Yellow tinged EWCM during 56 days PP?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2011, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After my lochia stopped at 4 1/2 weeks, I had bleeding two weeks later that looked exactly like a menstrual period. It even lasted as long as mine did before pregnancy and birth, which was 6 days. I've read so many times, and several women have told me to ignore that bleeding, even if it looked like a period, because it was within the 56 days. But about two days after the bleeding I started having yellow egg white cervical mucus, which lasted for about two days. And my cervix feels very open. I know the cervix tends to feel different after birth,and mine does feel more like a slit, than round, but it also feels very open.I'm ecobreastfeeding, so if it is, I'm very disappointed, because my baby is only two months!

Obviously we are TTA, because we really don't need another pregnancy so soon. We practice NFP, so I'm a little anxious about a lot of abstinence.

So, do you guys think my fertility is returning even though I was still in 56 days PP(today is 56)? And has anyone experienced yellow tinged EWCM during your 56 days PP?

Thank you anyone for your input!!

--slightly frazzled Mama

Married to my favorite backwoodsman tiphat.gif since 2010, DS1 nut.gif in 5/11 and expecting #2 in 7/13...Crazy about homeschool.gif lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gif femalesling.GIF homebirth.jpg uc.jpg cd.gif hang.gif knit.gif sewmachine.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

6th week bleed maybe? 

Quote:

http://www.ivillage.com/breastfeeding-nursing-mom-bleeding-four-weeks-postpartum/6-n-137741

Maybe you are experiencing what is referred to as a "sixth-week bleed." In a recent study, where postpartum bleeding in nursing mothers was evaluated, any bleed, less than 56 days (nine weeks) into the postpartum period was considered a sixth-week bleed, if it was separated from the lochia (post-birth vaginal discharge) by at least four days where no bleeding occurred. A little over one fourth of all breastfeeding mothers in this study experienced a sixth-week bleed, though only 10 percent of these women actually resumed their period at this time.

In this study of 485 nursing mothers, it was found that the average duration of lochia is 27 days. It is not affected by frequency of nursing. It is common for postpartum bleeding to stop and restart. Postpartum bleeding is still considered to be lochia if it is has continued without an episode of at least four bleeding-free days. If bleeding begins less than four days after it has stopped it is still considered to be one episode.

When a nursing mother does experience a sixth-week bleed, there is more likelihood that she will experience an earlier return of ovulation and her menses. (Visness C.M. et al. The duration and character of postpartum bleeding among breast-feeding women. Obstet Gynecol 1997;89:159-63) You might want to discuss the results of this study with your Doctor to see if he feels this may be what is happening in your case. Best wishes!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !

User Tag List