Help! Is my wife pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2011, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, I really appreciate your responses. My wife and I are afraid that she might be pregnant. We are extremely careful and always use protection, both a condom and birth control. Plus we have only had sex twice within the past two weeks. But for the past few days she's had some nausea, cravings, and throwing up some mornings, plus some pelvic pain. Now, she comes down from time to time with nausea and pelvic pains for other reasons, and has thrown up in the morning inexplicably before. She starts her period in a week, so it's not the best time to do a pregnancy test, but we did one anyway last night. It was an Equaline One-Step test, where two lines form, one if you're not pregnant and two, into a + sign, if you are. The second line appeared extremely faint - I've seen everywhere that even with a faint line, it's a positive, but this was so faint that you could barely see it. Please let me know what you think. Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM

If there's a line, it's a positive result. However, there is the possibility that you're seeing a line that isn't there. It's happened to me once or twice, because I fooled myself. But, ime, that's far, far more likely if you're trying to get pregnant (you just want it so badly) than if you're trying not to.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 09-30-2011, 04:17 PM

For what it's worth, I've heard that the +/- tests and tests with blue dye are somewhat more prone to false positives and/or seeing a line that isn't really there than tests that have two separate pink lines. It's probably worth getting another brand of test and testing again in a week, when her hcg (pregnancy hormone) levels will be even higher if she is indeed pregnant.

User Tag List