Forum Jump: 

#61 of 118 Old 10-18-2011, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Still thinking of you, buttlerflymomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ View Post

Welcome, PinkBunch! ...even if you're only here for a short time.

Thanks!  After a good chat with DH, we're definitely in no place to TTC next month. Our existing 3 kids are kicking our (my) behind right now. We're not getting any younger, but I think I might like to have my oldest in full-day school before #4 arrives...which is 2 years from now!  That would be the largest space yet for our kiddos -- and the longest time avoiding ever since we've been together and not using hormonal BC. So we shall see...

That said, I should break out the therm tomorrow. AF has left the building.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#62 of 118 Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post

Hey all!  I need to join. I'm on my 2nd pp cycle with my 3rd child. We have charted to both conceive and avoid since July '05. Here is my chart. I'm still nursing, and DS cosleeps part-time, so I think my temps are going to be wacky. My cycle that just ended was very clear in terms of CM or CP. Even with NO temps, I knew when to expect AF within a day or two. This is typical for me and actually how we conceived DD2 even while nursing a 9mo.

I will be lurking because I need a refresher on avoiding. We currently are preventing with p/o during fertile times; often we use a condom during those times. At this point we are not sure whether will will move to TTC in November (OMG, that's NEXT MONTH) or not--we're on the fence about a 4th at this time.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome, Pink Bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

you can bleed a little when the egg erupts. this might be what you are seeing. i think that if it was  more often and not during o or right before menses, that it could be a sign of cervical infections. but if you had an infection, the egg white would have also looked different. yk maybe creamier or smelled funny or something. sometimes the cervix can get irritated and when it opens. most likely it is from the egg breaking out. there is no hole on your ovary so it has to literally tear through the wall of the ovary to get out. the blood will get sucked into the fallopian tube with the egg. the little fingers will sweep it down and out the cervix it will come. 

Thank,s LionessMom! I ovulated a few days later, but the blood was rather AF-like, so I guess it was some endometrial layer. Still recovering from birth controll use, I really need some more cycles to recover. BC pill is no fun! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post

Absolutely. And without checking internally, I'd NEVER trust it. Mine is very, very different at the vaginal opening as opposed to at the cervix at times. And since you rely on knowing your most fertile mucous of the day to determine if it's a "dry" day or not, I have to check internally.  

Ugh, good to know this. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buterflymomma View Post

Hey Ladies!

Here's a little update for you. I had my second sono today. There was a baby and hb (yay!), but I am now measuring 2 weeks behind. So, I don't think we are out of the woods just yet. My OB doesn't seem too concerned since we have had major progress from last time. Remember last time he wasn't even sure if there was a yolk sac. He has me going back in two weeks for another sono because he knows how nervous I am. I am still pretty worried becuase I don't see how I can be that off. I am hoping the baby is just growing a little slower than normal and in two weeks it will catch up.

Great news, Butterflymomma! Yay! Thinking of you!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#63 of 118 Old 10-19-2011, 07:08 AM

Thanks ladies! Believe me I was in shock when my OB told me there was a baby. Before he said anything I couldn't even look at the screen because I didn't want to look into an empty womb. Then I saw the little heart beating away and the sigh of relief from me was enormous. Continued T&Ps would be nice as I don't think we are out of the woods just yet. I am trying to just live day by day now and not worry what the future will bring. The past 10 days were so stressful for me and my hubby. I know that stressing isn't good for the baby.

JMJ~ Yes it is a miracle indeed. smile.gif God's will is strong, that's for sure! I am wondering if my uterus is tilted and my OB just can't get a clear enough view of the baby? I know that could be  a possibility, however I have never had that problem before. I am just praying that the baby is ok and developing well at my next sono.

I do have a question for those of you who have purchased the TCOYF book. Before I got the book I purchased the charting software from the website. Then I went out about a month later and bought the book. Well unbeknownst to me they book comes with the software too. Do you know if I can get a refund for the software I purchased from the website or am I stuck with both? If I am stuck with both it is no big deal, I will just give it to a friend or something.

Nicole
Wife to Victor
partners.gif familybed2.gif, buddamomimg1.png, caffix.gif, large family lovin'SAHM chicken3.gif to my chicklets, Nicholas 9/05 ,Genevieve 1/08, Viviana 11/09 and Michaela 5/11. Plus three angel babies in Jesus' arms. Forever in my heart  angel.gif  7/10 (5.5w), angel.gif  11/11 (11w) & angel.gif 4/12 (8w)

John 3:16

#64 of 118 Old 10-19-2011, 08:16 AM

Butterflymomma, when I was pregnant with DD, she measured two weeks behind and had a slow to rise HCG until about week 10. So, I've been there and am rooting for you!

Working jammin.gif Student Mama to a energy.gif4 y/o.

#65 of 118 Old 10-19-2011, 08:35 AM

Thank you so much CarsonBookworm. I have been reading on the internet and have found very few good outcomes. It is nice to hear. smile.gif Hopefully this is the same thing and baby is just lazy...lol.

Nicole
Wife to Victor
partners.gif familybed2.gif, buddamomimg1.png, caffix.gif, large family lovin'SAHM chicken3.gif to my chicklets, Nicholas 9/05 ,Genevieve 1/08, Viviana 11/09 and Michaela 5/11. Plus three angel babies in Jesus' arms. Forever in my heart  angel.gif  7/10 (5.5w), angel.gif  11/11 (11w) & angel.gif 4/12 (8w)

#66 of 118 Old 10-19-2011, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buterflymomma View Post

Thanks ladies! Believe me I was in shock when my OB told me there was a baby. Before he said anything I couldn't even look at the screen because I didn't want to look into an empty womb. Then I saw the little heart beating away and the sigh of relief from me was enormous. Continued T&Ps would be nice as I don't think we are out of the woods just yet. I am trying to just live day by day now and not worry what the future will bring. The past 10 days were so stressful for me and my hubby. I know that stressing isn't good for the baby.

JMJ~ Yes it is a miracle indeed. smile.gif God's will is strong, that's for sure! I am wondering if my uterus is tilted and my OB just can't get a clear enough view of the baby? I know that could be  a possibility, however I have never had that problem before. I am just praying that the baby is ok and developing well at my next sono.

I do have a question for those of you who have purchased the TCOYF book. Before I got the book I purchased the charting software from the website. Then I went out about a month later and bought the book. Well unbeknownst to me they book comes with the software too. Do you know if I can get a refund for the software I purchased from the website or am I stuck with both? If I am stuck with both it is no big deal, I will just give it to a friend or something.

I am quite sure the software that comes with the book is just a 14 day trial or something, so don't worry you didn't waste any money :) 

#67 of 118 Old 10-19-2011, 09:10 AM

JMJ - That is very helpful information, thank you.  I decided to go off the Micronor today. I didn't like the side effects that I was experiencing from it. Plus I am becoming more and more adverse to using anything that would cause an already fertilized egg to not implant. (Part of my reason for removing the IUD).  I have the TCOYF book, the Marquette method manual (which intrigues me, however I am very sure that the hubs isn't going to support the purchase of a $150 fertility monitor), and one other NFP manual I think. So I'm studying.... I think it will be worth it and so nice to be off synthetic hormones.  

Edited to add:  I want to emphasize that I don't want to imply judgement or anything negative against anyone who does choose to use an IUD, Pill, morning after pill, etc..... just for me personally I am becoming more uncomfortable with the idea of using something that potentially causes a fertilized egg not to implant, in my own body.  I don't think anyone seemed to have a problem with it but I wanted it to be clear. 

Quote:

Infojunkie, when you decide to rely on charting to avoid is up to you.  Coming off hormonal birth control can make the first few cycles a little bit crazy, but if you can get a chart that clearly shows that you have ovulated and are in the post-ovulation infertile period, I would feel comfortable relying on that as soon as you get there.  You may wish to ask on this thread for confirmation that you're there at first or any time you are unsure.  I do recommend assuming that you are potentially fertile (which is a form of relying on charting) from the time that you start your period until you have confirmed ovulation for at least your first cycle of charting, though it may be wise to chart at least 3-6 cycles before you use much of that time in your early cycle.  For example, after your first full cycle including a temperature rise (so you can be sure you ovulated and are actually having a period), you may be comfortable assuming that you are infertile for the first couple days of heavy flow or even as far as CD 5 or 6 as recommended by various NFP/FAM manuals.

What to expect: Your body compensates being on hormonal birth control, and it may take some time for the synthetic hormones to completely clear your system.  Really, you should be open to expecting anything, and you should expect that it might change.  You might ovulate and have a perfectly textbook cycle your first time, or you might experience delayed ovulation, mid-cycle spotting, irregular mucus patches, bumpy temperatures, a weak temperature rise, an incomplete CM dry up, a difficult to understand cervix, and a short luteal phase, but it will get better.  If your cycle is crazy one cycle, don't assume that it will be next cycle.  You can go from having all those things in one cycle to having a cycle with early/on time ovulation and a long enough luteal phase.  You may have several strange looking charts, or your cycle might snap back into place quicker than you think.  (This is actually good practice for charting the return of fertility while breastfeeding.)  There are people here with a lot of experience, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.  We won't always know what is going on, but we can give you a pretty good idea about whether it is safe to assume infertility or not.  When in doubt, assume that you are potentially fertile.

Your risk of getting pregnant is highest as you are learning because not only are you learning your body's signals and the rules of charting, but you are working out the details with your partner of how to have and use sexual self-control.  Keep this in mind and spend just as much time working on the communication with your partner as with learning the rules.  Most NFP failures are not method failures.  They are user failures, and often not because the woman didn't know the rules well enough.  I think it has the potential to do wonderful things by opening up communication with your partner, but it takes patience and self-control, and it's good to agree about how to handle potentially fertile times and develop the self-control to not just get caught up in the moment and change at the last minute.  It's just good to be aware of the psychological factors involved.  I think developing that kind of sexual self-control can be great for your relationship if you're both on the same page.

#68 of 118 Old 10-19-2011, 09:51 AM
JMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by infojunkie View Post

JMJ - That is very helpful information, thank you.  I decided to go off the Micronor today. I didn't like the side effects that I was experiencing from it. Plus I am becoming more and more adverse to using anything that would cause an already fertilized egg to not implant. (Part of my reason for removing the IUD).  I have the TCOYF book, the Marquette method manual (which intrigues me, however I am very sure that the hubs isn't going to support the purchase of a $150 fertility monitor), and one other NFP manual I think. So I'm studying.... I think it will be worth it and so nice to be off synthetic hormones.   

Congratulations on making the leap!  You probably already got this, but I would assume that you're potentially fertile from now until you are sure you've ovulated.  It could take a while, but hang tight, and you'll get there.

#69 of 118 Old 10-19-2011, 06:43 PM

JMJ- Thank you so much for the long response. I really appreciate it!! I've been noticing that the fertile CM I have is finally noticable externally, and I'm pretty sure I'm about to ovulate. Makes sense that the CM that's only noticeable internally probably isn't a reliable indicator of whats going on.

I've been having a hard time with checking my cervix since having DD, which is embarassing since I'm a L&D nurse. Tonight, I realized that what I thought was open was really only partially open. I checked my cervix this evening and it was nearly 1cm dilated!! Crazy cool! And exciting - I was hoping to ovulate tonight/tomorrow, I have a trip planned Nov. 10-13 and I'd hate to be on my period at the beach. Last month's LP was 12 days so I'm cutting it close as I've been "blessed" with long periods lately.

Jen - 29, part-time LDRP RN and Birth Consultant. DH - 33. Married since 2006. brokenheart.gif 3/09. DD 2010.  Expecting a surprise new one in May 2014!

#70 of 118 Old 10-20-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clavicula View Post

Thank,s LionessMom! I ovulated a few days later, but the blood was rather AF-like, so I guess it was some endometrial layer. Still recovering from birth controll use, I really need some more cycles to recover. BC pill is no fun! 

i wonder if it could have been caused by the hormone change right before o. 

Quote:
 I decided to go off the Micronor today. I didn't like the side effects that I was experiencing from it. Plus I am becoming more and more adverse to using anything that would cause an already fertilized egg to not implant. (Part of my reason for removing the IUD).  I have the TCOYF book, the Marquette method manual (which intrigues me, however I am very sure that the hubs isn't going to support the purchase of a $150 fertility monitor), and one other NFP manual I think. So I'm studying.... I think it will be worth it and so nice to be off synthetic hormones.  

i love being off of artificial hormones. and it does take awhile to get back to normal for your body. i am studying also. i made a list of books that i wanted to read and the library is finding them all by interlibrary loan. i have already read "garden of fertility" by katie singer, "Your fertility signals" by merryl weinstein, the tcoyf book of course, "Billings ovulation method", and the entire ff and tcoyf website. the next books i am asking for are "fertility cycles and nutrition" by Marilyn Shannon and "gauging a women's gynecological health by her fertility signals" by Ehling, dagmar, and katie singer. after that i have "the art of natural family planning" by kipley, john, and sheila and "honoring our cycles" by katie singer. 

the book "billings ovulation method" made  me feel alot better about not wanting to check internally. i am one of those women who have obvious signs without checking internally. i am prone to infection so i am hesistant to mess around in there and i always forget to wash my hands before i pee. so i just dont do it. i highly reccomend these books. 

on another note.... can someone look at my chart and tell me if they think it is triphasic?

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#71 of 118 Old 10-20-2011, 08:53 AM
JMJ

Quote:

on another note.... can someone look at my chart and tell me if they think it is triphasic?

I have been thinking the same thing, though it's not perfectly clear.  It's possible to have a triphasic-looking chart without being pregnant and to get pregnant without having a triphasic chart, but it does make you wonder?  Did anything suspicious happen with DTD around CD 14-16.  Were you using your pessary or something else?  How/when did you check CM in relation to DTD?

#72 of 118 Old 10-20-2011, 09:48 AM

exactly what i was thinking. so if you look there were 3 days we dtd around o. the first one was actually a continuation from the night before. dh was drunk and couldnt finish and as soon as he woke up the next morning we dtd so he could finish. i was wearing my pessary but it is a new smaller one. the next 2 nights i was still wearing my pessary, dh did not use a condom but he did withdraw. i  know, rule violations. i am not sure what we were thinking. i dont remember thinking either. well at least about anything else other than my raging desire. lol. i am not averse to being pregnant so i dont think i really cared. plus, another rule violation, i didnt think i would o until cd 22 at least again. i have never gotten pregnant while wearing the pessary and i dont remember taking it out to check anything during those 3 days either. i charted what i found on the tp. i havent tested yet as i am only 11dpo, and i really doubt i could be, but there is the chance. if i am not i have decided to more serioulsy look into tubal ligation since we do so poorly at using contraception. i know that i noticed changes before this that pointed out i should be paying more attention and that is why i put my pessary back in. but i didnt think about the smaller part and that it might not work the same way it did before. so if anything got by then i am pregnant. this wouldnt be method error this would be user error. this was also right after dh told me that if it happened, it happened. so i was being less cautious. i have been getting a temp dip before af so i am looking for it. i think last lp was 13 or 14 so i have a couple of days yet. i feel like af is coming. i have cramps, bb tender, hungry for carbs, nauseas, i canfeel the twinges in my ovary still and my cramps feel like braxton hicks. they were that way last cycle too. oh and i am moody! but those are all normal pms for me. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#73 of 118 Old 10-20-2011, 01:17 PM
JMJ

So, trying to get this straight.  CD 13-16, there was no removal of the pessary, but you still observed fertile CM on toilet paper?  That, in and of itself, would make me doubt that it is creating the kind of barrier that you're looking for.  Then, you had a complete DTD on the morning of CD 14 and incomplete/withdrawn DTD's on the evenings of CD 13, 15, and 16?  With a known DTD record in your fertile period, it sounds like it comes down to the effectiveness of the new pessary.

As far as rule-breaking is concerned, I'm not sure what set of rules exactly you were trying to follow.  If you are talking about NFP with abstinence in the fertile period, then yes, that is rule-breaking.  If you are talking about FAM with using other methods in the fertile period, then as long as you were using the pessary correctly, then it's not rule-breaking, though any failures would be related to failures in the pessary rather than in your ability to determine your fertile period.  Technically, it would be a failure for both the pessary and FAM (since it allows barrier methods in the fertile period), but not for NFP.  It would be too difficult to tell if there was a withdrawl failure or not because there was at least one complete DTD in the fertile period.

Feelings and decisions to be less cautious because you would be OK with getting pregnant also blur the line between unplanned and planned pregnancies difficult in many cases.  It's not the "planned pregnancy" that everybody envisions where you go off birth control or switch from CTA to TTC and notate it in your chart ahead of time, joining the TTC forums, testing early and often, hoping that one of these months, you're going to get two lines.  However, in some cases, depending on the circumstances, it's not necessarily an unplanned pregnancy either, where you are trying to avoid and doing your best to follow a contraceptive protocol, and something went wrong.

#74 of 118 Old 10-20-2011, 02:18 PM

usually while wearing the pessary nothing comes out until i sit down on the toilet. not af or anything. for some reason sitting down like that makes stuff come out. even with the old one it was like that. but i still didnt get pregnant except the two times i removed it. the first time on purpose to get pregnant. the second time bc i didnt know i was o'ing and we had just dtd and i wanted to take it out and clean it bc i was going to a pap appt. so i took it out within 15 min of dtd. so i guess i am hoping it worked this time again. 

well my kids have fevers and my oldest has bronchitis. so heres to hoping the increased temps are bc i am getting sick. we will know within 3 days anyway. 

#75 of 118 Old 10-21-2011, 07:55 PM

Well I'm enjoying being off the hormones. I'm starting to feel more "normal" than I have in a long time.  I'm charting right along, my only issue seems to be (and I feel really dense about it) is deciding what type of CM I have.  I am having trouble differentiating from regular vaginal moisture and "sticky". I don't even know if I've had sticky yet, honestly. I do know I've had creamy/lotiony/white a few times.  I've studied the TCOYF book and tried to look for more info on the internet but nothing really sets off the lightbulb in my head "oohhh now i get it".  

#76 of 118 Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:

Well I'm enjoying being off the hormones. I'm starting to feel more "normal" than I have in a long time.  I'm charting right along, my only issue seems to be (and I feel really dense about it) is deciding what type of CM I have.  I am having trouble differentiating from regular vaginal moisture and "sticky". I don't even know if I've had sticky yet, honestly. I do know I've had creamy/lotiony/white a few times.  I've studied the TCOYF book and tried to look for more info on the internet but nothing really sets off the lightbulb in my head "oohhh now i get it".  

yeah that is hard. but it gets easier as you go along. one thing i have been told is that cm is different for different people. you might not ever get sticky cm and that is ok. i never really seem to have sticky. i am either dry, creamy, or ew. and i dont get as much ew as some women get although it is more now that i started drinking green tea regularly. 

speaking of cm. i have been creamy for the last week. i am going to go buy a pregnancy test this morning. i am 14dpo today. and my temp is still super high. i do not have a fever either. i am pretty sure i am pregnant. the kicker was a new symptom. a racing heart. so i tested my blood sugar. through the roof. i only ever get high blood sugar like that when preggo. i always get low blood sugar or i just dont even digest it to begin with. it goes right through me bc of the fructose intolerance. so now i am digesting it, absorbing it, and getting high blood sugar symptoms. i hope i dont end up with gd again. this would explain the carb cravings and the weakness and dizziness 2 hours after. i have to keep eating to feel good. 

the rule i was trying to follow was abstinence or condoms during fertile times. i knew i was getting more fertile but thought that o was farther off than it really was. so i knew i had fertile vaginal sensation and relied on my pessary and history of o. you are not supposed to do that. if you are truly avoiding, you make sure you are fully protected or you abstain. i knew that just bc it worked before didnt mean it was reliable. and i did throw caution to the wind, so it is my fault. and now i am freaking out bc i dont think i was really ready. today, if i am, i would only be 4 weeks. so i am going to go to dollar general and get some tests. the only other thing it could be would be a cyst but i am not having that kind of pain. 

well ladies, i think i might go stalk the june ddc and the tww threads. sigh.

#77 of 118 Old 10-22-2011, 06:59 AM

the test is positive. blaringly so. i am due june 30th. i am now freaking out and literally shaking. 

#78 of 118 Old 10-22-2011, 07:04 AM

That's helpful about the CM. Thanks! I seem to either be dry, have a teensy bit of creamy, or a larger amount of creamy.  Hopefully the teensy bit of creamy thing won't last forever because that will be bad for the TCOYF rules. She only says a Basic Infertile Pattern of "sticky" can be safe. If creamy, you have to consider yourself fertile. Although maybe if it's just a teensy bit of whitish film, maybe it's not really considered "creamy"? Bah! Guess I'll just have to keep trying to figure it out. 

Quote:

yeah that is hard. but it gets easier as you go along. one thing i have been told is that cm is different for different people. you might not ever get sticky cm and that is ok. i never really seem to have sticky. i am either dry, creamy, or ew. and i dont get as much ew as some women get although it is more now that i started drinking green tea regularly. 

speaking of cm. i have been creamy for the last week. i am going to go buy a pregnancy test this morning. i am 14dpo today. and my temp is still super high. i do not have a fever either. i am pretty sure i am pregnant. the kicker was a new symptom. a racing heart. so i tested my blood sugar. through the roof. i only ever get high blood sugar like that when preggo. i always get low blood sugar or i just dont even digest it to begin with. it goes right through me bc of the fructose intolerance. so now i am digesting it, absorbing it, and getting high blood sugar symptoms. i hope i dont end up with gd again. this would explain the carb cravings and the weakness and dizziness 2 hours after. i have to keep eating to feel good. 

the rule i was trying to follow was abstinence or condoms during fertile times. i knew i was getting more fertile but thought that o was farther off than it really was. so i knew i had fertile vaginal sensation and relied on my pessary and history of o. you are not supposed to do that. if you are truly avoiding, you make sure you are fully protected or you abstain. i knew that just bc it worked before didnt mean it was reliable. and i did throw caution to the wind, so it is my fault. and now i am freaking out bc i dont think i was really ready. today, if i am, i would only be 4 weeks. so i am going to go to dollar general and get some tests. the only other thing it could be would be a cyst but i am not having that kind of pain. 

well ladies, i think i might go stalk the june ddc and the tww threads. sigh.

#79 of 118 Old 10-22-2011, 07:05 AM

Oh my. You must be feeling so many emotions right now! Have you told dh yet?

Quote:

the test is positive. blaringly so. i am due june 30th. i am now freaking out and literally shaking. 

#80 of 118 Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:

Oh my. You must be feeling so many emotions right now! Have you told dh yet?

no i havent. just everybody on the internet, my mom, and my bestie, and the dr office. i need a us to make sure it is not an ectopic. i almost died once that is why i only have one tube. but if you look at my chart you can see a dip at 9 dpo i think that could be implantation. that would suggest uterine implantation or it would have been earlier maybe. i think i will tell him tonight. i cant hold it in. 

the darker line is not the control line....

Picture0018.JPG

#81 of 118 Old 10-22-2011, 09:19 AM
JMJ

Congratulations, Lionessmom!  It's always a bit nerve wracking to see that positive test, even when you've been planning the pregnancy because you've created life, and there's no going back, even if you wouldn't want to.  I hope that your initial shock passes quickly and you have a great 9 months... actually, really only 8 left!

TMI Warning!...

Infojunkie, it was really helpful for me to hear the comparison between CM and some mucus that we are perhaps more familiar with: snot.  (Is there such a thing as TMI in a charting to avoid thread?)  Fertile would be like when your nose is really running.  It might look like eggwhites, or it might be so liquid that it just drips (watery).  Sticky would be like when you're near the end of a cold, and you can feel little bits stuck in your nose, but it's hard to get them out, and if you do, it's just little sticky clumps without much lubrication.  At the vulva, sticky is when you wipe and feel with the TP that there is something there that doesn't have much lubrication.  If you are able to wipe some off for analysis (often not possible), it would look kinda like semi-dried creamy if you could see it at all, and if you put your finger on it on the TP, it would feel more like touching the back of a sticker (one that has lost most of its stick).  Creamy is more likely to be something you could scrape a bit off of the TP, and it would look kinda like a white condiment... yogurt, mayo, something to that effect.

The constant creamy CM may just be an effect of the hormones as they're clearing your system, or it may be something that you have to figure out how to deal with.  You can establish it as a BIP, but it is more risky to do so.  If your cycles regularize down so that you're ovulating pretty early in your cycle, it wouldn't be wise since you wouldn't have that many safe days after your period anyway (and you could still have 2/3-3/4 of your cycle marked as safe days), but if your cycles end up really long with creamy throughout your cycle, and then you consistently have a week of EWCM before ovulation, you may decide that you feel comfortable with considering creamy to be your BIP.  In that case, you could also consider using the Doering temperature rule (first day of temperature rise minus 7 is last safe day if dry) to be a little more conservative, though if you always have at least 6 days of more-fertile mucus and tend to have all-the-time creamy CM and delayed ovulation, you can use this in the presence of less-fertile CM.  However, it takes time to be able to use this effectively... like at least 6-12 cycles, and I'd be careful about including your first few cycles off HBC in that.  So, basically, yes, if the constant creamy CM doesn't go away, it does make things more difficult, but there are ways to deal with it effectively besides considering yourself fertile all the time.

#82 of 118 Old 10-22-2011, 09:38 AM
JMJ

Quote:

no i havent. just everybody on the internet, my mom, and my bestie, and the dr office. i need a us to make sure it is not an ectopic. i almost died once that is why i only have one tube. but if you look at my chart you can see a dip at 9 dpo i think that could be implantation. that would suggest uterine implantation or it would have been earlier maybe. i think i will tell him tonight. i cant hold it in. 

the darker line is not the control line....

I don't think I can pinpoint implantation based on your chart, but definitely in the 6-9DPO range (It could also be when your temp went triphasic).  However, between the triphasic chart and the blaringly positive pregnancy test, it looks like you've got healthy hormone levels, something not common in ectopic pregnancies.  I think you have every reason to hope for the best.

#83 of 118 Old 10-22-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:

I don't think I can pinpoint implantation based on your chart, but definitely in the 6-9DPO range (It could also be when your temp went triphasic).  However, between the triphasic chart and the blaringly positive pregnancy test, it looks like you've got healthy hormone levels, something not common in ectopic pregnancies.  I think you have every reason to hope for the best.

thanks. i am pretty sure its good, but after that loss, i need a early us. 

i thought my temp looked tripahsic but i couldnt get much consensus on tcoyf. 

i can feel my uterus growing and stretching. it makes me feel better. :)

#84 of 118 Old 10-22-2011, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Lionessmom, wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

#85 of 118 Old 10-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Haha...JMJ...that was SO gross :) But very descriptive and helpful! When you stop and think about it, mucus is mucus so it's a good comparison.  I guess I just have trouble when the amount of CM is SO small that I'm trying to figure out if it's even relevant. 

Quote:

Congratulations, Lionessmom!  It's always a bit nerve wracking to see that positive test, even when you've been planning the pregnancy because you've created life, and there's no going back, even if you wouldn't want to.  I hope that your initial shock passes quickly and you have a great 9 months... actually, really only 8 left!

Infojunkie, it was really helpful for me to hear the comparison between CM and some mucus that we are perhaps more familiar with: snot.  (Is there such a thing as TMI in a charting to avoid thread?)  Fertile would be like when your nose is really running.  It might look like eggwhites, or it might be so liquid that it just drips (watery).  Sticky would be like when you're near the end of a cold, and you can feel little bits stuck in your nose, but it's hard to get them out, and if you do, it's just little sticky clumps without much lubrication.  At the vulva, sticky is when you wipe and feel with the TP that there is something there that doesn't have much lubrication.  If you are able to wipe some off for analysis (often not possible), it would look kinda like semi-dried creamy if you could see it at all, and if you put your finger on it on the TP, it would feel more like touching the back of a sticker (one that has lost most of its stick).  Creamy is more likely to be something you could scrape a bit off of the TP, and it would look kinda like a white condiment... yogurt, mayo, something to that effect.

The constant creamy CM may just be an effect of the hormones as they're clearing your system, or it may be something that you have to figure out how to deal with.  You can establish it as a BIP, but it is more risky to do so.  If your cycles regularize down so that you're ovulating pretty early in your cycle, it wouldn't be wise since you wouldn't have that many safe days after your period anyway (and you could still have 2/3-3/4 of your cycle marked as safe days), but if your cycles end up really long with creamy throughout your cycle, and then you consistently have a week of EWCM before ovulation, you may decide that you feel comfortable with considering creamy to be your BIP.  In that case, you could also consider using the Doering temperature rule (first day of temperature rise minus 7 is last safe day if dry) to be a little more conservative, though if you always have at least 6 days of more-fertile mucus and tend to have all-the-time creamy CM and delayed ovulation, you can use this in the presence of less-fertile CM.  However, it takes time to be able to use this effectively... like at least 6-12 cycles, and I'd be careful about including your first few cycles off HBC in that.  So, basically, yes, if the constant creamy CM doesn't go away, it does make things more difficult, but there are ways to deal with it effectively besides considering yourself fertile all the time.

#86 of 118 Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 AM
JMJ

Quote:

Haha...JMJ...that was SO gross :) But very descriptive and helpful! When you stop and think about it, mucus is mucus so it's a good comparison.  I guess I just have trouble when the amount of CM is SO small that I'm trying to figure out if it's even relevant. 

Sorry for grossing you out.  I added a TMI warning for people who don't need to read that.  Some of the other charting systems would have you chart that as "M" for a tiny amount of non-specific less-fertile type mucus.  It's really important to note the difference between nothing and anything because anything can help sperm survive a lot longer than nothing.  This is the main reason I can't stand the online charting, because I like to be more specific than they'll let me be.  As far as classifying it for charting programs, I would chart it as sticky, not because it actually is sticky, but because sticky is treated in the programming as "certainly less-fertile type mucus" while creamy is treated as more or less fertile.

#87 of 118 Old 10-23-2011, 08:24 AM

Oh I wasn't really grossed out :) I was just joking. Not much can really gross out a person who has children.  Thank you so much for all your help! The tips below really help clarify things for me. 

Quote:

Sorry for grossing you out.  I added a TMI warning for people who don't need to read that.  Some of the other charting systems would have you chart that as "M" for a tiny amount of non-specific less-fertile type mucus.  It's really important to note the difference between nothing and anything because anything can help sperm survive a lot longer than nothing.  This is the main reason I can't stand the online charting, because I like to be more specific than they'll let me be.  As far as classifying it for charting programs, I would chart it as sticky, not because it actually is sticky, but because sticky is treated in the programming as "certainly less-fertile type mucus" while creamy is treated as more or less fertile.

#88 of 118 Old 10-23-2011, 08:24 AM

Congrats LionessMom! Hoping the baby is where it should be and wishing you a H&H 9 months!

Nicole
Wife to Victor

#89 of 118 Old 10-23-2011, 02:25 PM

thanks everyone for the congrats! it makes me feel better about it. i still havent told dh. i dont know why. i guess i am afraid he will get stressed out. i might wait until tonight. everyone here is sick. something in our throat. it gets real sore and the coughing is crazy. so everyone is cranky and i dont want to make things worse. however, i did leave the test on my dresser. he hasnt said anything to me. i also wrote pregnant on my chart. so i guess he doesnt look at that stuff. he never acts happy any time i get preg even when it was on purpose. he just starts getting stressed about money and how small our house is. so maybe i just want to enjoy it for a minute before he brings me down. idk.

#90 of 118 Old 10-23-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:

thanks everyone for the congrats! it makes me feel better about it. i still havent told dh. i dont know why. i guess i am afraid he will get stressed out. i might wait until tonight. everyone here is sick. something in our throat. it gets real sore and the coughing is crazy. so everyone is cranky and i dont want to make things worse. however, i did leave the test on my dresser. he hasnt said anything to me. i also wrote pregnant on my chart. so i guess he doesnt look at that stuff. he never acts happy any time i get preg even when it was on purpose. he just starts getting stressed about money and how small our house is. so maybe i just want to enjoy it for a minute before he brings me down. idk.

aw that is rough that he never acts happy when you get pregnant. That must be hard.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, it is a wonderful thing :) Give yourself full permission to feel whatever you are feeling!  

LionessMom and erigeron like this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page