Ugh..cant decide whether i want to be on birth control or not - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-29-2011, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my husband and i have been using the withdrawal method for the last 6 or so months with a few times a month where it is completely unprotected. we are totally okay with me getting pregnant and truthfully, i kinda want another baby. BUT... ever since i had my dd (7 months old) my cycle has been insane! i get really bad ovulation cramping and back pain and pretty bad pms symptoms. i get very tired, sick to my stomach (sometimes) and irritable among other things. i talked to my ob yesterday and she prescribed me the mini pill since i possibly have a clotting disorder. the things that bothers me about the mini pill are that it can make me so that i dont have a period at all and that it thins out my lining so no egg and sperm can implant. to me thats going against nature. so i have this dilemma in my head about whether to start the pill and help my symptoms that i get every month (and have pretty much no possibility of getting preg) or not starting it and have to go through everything throughout the month. has anyone taken the mini pill? what are your experiences??? i just need some feedback. TIA

#2 of 5 Old 09-29-2011, 06:13 PM

I am just so against the pill because I am dealing with a horrible chronic illness (interstitial cystits) that was caused in part from being on the PIll. It isn;t like every person on the Pill gets IC but if you can avoid, I would. have you looked into any herbal things like Vitex?

#3 of 5 Old 09-29-2011, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

no, i havent looked into anything natural yet

#4 of 5 Old 09-30-2011, 10:19 AM

I am in the exact same boat as you.  DS just turned 1 this month, and I still haven't gone in and gotten anything.  DH will occasionally wear a condom, sometimes he pulls out, and other times we plan it more towards my unfertile days.  But either way both of us are fine if I were to get pregnant, but for some reason we aren't really trying, we are in a way not trying...but I don't know!  I know I want to go on the pill, it worked well for me for 10 years, so I think that would be my choice.  I'm not a fan of IUD's or anything being stuck in me...and I was on depo once, but I fear the idea of not being able to conceive after I stop it...I'm 30 almost 31...so I know I'll want a second babe within the next two years...we'd like to eventually have 3....but it sounds like you're kind of like me...I've just been putting it off and hubs and I are both really not too worried about it. 

My main concern is taking any time I might like to spend with Aiden away...with my last pregnancy I was WICKED ill.  In bed for hours and hours a day and on anti-nausea and jsut all around SICK!  I don't want to be laid up when I could be spending time and making new memories and experiences with him...I think once he is around 2 I'll feel more comfortable with daycare and can then send him there if I need a day of rest etc.

Wow...babbled a bit there...but you sound a lot like me!

femalesling.GIFBabywearing, familybed1.gif CoNapping, dog2.gifdog2.gif2 Pitbulls, cat.gif1 Cat,

babyboy.gifDS Aiden 9/2010, dishes.gifsewmachine.gifwash.gifknit.gifhang.gifStay at home wife to David.joy.gif

#5 of 5 Old 09-30-2011, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

i'm glad im not the only one!! if i didnt have such crazy cycles i wouldnt worry about birth control at all. my periods are very normal however ranging from 28 to 32 days. i emailed my husband about it last night (he's overseas), so maybe his opinion will help. i seem to be okay so far this month (my period is due in 6 days) but my ovulation cramps were horrible. i thought my ovary was going to pop. i had the ob do a pelvic and everythings fine though. i feel like this is such a hard decision when it shouldnt be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page