8 weeks postpartum spotting, mucus - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD is exactly 8 weeks today and is EBF. I stopped bleeding at 4 - 5 weeks but just had some light spotting start today. I've been having a lot of mucus on and off for the last couple weeks. Is that normal? I'm wondering if my fertility is returning or is this just normal postpartum stuff.

#2 of 4 Old 02-18-2012, 01:31 PM
JMJ

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You could ignore everything up until now if you qualified for LAM, but with spotting and CM now, you should assume that it might be your fertility returning.

#3 of 4 Old 03-04-2012, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Wafflefish ~ Definitely start charting (well if your into charting :). Like pp said any sign of mucus is a possible sign of fertility.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#4 of 4 Old 03-07-2012, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

The return of egg white cervical mucus is normal whilst breastfeeding, as the body increases its production of estrogen in attempt to ovulate. You may not ovulate for awhile, but could ovulate anytime, so yes, keep an eye on everything.

I am 5 weeks post partum, and ebf as well.  In the last few days i had that mittelschmerz feeling you get when you ovulate.  I am sure my ovaries are starting up again.  So weird to have that feeling after so long...

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page