Could I be pregnant with a copper IUD? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-19-2012, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So confused right now maybe someone can help me decifer what is going on. A couple of months ago I started feeling nausous and had sore breasts...I had AF but it was very abnormal and extremely light. I didn't feel right. So i took two home pregnancy tests and they came back negative. I went to the dr he did a bloodtest..said he would call if anything came up i never heard from him so im assuming all was ok...last period i had was the end of December.. but it was unusually light. I have a copper IUD i have had it for about 6 yrs and never have I experienced what I am right now. Lately During intercourse it hurts to where i feel like something is poking my cervix...that is odd to me because it has never happened before. I have been extremely moody...I have been nausous...very tired...have sore breasts..and the weirdest thing of all is i have major heartburn and indigestion. I have never ever had a prob with heartburn or indigestion except for 8 yrs ago when I was pg....I think that is the weirdest thing to me and what concerns me the most. Ive had it continuous for the last 4 days. I spoke with a friend and she said that maybe before I didn't have enough hormones for my tests to register. She had an ectopic with an iud before. I am just not really sure whats going on the indigestion and sex thing is what is the weirdest to me..I also have sharp pains and cramps from time to time..Do you think I can be pg or is it just in my head? I think im going crazy because i have an iud....what are your thoughts?

#2 of 2 Old 01-19-2012, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A. Yes, you could be pregnant.

B. If you suspect you are, as you do, you should go to the doctor ASAP because, as with your friend, many of the few pregnancies that sometimes get past the IUD are ectopic, and that can be very dangerous.

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page