lot over time (from 33/35 days to 26/28 days) with my "o" day moving up almost a full week earlier in my cycle than where it was typically 10 years ago. 

#8 of 8 Old 07-25-2011, 09:51 AM

My daughter will be 3 in August and we just started "trying" this month. I got my period back 2 months after her birth even with breastfeeding so we have had to use the family planning method for the entire time, worked for us!

Wife for 11 amazing yrs, Mom to a son REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(10), and three daughters loveeyes.gif (7),  love.gif(4),   energy.gif(3) hbac.gif, ..lost  angel.gif,(5) angel babies to early miscarriage....realizing we were not "finished" so we are expecting a lil BOY 1sttri.gif July 2012

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page