Wanting but Waiting *2012* - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 93 Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the thread Billie Jo! I look forward to hearing updates about how your getting on searching for jobs and a place to live, all the best with that! So exciting.
AFM charting is going well due to ovulate Friday and all signs are pointed to that happening. Which is fabulous as I only stopped bcp on December 31st during my last af. I am wondering if dh will have changed his mind about when we start ttc. This month or next. Although realistically next month is better timing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 93 Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 AM

I'm still here... back? Which ever. 2012 was a long and short year for me. I got a job in January, short term a stepping stone to something better. Then a better job in sept, which is likely where I'll be staying from now on. So no time for any babies for me. Our possibly trying date is pushed back to late this year, early next. Hopefully I'll be fully settled in my job by then and we'll have a little money set aside. Things went, I hesitate to say great, but there were more ups then downs last year for sure. 

I'm going to try to actually be involved in the board this year. Crossing my fingers that things will be more settled down for us in 2013.

Wife to a wonderful man, not a mommy yet but looking forward to when we are ready. 
"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." Loretta Young
#93 of 93 Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM

Okay, so I thought I would be saying goodbye to this thread and hello to one of the TTC threads. My husband is finally ready! Just like that! He said February, then I haggled him down to January, and lo and behold what seemed an arbitrary date for starting TTC is here and by golly he really is ready.

But I somehow though that by now I would have landed a few contracts in my career (music therapy). That was my plan- land a few contracts, get my feet wet in my career, then have my baby and continue to do a few hours a week- on my schedule!- and making a life sustaining income at that. But I haven't landed a contract yet because it turns out I still have a lot to learn about marketing.

So now what? I guess I'll hold off on taking those prenatal vitamins, at least for a few months.

Any advice? Has anyone tried to grow a private practice/business and a baby at the same time? Is it possible? Is it too risky? I thought we were finally ready, and now looking at my bottle of prenatal vitamins and all the expensive healthy organic food I splurged on to give my potential embryo the best start possible makes me want to cry and the whole thing just seems . . . well, dumb. Naive. Immature.  :-(

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page