Two Full Periods a Month with this pill - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-14-2011, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was put on a new birth control after nuvaring was causing bad hormonal issues, but now Ive been bleeding twice a month for 3 months

its from lo-estrin, has anyone else experienced this? Should i switch? Stick with it?

I dont like birth control at all, the complications, the unnatural periods, it makes my stomach flip

I was looking into NFP but if i cant even remember to take my pill daily, Im worried it may not be effective enough, however Im open for alternative

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#2 of 6 Old 12-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Dia

In college I was briefly on the pill (I think the same one as you), and the same thing happened to me. Lots of bleeding, all the time. It was horrible. I stopped taking it and swore I would never alter my body with synthetic hormones again.

Sorry you're dealing with this, I know finding a good BC method is hard. It's condoms for me.

Mama to one amazing ecbaby2.gif
#3 of 6 Old 12-16-2011, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Dia, how many months did your extra bleeding last? not sure if I should wait until it stops as a side effect

Funny enough, I asked my DP his opinion last night and he said he'd be fine with using condoms if it means I dont need to have the problems with the birth control meds

What about withdrawl? Theres maybe 5 overall chances of conception per month for us 

Is NFP still highly effective without the use of condoms?

Is there even a birth control that has very limited side effects?

*breath of air* 

dizzy.gif

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#4 of 6 Old 12-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianhippie View Post

Thanks Dia, how many months did your extra bleeding last? not sure if I should wait until it stops as a side effect

I started bleeding a lot as soon as I began taking the pills, I guess it lasted about 2 months, and then I had enough and stopped them. So I can't speak to the longevity past that timeframe. 

Funny enough, I asked my DP his opinion last night and he said he'd be fine with using condoms if it means I dont need to have the problems with the birth control meds

What about withdrawl? Theres maybe 5 overall chances of conception per month for us 

Personally I feel this is a good method. I don't practice it with my current partner because he is not comfortable with it, but I have in the past and it worked fine.

Is NFP still highly effective without the use of condoms?

I think only, if you are really, really REALLY good at it. Otherwise no. 

Is there even a birth control that has very limited side effects?

No. Altering your body always has affects. This is my opinion of course.

*breath of air* 

dizzy.gif

#5 of 6 Old 01-02-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your advice!

I began my next round but decided to stop for the month until i can speak with a doctor, but now Im too concerned for the risk and have decided to at least continue based from my next period....however lol im still waiting, it's been 4 weeks since i had a birth control period and 5-6 weeks since a regular period, Ill keep waiting, alot of times stopping a birth control has made me late before 

Im so uncomfortable with birth control meds, I think ill advise my naturopath as well for her opinion

#6 of 6 Old 01-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Dia

Best of luck to you! I hope she helps you find the right solution. 

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page