When did you start charting PP? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-16-2011, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm almost 12 mo PP and have not started cycling yet.  I have had signs of returning fertility over the last month or two.  I cosleep with DS2 so at least partially wake up several times a night BFing but I don't get out of bed then.  We wake up for the day just about the same time every day, so it probably wouldn't be that hard to start temping but would it actually be meaningful?

DH does NOT want another kid but hasn't gotten around to getting his physical which he needs before he can schedule a Vas.  I'm not willing to take any hormones or put any devices in my body.  So we've been using condoms, which neither of us really like.  I'm comfortable using FAM combined with condoms during fertile times to avoid so long as it's not just guesswork but I'm afraid that PP before resumption of cycling ... especially now that I've had signs of returning fertility ... is pretty much guesswork.  Oh .. and I'm having major baby lust these days so I'm not sure this is a good combination :P

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#2 of 2 Old 09-16-2011, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 8 months pp and not really officially charting, but having some signs of fertility returning. I'm going by the NFP rules for postpartum. Basically, any day I observe mucus I need to have 4 dry days before I'm considered in the clear again. For example, if I notice mucus on Monday, I cannot have sex until Friday evening, lest I want to chance a pregnancy. If I see mucus again before Friday, then I need to wait another 4 days, etc.

I was going to start temping again, but it's been so long since I've done it, I'm having trouble remembering to do it ;)

Last time, I didn't get AF until 14.5 months post partum. I also had lots of indication it was coming, so while I have some signs now, I don't really think it's coming soon. That being said, I'm not completely against another baby, I just would very much prefer it not be anytime in the very near future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page