I'm trying to convince myself I don't want another baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-13-2011, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS1 is 3.5yo and DS2 is 11mo.  Having two kids was a major concession from DH and he's talking about getting the V.  So I'm trying really hard to not want another baby though I'm having the fever really bad right now.

Not having another baby means I can get rid of all the baby stuff.

Not having another baby means not having to take more unpaid maternity leave.

Not having another baby means there is an end in sight to diapers and night nursing (not in that order).

Not having another baby means not having to figure out 3-across or buying a bigger car.

*sigh*  So many reasons, but I still have baby fever.  How do you get through it?

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 06:18 AM

I have a lot of reasons why I want to stop at 2! I just think I will be able to serve the kids I already have better by keeping family size to a minimum. Also, It is easier to travel with 4, I can avoid any further negative effects on my body from pregnancy and birth, and more money for college funds...I could go on and on!!!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 08:18 AM

I can definitely relate. We only have one at this point but are planning on TTC next spring. My mind thinks that 2 kiddos will be plenty, but I know my body (and heart?) will want to keep going. I've always known I wanted a big family--if it weren't for the reality of things like college funds, childcare costs, travel, etc. I think I would have 5 or 6---no joke! My hubby is a little less enthusiastic about having such a big brood, and our finances are pretty tight, so I think we'll have to cap the family at 2, but I know it will be a challenge for me to accept. I wish I had some advice on how to handle the baby fever, but I guess all I can offer is commiseration! I'm considering getting into birth work/doula practice when my little one starts school so that I can hopefully satisfy my baby cravings without adding to our family. We'll see if that helps the baby fever...

~may all beings be free from suffering~
Old 09-27-2011, 04:53 PM

We have three ages 9,6, and 2.... we thought we were done.  But I just can't get the thought of another out of my head. DH agreed to ttc one last time, then I will get my tubes tied, because I know we'll be done for sure then.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
Old 09-27-2011, 09:56 PM

I have baby fever really bad right now. If we get pg, then it will be baby #4. CRAZINESS I tell ya!! lol

I've been parting with all the baby things I didn't really need over the year & I feel as long as I have some cloth, a few good slings and a handful of toys-I'm in great shape.

Good luck!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

User Tag List