PG-Like Symptoms on Mini-Pill??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-11-2012, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After spending alot of time lurking on other mini pill posts, I've decided to just ask around...has anyone had weird pregnancy-like symptoms on the mini pill?  

I have been on it (Camila/norethindrone) since about 2 months PP.  No PPAF yet (@ 10 months PP - whoo hoo! biggrinbounce.gif) but feeling...well...preggo!  Started with weird cramping, now also super nauseous, dizzy, tired, moody, have weird food cravings, gassy, peeing constantly...the works.  Have I been a great pill taker?  Of course not - I mean, I missed one (or two?) pills at the beginning of this pack (which is typical for me) and took the rest probably within 1-2 hrs. of the same time every night.  

Was not sure when to test, since PPAF hasn't arrived (and mini pills are all active pills, so no help there...) but took two FMU tests now, a few days apart (during last week of pack) and both were negative.  This means no "mini pill baby" for me, right??? winky.gif  

So...has anyone else had these symptoms on the mini pill and not been pg?  Could it be related to AF returning in the next few weeks?  Or the hormones in the pills themselves (why would it show up now?)?

Only other thing I can think of is DS is still nursing day/night (only takes a couple bites of solids here and there) and I've gotten back to my pre-pg weight - but I was eating lots (before nausea hit) and on prenatal vitamins/supplements, so it shouldn't be some kind of nutritional thing, right?

Help me, wise mamas! confused.gif

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#2 of 4 Old 02-21-2012, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Nobody has responded here, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not?  Anybody out there had these side effects suddenly while on the mini-pill?  

Took one more pregnancy test a couple days after starting this thread - still nothing but BFNs.  Think I will have to talk to my doc...still dizzy, nauseous, some back pain, bloated, frequent pee trips, tired etc. though a bit less crampy - just BIZARRE!!! shrug.gif

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#3 of 4 Old 04-13-2012, 06:49 PM

Hi I saw this post a while ago but hadn't started the pill yet. I've been on it 1 month now and am definitely having those symptoms. Mainly sore nipples, extreme fatigue, cramping, etc... you won't have a period while on it...just random spotting. Thankfully it hasn't effected libido/mood which was my problem with past pills. I just hope i'm not pregnant! LO is only 3 months.

#4 of 4 Old 04-14-2012, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't been back to the doc to talk to them about it, but my symptoms did eventually get less intense and then finally disappeared.  But it took a while, and alot of convincing on my part, because I was so paranoid!  (I mean, if you aren't having your period, you have all these symptoms, and so many have posted about "mini-pill babies" - it's enough to bug ya, for sure)

So, I hope you have good luck and maybe your body will adjust to the hormones soon.  Hormonal birth control always has some negative/weird side effects, I think, it just depends on what the mixed bag is for each kind (but the alternatives leave something to be desired, too...what's a girl to do?? shrug.gif)

Good luck! (oh, and I found some $1 tests at my Dollar Tree for those moments where you need a lil extra reassurance winky.gif - DS is now almost 1, but I'm still not ready to jump back into the baby rodeo!)

Tags
Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page