My Mirena is missing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-17-2012, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got a Mirena IUD put in 5 months ago had the routine follow up a month later and it was still in place. The last two months I was sure I was bleeding more often it was like I bled for a week then I would stop for two then bleed another week and then stop for a week. Then I had sex with my bf and started bleeding another week after I had just finished so I said forget it and called the dr. She wanted me to get the placement of it checked so a few days later I had a transvaginal ultrasound. My IUD wasn't there according to the technician. Obviously I had been bleeding and using a ton of tampons but I was and still am pretty sure I would have seen or felt something. I went in for a follow up and they said it must have just fallen out. I am concerned that since I have a retroverted cervix or something like that along with a shorter area for the IUD to fit (5cm instead of 6-10) that it has perforated and is floating around in my body. I called Mirena or Bayer the maker of the IUD and they said it really is possible that it could perforate and I could dismiss the pain. so now I called the dr and told them I want an xray to know for sure. Is this normal? I hate feeling like I worry too much but I think I need to see that its not in there via xray. Thankfully I am not using it for birth control it was for endomitriosis which is dumb when all it made me do was bleed, very couter productive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-17-2012, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRuth View Post

I got a Mirena IUD put in 5 months ago had the routine follow up a month later and it was still in place. The last two months I was sure I was bleeding more often it was like I bled for a week then I would stop for two then bleed another week and then stop for a week. Then I had sex with my bf and started bleeding another week after I had just finished so I said forget it and called the dr. She wanted me to get the placement of it checked so a few days later I had a transvaginal ultrasound. My IUD wasn't there according to the technician. Obviously I had been bleeding and using a ton of tampons but I was and still am pretty sure I would have seen or felt something. I went in for a follow up and they said it must have just fallen out. I am concerned that since I have a retroverted cervix or something like that along with a shorter area for the IUD to fit (5cm instead of 6-10) that it has perforated and is floating around in my body. I called Mirena or Bayer the maker of the IUD and they said it really is possible that it could perforate and I could dismiss the pain. so now I called the dr and told them I want an xray to know for sure. Is this normal? I hate feeling like I worry too much but I think I need to see that its not in there via xray. Thankfully I am not using it for birth control it was for endomitriosis which is dumb when all it made me do was bleed, very couter productive.

I think that since you didn't see/feel it fall out (which you would THINK you would have right?!?) that the x-ray is for peace of mind.

I doubt that it has perforated anything without any pain, but at the same time, you can just never know these things forsure.

Go get the x-ray and get some peace of mind! hug2.gif

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page