Deciding whether to have another baby... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2011, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

DD1 is 3 years, DD2 is almost 1 year, if we have another, I want to get pregnant in the next 6 months.... but, I keep going back and forth about having another baby. 

Part of me feels like I am not done, but another part thinks the family is perfect just like we are.  The girls are starting to play together and really are enjoying each other's company.  Will having another throw this relationship out the window?  Will #3 get left out (or another one of the girls?)  What if it is a boy, will he be excluded?  

DH says he wants another, but will not have 4, so is uneven numbers bad?  

I am just trying to really think this out before we decide.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It can be a tough decision.  We have 3 boys and I love it.  Mine are each 4 years apart so a different age difference than you but our boys loved having the arrival of our 3rd and both take care of him.  It has been a lot of fun having the dynamics of three.  My oldest son really wanted a little sister and was sad to find out our baby was going to be another boy but once he was born, they could not get enough of him.  For us, it has been so nice and gets more fun as he gets older.

Good luck in your decision,

Jodi

Mom to three great boys Michael (Sept/01), Carter (Nov/05) and Reid (March/10).

Old 08-25-2011, 01:22 AM

I'd definitely try for baby #3.

I don't think an odd number means anything as far as siblings go.

My Dad is one of 5 and my hubby is one of 3 and they're extremely close to there siblings.

I'd go for it! Baby dust to you & good luck.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:38 PM

Maybe another biased opinion here but I have 3 boys and they are amazing.  That said, I have just decided to try for one more.  It is a tough decision and one that I might back out of this month or next or even the one thereafter if we haven't conceived by then (!!) however I wanted to add my 2¢ just because.  The dynamics of your family will change so any ideas you have on how it will be are not based on what will happen in the months closest to when the next one would be born.  I just came across a pic from when I was pregnant w/#3 and graduating from college...  two years ago.  I had NO IDEA we would be moving to CA.  I had no idea what was going to change and how I would become this different mom of 3.  I just wanted to say if you want to do it, go do it!  If you have a good thing going and can welcome, happily, another child into the dynamic that you have created then what is wrong with one more lucky child?  Seeing siblings change and grow alongside the changes that parents make has been an amazing thing for my husband and I...  again, just my thoughts.  Good luck, mama!  :)

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears73 View Post

Maybe another biased opinion here but I have 3 boys and they are amazing.  That said, I have just decided to try for one more.  It is a tough decision and one that I might back out of this month or next or even the one thereafter if we haven't conceived by then (!!) however I wanted to add my 2¢ just because.  The dynamics of your family will change so any ideas you have on how it will be are not based on what will happen in the months closest to when the next one would be born.  I just came across a pic from when I was pregnant w/#3 and graduating from college...  two years ago.  I had NO IDEA we would be moving to CA.  I had no idea what was going to change and how I would become this different mom of 3.  I just wanted to say if you want to do it, go do it!  If you have a good thing going and can welcome, happily, another child into the dynamic that you have created then what is wrong with one more lucky child?  Seeing siblings change and grow alongside the changes that parents make has been an amazing thing for my husband and I...  again, just my thoughts.  Good luck, mama!  :)

i have been on the fence myself and you just made me want one more. :)

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

i have been on the fence myself and you just made me want one more. :)

haha... I should say, also, that I've been kind of nervous about this huge step with ttc #4 - I am fairly certain I know when ovulation is but sat quietly aside and didn't dtd so... who knows if this lucky #4 will ever come to be!

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:46 PM

Dh hasnt said no. he only said he doesnt think it is a good idea. that might have meant no but i could get him to change his mins if it something i want to do. i am just not sure if i want to right now, but at the same time, there is alittle nudge in the back of my head saying i am missing someone. i keep looking around for this other kid i am supposed to have. :shrug. maybe that will ease off the older dd2 gets.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

there is a little nudge in the back of my head saying i am missing someone. i keep looking around for this other kid i am supposed to have.gets.

I have this very same feeling. I am a true believer in even numbers.  Next baby will be # 3- so I have to be fully ready to have # 4 someday too.  I know each family is different, but I have seen that even numbers works really well.

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

So funny, i forgot i posted this and came looking for this same topic today.... here i am, 8 months later wondering the same thing. We have been ttc for 4you months (since ppaf showed up in january), but no luck. We are wondering if maybe we should be done.... it makes us sad to think ee wont have any more kids, but wonder if that will ever go away. Hmmm, something to think about.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 04-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Three was a great number for us. Four was a tough change, now we are crazy enough to consider #5, after which we will be done, with a tubal to be sure of that! ;)

Old 04-28-2012, 08:18 AM

i am expecting my 5th. i still waffle, while i am still pregnant, about gettting the tubal done. but i know i am done with kids and am sure that would be the only way to go for me. 

Old 04-28-2012, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We are going to start TTC #6 in January and I think I might want a #7, so I say have a third! The siblings will work out their relationships. I would not worry about that or the odd/even thing at all. Actually odd numbers are useful when taking a family vote, no ties!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

i think i figured out what i amafraid of..... the girls get along really well, and i love them so much.  i dont want things to change with them and with me.  i know things will change, but how do you know it will work out?  i am just crazy about my girls.  i actually remember feeling the same waywhen expecting dd2.    

Old 05-02-2012, 12:11 AM

Based on your post I would go ahead with TTC.

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

User Tag List