Paraguard IUD and strange cycle? Any advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-04-2012, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi All,

I usually get my AF every 17 days.  I have had the paraguard IUD for almost 2 years now and never had any problems like this.  The first day of AF was on Jan 18 until Jan 24.  This week I have been spotting and I am supposed to have my cycle next Friday however, it came early yesterday. I first saw light pink blood, continual spotting this week and today I see blood. I have cramps and my back hurts.  Same like I am getting my real AF but for some reason I am getting it 6 days earlier.  

Is this normal?  I felt my strings and I can still feel them but I really hope I am not preggo.  What do you think is the cause of this?  

Can weight loss or stress contribute to this mysterious change?

Any advice or recommendations?

THANKS

#2 of 2 Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi im having the same trouble had my copper iud inserted back in october everything ok up to feb this year when my period fails to happen and im still waiting, my last period was 13th jan nearly 10 weeks ago i have done 4 peg tests all negative and had a hcg blood test that my doc done that came back 'normal' my hcg level was 3.13 have got a hosptial app this weds to find out whats going on, i have not been through any stress lately and dont know why my period has not turned up yetgreensad.gif  my strings are still there and have not moved i regret having this iud now.

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page