think I need to take Plan B- tell me it will be ok - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Lost condom, done with babies, freaking out.  I don't do well with birth control pills, and now I am super anxious about taking Plan B.  Wondering what I can do afterward to put my system back in alignment.  I haven't been on the pill in 10 years, I really hate introducing artificial hormones into my body.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I took it once and it really had no lasting effect on me at all. It's just a couple of days of pills. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if you're going to take it take it very soon (like this morning) as it's effectiveness goes down quickly the longer you wait.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:23 AM

I have taken it twice with no effects whatsoever.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:58 PM

I took it once ~ in a scenario that was relatively emotionally stress free (was with my fiance, we weren't married yet and not even living together, wanted to wait before starting family) ...but I found it fairly unpleasant, though short-lived.  I felt really nauseaus and weirdly, extremely depressed for an entire evening.  That was it.  I didn't feel that I had to rebalance myself the next day, and I too am sensitive to bcp/hormones.  

So, very unpleasant, very brief.  Make sure you take it on a weekend or can take a day off.   Don't pop it and go to work.  

People who fear that if plan b is easy to obtain women will use it like birth control pills are nuts.  It's a serious drag.

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to use it again if I had to.  I'd just make sure I had a good book, a quiet room, and a sympathetic partner.

GL ... it's never easy.

Kids. I got two of 'em.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:41 PM

I've taken it once and had not side effects afterwards. I hadnt taken the pill in almost 10 years.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 02-11-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazee View Post

I took it once and it really had no lasting effect on me at all. It's just a couple of days of pills. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if you're going to take it take it very soon (like this morning) as it's effectiveness goes down quickly the longer you wait.

Seconding this advice. I took Plan B once, but I waited a number of hours before taking the first dose, and my darling energetic 2 year old DD is the result!

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

Tags
Family Planning
User Tag List