Charting to Avoid/ Fertility Awareness August - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
First ... 3  4  5
Family Planning > Charting to Avoid/ Fertility Awareness August
jodi5's Avatar jodi5 09:04 PM 08-22-2011

I just did a quick google and that does seem to be most people's experience when switching from oral to vaginal readings.  This cycle I did an experiment for my temps.  I've continued to use oral readings even though I am mouth breather.  I read someone here possibly said to close mouth for a couple of minutes prior to temping and that seems to have worked  well for me too.  Since I use my ladycomp, when the alarm goes, I put in the thermometre with mouth closed but don't start temping until the LC turns off (about 30 seconds), then turn it on and take the temp.  My temps seem to be better since I started doing this. 

buterflymomma's Avatar buterflymomma 08:13 AM 08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi5 View Post

I just did a quick google and that does seem to be most people's experience when switching from oral to vaginal readings.  This cycle I did an experiment for my temps.  I've continued to use oral readings even though I am mouth breather.  I read someone here possibly said to close mouth for a couple of minutes prior to temping and that seems to have worked  well for me too.  Since I use my ladycomp, when the alarm goes, I put in the thermometre with mouth closed but don't start temping until the LC turns off (about 30 seconds), then turn it on and take the temp.  My temps seem to be better since I started doing this. 

Thanks Jodi. I feel kind of weird temping vaginally..lol, but like you am a mouth breather. I will keep it up this cycle. If I don't notice a huge difference in accuracy, I will go back to oral temping. :)

WifeofAnt's Avatar WifeofAnt 08:42 AM 08-23-2011

After a 10 day luteal phase, my first PP period arrived this morning.  Its light so far but it just started like a half hour ago.  Now if I keep charting, how many cycles does it normally take for a short luteal phase to lengthen itself back out?

JMJ's Avatar JMJ 09:31 AM 08-23-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

After a 10 day luteal phase, my first PP period arrived this morning.  Its light so far but it just started like a half hour ago.  Now if I keep charting, how many cycles does it normally take for a short luteal phase to lengthen itself back out?

Congrats on charting your first PP ovulation and period!  10 days is not a bad LP for your first cycle.  For some people, a lengthening luteal phase happens very quickly.  For others, it takes several months or even a whole year.  10 days is considered to be a fertile cycle, so you're already in the 1/3 of women who have fertile cycles before their first PPAF.  I would assume that your charts will look better and better over the next several months, but it will be hard to tell how long before they look like they did before you got pregnant.  Continuing to breastfeed can have an affect on your cycle for a long time.  They will, however, become much easier to interpret.

erigeron 10:02 PM 08-24-2011

Hi ladies. I'm planning to get back into the swing of charting. I charted to get pregnant but have never charted to avoid. My LO is 2 months old now and I am breastfeeding but am not strictly following all the LAM rules -- we use pacifiers (mostly when she doesn't actually *want* to suck at the breast but still wants to suck) and she gets an occasional bottle of pumped milk, and will get more when I go back to work -- and even if I were, the idea of an ovulation before I get that first period is a worrisome one. I'd prefer to avoid another pregnancy until she's at least a year old, then we'll see from there. My challenge at the moment is a. remembering to take my temp (been a while since I did this, and it's not ingrained on my mind), and b. timing of said temperature (nursing a baby who doesn't sleep through the night well, I wake up at random times and may not get 3 consecutive hours of sleep). I'm just going to note what time I temped and how many consecutive hours of sleep I got first, and see if any patterns emerge.

For now we'll definitely be using condoms until I get a better sense of what is going on down below. If my cycles return similar to what they were before I had my daughter, I may not stick with CTA because they were so short that I didn't get very many days which would have been safe. But we'll just have to see.

I like my paper chart and haven't been much interested in FF, so I am not on there.

JMJ's Avatar JMJ 07:42 AM 08-25-2011

Welcome, erigeron!  Charting before your first PPAF is mostly about CM, so if you're having a hard time with your temperature, I would focus mainly on CM.  I would really try to take your temp at the same time since that has a much greater effect on consistent temps than night waking.  If you're not coming fully awake for a period of time and getting up and moving during that time (more than just visiting the restroom), I wouldn't worry too much about the sleep, just the time for taking your temp.  Most women can adjust to whatever is "normal" for them.  If you have a particularly bad night, mark it in your chart.  Also, check out the wiki on the first page for postpartum/breastfeeding options for NFP/FAM.

erigeron 08:23 AM 08-25-2011

I read those links in the wiki, but I didn't really find any of them all that appealing. Ecological breastfeeding definitely doesn't apply to me and I've read that LAM is less effective if you're pumping. The methods with day-counting seem foreign to me. Plus, if I don't chart at all I feel like I'm flying blind. I am just going to chart my temp and CM and see what happens... I will bear in mind that CM is probably a better method at this point. I have only temped twice so far (yesterday and today) and managed times that were only an hour apart, but today's temperature was a full degree higher than yesterday's temperature. *shrug*. My daughter hasn't really established a consistent night schedule, and I'm not back to work yet so I'm not waking up at a consistent time, and I'm loath to curtail my precious sleep by setting an alarm to temp at a given time (which is what I did when I was charting before). Maybe once I go back to work it'll be a little easier to take it at a regular time.

reborn's Avatar reborn 09:28 AM 08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ View Post

Most babies have a sucking addiction.  In one of the cultures the Sheila Kippley cites in her books, babies were nursed on average about every 15 minutes.  (This same culture goes on to get over 4 year birth spacing, much more than what we would expect out of eco BFing in our culture.)  The frequent and unrestricted sucking at the breast is what makes ecological breastfeeding space children.  With what you are doing with nursing and a pacifier, it sounds like you are certainly meeting his needs for food at the breast, but with an oversupply, he is spending less time sucking at the breast to get that food.  It is not the amount of milk that comes out of your breasts that spaces babies.  It is the amount and frequency of sucking.  It sounds like you are using the pacifier in a way that is very protective of breastfeeding, but because the child spacing effect of ecological breastfeeding is so dependent on that comfort sucking happening at the breast, I would expect the use of the pacifier to cause an earlier return to fertility.  How much earlier?  I can't say, but the longer the pacifier is used, the more likely it is to affect your fertility.

Oversupply is another issue that does need to be dealt with, and in my experience, it makes ecological breastfeeding difficult.  In my case, my daughter would be comfort sucking, and I would have another letdown, and it would startle her and make her stop nursing.  Things got easier when my milk supply was finally regulating around 5 months, but I had some spotting at about 4 months, and I think a large part of that was because of my oversupply/overactive letdown issues that kept her from wanting to comfort suck at my breasts.  I was not using a pacifier at all, and even with that, I wasn't able to use LAM for 6 whole months.  Things did get easier, and I ended up not having my first PPAF until DD was almost 21 months old, but I really think that if I had not worked it out to get my daughter to comfort suck at my breasts, I would not have made nearly that long.  What really helped me was block feeding.  The child is allowed to comfort nurse on the breast that is mostly empty, allowing him to get his sucking in at the breast.  I would visit the breastfeeding forums or talk to a LLL leader for more advice on how to handle dealing with an oversupply.

More important than using breastfeeding to space your children, though, is meeting your child's needs.  If there is something about your situation that makes it so that you can meet your child's needs best in a way that is no exactly ecological breastfeeding (for example, eco-BFing would be impractical for a working mother), do what you think is best and understand that your results may vary.  I think it is practical for a woman who is using breastfeeding to space her children but has a reason to not get pregnant again quite yet to keep an eye out for CM to be able to predict her return to fertility whenever it does come.  These BFing methods of spacing children are statistically very effective, but there is a huge range of actual results.

Super helpful, thanks, JMJ!  thumb.gif  I have been really trying to block feed for the past couple of weeks, since I diagnosed myself with oversupply, to make sure he's getting the hindmilk.  It seems like it's working!  My supply doesn't seem quite so abundant and my LO seems to be sucking longer without freaking out or throwing up.  The past few days we've been a bit under the weather and I've been putting him to the breast every 30 minutes or so to comfort suck and we've had very little spit up. Yay!

My big concern is cervical mucous.  I've had some presence of cervical mucous of various consistencies since the day my lochia stopped (at 3 wks pp).  This is the way I was before getting preggo too, and it made it very difficult to chart. When I started charting, I had lots of mucous and cervical changes, but my temps never showed ovulation and I went without AF for about 9 months!  It took us about 2 years to conceive, and unfortunately I thought I was infertile by that time, so I had stopped charting at the time of conception and I don't have a chart of an ovulatory cycle for me to refer to. :(

I'm not sure that I've had what I'd consider a "dry day" since the birth.  The mucous never seems super fertile, but it does vary in consistency and I know you're supposed to consider the presence of any mucous potentially fertile since you could ovulate days after intercourse and still get pregnant.

I'm thinking I might just have to use a barrier until I'm cycling again, and then rely on temps if my mucous is still weird??

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics girl View Post

I got a Femcap a couple of months ago. Overall, I like it. It is occasionally noticeable to me during intercourse, but it isn't uncomfortable at all. It did take a while to get good at inserting it.

At this point, I'm using it with spermicidal gel as a back-up for condoms. I'm hoping that eventually I'll feel comfortable enough with charting to use just the Femcap during the safer phases of my cycle, but I don't think I trust it enough to use it as my only method during the fertile phase.(I really don't want to be pregnant right now, at least when I'm thinking logically. Emotionally is another story.) Also, I don't have kids yet, however, and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with the significantly higher failure rate if I did (29% annual failure rate with typical use for women who have had a child). I'd be more inclined to consider a diaphragm after I start a family.

Wow!  Oh my goodness-- femcap, condoms, and spermicide all at once!  I do not think I am that dedicated.  I'd rather just not have sex. lol.gif

I asked my CNM about the failure rate of the femcap after childbirth and she said it was due to not getting re-fitted after giving birth.  Like, they just continued using, say, a 28 mm cap when their cervix was now 30 mm from birth.  Also I was told that cervical caps are the only cervical barrier option and diaphragms aren't available anymore.  I dunno... I still feel pretty confused and overwhelmed about all of this and like I can't get a straight answer... my midwife was pretty negative about ecological breastfeeding, which I was also considering... she said if I did that she'd probably be seeing me again real soon. :P 

physics girl's Avatar physics girl 01:06 PM 08-25-2011

Quote:

Originally Posted by reborn View Post

Wow!  Oh my goodness-- femcap, condoms, and spermicide all at once!  I do not think I am that dedicated.  I'd rather just not have sex. lol.gif

I asked my CNM about the failure rate of the femcap after childbirth and she said it was due to not getting re-fitted after giving birth.  Like, they just continued using, say, a 28 mm cap when their cervix was now 30 mm from birth.  Also I was told that cervical caps are the only cervical barrier option and diaphragms aren't available anymore.  I dunno... I still feel pretty confused and overwhelmed about all of this and like I can't get a straight answer... my midwife was pretty negative about ecological breastfeeding, which I was also considering... she said if I did that she'd probably be seeing me again real soon. :P 

I know it's possible to get fitted for a diaphragm at the health center at my university so diaphragms are definitely still available in the U.S. Some, but not all, Planned Parenthoods fit them as well.

LionessMom's Avatar LionessMom 10:06 AM 08-26-2011

so another question about my hormones lol. and my chart. if you look you will see that my temps are higher at the beginning of this cycle than they were last cycle. would you think this is just bc i am getting back into the swing of things so to speak.

by the way, i am loving being off hormonal bc. my mood is back. my good mood that is. i am actually happy! even happy to see dh ;)  after how many years of bc and bfing, and not having any "want" i feel great. like a real woman. lol. i will never go back on that stuff again.

JMJ's Avatar JMJ 10:41 AM 08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborn View Post

Super helpful, thanks, JMJ!  thumb.gif  I have been really trying to block feed for the past couple of weeks, since I diagnosed myself with oversupply, to make sure he's getting the hindmilk.  It seems like it's working!  My supply doesn't seem quite so abundant and my LO seems to be sucking longer without freaking out or throwing up.  The past few days we've been a bit under the weather and I've been putting him to the breast every 30 minutes or so to comfort suck and we've had very little spit up. Yay!

My big concern is cervical mucous.  I've had some presence of cervical mucous of various consistencies since the day my lochia stopped (at 3 wks pp).  This is the way I was before getting preggo too, and it made it very difficult to chart. When I started charting, I had lots of mucous and cervical changes, but my temps never showed ovulation and I went without AF for about 9 months!  It took us about 2 years to conceive, and unfortunately I thought I was infertile by that time, so I had stopped charting at the time of conception and I don't have a chart of an ovulatory cycle for me to refer to. :(

I'm not sure that I've had what I'd consider a "dry day" since the birth.  The mucous never seems super fertile, but it does vary in consistency and I know you're supposed to consider the presence of any mucous potentially fertile since you could ovulate days after intercourse and still get pregnant.

I'm thinking I might just have to use a barrier until I'm cycling again, and then rely on temps if my mucous is still weird??

CM postpartum can be pretty confusing.  Mucus that seems to be constantly changing is very difficult to deal with.  If possible, you'd like to establish a Basic Infertile Pattern.  That takes 14 days of having the same color, consistency, and amount of CM.  This can actually be pretty difficult to establish.  My postpartum BIP seemed to be constantly changing, but I realized that I had a small amount of CM every day, and even though it seemed to change all the time, there was a pattern to it.  When using the restroom, I had a bit of creamy-looking CM several times a day.  If there was enough to see well, I could see that it was tinted yellow.  If I had a BM, enough would come out that I could stretch some between my fingers, and it looked cloudy and tinted yellow, but almost egg-white.  Sometimes, I would squeeze enough out, but it would come out completely leaving just creamy at the vulva.  I could see clumps of white-looking CM in the toilet,  If I looked at just what I could observe easily, I couldn't establish a BIP, but if I looked at the whole picture, I could see that my pattern wasn't changing and just looked different in different situations.

If it is absolutely not possible to establish a BIP, you have to consider yourself to be potentially fertile by the CM-only methods of NFP.  If that was my situation for a significant period of time, I would seriously look into the Marquette Method since it is able to give more objective information in this pre-fertile postpartum time.  As far as breastfeeding methods are concerned, LAM has been very, very well researched, and until your child is 6 months old, if you are fully breastfeeding (at the breast), it is very, very unlikely that you would conceive before experiencing some sort of bleeding or spotting.  The standards for LAM are very objective and very easy to tell when you no longer qualify, so I would feel very comfortable recommending that you could rely on LAM as long as you qualify.  There are very, very few true LAM failures.  The most common mistakes that mothers make with LAM is that they assume that they still qualify after experiencing spotting after 56 days postpartum, or they assume that LAM will be effective longer than 6 months (which it may be, but the effectiveness is reduced).  I would not ignore several days in a row of Clear EWCM, but if it's creamy, yellow-tinted, white, or sticky almost all the time, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you qualify for LAM.

If you want to do ecological breastfeeding, I would read one or preferably both of Sheila Kippley's books on ecological breastfeeding.  Ecological breastfeeding does not have as much research behind it.  (LAM research was funded by the WHO while eco-BF research was funded and performed by John and Sheila Kippley with few resources.)   The experiments are not terribly well controlled as they relied on volunteer mothers self-reporting their experiences.  Some of the standards are not terribly well defined and are open to interpretation.  However, there were two separate studies done several years apart, and the results were almost identical (average 14.4 and 14.5 months of amenorrhea).  This ability to replicate their results gives a lot of scientific weight to their research.  A lot more research needs to be done, but I think that people have a right to know that ecological breastfeeding is a viable option for spacing babies that is used effectively around the world to give natural birth spacing (usually 2.5-4 years around the world), and the only studies we have on American women have indicated that most women experience a return to menstruation at between 9 and 18 months with an average of about 14.5 months.

There is good research that shows that there are a number of factors (diet, weight, body type, genetics, presence of the father, etc) that have an effect on the return to fertility, but those do not minimize the effect that breastfeeding has.  I would not hesitate to recommend ecological breastfeeding if you are able.  I believe it is a wonderful parenting style with benefits for both mother and child that go far beyond extended amenorrhea.  The only thing that I would be careful about is making the decision for you to depend on it or not or to use it in conjunction with something else.  You have to look at the research (and lack thereof) yourself to make that decision.  It is quite possible to combine methods if you so desire.  I charted starting when I had several days of obvious EWCM in a row.  When things got confusing, I remembered that if you go 10 days between DTD, you're not very likely to get pregnant before your first PPAF.  Many women decide to start charting or using the Marquette Method as soon as they no longer qualify for LAM.

I would take your midwife's words with a grain of salt.  Ecological breastfeeding is so uncommon in Western society that the kind of child spacing that you might expect to get from ecological breastfeeding is not experienced very often. There is a myth that you can't get pregnant if you are breastfeeding (regardless of what kind of breastfeeding you are doing or whether or not you are in amenorrhea) that health professionals are very aware of.  Few health professionals are aware of the research on ecological breastfeeding, and even for those who are, the kind of research done on ecological breastfeeding is not up to the kind of standards expected by medical professionals before they are willing to recommend an idea.  (This is true for a number of aspects of our health that medical professionals are not aware of certain things that may very well work just because they do not have well-funded and well-controlled experiments done yet.)  A very savvy midwife who is well acquainted with the idea of ecological breastfeeding and the research may also have decided that she does not think that the effectiveness of the method is high enough for what she would be comfortable recommending.  This is a personal decision, and not one that I would dare to make for another woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

so another question about my hormones lol. and my chart. if you look you will see that my temps are higher at the beginning of this cycle than they were last cycle. would you think this is just bc i am getting back into the swing of things so to speak.

by the way, i am loving being off hormonal bc. my mood is back. my good mood that is. i am actually happy! even happy to see dh ;)  after how many years of bc and bfing, and not having any "want" i feel great. like a real woman. lol. i will never go back on that stuff again.

I don't see temps at the beginning of your last cycle, so it's hard to compare.  It is common to have temps higher closer to the beginning of a cycle and then lower closer to ovulation.  It is also possible for your body's temperatures to adjust over time.

LionessMom's Avatar LionessMom 06:14 PM 08-29-2011

Quote:

CM postpartum can be pretty confusing. 

The most common mistakes that mothers make with LAM is that they assume that they still qualify after experiencing spotting after 56 days postpartum, or they assume that LAM will be effective longer than 6 months (which it may be, but the effectiveness is reduced).  I would not ignore several days in a row of Clear EWCM, but if it's creamy, yellow-tinted, white, or sticky almost all the time, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you qualify for LAM.

I don't see temps at the beginning of your last cycle, so it's hard to compare.  It is common to have temps higher closer to the beginning of a cycle and then lower closer to ovulation.  It is also possible for your body's temperatures to adjust over time.

it was for me! it took me 21 moths to get any cycles back. i charted for awhile during that but had to quit as i was making myself insane trying to wait for an o or something. then i finally got ppaf. my cm was so confusing, but it was mostly creamy.

yeah i forgot that i didnt chart the first week. sorry bag.gif. i know that most of my temps from before were always lower than they are now. but i have to take into account that i wasnt having cycles yet. i was worried for alottle while bc i heard low temps were hypothyroidism but i guess mine were just from the constant bfing DD2 was doing. :)

jodi5's Avatar jodi5 11:09 PM 08-29-2011

CM is confusing postpartum and since I had not charted mine before postpartum I really did not know.  I know that I did not get much cm prior to my first AF with Reid, but with my middle son, I had a ton starting about 6 months prior to af returning. 

I had a weird high temp this morning.  I don't think I'm sick, I guess we will see what tomorrow brings.  I have not had a high on the monitor yet this cycle and cm is still early but increasing at this stage.  After I took my temperature, I took it again to see if it was right and still high so not sure what it is.  My really low days just prior I had weird sleeps where my son woke me up to help him about an hour before I usually temp.  One of the days, I took the temp just before helping him, the other day, after I rested afterwards, but not enough time to really relax and got the same temp both days.  I suspect they would have been in line with my temps the couple of days before without the interruptions so unlikely to be a dip prior to ovulating.  I had a good sleep last night though, just up once to feed which is a bit unusual but crazy high temp.  Perhaps I am fighting something.  I was up a bit later for a work night since it was Ironman in my town yesterday.  That usually doesn't affect things so much though.  It's definitely hot right now.  Hmmm... I went ot the dentist a few days ago for a filling, could that have affected anything?  Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

ETA:  okay, I think yesterday was just a weird thing.  Back to a normal pre-o temp this morning.  It is slightly high but I do usually go to 97.4 or so in the few days prior to o and it has been very warm the last couple of days so I think it is normal.  Reid woke up again last night.  He is starting to hate having a wet diaper and waking up in the night if that happens. 

Jodi

buterflymomma's Avatar buterflymomma 08:11 AM 08-30-2011

How much will a low battery affect your temps? I think my battery on my BBT may be dying a slow death. Can you please look at my chart and tell me if my temps look normal? They have been going down for the past few days and I am only on CD12. My CM just started increasing, but it doesn't look like O is coming anytime soon. Thanks. :)

JMJ's Avatar JMJ 09:15 AM 08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by buterflymomma View Post

How much will a low battery affect your temps? I think my battery on my BBT may be dying a slow death. Can you please look at my chart and tell me if my temps look normal? They have been going down for the past few days and I am only on CD12. My CM just started increasing, but it doesn't look like O is coming anytime soon. Thanks. :)

Hard to tell.  I would change the battery.

OvaOva's Avatar OvaOva 10:50 AM 08-30-2011

Hey all!  Was hoping for a second opinion on my chart.  I've been off birth control for almost 10 cycles.  This last cycle Fertility Friend is pegging ovulation at day 17 giving me a 10 day luteal phase.  I've also learned the Creighton model and they say your ovulation day is the last day of eggwhite CF so that would put ovulation day at day 16 (11 day LF).  I've had LP ranging from 10 - 13 with the average being 11.4 days. 

We are trying to avoid right now so I'm not overally concerned, just thought I'd check with the group to see if this lenght of LP was problematic.  Are there ways to extend your LP naturally?

Here's a link to my chart:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32e823/%22%3EMy%20Ovulation%20Chart

Thanks for the help!

amanda

JMJ's Avatar JMJ 04:39 PM 08-30-2011

OvaOva, you could have easily ovulated either day.  It's a shorter than average luteal phase, but likely long enough for a viable pregnancy.  Having a LP that varies that much and tends toward the short end is a sign of a hormone imbalance, though, often caused by nutritional deficiencies.  Since the pill is known to create several nutritional deficiencies, I wonder if that could have something to do with what you're experiencing now.  Marilyn Shannon (author of Fertility Cycles and Nutrition) recommends extra zinc, magnesium, essential fatty acids (especially EPA), Vitamin E, B Vitamins (especially B12, but B6 is also very helpful for extending LP's), Vitamin A and Vitamin D.

buterflymomma's Avatar buterflymomma 04:40 PM 08-30-2011

Quote:

Hard to tell.  I would change the battery.

I have been meaning too, but have a hard time getting to the store with the little ones. Or, I get to the store with all the little ones, get home and realize I forgot the darn battery. I will try to get out tomorrow and get one. I just bought this BBT last cycle. I can't believe the battery is dying already. :( Thanks for allyour help JMJ over the past month or so. You have really helped me learn a lot about charting. I think it is awesome that you have taken the time to share your knowledge. flowersforyou.gif

erigeron 06:31 AM 08-31-2011

Can you return the thermometer? That sounds like a lemon to me. I'm just using a regular digital thermometer and we have had this one for years and it hasn't had problems.

jodi5's Avatar jodi5 08:17 AM 08-31-2011

I got a high on the monitor this morning and some wet cm.  I never get stretchy cm, at least nothing that stretches an inch or more, but definitely wet so calling that peak as it seems to be what my peak mucus looks like.  My son slept through the night last night which he hasn't done in several days and my temp is back down to normal range again.  I added a piece of suedecloth to his diaper last night and did not use the pocket with fleece but instead the bamboo so perhaps that helped him to feel more dry.  We'll see if that trend continues.  He also is bringing in his molars right now so that might be playing a part as well. 

Anyways, I'm guessing I will peak in the next day or so based on my previous few cycles. 

Buterfly momma, weird thing with your thermometre.  Hope you can get that sorted out.   

physics girl's Avatar physics girl 11:48 AM 08-31-2011

I finally got a small increase in temperature this morning and I've had a couple of days of drying up so I'm very much hoping that the next couple of days will confirm O.

Also, if you haven't posted in July or August but are still around and want to remain on the list, please speak up today!

buterflymomma's Avatar buterflymomma 01:13 PM 08-31-2011

Jodi~ Hopefully your son will continue to STTN for you and his molars don't bother him too much. Those are really tough on the little ones when they come in.

I went ahead and ordered a new thermometer. I chose the BD brand, it seems to have some good reviews.  Hopefully it will get here in the next couple of days. I threw all the stuff away for the one I have now, so I don't think they will take it back. That's what I get for buying a Wal-Mart cheapie..lol.

jodi5's Avatar jodi5 06:58 PM 08-31-2011

Buterflymomma - thanks, I hope Reid continues to sleep too.  He was until recently so I assume it has something to do with his teeth and being more sensitive diapering with them coming in.  FYI - I used a bd thermometer prior to getting a ladycomp.  I have compared them to each other and although they weren't quite the same they were always the same difference apart so the bd was a nice consistent thermometer that worked well.  I bet it will work well for you.

Physicsgirl - looks promising, I hope you get another nice increase tomorrow. 

Jodi

clavicula's Avatar clavicula 02:26 AM 09-01-2011

Hey, Ladies, 

I want to join, hope it is okay! 

I had to get off of the pill recently b/c microalbuminuria issues. Anyway, I started charting again, CTA this time and would love to join this community. Will have tons of questions if you do not mind! 

Will PM the thread starter ASAP! 

About me: I am 31 years old, have 3 kids  (2005, 2007, 2008) and not planning on having more in the near future. I am a SAHM. My almost 3 yo just stopped nursing a few months ago. 

Hope to meet you all!

Liv

jodi5's Avatar jodi5 08:03 AM 09-01-2011

Welcome clavicula.  I also have 3 kids although mine are much further apart in age with my oldest turning 10 on Sunday and mymiddle one, an almost 6 year old and a 17 month old.  My oldest 2 nursed until 3-4 years old and my youngest is still going strong.  Hope you enjoy being back to charting. 

For my update, I got a peak on the monitor this morning.  I've noticed that I jump very quickly from low to peak.  The first couple of cycles postpartum I had 4 highs prior to peak, then last cycle I jumped straight from low to peak and this cycle I had one high and then a peak.  I suspect I may have caught just the beginning of the peak last cycle and that what I have this cycle will be my norm.  I usually get ovulation pain, the day of the peak reading.  We'll see if that happens today.  My temps have definitely dipped as they seem to have done the last few cycles prior to ovulating.  I guess we'll see if all this continues to be my normal as I continue postpartum.  

buterflymomma's Avatar buterflymomma 09:18 AM 09-01-2011

Welcome Liv! I have 4 kids pretty close in age that keep me busy. We are wanting more, but are TTA for right now. My youngest is barely 4 months old.  This a great bunch of women who are very helpful. You will like it here!

Jodi~ Hope your cycles continue to even out and get normal. I am hoping for the same thing too! wink1.gif

My CM is continuing to increase, but I am still getting negatives on my OPKs. My temp went up againt his morning, but with my thermometer acting funny, I don't know if I can trust it. I am really hoping that I don't have another 4 day LP like last cycle. That was a bit unsettling for me. I know I am only 4 months PP and coming of hormonal BC,. but I still didn't like the looks of it. Kepping positive thoughts that this month will be longer.

physics girl's Avatar physics girl 04:02 PM 09-01-2011

The September thread is up and running. All of the wiki links seem to be working in Firefox, but if anyone has trouble, please let me know. The culling of the list to get rid of inactive folks may have to wait until after I finish the problem set for my mathematical physics course that's due tomorrow evening. bigeyes.gif

Welcome, clavicula!

jodi5's Avatar jodi5 11:09 PM 09-01-2011

Have fun doing your problem set physics girl.  I always enjoyed working through things like that at school.  I ended up going the accountant route though. 

First ... 3  4  5

Up