Mothering Forum banner

Implanon

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  JuliMummy 
#1 ·
Anyone have it? Had it? What were your experiences?

#3 ·
No experience here, but given what I know about Norplant, I would be hesitant to try it until it has had time to grow more of a reputation. Its not so much the immediate side effects that cause concern, but what side effects might we find it causes ten years from now?

And I'm not anti-hormonal BC; did it for YEARS without problems. Just my 2 cents.
smile.gif

#5 ·
Hi,

I had the Implanon, but it's now nearly 10 years ago, so it might be a bit different now. But it didn't work for me. It was fine at first, I didn't have a period at all for the first few months, but then the spotting started and I ended up spotting constantly, so I had it removed again.

I also get depressed on hormonal contraception (but really slowly, so it took a long time to work out the connection), so now we use natural family planning (temperature method and condoms during fertile period).

#6 ·
I've used fertility awareness to conceive but I wouldn't rely on it to avoid pregnancy with my cycles. I have gone from seemingly completely infertile to ovulating and back in as much as 2 weeks and as little as less than 48 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.