I might be pregnant but wasn't trying - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 08-10-2011, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What happened to the I might be pregnant thread? I could have sworn we used to have one of those around here somewhere?

Well I got my first PPAF a few weeks ago when DD just turned 6mo old. I really wasn't expecting it because my DS was 12mo old when AF returned. I had a medical procedure done that left me unable to breastfeed for 24 hours and I'm wondering if maybe that's what started my cycles back. I only pumped and dumped once.

Fastforward two weeks since my return of my cycle and DH and I had an oops! I really can't believe it. We have been using the withdrawl method for years and have never had an oops. Not even once. My poor DH is so freaked out he doesn't even want to be intimate with me until we figure things out. So now I find myself four days into TTWW.

Anybody else want to comisserate with me!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#2 of 25 Old 08-11-2011, 10:39 AM

I'm in the same boat. We had an oops on CD11. No definite thermal shift yet, but my cycle is kinda kooky this month.I have no idea when I may have ovulated if I did at all.  AF is due around the 19th. It's been a very long wait..lol. Oh and I am only 13 weeks PP.  Good luck to you.

Nicole
Wife to Victor
partners.gif familybed2.gif, buddamomimg1.png, caffix.gif, large family lovin'SAHM chicken3.gif to my chicklets, Nicholas 9/05 ,Genevieve 1/08, Viviana 11/09 and Michaela 5/11. Plus three angel babies in Jesus' arms. Forever in my heart  angel.gif  7/10 (5.5w), angel.gif  11/11 (11w) & angel.gif 4/12 (8w)

John 3:16

#3 of 25 Old 08-11-2011, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

well at least you know your dates. your lil one is even younger than mine.

I stupidly didn't even record when I had my period but when I asked DH when he thought it was, he said about two weeks ago! That's exactly what I thought. If I did ovulate that would be perfect timing for conception. I wonder if maybe it takes a few cycles to get back on a normal pattern and maybe I will be safe this time. Who knows? Can't do anything about it now.

My kids are planned and perfectly spaced four years apart from eachother. I can't even imagine having two babies 15mo apart. I suppose if I am PG than it was meant to be and at least I already have all the baby gear and cloth diapers. Although my 18lb baby is too big for her moby and I offered it to a friend.

To make matters worse, I may be looking at back surgery and am getting an MRI. I was able to push my appt up to the 24th so I can test before going in for that. I'm on a handful of meds, all are safe for breastfeeding, but one of them is not safe for pregnancy! It's tough being a woman sometimes.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#4 of 25 Old 08-11-2011, 01:27 PM

There is a 2ww thread, i guess that replace the I might be pregnant thread.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#5 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

I guess I will start testing here in the next couple of days. I'll keep you ladies posted on how things turn out.

Anybody else in the TWW who wasn't trying to get pregnant. Wanna talk about it? Misery loves company. I'm not really miserable, it's just a saying. Although if I am PG I'm pretty sure my DH will be miserable for a while processing everything.

#6 of 25 Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 AM

i was cta and was wearing a pessary (which worked before) but i took it out bc it was hurting me. i thought it had been long enough and my egg was dead but i guess i didnt know the rules that well. i told dh we shouldnt bc i could get preggo but he didnt care and i obviously didnt say no. so now.... i am waiting . ff has me o'ing on the 8th and tcoyf says the 10th. well the 10th was our oops day. i will be surprised if i am not....

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#7 of 25 Old 08-17-2011, 11:27 AM

LOL.  I'm 41wks today after I misinterpreted fertile cervical mucus as 'happy to see you DH' lubrication, and my well-mearning pharmacist sold me a 'basic' thermometer instead of a basal one.  DH had poo-pooed my idea to shell out $11 for the TCOYF book the month before, saying with 3 websites I had enough info (for a bfing mother).  Famous last words!!  He had just bought a couple hundred dollars' worth of camping equipment on Amazon for me to tote back from a trip stateside to Belgium.  DH had been the initiator that night too so I say, no book, initiator--it's on him :D 

Mamas, I held off testing till I felt a telltale firm, suddenly prominent, orange-sized uterus low in my belly--allez, c'est comme ça!  No preggo symptoms like I had with DD because this one is a boy and I hardly had any nausea at all.  But I flipped, DH flipped, but we decided if it wasn't meant to be then it wouldn't stick... well, er, sometimes I had to exhort that to him and he would grumble but he never tried to fix an appt at the clinic so I knew he was more or less on board, just grumbling.  Hey, I grumbled too because I wanted one of those stars-crossed romantic nights where we decide together we wanted to TTC (ah well!)  Keeping faith that baby was supposed to be here helped me get through the first tri (I get wild mood swings in the first tri).  Now DH is excited.  I suspect he wouldn't swear that I didn't pull a fast one on him but he is happy to become a father again. 

I thought I'd tell you so you'd know that this happens all the time, to so many couples, and those that end up with a baby in their arms at the end have made their peace with it and end up being excited about the baby.  Plus maybe I'm killing time waiting for labour to start :-)

#8 of 25 Old 08-17-2011, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Brusselsprouts for 41 weeks you have a fabulous attitude! I was always pissy towards the end.

I tested this morning, stalk white. Not even a hint of a line. I think it's still a bit early though. I should test again on Friday. It would help if I knew when I should be expecting my period! As it's only my second PPAF it probably won't be on time anyways, right?

I'm still 7 lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant last time so that's just one more reason I'm hoping I'm not pregnant. I'm pushing 200lbs and IMO I'm a bit heavy to start a pregnancy since I tend to gain a lot during pregnancy. Is that just a stupid way of thinking?

#9 of 25 Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 AM

i just lost all the baby weight so i dont want to put it back on. wahhh. i should start af tomorrow according to tcoyf, but that would be a short lp i think.  today i am having cramping, mood swings, nausea, bloating, and my temp dipped below the coverline. so i still am not sure what to think. lol.

when i found this thread i was looking for the original thread. it is nice to share with someone who is in the same boat. :)

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#10 of 25 Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

I feel like AF might be right around the corner

#11 of 25 Old 08-19-2011, 06:09 AM

whew. i feel like i dodged a bullet. i was so not ready to be pregnant. yay af!

#12 of 25 Old 08-19-2011, 06:17 AM

trekkinggirl....stlll no AF?

I find myself in the same boat!  I am pretty sure I am late, but not sure how late, 2-5 days, i think????

I have also never had an oops - but I know they happen all the time, so it is possible?  

I am 39 yrs old and my youngest is 8.  I feel a little old to be POAS - but that's life (maybe literally)

#13 of 25 Old 08-19-2011, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

I've been sneaking the tests like a teenager Sheepish.gif

I guess I just don't want my DH to be worrying about me worrying? Or maybe it's just fun to be sneaky! I sort of have a disconnect between the magic little test strip changing colors and the fact that that actually means a baby is growing inside my body. Anybody else experience this?

Well still no AF for me. I really don't know when to expect it though. I felt like it would start any second yesterday but not today. I did test this morning and again it was stalk white, no hint of a line. It has been two weeks since our oops and still a negative test so I guess I'm not pregnant. It ain't over till AF shows up though, right?

My older brother and his wife just announced that they are expecting their fourth child. I'm really excited for them.

butterflymomma any updates?

lionessmom glad you're in the clear.

kathymuggle have you tested?

#14 of 25 Old 08-20-2011, 06:24 AM

period showed up this morning- nothing like posting online to bring it on!

#15 of 25 Old 08-20-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

I've been sneaking the tests like a teenager Sheepish.gif

I guess I just don't want my DH to be worrying about me worrying? Or maybe it's just fun to be sneaky! I sort of have a disconnect between the magic little test strip changing colors and the fact that that actually means a baby is growing inside my body. Anybody else experience this?

Well still no AF for me. I really don't know when to expect it though. I felt like it would start any second yesterday but not today. I did test this morning and again it was stalk white, no hint of a line. It has been two weeks since our oops and still a negative test so I guess I'm not pregnant. It ain't over till AF shows up though, right?

My older brother and his wife just announced that they are expecting their fourth child. I'm really excited for them.

butterflymomma any updates?

lionessmom glad you're in the clear.

kathymuggle have you tested?

i have snuck taking tests too. lol. i dont want him to worry until i know for sure. why stress both of us out? and it is fun being sneaky. :)

i am not sure how i feel. i am relieved to be in the clear but sad as well bc i almost wish i had been.

i have friends everywhere who are expecting more right now. i am so excited for them i am jealous :baghead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

period showed up this morning- nothing like posting online to bring it on!

aint that the truth! lol. day after i posted, bam, af. talk about the devil and all right?

#16 of 25 Old 08-23-2011, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

well AF never came for me. Is it normal to not be regular when your cycle starts up again? I took too many tests and they were all negative. I'm going ahead with my MRI in the morning. It sure is hard to be a woman!

#17 of 25 Old 08-23-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:

well AF never came for me. Is it normal to not be regular when your cycle starts up again? I took too many tests and they were all negative. I'm going ahead with my MRI in the morning. It sure is hard to be a woman!

It is normal to not be regular when you period starts up again.  With 2 kids i was regular once my period started, and with one I was not.  Are you nursing more often?

#18 of 25 Old 08-24-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

yes, due to my back injury I'm home on disabilty. So now were nursing full time and no bottles. Does this mean that I may not get my periods back after all?

#19 of 25 Old 08-24-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:

yes, due to my back injury I'm home on disabilty. So now were nursing full time and no bottles. Does this mean that I may not get my periods back after all?

well, you know, you will eventually.....

With DD2, I had a period at 9 months and then nothing until 16 months.  

My other 2 kids did not follow the same path.

I have heard delayed periods are due to frequency of nursing (particularly at night) versus quantity of milk.  No bottle and soothers also increase the likelihood of delayed menstruation.

#20 of 25 Old 08-24-2011, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

well that's encouraging! maybe this explains my missing AF. DD has been night waking for milk where she had been STTN. Also she does not take a paci and I'm home now so no bottles thumb.gif

#21 of 25 Old 08-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

This thread seems like a "I am breastfeeding and my PP cycle is wacky so there is a slim chance I might be pregnant" thread . . . so I fit right in! DD is 4 months old, EBF (but I pump at work, full time, so she's not always on the breast for her feedings, she also takes a pacifier). No AF for me yet. Some EWCF showed up and so did some spotting. I highly doubt I am pregnant but given the timing of DTD and the aforementioned symptoms I think I may test just to reassure myself. I am thinking one test this weekend and then one next weekend just to be sure. I don't want to end up on the show "I didn't know I was pregnant" LOL

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#22 of 25 Old 08-25-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

yeah it has turned out that way! although when I started this thread I felt like there was a 50/50 chance of pregnancy but now that I know a little more about PPAF I guess it is a slim chance. maybe i should change the title, LOL !

#23 of 25 Old 09-07-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Well I finally got a period two days ago. All week I have been really sick to my stomach in the morning and feel much better in the evening. My mom really still thinks I'm pregnant despite all the negative tests and my period. She swears she got her period for four months when she was pregnant with me. I'm on my way to Whole foods to pick up some Calm and see if that helps things. So I guess now I'm questioning whether there are pregnancies that don't show up on tests? Not possible right?

#24 of 25 Old 09-07-2011, 01:04 PM

hug2.gif  don't you hate wonky periods?

I did have one pregnancy not show positive on the strip - but I tested too early, I think.  The next strip  did show correct results.

I think given the fact that your period has returned and your multiple pregnancy strips are negative that you are not pregnant.  

If you feel in your gut you are, you can always behave as your are.  No alcohal - that sort of thing.

If your mom did not nurse you she may be unfamiliar with the wonkiness of postpartum fertility and nursing - hence the thinking you are pregnant.  

#25 of 25 Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

My mom nursed all six of her kids into there toddler years. I really don't think I'm pregnant. I spoke to the pharmacist today and she thinks my medication is making me sick. It is going to take some getting used to all the irregular periods. I am considering if I should get on birth control even though I really don't like it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page