Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness - July - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So so sorry about disappearing. I thought I'd have time to figure out how to start the thread with all of the links before moving cross country to start my ph.d. program, but I was much too optimistic about how efficient I'd be at packing and cleaning, and then there was the exciting process of moving everything I own nine hours away, plus the lack of internet. If no one objects, I'd be happy to get the August thread up and running tonight, but I'd understand if you all feel I've been too unreliable and would prefer to have someone else take over.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 08:36 PM

The new thread is up. Sorry again for the lateness.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ View Post

When you waited 3 months between cleaning, was that while you were in breastfeeding amenorrhea?  When I was breastfeeding (also had my first PPAF at about 21 months), I was pretty much dry every single day until DD was 18 months old, so that could explain why there was nothing there as well.  I don't know if there is a mechanism for CM to be reabsorbed.  It does look like you may have ovulated, but I am hesitant to be sure, especially because of the new thermometer.

I would also like to say that the temp-only rules, to the exclusion of observing CM, are not as accurate as CM-only or STM methods.  Especially for the pre-O temperature-only rules, they are taught in the STM to be only if you are dry on those days.  There is a small but real chance that if you chose to clean your pessary on "first day of temp rise" minus 7 (theoretically last safe day), you may find CM that you would have seen otherwise, and you could potentially get pregnant from that.  The pre-ovulation temperature-only rules are a slightly more accurate "rhythm" method in that they use your previous cycle history to guess what is going to happen with your cycle this time.  CM is the only way to give you up-to-date information on this cycle.

I want to give you the information you need to chart effectively with temperature-only if that is what you desire, but I want to make it clear that I do not recommend using something that is going to create a barrier that is going to obscure your CM.  I don't know how well sperm would survive.  Does blood pass through when you are on your period?  If so, it is conceivable that some CM could slip by and nourish sperm.  Honestly, though, my knowledge is about a woman's normal cycle, not much about trying to get around it.

the 3 months between cleaning happened while trying to conceive dd1. i wasnt on anything and couldnt conceive until after i took out the pessary. af will come out but not much and only when i sit down on the toilet. so i tend to take it out for the five days.

for what it is worth, i never found cm on the outside of the pessary only on the inside. my temp took a dip today.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.

User Tag List