IUD and Weight Gain? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-02-2011, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I have a marina IUD- 5 years, needs to come out soon.

But, yesterday my friend said she saw a friend (have not seen her in 4-5 months since school for the kids has been out for summer) she said the girl had lost 40lbs and when my friend comment to her about how great she looked she said "Yeah, I got my IUD out!"

WHAT!  When I had my second I was the smallest I had ever been (well I should say- within 9 months of having her).  I did work really hard to be fit, then I got the IUD and within a year gained 15ish lbs.  I figured it was the move, stress and life.  But now 5 years later I have been the weight I am about 40lbs more than when I got it, for at least 3 of the 5 years!  Are you kidding me???  And nothing I seems to really move the weight off.

So, has anyone had this happen?  Do you see the weight go off once you get the IUD out?  I looked online and I have see a lot of people say they either stayed the same or lost weight, but they have all had it less than 6-12 months.  Where I was pretty much teh same too at that point.

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-03-2011, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had mine for 3 years, and YES I lost weight when it came out! Belly bloat was first, then I was just able to actually see results from diet and exercise that I hadn't been able to get with it in.

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page