considering ttc #2 but still nursing, no period - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2011, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 22-month-old son who is still going strong with the breastfeeding. I was 39 when he was born (41 now) and my partner and I are considering having another child - time is of the essence, so it would probably be in the next 6 months or so that we'd start trying. I got pregnant after IVF and have several frozen embryos that we would try with. So, I'm considering weaning my son, but I kind of don't want to. I guess I'm wondering if it's totally impossible to get pregnant if you are not menstruating and nursing, and what it might mean if I put off ttc for another year. I feel anxiety about it every day and it's terrible. Anyone else in a similar situation?

M (42) stillheart.gif L (42) stillheart.gif DS (2) stillheart.gif 3 kitties familybed1.gif

Due 5/4/13 with #2

My blog: http://www.path2parenthood.wordpress.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I cannot offer much advise but would commiserate with you.  Making decisions about fertility is so monumental.  My daughter is 26 months and we have not been using birth control for 8 months.  My daughter nurses often including off and on at night.  My periods continue to be very irregular.  I am not making any moves to wean my daughter. 

I am continually trying to remind myself that the relationship I have with daughter and husband now is much more important than any hypothetical relationship I might have with any future child...at least until they are a person, not just a dream.  So what I am trying to say, is that I am trying to prioritize the people I have in my life now.  Good luck!

mother of 2, wife, daughter, lawyer, toddler wearing, extended breastfeeding, ec-ing, water birthing....

User Tag List